Start by marking “Under The Stars (Iron Orchids, #6)” as Want to Read:
Under The Stars (Iron Orchids, #6)

Under The Stars

(Iron Orchids #6)

Before they were Pops and Mana…
They were George and Christine.

This is how the Christakos family began.
This is their love story.

It’s the summer of 1976,
He’s a rebel with an attitude.
She’s an innocent with a heart of gold.

Together, they find a way to make a first love last a lifetime
Published February 26th 2019 by F Squared LLP

To ask other readers questions about Under The Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under The Stars

Start your review of Under The Stars (Iron Orchids, #6)
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

I normally say that this is part of a series and all that... but you could actually read this first before the previous books. This is how the Christakos family began, the story of George and Christine. Being sent to Greece for the summer is right up there with things George doesn't want to do, but his parents are sending him anyways. The one thing that he wasn't expecting, Christine. Maybe this summer isn't going to be as bad as he first thought. The two hit it off q
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
Under The Stars (Iron Orchids Book 6) by Danielle Norman

The Christakos family hold a special place in my heart. So when I found out George and Christine were getting their own story I couldn't wait. Under the Stars is the beginning of what love is. George is as rambunctious as his offspring. He acts first and is forced to think it through later. Must be a family thing, but even at his most rebellious, he shows glimpses of the patriach we all know and love. Christine is not without a hint of t
Darcy
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
George is almost 18 and has a giant chip on his shoulders. Missing the boy he was and the man he needs to become, his parents send him to Greece for the summer to work in the family sponge diving business.

Christine is beautiful, polite and everything her parents could ask for. But, she’s looking for a bit of adventure. When the handsome American shows up in town, she knows from just one look that the adventure of a lifetime just arrived.

Quickly George realizes how different things are in America
Sharon
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author really saved the best for last with this book of the Iron Orchids series which delves into the beginning of Christine and George. It is so heartfelt and a throwback to an age gone by where loyalty and family were everything. Wild child George was sent to the birthplace of his family, Greece, in order to help him become a man. Little did he know what was in store for him that would shake his foundation to the core. Christine is a beautiful, young woman growing up amid her parents and b ...more
Bette Stanek
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the sixth book in the Iron Orchids series by Danielle Norman, but it is really the start of it all. This is the one book in this series that you could read first instead of last. Actually, you can read the whole thing out of order, but I truly think reading it in order is best. Under the Stars was just as fun, sweet, and entertaining as previous books in the series.

This is where it all began. As stated above, you could read it first, but I actually think reading it last is better. You a
Kris
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Before there were Iron Orchids there was George and Christine; having fallen in love with the Christakos family it’s only appropriate to learn how it all began..

George is young man whose ready to conquer the world on his own terms, that is until his wild ways land him flat on his backside in the yard and a one way ticket to spend the summer with his family in Greece.

Christine is a dependable good girl whose lived on an island her entire life and while she dreams of going to America one day she
Stephanie
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
CC + GC

Prequel to the Iron Orchids Series

George (17 going on 18) is sent to Greece in order to grow up... He has always had things handed to him and now that he is older he needs to take responsibility for his actions.
Christine living in Greece is always the good girl (safe) and is looking for an adventure, which she finds in George.
Christine and George meet when he is getting off the boat in Greece and it is an instant spark. They quickly learn that the other is important to them.
Christine dr
Becky Wise
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you fell in love with the Iron Orchids series in the past books then you haven't read anything yet. You watched the Christakos men fall in love now you learn where it all started. Under The Stars is how it all started with George and Christine. You will love this instant love between them. There is such a connection that you can't help but go awe over. George may have been sent to Greece to become a man but you can't help but to love how sweetly he grows and gains respect from his Greek famil ...more
L
Heartwarming & Romantic

This is my very first Danielle Norman read. To be honest I didn't really know what to expect but was curious after reading the book teaser and interacting with Danielle on Facebook so I thought why not? I am so grateful I took the plunge! I fell in love with Christine and George from the start. The book flowed seamlessly and was so well written that I felt as though I was actually immersed in the character's world - that I was on the journey with them. This book made me fe
Britt The Red Hatter Book Blog
Danielle Norman takes us back all the way to the start of the Christakos clan in Under The Stars with George and Christine’s story and it is everything I ever dreamed it would be and more! A beautiful sweetness and a magical start to the family we all know and love. I was just as addicted to George and Christine’s book as I was to all of their children’s in the Iron Orchids series.
Be prepared to lose your heart in the past with how unbelievably romantic these two are. I can honestly say there w
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I hate to see this series come to an end but I absolutely love this book in the series!! Even though it is number six in the series it’s really a prequel to the whole series. It takes a look at Christine and George before they were married and had kids. Their love story began with George being sent to Greece because he was always getting into trouble and didn’t value the chances he had here in America. After his first encounter with the shy Christine it was all over for him. But they knew their ...more
Sarah Dale
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is part of the Iron Orchids series but its Pops and Mana's story so set way before the Christakos boys were even thought of. I will be honest I normally avoid these books as I'm not generally a fan of the parents stories but this one was a sweet, entertaining novella.

