Start by marking “Ubiety” as Want to Read:
Ubiety

Ubiety

Librarian's Note: This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN B07MDLM5TS

TO WHOEVER IS READING THIS I HAVE A QUESTION. Why are you here, reading this, today? Have you no free will? Are you just simply not meant to be here? Perhaps it is all random or perhaps not, for maybe, just maybe you were meant to stumble upon this piece as just maybe I was meant to create it. If you
Published December 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Ubiety, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ubiety

Start your review of Ubiety
Joey T
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
/1.5-2 stars/

Okay. I might rant a bit.

Why this book couldn’t gain at least a 2.5 or 3 star rating from me:

1) The writing was... confusing... to say the least. It felt like the author was trying to make the writing super high level and difficult, just to make it seem better? But it just ended up more confusing, at least for me. It was also suuuuuuper descriptive, to the point where I was just flat out annoyed.

2) it was kinda... boring? Like I was honestly super confused to what was happening and
Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)
Feb 12, 2020 is currently reading it
Recommended to Tonya by: Grzegorz Kunowski
Thank you to the author for reaching out to me and asking me to review. I hope to finish this today. it is pretty short read. Only about 92 pages.

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light"

'A while ago I starting to feel a certain cold, a cold that just grew and fed upon my soul, a cold that not even the harshest of winters can bring. I fear that I will never recognise beauty again, for you are a rainbow but I am
Gurpreet
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is unbelievable by a 16 years old young lad who was just growing up like any of us but his beliefs and ideologies amazed me a lot. His quotes in the beginning of chapters by well established personalities left me with a sense of proactively judging the content in them. However, he has been so wise in telling different aspects of life with so much indepth thinking and positive approach. All in all, I got to learn, there is a universe out there waiting for you to be explored yet. Let's be on ...more
Hazel
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
How can you prove what is real? This is essentially what Grzegorz Kunowski is asking in his novella Ubiety. The title relates to the state of existing and being in a localised space, which is what the protagonist Adam Johnson is challenging throughout the story. Designed to help people face up to reality and question endless possibilities about what could or should be, Adam finds himself in many bizarre situations that blur the lines between reality and fantasy.

Quite frankly difficult to follow,
Shannie Sunshine
I was approached by the author to see if I would be interested in reading and reviewing this book. As long as I have the time and I am not right in the middle of too many books, I typically say yes. But, in most cases, they are either about a subject I am very interested in or they are in a genre I am very familiar with. With this book, it was neither and I feel that I might not do it justice.

This was a very dark book written by a 16 year old boy. Now, normally, I am not into dark as I like
Chelsea
Thank you to the author for providing me with an electronic copy of Ubiety in exchange for an honest review.

Iiiiiiii wish that I could give this more than 2 stars, but I am dangling on a precipice here as I have been vacillating between "it was okay" and "I don't like this book at all."

There were some solid elements to the novella. The concept was intriguing and the quotes that preceded each chapter were thought-provoking. The author himself wrote the book at 16, which is admirable but also
Tanja Glavnik
I was kindly given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a departure from my usual choices, which often feature happy endings, fictional worlds, and characters you love and love to hate. Instead, this one is more like an essay or dissertation on the topic of the world today and how we as individuals act within it.

The book itself is split into what happened in the life of the protagonist, Adam, and what he seems to be dreaming about. I say 'seems to', because a lot of the
Laney Estel
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
I received this book as a Mobi in exchange for an honest review.

Ubiety is a philosophical essay blended into the narrative of one Adam Johnson. Adam is not entirely right in the head. His dreams are vivid, which blur the lines of reality. He clearly has suicidal tendencies. This creates an existential bewilderment that bounces from one absurd scene to the next in Adam's psuedo-reality.

I enjoy philosophy. Existentialism? Yeah, that's the stuff. Pondering the truth under the strings of dimension
Tony Parsons
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Everything & nothing
Adam Johnson for the most part was a very logical man.
1-day a man/rat was eyeballing him.
Suddenly Adam had thoughts he existed in a certain place.
It seemed like the radio was speaking to him.
Was Adam in the darkest of his times?

The dream
Do all Adam’s dreams make sense?

The room
Adam saw nothing but a white room.
There were sound coming from every everywhere.
Soon it was going to be dark.

The stranger
Adam looked at his reflection in a mirror. He had aged.
People around him
Lillian Freire
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Thank you for the author for reaching out to me and asking for a review. He's a very young author and this is his first book!

English isn't my first language so my first thought was "what does ubiety mean?". Basically, it defines the quality or state of being in a place, according to Merriam-Webster. The way I see it, it's all this book is about: Adam's sense of belonging and exploration of where he is or where he's supposed to be.

I'm pretty impressed by the way the author writes. I can only
Benoît Seron
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grzegorz Kunowski's book raises an interesting starting question, which everyone should at least give a thought about. I know I did, and it was not without its benefits. It's somewhat Russian too in its approach. Dark and mad, yet characters display strength but are also human and compassionate. That's something that's hard to put on paper. I wouldn't say that he did it like Shostakovich, but it's a worthy read for sure. The writing is also excellent in itself, I like its poesy.
Gina R Mitchell
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Short but thought-provoking.

This is an unbelievably deep book written by a sixteen year old. Metaphysical fiction is not exactly my forte, but it kept me turning the pages.

Although this is a novella, it has enough material in it to keep you thinking for days.

I would consider this a niche book. It will definitely appeal to lovers of Nietzsche‘s philosophies.
Cheryl
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
From page one this book will make you feel emotional for Adam. Throughout the book it takes you down many paths that is Adam's life. As you read you will have a lot of questions that only time and choice will answer, leading down dark roads that just may have a bright spot here or there. From sorrow... joy..back to sorrow. If you like a good book that makes you think this will grap you to take you down a whirlwind of past and present madness.
StarredPages
Unfortunately I can't give this book a rating. While reading, I had a really hard time focusing on what was happening and when I could finally focus on the story, I had no idea what was going on and what I was supposed to get from it.

I was provided with a free copy of this book in excahnge for an honest review.
Marta
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!!

Amazing book written by a 16 year old author.

Beautiful writing style that makes you question the world and our place in it. Wise beyond his years!
Rebecca Smith
Dec 27, 2019
Rebecca Schueneman
Dec 28, 2019
Making Connections: 5663. Ubiety by Grzegorz Kunowski 4 19 Jan 12, 2020 08:34AM

• Beautiful Disaster (Inspire.Motivate.Love) (Volume 2)
  • Lost Companions: Reflections on the Death of Pets
  • The Great Jewel Robbery (A Front Page Mystery, #1)
  • We Go To Bo
  • A Shifting of Stars (Of Stars, #1)
  • The Trumpet Lesson: A Novel
  • Unnatural Seduction: MMF Bisexual Romance (Unnatural Seduction Book 1)
  • Dominus (Dominus, #1)
  • I Am Not Thirteen
  • Chosen Bundle: Books 7-9
  • Rogue in the Making (Studies in Demonology, #2)
  • Blood for the Spilling (Studies in Demonology, #3)
  • Howling on Hold
  • Gin Me Over
  • Counting Curves (Weightless, #2)
  • Campy (Ballsy Boys #4)
  • Omega Returned
  • Slimming Down (Weightless, #3)