Start by marking “We Lie With Death (The Reborn Empire #2)” as Want to Read:
We Lie With Death (The Reborn Empire #2)

We Lie With Death

(The Reborn Empire #2)

Into Kisia’s conquered north, a Levanti empire is born.

Loyal to the new emperor, Dishiva e’Jaroven must tread the line between building a new life and clinging to the old. Only Gideon can lead them, but when he allies himself with a man returned from the dead it will challenge all she thinks she knows and everything she wants to believe.

Now empress of nothing, Miko is more
Published by Cloudburst Books

To ask other readers questions about We Lie With Death, please sign up.
Lindsay Devin Madson
@DevinMadson

Devin Madson
‏ @DevinMadson

UPDATE! A month ago I announced a publication delay for WE LIE WITH DEATH, Bk 2 of The Reborn Empire. I can now inform all my lovely, patient readers that the series has been traditionally acquired! Squeee! I can’t give more details rn but I promise the wait will be worth it!❤️
4:37 PM - 23 Apr 2019 (less)

Start your review of We Lie With Death (The Reborn Empire #2)
Petrik
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

There is no calm after the storm, Devin Madson has crafted a sequel rich with wonderful character developments and illuminating revelations.

It’s been roughly seven months since I finished reading We Ride the Storm. Ever since I finished it, We Lie With Death instantly became one of my most anticipated books of 2019. Considering the unreasonably high expectations I had for this book, I honestly think that it’s truly praise-worthy that
Adam
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devin Madson’s We Ride the Storm was one of the most welcome surprises of 2018. By now, Madson has firmly established herself as an Aurealis Award-winning epic fantasy mogul, but it wasn’t until WRtS started catching fire among a few fellow bloggers that I decided to give this series a shot. This turned out to be a great decision, as I quickly became lost in a richly detailed world with generations of lore spanning multiple empires. I have been eagerly awaiting the next book in the series and ...more
Lukasz
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 4.5/5

With a richly immersive setting and complex characters, second book in The Reborn Empire series wraps readers in a dark and gritty tale. As far as dark epic fantasy goes, We Lie with Death checks all the boxes. It presents readers with a world so vivid and featuring complex religious and racial divides, it will satisfy genre’s most discriminate enthusiasts. I don’t count myself as one and yet I felt utterly engrossed in the events.

We Lie with Death expands and deepens the
Jon Adams
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Release day!

Reviews for sequels don't need to be long and drawn out. If you liked the first book, you'll love this one. If you loved the first book chances are you're already planning on reading this one. Do it, as soon as you get the opportunity. Madson knocks it out of the park..again. Well done.

I am very thankful to the author for providing me with an ARC and I can't wait to buy the physical copy to add to my collection.
Jordan
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Another fantastic installment!

Find this review at Forever Lost in Literature!

When I read We Ride the Storm last year, I had no idea how much I would end up loving it or that it would become the start of a new trilogy that I would be endlessly anticipating as it continues to be released. We Lie With Death is an intricate, gritty, richly developed, and highly satisfying follow-up that I sincerely enjoyed and cannot recommend enough to others to pick up. The mixture of racial tension, political
Timy
The review was originally posted on RockStarlit BookAsylum!

I've got an ARC from Devin Madson in exchange of an honest review.

“Alive one moment, dead the next, the weight of each individual soul upon the world as fleeting as a daylight sparrow.”

Events pick up right after they were left off at the end of We Ride the Storm. Miko is forced to fled and find allies to get back Kisia's throne with her faithful General on her side. Rah leaves the forming Levanti Empire behind after refusing to bow
Rosalyn Kelly
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Back in December 2018 I read We Ride The Storm, the first book in The Reborn Empire series by Devin Madson and I LOVED it. It was my book of 2018. Fast-forward to December 2019 and I finished the second book, We Lie With Death, and also massively enjoyed it!

This second novel picks up soon after the first one ends. The empire of Kisia has been conquered by the Levanti, and they’re settling in. The new emperor, Gideon, is doing his best to keep his Levanti people together while also attempting to
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Feb 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: adult-fantasy
The cover is amazing!

I don't know how I fell out of the loop and missed this book being a thing so soon, but I'm here for it. Well, I'm here for Cassandra, so she better not disappoint! Just a month to wait, I can manage.
Right?

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG

Kristen
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full review is here, on my blog!~

Well, this one picks up pretty much where We Ride the Storm left off. The Kisian Empire is fractured, with the Levanti claiming a good chunk of it, and Miko Ts’ai attempting to claim the other, with pushback.

Rah e’Torin has been exiled from the rest of the Levanti and left pretty much to die, but runs into some trouble which ends up leaving him with an unexpected companion.

Cassandra is stuck with Empress Hana, who has been sold along with her to the Witchdoctor
Amanda J Spedding
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant next instalment of the Reborn Empire. Stakes are raised, battles rage on personal and empiric fronts, and a new voice has been added to the storytelling who may just turn out to be my favourite.

Madson's prose is beautiful and brutal, the political machinations pulling no punches, but always there are the characters whose tales you can't help but invest in... and that's the true art of storytelling.

The sigils for each of the narrators are incredible pieces of art, and such a unique
Tom Smith
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Copied from my Facebook page "Writers, Whiskey and Wagging chins.

I just finished We Lie with Death (sequel to We Ride the Storm)by my friend Devin Madson.
What a fantastic book! It's already in my early favorites for book of the year along with Rob Hayes' Never Die and Richard Nell's Kings of Ash.
All 3 have distinctly asian feels and for a lifelong martial artist like me that grew up watching kung fu theatre on Saturday mornings, I have to say I'm digging it.
I find Devin's book reminiscent of
Alan Baxter
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic sequel to We Ride The Storm. Intrigue and backstabbing, action and mayhem, all set in a wonderfully realised world with complex, compelling characters. Get on this series, folks, it’s great.
Matt McAbee
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

I loved this book from beginning to end! I am already picking this as one of the best books of the year.

Picking up where We Ride the Storm left off, We Lie With Death continues to follow Rah, Cassandra, and, Miko through the bitter times that have come to Kisia. Devin Madson's storytelling is on point throughout the book as she delicately weaves a twisting turning story.

The second book becomes more character driven than the
Lynn K : Grimmedian
Angie
Feb 02, 2019
Ryan Frost
Feb 06, 2019

• The Sword of Kaigen (A Theonite War Story)
  • Breaking Chaos (The Chasing Graves Trilogy, #3)
  • The Gutter Prayer (The Black Iron Legacy, #1)
  • Limited Wish (Impossible Times, #2)
  • Priest of Lies (War for the Rose Throne, #2)
  • Fate Lashed (Ethereal Earth #2)
  • Grim Solace (The Chasing Graves Trilogy, #2)
  • Hero Forged (Ethereal Earth, #1)
  • The Hod King (The Books of Babel, #3)
  • Never Die
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • Uncanny Collateral (Valkyrie Collections, #1)
  • The Flight of the Darkstar Dragon
  • Smoke and Stone (City of Sacrifice, #1)
  • Crowfall (Raven's Mark, #3)
  • Kings of Ash (Ash and Sand, #2)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Blood of Heirs (The Coraidic Sagas #1)
Devin Madson is the Aurealis Award-winning author of In Shadows We Fall. Having given up on reality she is now a dual-wielding rogue with a lot of points sunk into stealth and lock picking skills.

Anything but zen, Devin subsists on tea and chocolate and so much fried zucchini she ought to have turned into one by now.

If you’re after happy, fuzzy tales then you’ve come to the wrong place. Her

The Reborn Empire (2 books)
  • We Ride the Storm (The Reborn Empire, #1)