Start by marking “Ubiety” as Want to Read:
Ubiety

Ubiety

Librarian's Note: This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN B07MDLM5TS

TO WHOEVER IS READING THIS I HAVE A QUESTION. Why are you here, reading this, today? Have you no free will? Are you just simply not meant to be here? Perhaps it is all random or perhaps not, for maybe, just maybe you were meant to stumble upon this piece as just maybe I was meant to create it. If you
Published December 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Ubiety, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ubiety

Start your review of Ubiety
Joey
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
/1.5-2 stars/

Okay. I might rant a bit.

Why this book couldn’t gain at least a 2.5 or 3 star rating from me:

1) The writing was... confusing... to say the least. It felt like the author was trying to make the writing super high level and difficult, just to make it seem better? But it just ended up more confusing, at least for me. It was also suuuuuuper descriptive, to the point where I was just flat out annoyed.

2) it was kinda... boring? Like I was honestly super confused to what was happening and
Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)
Feb 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommended to Tonya by: Grzegorz Kunowski
Thank you to the author for reaching out to me and asking me to review.

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light"

Okay, I have to be honest, this book was a bit confusing. It took me longer to read this than it should have to be only 92 pages long. I got confused at the writing and stopped reading for a while and made myself go back and finish it.

'A while ago I starting to feel a certain cold, a cold that just grew a
Gurpreet
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is unbelievable by a 16 years old young lad who was just growing up like any of us but his beliefs and ideologies amazed me a lot. His quotes in the beginning of chapters by well established personalities left me with a sense of proactively judging the content in them. However, he has been so wise in telling different aspects of life with so much indepth thinking and positive approach. All in all, I got to learn, there is a universe out there waiting for you to be explored yet. Let's be on ...more
Hazel
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
How can you prove what is real? This is essentially what Grzegorz Kunowski is asking in his novella Ubiety. The title relates to the state of existing and being in a localised space, which is what the protagonist Adam Johnson is challenging throughout the story. Designed to help people face up to reality and question endless possibilities about what could or should be, Adam finds himself in many bizarre situations that blur the lines between reality and fantasy.

Quite frankly difficult to follow,
Desca Ang
description

DISCLAIMER: The book is given by the author in exchange of an honest review. All the review written is not related to any personal issues or connection.

let’s meet our hero Adam Johnson whom the author describes as

“Adam Johnson was a man who was led by logical thought but occasionally he gave up on this process, as you must sometimes do in life, he gave up on this process for a feeling, not any ordinary feeling that comes and goes but a spectacular feeling, one that is capable of satisfying the
Chelsea
Thank you to the author for providing me with an electronic copy of Ubiety in exchange for an honest review.

Iiiiiiii wish that I could give this more than 2 stars, but I am dangling on a precipice here as I have been vacillating between "it was okay" and "I don't like this book at all."

There were some solid elements to the novella. The concept was intriguing and the quotes that preceded each chapter were thought-provoking. The author himself wrote the book at 16, which is admirable but also
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Ubiety by Grzegorz Kunowski is a novella written by the author when he was only sixteen years old. It is an oddly written book.
Can anyone figure out reality?
We follow Adam on his journey that may seem like we are traveling with a mad man. It is hard to explain without reading the book yourself. Adam's journey is a confusing one at first. We go through three dif
Laney Estel
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
I received this book as a Mobi in exchange for an honest review.

Ubiety is a philosophical essay blended into the narrative of one Adam Johnson. Adam is not entirely right in the head. His dreams are vivid, which blur the lines of reality. He clearly has suicidal tendencies. This creates an existential bewilderment that bounces from one absurd scene to the next in Adam's psuedo-reality.

I enjoy philosophy. Existentialism? Yeah, that's the stuff. Pondering the truth under the strings of dimension a
The English-speaking Frenchie
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would like to start by saying a big thank you to the author for having reached out to me and asked me to read and review his book.

I usually do not dwell on the author himself, but to understand the book, I think that saying he is very young is meaningful. If I had been able to write about topics so deep when I was his age, I would have been really proud and I think he can be.

As the book is short (92 pages in PDF), I don’t want to give information about the plot as it could ruin the experien
Anu
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mysterious and Philosophical

The book “Ubiety” tells the tragic story of Adam Johnson, a seemingly ordinary man with a dark secret, as he lives and breathes in an astonishing world, yet the devil is in the details and nothing lasts forever. The book fits into multiple categories; magical realism, psychological thriller, as well as a hint of philosophy and the metaphysical genre.

