Start by marking “Pricked” as Want to Read:
Pricked

Pricked

All I wanted was a tattoo.

What I got was a broody, enigmatic demigod with an electrifying touch and a mysterious past.

We were night and day in every way possible, not an ounce of anything in common, and yet, I wanted him in the worst way.

Published (first published January 24th 2019)

Bindi Boo
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
*SPOILER ALERT*

Recipe for disaster: smart, rich girl finds a hot, not-so-rich, mysterious man who tells you at the get-go he is not one for commitment- tell him you're 'adventurous', weasel your way into his life, 'fall in love' despite him telling you not to, find out he has 'issues'- get devastated then leave. With a secret in your belly. *EYE ROLL*
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
✪✪✪1/5
If you are into hate-to-love, the wrong side of the tracks, damaged hero tropes this is an enjoyable quick read I recommend.
"You can make a prison beautiful but at the end of the day, that doesn’t make it any less of a prison."

💭Pre-reading thoughts:
This was such a random pick, I swear. I was actually planning on reading Vicious by L.J. Shen but my fucking kindle wouldn't open it. And then I met with my friends and we talked about tattoos for like an hour so I saw this and was like: WHY NOT? 🤷🏻♀
chan ☆
dnf @ 30%

nothing particularly wrong with this book i'm just not in the mood for a spoiled sweet princess meets wrong side of the tracks stud sort of story. the writing was a little lackluster and i didn't feel any attachment to either of the characters. and when they kissed i felt zero so i knew it probably wouldn't improve.

like i said, really not awful or anything just don't want to waste my time.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: ratula
Omg!!! You guys!!! Pricked was absolutely amazing!!! I devoured it in one sitting and could not get enough of Madden Ransom, the cocky, surly tattoo artist and Brighton Taylor Karrington, the pampered Park Terrace princess who brought him down to his knees. I truly loved this story and all the banter and sexual tension. It was such an outstanding opposites attract novel I could not get enough of!!

When Brighton realizes she has lived a sheltered and shackled life with no real life exp
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
This was an engrossing read, in the fact that I couldn't put it down.

HOWEVER, it kind of trailed off somewhere around 60-70%, did not live up to the climax I was expecting. Suddenly, everything happened so easily. This is supposed to be an "angsty" book and I got that (in a good way, bc honestly I can't stand too much angst) in the beginning, but then Madden seemed to totally not live up to his bad-boy, hard-case image. And the tension that was the best thing about his book just went away. It a
Myla
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing

“You’re something, Madden. You know that? You’re really something. "
Madden is the kind of guy with an attitude of "what you see is what you get." He doesn't do things to please anyone.
“You’re the beautiful butterfly. I caught you in my net. I’ve taken you home. And I can’t promise you’re going to be the same if you spend the night with me.”
Brighton is a rich, privileged pre-med graduate who has been sheltered all her life. She wants to experience life and an act of "rebellion" leads her to meet the man that will turn her life aanyone.“You’re
Jessica
May 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars. The most predictable book I’ve read in a long while.
Everything you’re expecting to happen, will happen. There will be absolutely NO surprises.
Dilek VT
Feb 01, 2019 marked it as not-appealing
This review is enough for me to stay away:

Alaina
Meh.

Pricked was meh. I picked 3 stars.. but I'm feeling a huge 2.5 right now. In it, you will meet characters that are beyond frustrating to read about. I didn't care at all about anyone of anything that was happening. I felt nothing when reading this book. Well, other than the wine that I was constantly drinking to make it better.

Brighton was meh. More than meh because she was annoying and frustrating. Then there's Madden, and I lost interest so freaking quickly. These two were not for me./>
HeatherP
Shelves: arc
"Rock, Paper, Scissors. I was always the rock. She was always the paper. It took me years to realize it was never about winning, that all she was doing was covering my dark with her light. My hard with her soft."

I had just discovered Winter Renshaw a couple years ago when I signed up for the "Country Nights" blog tour. I was hooked on her writing after that book, and I planned to go back and read every one of her backlist books. Things got away from me, so when I did the "P.S. I Miss You" tour I dro
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
At first it started kind of slow.. In the beginning I thought it would go fast then I realised it didn't.
But along the way I did enjoy it! Madden is kind of an A-hole, but I love me some from time to time! Brighton isn't the girl to judge from appereance, she is so much more. I loved her bond with Deveani, but felt like that was overlooked toward the ending.
I hated how controlling her parents were it was just to much! I understood it to some extend, but it went too far!

I'
❤Sana❤
5 🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Brighton

“I'd love a good break. Something to snap me in two. Something that floods my veins with so much emotion, I become physically ill. I'd love to step out of this protective bubble where I never have to worry about a thing, never have to want. Never have to need or worry or fear or miss out on any of life's grand opportunities. That's not real life. I want heartbreak.

