Start by marking “Devil Winds Dance” as Want to Read:
Devil Winds Dance

Devil Winds Dance

It all started with a new job...

For single mother Abbey Brennan starting a new job was supposed to be the beginning of a bright new future. Instead, it was the beginning of a mystery involving drugs and murder, and a race to save the life of her son. During her relentless quest to uncover the truth about a young woman’s untimely death, Abbey arouses the suspicions of a loc
Published December 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Devil Winds Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil Winds Dance

MA
Popsugar 2019 Reading Challenge (31/40)
Prompt: A book by an author whose first and last names start with the same letter

I won a free copy of this book through Goodreads Giveaways.

Is this self-published? It feels self-published. 400 pages in and it still feels like nothing has happened. Also, who proofed this because if I see i-phone or mini-frig one more time, someone may have to die.

In what world would a millennial ever use the phrase fair to middling? And call his mom Moe? Also, mom Abbey is a
Russ Ward
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book really surprised me... Was looking for a thriller and this is certainly that... The surprising part was that the plot and setting were so well researched that I feel like I was a participant in the story... Abbey Brennan, the protagonist, is a young single mother who takes a new job working for San Bernardino County's Child Protective Services and finds that an agency that is supposed to protect children is not what it seems... and soon she is involved in investigating and trying to pr ...more
Jess
May 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Seeing the great reviews this book had on Goodreads made me excited to receive a free copy of this book on Goodreads. I will admit I can be a harsh critic when it comes to mystery and thrillers. I love it when the author has me on the edge of my seat or just an unpredictable plot.

The plot was unpredictable in this novel, but I believe what made me dislike this novel was how the various points of view jumped around. Also, there were times when the plot did not flow and I caught myself wondering
Barb Fay
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
A single parent tries to better herself with a new job while studying for a law degree online only to get caught up in a criminal world of drugs and prostitution including employee theft by her boss who is stealing money from the foster care program he supervises. Her son becomes a victim of her entanglements, and a pretty complicated plot unfolds. The weakest element of the novel is the lack of editing: too many misspelled words and sloppy references.
(I read a paperback version)
Denise Snow
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was not what I expected. It has many characters and layers. It is complicated and not a light read, however unpredictable and well written. I figured l would rate it a 4 or 5, and went with a 5 because the story stayed with me. I would definitely recommend this book to those who want more than a easy beach day read.
Sammy Allen
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
As I started the novel I was intrigued by Baby's story. I found the storyline to be unique and captivating. As the book went on I started to found the pacing slowing down, and I started to lose interest, and found there was so many parts to the story that it made it hard to connect with it.
Laura Henderson
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a good book. I liked how she described the locations of places, since Im from California i COULD PICTURe it in my head with no problem, since Ive been there already. Especially my hometown.

This book kept me on the edge of my seat. I wanted more.
Mary
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kept my interest throughout
Mary Keen
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the descriptions and the pacing. Intriguing plot. Should be a movie.
Mayhew8
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, it is a thriller that kept me reading to see how the single mom that is a suspect in the murder turns out.
Janet Kellar
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book--lots of twists & turns in story!
Kathy Webb
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I won this Kindle edition book in a GoodReads
Giveaway. Thank you to everyone involved.
This is a fast paced thriller. Keeps you
entertained.
Melanie
May 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through the goodreads giveaways program.
Abbey gets a job as a social worker. When one of her clients ends up dead, she feels obligated to get to the truth.
Really tough to follow. The story doesn't really pull you in, and goes off on tangents that are unnecessary. The language was really awkward and seemed to get worse as the book progressed. For example, shoulder hoister instead of holster. There were missing words- "out of mind", instead of "out of HIS mind". Character's n
Jae Park
Doreen Ashbrook
Joe Dickerson
Sara Young
Jan 04, 2019

• Motivate THIS!: How to Start Each Day with an Unstoppable Attitude to Succeed Regardless of Your Circumstances
  • Where's Buddha?
  • The Haunted
  • Guestbook: Ghost Stories
  • The Keeper
  • An Ocean of Thoughts: One Man's Journey from Self-Destruction to Self-Realization
  • The Cutting Room (Carver and Lake, #2)
  • The Unrepentant
  • The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Conscious Living: Unraveling Your Mindsets in 21 Days
  • Instagram Power
  • because I said I would.
  • Keep You Close
  • The Curse of Sara Douroux
  • I Am The Lion
  • Unopened
  • Death Valley Superstars: Occasionally Fatal Adventures in Filmland
  • Zen as F*ck: A Journal for Practicing the Mindful Art of Not Giving a Sh*t
  • Middle School Misadventures
Tracy Thorne spent fifteen years working in different capacities for Child Protection Services agencies in Southern California. The people and situations she encountered while engaged as a Child Abuse Investigator were the seeds for the novel ‘Devil Winds Dance’. Tracy lives in Malibu, California with her family.