Challenging journey and spine chilling experiences of the protagonist creates an illusionary world that's full of what a
Tony Parsons
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Everything & nothing
Adam Johnson for the most part was a very logical man.
1-day a man/rat was eyeballing him.
Suddenly Adam had thoughts he existed in a certain place.
It seemed like the radio was speaking to him.
Was Adam in the darkest of his times?

The dream
Do all Adam’s dreams make sense?

The room
Adam saw nothing but a white room.
There were sound coming from every everywhere.
Soon it was going to be dark.

The stranger
Adam looked at his reflection in a mirror. He had aged.
People around him seem
Kimberly Godwin
Mar 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Trigger warning: Self-harm.

In the wake of a personal tragedy, Adam Johnson has committed suicide. Alone with only a large albino rat, his thoughts drift into the abyss. The portrait of his life has been scattered into pieces and reshuffled as he steps from darkness into the light. What has happened to bring Adam to this point? Where will Adam go from here? Is Adam dead or doomed to relive an endless cycle of self-destruction? These are the true mysteries to unravel.

Ubiety is highly philosophic
Nikki
Mar 24, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, adult-fiction
I had to DNF this book about halfway through. Normally I would post a full review by starting with a brief synopsis of the book. Sadly, I am unable to do that for this book as I really had no idea what I was reading. One reason for this is due to the overuse of words and underuse of punctuation. Keeping in mind that I did read this book on my Kindle at a pretty average font size, but even so most of the sentences would run an entire page long or even longer. Many of these over-extended sentences ...more
Shannon Rochester
I was approached by the author to see if I would be interested in reading and reviewing this book. As long as I have the time and I am not right in the middle of too many books, I typically say yes. But, in most cases, they are either about a subject I am very interested in or they are in a genre I am very familiar with. With this book, it was neither and I feel that I might not do it justice.

This was a very dark book written by a 16 year old boy. Now, normally, I am not into dark as I like hap
Lillian Freire
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Thank you for the author for reaching out to me and asking for a review. He's a very young author and this is his first book!

English isn't my first language so my first thought was "what does ubiety mean?". Basically, it defines the quality or state of being in a place, according to Merriam-Webster. The way I see it, it's all this book is about: Adam's sense of belonging and exploration of where he is or where he's supposed to be.

I'm pretty impressed by the way the author writes. I can only ima
Simona
Feb 26, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, adult, read-2020
* The author kindly offered this book in exchange of an honest review*

And, honestly, I have no idea what I have read. It was like reading a book in a foreign language, that you don’t understand.
I really wanted to like it, so I just pushed myself to read in hopes, that next page will be better, that I will finally understand what I’m reading. However nothing changed.

I couldn’t tell what this book is about even if you offered me spa day. The only thing I know that this book is about some dude Ada
Tabatha Shipley

What I Did Like:
-The quotes. The quotes used to start many sections of this book are important and well-chosen. They help to identify what mindset we should be in and prep us for what is about to happen.
-Pretty sentences. If you like how beautiful description sentences sound, this book may be exactly what you want. The long sentences are descriptive and pretty.

Who Should Read This One:
-If you like beautiful language, long descriptive sentences, and philosophical questions about life you may li
Louise
May 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-books
Orginially published on my blog here!
Whilst this book is intended to be thought-provoking, I just felt like it just wasn't for me.

The ideas were rather interesting, however the execution could've been greatly improved. I found that the ideas were often slightly jumbled together, and the sentences were rather long. If the sentences weren't so long in points, the story might have made more sense to me.

Otherwise, this is a super impressive effort from such a young writer.

Rating: 2/5

I received a cop
Lea
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Ubiety is an okay read for me. But I couldn't give more than 2 stars because the pace got me confused from time to time. I got the meaning of this book's intention, it's about a life, but it's slightly messed up when I don't get the main idea.

I've spent a couple if weeks to finish reading this although you might able to finish it in one shot read.

However, I like it when the title is relevant to the story. I believe this can be improved and became an inspiring read.

