Start by marking “The Stand-in (Extended Intro Teaser with Placeholder Cover)” as Want to Read:
The Stand-in (Extended Intro Teaser with Placeholder Cover)

The Stand-in (Extended Intro Teaser with Placeholder Cover)

**NOTE this is an Extended Introductory Teaser to a full release coming this winter.**

What do you get when you help a drunk stranger stay out of jail? The opportunity to play his fake girlfriend for a few thousand bucks almost a year later.

Which would be great...

Only ... it seems I'll definitely be getting more than I bargained for.
Published December 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Stand-in, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stand-in

Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it

I normally avoid reading teasers, but was very curious to see what this author had written after loving her stalker romance duet.

The Stand-in seems like a romance with funny banter. I was hoping for something more similar to The Evolution of Ivy. But this was charming and funny. And the seven chapter teaser leaves off with an amazing cliffhanger that I absolutely loved. I definitely want to know what happens next.
Amanda Anderson
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Since this is a teaser and not meant for spoilers I will write the most vaguest review everrrrr :)
DUDEEEE!!!! Normally I am not super into teasers or intros but this one, oh man this one was AMAZING! I was so bummed when it was over. I almost want to read it again just because. The 2 books of Lauren's that I have already read (Evolution of Ivy 1&2) were both way above average and I would easily give them 10 stars if possible, not to mention every single person I have told about those two boo
Rachael
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Campbell writes amazing, funny banter, and you never know what's going to happen next, or what her characters are going to say. I enjoyed this book and this genre from her.
Flo Grugel
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Good Start, this book is currently a teaser for the story to come.
Erica Bumgardner
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! So good! I cannot wait until the full release is out!
Sandra (Crandomblog)
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for Lauren Campbell’s new release for what feels like forever! Real life takes over from time to time though. You can never get mad at anyone for putting themselves and their families first. In fact, I rather admire that about anyone.

A few weeks ago, this was released and I was wanting to dive head first into it. I wanted to finish Dark Matter first. I finally finished Dark Matter yesterday and then I devoured this in one sitting. At first I was shocked that it seemed to be n
Holly M
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This short story was a refreshing change of pace from Lauren Campbell’s usual, and I found myself loving every moment! Just when you think you know her characters, BOOM, think again. Campbell keeps me on my toes with her sharp, snappy writing. With laugh-out-loud wit and characters I want to see a lot more of, she has me clamoring for the full-length edition of this story.
Ms. Wanderlust
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, I knew going in that this was just a teaser to a book that would be released in winter. I figured I’d read it and be on my merry little way with my life, but boy was I wrong! Lauren left me hanging with one of the best twists and now I can’t stop thinking about what could possibly happen next. Winter is too far away!
Audrey
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg what can I say appart from: I freaking loved it ! I can’t wait to read more? Loved the characters and omg the end of that 7th chapter !!! Probably going to read Lauren Campbell’s other books in the meantime.
Taylor Freeman
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This bitch! I was given this and was loving it, laughing, thinking it was awesome, and then I realize it’s not a Novella.... it’s a teaser to a new book!!!!
It’s SOOOOOO GOOD! I NEED THE REST LIKE NOW!!!!!!!!! Gimme gimme gimme
ROBIN RUIZ
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I normally avoid teasers, as I like to wait for the full product. However , if it’s from Lauren Campbell then I am reading it !!
Aubrey B3 Book Blog
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think Lauren better hurry up and write the rest.
Mhy Gerona Guray
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GODDAMNIT LAUREN HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? I WANT MORE. LIKE. RIGHT. NOW!
Dina Maio
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg! Can. Not. Wait. For the entire book. I read this 3 times because I couldn’t believe it.
Samantha Miller
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not sure what to think yet. The banter and story have my hooked and I hate the author for it already. I can’t wait for the full book to come out.
Kathi
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving it so far, my mind is all over the place trying to figure out where this tale is going. And by “this winter” I hope you mean the one we are currently in. Not sure I can wait for the rest!
Andrea