Madden

“Someone told me once that the way a heart breaks depends on how hard it was dropped. Some breaks are clean—and some s/>“Someone/>
“I'd/>
Ellie
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Lorie
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jan-2019
4.25 - 4.5 STARS

Loved it! I read this in one sitting - for some reason that happens A LOT when I read a Winter Renshaw book. I was hooked from the beginning. It sort of had a Mad Tatter vibe going on, and I looooooved The Mad Tatter. Madden and Brighton were fabulous characters, but Brighton really stood out in this one. She's nothing like I expected and surprised me at every turn. A great heroine!
Clemlucian (🏳️‍🌈the villain's quest)
1 horrified star

Fuck no. Never again. Get this thing away from me.
Amanda Steward
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 🌟’s

This is I do believe my first book I’ve read by this author I do owe other books of hers. I loved this book. Might be my favorite read so far this year. Loved the characters and the story. It had twists and turns I never saw coming (which I love) most I know what’s coming. This one blew me away because it was so unexpected. Can’t wait to read more books by Winter!!
Lisa Mcintire
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BookAddict
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Madden is a tough, stoic tattoo artist with no ink of his own. Brighton lives in her parents' mansion on the country club side of town and every step of her life has been planned out. As an act of rebellion, Brighton gets a tattoo for her twenty-second birthday, entrusting Madden with choosing the tattoo design. No matter how much she tries, she can’t seem to engage him in conversation, and it’s obvious to both of them that their backgrounds are polar opposites and they have nothing in common. W ...more
Coco.V
Jan 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-but-not-read
💞Pricked by Winter Renshaw is on sale for $0.99 instead of $3.99 on Amazon today!💞

Blurb:
All I wanted was a tattoo.

It didn't matter that he was emotionally unavailable or that he was exactly the kind of man who would give my father a c
Deborah G.
Irma
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Every single time Winter has me eating out of the palm of her hand. I've read quite a few stories by her and every single one was a 5 * read for me. What a skillful writer.
Pricked is a brilliant story with plenty of interesting twists and turns. I was greatly impressed by this fantastic riveting
Jenn Keller
5 "Going to catch myself a butterfly" Stars

This was yet another new to me author so going in I had no expectations. I simply picked this book for a challenge read involving an artist; in this case a tattoo artist. I just finished this book and I am in awe at this authors story telling. This was amazing and I will say I had the wind knocked out of me a few times with twists that I NEVER saw coming. They were definitely OMG moments! The start of my reading year for 2019 has been awesome and it maybe too
nikki
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I stumbled across this one on Amazon, and loved the blurb so decided to give it a try! I am so glad I did because I really enjoyed it. Winter Renshaws writing flows beautifully and I loved Brighton and Madden. There was the perfect amount of heat and drama, and it all came together brilliantly.
Tricia
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t sure at first whether I was going to fully connect with this story, it started out fairly slow, a first meet between our couple, then it drifted into describing the characters’ daily routines, scene setting really. But as I read on, I found that I was becoming increasingly invested in the lives of these characters and liking them very much. Soon, I couldn’t put it down.

I absolutely loved Brighton. She’s multi layered and a bit of a contradiction. A very strong willed, take n
TeriLyn
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it

3 "And just like that, the butterfly stayed." Stars

After seeing so much buzz on this book I decided to try it from Kindle Unlimited. And Pricked was charming for what it was: your typical unhappy, wealthy, young adult with a kind heart who wants more out of life who meets the bristly, aloof boy with the equally big heart from the seemingly wrong side of the tracks. Subtle chemistry ensues under the guise of a fake relationship, feelings get tangled, surprises reveal themselves ... you know the rest. It's p
Linda Barrett
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Ding,ding,ding we have a best seller 😍"

Wow what an emotional journey of a book that was.
It will definitely stay with me for a long time and it gave me a plethora of emotions that had me hooked throughout.
I'm going to say Pricked is my new favourite book by Winter Renshaw.
This is raw,gritty and interwoven and kept me guessing right up to the last revelation.
I love this book so much and totally fell for Madden and Brighton's story.
These two came from totally d
Sara Oxton
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pricked by Winter Renshaw a five-star read you would want to adore. Madden Ransom just makes me so desperate to go run to my local tattoo shop and get some more ink, he is an enigma wrapped in a day dream. This was such a compelling read, you will be reading each page and going back and forth as you worry you will miss something. There is a compelling story and each time a new detail is revealed you will just get more drawn into the story. Brighton is a great character and she really has her own ...more
Annie Brewer
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!!
Catherine
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ugh. I wanted to like this because the characters were fun to read but that’s about all that’s good here.
It’s filled with a lot of melodrama, cliches, and characters made out of cardboard.

What irritates me most is Brighton’s lack of appreciation for her life. Okay yes I get it her parents are controlling helicopters but just once I’d like a spoiled rich girl to see how good she has it. As someone who grew up worrying about bills being paid and where my next meal was coming from I can’t relate
Kristen Granata
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this story. I loved watching Brighton detatch herself from her psychotic parents & I loved how she was with Madden. Madden was the perfect character — shut down & hurt but learned how to love & grow when he didn’t even know he was doing it. I could NOT put this book down. A definite must-read for anyone!

• Vicious King (Dark Dynasty #2)
  • I Like You, I Love Her: A Novel
  • Dirty Sexy Bastard (Dirty Games Duet, #0.5)
  • The Allure of Madness
  • Men of Mayhem
  • Beyond Broken
  • Mixtape: A Love Song Anthology
  • Waiting for the Sun (Waiting for the Sun, #1)
  • Obsessed
  • The Secret Beneath the Veil
  • Play Hard
  • Gravity
  • Fairy Tale Confessions
  • Loaded
  • Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)
  • My Soul Keeper
  • Talen
  • The Devil (Devil's Playground, #1)
“I want to know what it feels like to miss somebody so hard my chest tightens and I can’t breathe.

I want the head rush of falling deeply and irrevocably in love with someone and the titillating fear of knowing you could lose them if you’re not careful”
0 likes
“There truly is someone out there for everyone. I believe that with all of my heart.

I just can’t help but wonder who my someone is.”
0 likes