Sara
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Overall, I can’t really say that I enjoyed Ubiety. It was a struggle to get through, and since its story is all over the place and has no real resolution, I was a bit annoyed when I reached the end. I will commend the author for writing this work at the age of 16 and I feel like, given some time and with some editorial feedback, he could have a very successful career as an author. Fans of dark and intense literature might enjoy this book, as well as anyone who wants to ponder over the meaning of ...more
Benoît Seron
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grzegorz Kunowski's book raises an interesting starting question, which everyone should at least give a thought about. I know I did, and it was not without its benefits. It's somewhat Russian too in its approach. Dark and mad, yet characters display strength but are also human and compassionate. That's something that's hard to put on paper. I wouldn't say that he did it like Shostakovich, but it's a worthy read for sure. The writing is also excellent in itself, I like its poesy. ...more
Cheryl
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
From page one this book will make you feel emotional for Adam. Throughout the book it takes you down many paths that is Adam's life. As you read you will have a lot of questions that only time and choice will answer, leading down dark roads that just may have a bright spot here or there. From sorrow... joy..back to sorrow. If you like a good book that makes you think this will grap you to take you down a whirlwind of past and present madness. ...more
Stephanie (the nerdy princess)
I was asked by the author to review this book and provided a copy for an honest review

I was honestly confused to what was happening and even to what the general plot was at times

Sorry but that's all I can give. I was confused and mildly bored.

Hats off to the author for writing a book at 16 years old.

Danielle
Unfortunately I can't give this book a rating. While reading, I had a really hard time focusing on what was happening and when I could finally focus on the story, I had no idea what was going on and what I was supposed to get from it.

I was provided with a free copy of this book in excahnge for an honest review.
Marta
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!!

Amazing book written by a 16 year old author.

Beautiful writing style that makes you question the world and our place in it. Wise beyond his years!
Tanja Glavnik
I was kindly given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a departure from my usual choices, which often feature happy endings, fictional worlds, and characters you love and love to hate. Instead, this one is more like an essay or dissertation on the topic of the world today and how we as individuals act within it.

The book itself is split into what happened in the life of the protagonist, Adam, and what he seems to be dreaming about. I say 'seems to', because a lot of the t
Yonasan  Aryeh
The book seems to be an abstract philosophical evaluation following a character named Adam that ends his life. It is difficult to grasp much more than this, however, as the author’s writing style bogs down the narrative with complicated phrases and an overuse of terminology. For example, we are told there is a noose and a note on a desk, but the sentence says “beside the noose on the heavy red oak desk lay a note,” and then the sentence continues for several lines to describe the quality of the ...more
KayBee's  Bookshelf
I'm not sure where to start with this one. There were so many things that worked to muffle the author's intention with this story.
I could not connect with the protagonist or his story who appeared to end his existence because the world he imagined would come was not one he wanted to be involved in. Although I'll be the first to admit, I 'm not certain about it. The story was bogged down with "fancy" colorful words that only added to the confusion and lost feeling I felt as I continued to read.
Becky Baldridge
May 03, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, that's clear as mud. I'll admit that metaphysical fiction is way outside my wheelhouse, so maybe it's just me, but I did not get this one at all. To me, it seems like a whole lot of flowery language strung together, and at times it even felt a little like stream of consciousness writing. Whatever the intent, this one could've done with a good bit of editing. The very long, run-on sentences and commas placed almost haphazardly throughout drove me a little crazy. I don't know if the grammati ...more
Making Connections: 5663. Ubiety by Grzegorz Kunowski 4 21 Jan 12, 2020 08:34AM

• Beautiful Disaster (Inspire.Motivate.Love Book 2)
  • Odriel's Heirs (Odriel's Heirs, #1)
  • The Great Jewel Robbery (A Front Page Mystery, #1)
  • We Go To Bo
  • A Shifting of Stars (Of Stars, #1)
  • The Trumpet Lesson
  • I Am Not Thirteen
  • Dakota and the American Dream
  • Undercurrent
  • Prodigal: A Marc Rinaldi Thriller
  • Repentance
  • Love Comes for the Scrooge (Love Stories from Magnolia Grove #5)
  • 'Til the Last Snowflake Falls (The Adventures of Fawn #1)
  • The Adventures of Fawn (The Adventures of Fawn #1 - #2)
  • Adventures in Amarant: Short Stories Collection Vol 1
  • The Last Real Girl (The Disappearance of Charlotte Walters, #1)
  • Jorrie and the Skyhorse