Start by marking “Voyage of the Lanternfish” as Want to Read:
Voyage of the Lanternfish

Voyage of the Lanternfish

An honorable man is mistaken for his disreputable father. Now he's pushed into a political scheme to start a war that will spread across multiple kingdoms. James Cuttler's fiancé is being held captive to ensure he goes through with the plan.

He soon decides his skills are at sea and procures a ship to wage war upon those who disrupted his simple life. He can't do it alone,
Published December 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Voyage of the Lanternfish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voyage of the Lanternfish

Colleen M. Chesebro
Speculative Fiction author, C. S. Boyack has entertained me with his novels for some time. He first hooked me with one of his earlier books, Panama, which is another recommended read!

This author has a no-frills style of writing which always draws me into the story and characters. Once you start reading you better plan on staying up late! I know I did.

The plot of the “Voyage of the Lanternfish,” wraps around James Cuttler, a man whose fiancé is being held captive by a political foe. Mistaken for
Mae Clair
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a rollicking, magical, high-octane, deftly plotted adventure! Remember when Dorothy steps from her black-and-white world into the Land of Oz for the first time? That explosion of color, wonder, and delight is equivalent to what the reader experiences in Voyage of the Lanternfish.

Wow, where to begin? I won’t reiterate the plot (just hop up and read the blurb), but I will say you’re in for a treat with this story of pirates, high-sea adventure, a diverse cast of characters and plenty of bizar
Staci Troilo
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pirate Fantasy at Its Finest

When I heard one of my favorite authors had taken on a pirate fantasy, I was excited. There’s something compelling about a scoundrel’s life on the high seas that captures my interest. Add C. S. Boyack’s quirky and clever take on characters and plot, and I was certain this would be a winner.

It absolutely was.

Boyack crafted some of my favorite characters to date — root monsters. They are fun and boisterous creatures that really help sell the type of story this is. It’s
Jan Sikes
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
What I enjoyed most about this new book from C.S. Boyack is the fantastic job of world-building he accomplishes through creative writing. I had no difficulty visualizing the cities, the boats, the monsters, or the people that make up this story. The root monsters are a surprise and it’s fun to see them take on personalities and start to become somewhat human. The goal of James Cuttler is often different from that of his makeshift crew, but he manages to keep everyone happy with enough looting to ...more
Jaye Marie
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Voyage of the Lanternfish is altogether a far more complicated and serious work than the author's previous stories. Kidnapping and talk of starting a war had me thinking I had picked up the wrong book.
The solid sense of humour, wonderful storyline and intriguing characters kept me turning the pages and I almost read it all in one sitting.
This story has everything.
Adventure, magic, romance and an incredible cast of some of the strangest creatures I have ever read about. I couldn't decide whic
Koeur
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Publishing Date: January 2019

Publisher: C. S. Boyack

ISBN: 9780786330786

Genre: Fantasy

Rating: 3.4/5

Publisher’s Description: An honorable man is mistaken for his disreputable father. Now he’s pushed into a political scheme to start a war that will spread across multiple kingdoms. James Cuttler’s fiancé is being held captive to ensure he goes through with the plan. He soon decides his skills are at sea and procures a ship to wage war upon those who disrupted his simple life. He can’t do it alone, s
D.L. Finn
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read other stories and books by this author and have always been impressed by them. When I saw Mr. Boyack had a new book with pirates and magic, I couldn’t wait to read it. I was not disappointed. It’s full of adventure, magic, excitement, friendship, love, family and the best part the root monsters. The Lanternfish is a ship I’d want to sail on and carries people I’d like to get to know. I loved the pirates, the monsters and their relationships, but the captain’s quest to save the woman he ...more
Michele Jones
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What would you do to save the woman you love? Follow James’ journey as he takes to sea to save his fiancé.

Mr. Boyack weaves a tale complete with pirates, monsters, and magic. The characters are well-written and completely believable. Even the supporting characters are charismatic and well developed. He had me turning the pages as fast as I could to see where the Lanternfish would take me next. A must read for anyone that likes magic, pirates, mystery, and a good fight.
Pat Eroh
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nonstop action from the first page to the end. This is an intriguing story that includes some interesting magic and adventure. The story moves so fast that you literally are flipping through pages but it is not difficult to follow. I love the main characters and the chivalry that is not dead!

Don Massenzio
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great tale by C.S. Boyack

This book has it all; pirates, monsters, magic and sword fights. It’s a rollicking adventure full of rich and colorful characters. If you like a great story, this book is for you.
Judith Post
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got the chance to beta read this, and it was so much fun! Not the usual type of book I pick up. The story burst with imagination and one adventure after another. It gave me the feel of Pirates of the Caribbean with its pirates, sea battles, and magic. There are some really interesting minor characters to support the good captain of the Lanternfish. A fun, fast read!
P.H. Solomon
Kami Boley
Feb 01, 2019
Joan Hall
Feb 04, 2019
RABT Book Tours: Voyage of the Lanternfish by C.S. Boyack 1 2 Jan 29, 2019 05:58AM