George is just like his boys when he is younger, you can certainly see where their charm and charisma comes from. George has a chip on his shoulder at 18 and he wasn't too happy when his parents send him to Greece to learn the
April Symes
Under The Stars (Iron Orchids Book 6) by Danielle Norman  is the story the story on how the Christakos men / Iron Orchids came to be- this is George and Christine' story.
Author Danielle Norman takes us back to the summer of 1976 and Greek summer life when Pops met his love ,Mana. This is how George and Christine met and fell in love. The story was amazing and told only the way Danielle Norman can. I loved getting a look into how they fell in love which sparked their beautiful love and their chi
Pixie
Review:
This is the prequel to the Iron Orchids Series. The story of Mana and Pops.

Another great book by the always amazing Danielle Norman. I loved this book from the beginning to the end dedication. Mana and Pops story from Iron Orchids series turned out to be everything that I needed.

There story was beautiful, sweet, and like always well written. The devotion between these two was always apparent in all the other books. Now we get to know how did George and Christine became so in love!

#kin
EducatedBookFreak
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing way to end this series (so sad!). George and Christina have been a rock throughout this whole entire series to all the family members. They have brought love, laughter, and a dose of reality when it has been needed. This story is how they got started. It explains how George and Christina met and fell in love. George has a lot of growing up to do. Mana helps him see how to act and how to have a Greek home.

It is a heartwarming story of young love and how it can overcome a
Within The Pages Book Blog
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can the Love Survive from America to Greece

This is my first book from Danielle Norman, but it won’t be the last.

George is a bad boy who thinks he knows everything, until that one girl comes into his life. Christine is beautiful, intelligent and knows what she wants in life, and if you want to be a part of her world you need to have your life in order.

Can Christine’s family see the truth before it is too late? Will they ever be able to be together again or will George go back to America and ne
A.
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC and OMG if you didn't love Mana and Pops from the previous books in the series (which I don't see how you can't love them) this book will definitely cement them in your hearts.

I loved getting a look at their love story and how they fell in love. It's sweet and well thought out and basically the perfect story for the couple that gave us four of the best book boyfriends out there! Honestly fans of the Iron Orchids series will not be disappointed and those that
Jakki Frances
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's the prequel that starts the entire Iron Orchids series. Walk through Greek island life in the summer of 1976 and be there when Mana meets Pops.

A simple summer love story set against the Aegean Sea, with interfering family and friends and vastly different cultures. Mana & pops weave a simple and wonderful love. Watch as they both become the people they are meant to be, the people who are the backbone of the Iron Orchids family.

I dare you to read it without ABBA running through your head and
I Dont Get Sundays
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
George and Christine were cute together. When a boy is trying to become a man and fumbling through it sometimes all you need is a good woman at your side. George finds this very thing out when he is forced to spend the summer with his grandparents after some awful behavior at home. I loved this story and how both grew through out this summer. How both figured out what love is. How both realized that love at first sight does in fact sometimes happen. It was a great story and loved that I didn't n ...more
Shaly
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: danielle-norman
I can't believe George used to be such an entitled cocky little shit! It's so funny because he grew up to be such an upstanding husband and father, so reading about his teenage exploits was an eye opener!

I truly enjoyed reading about Christine and George, they really were meant to be. I think it was Christine that made George a better person. They went through a little drama, what couple doesn't, but they found their way back to each other...very sweet story of where the Christakos legacy began
Cindy Fong
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Totally swoonworthy.

Sharon
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an ARC. I am so happy that I did. I love this book. The characters are smart, charming, loving and so much more. It is a MUST read. It is a love story between George and Christine. In other words Mana and Pop Christakos. If you have read any of the stories in the Iron Orchids series you know who they are. My only complaint is that it ended way too soon. I want to read more about this fantastic couple.
Rachel Granger
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The last in the series to be published, Under the Stars is a prequel to Enough, the 1st book in Danielle Norman's Iron Orchids series. Under the Stars is a sweet tale of falling in love in 1976- no sex, no kink, just a simple little love story- that will make you swoon. This "backstory" is the perfect ending to the series and I feel like it explains so much about the Christakos family and the way they love.
Konny
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Under the Stars by Danielle Norman is book 6 in her Iron Orchids series and tells George and Christsine's story.
Their story begins before they became Pops and Mana. As barely legals they were just George and Christsine. The american with greek heritage in Greece for the summer and the native greek beauty who grew up in a small village. A summer spent in a foreign country, what's ot to love about it.
Great story , witty and fun. 4,5 stars.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
"Totally swoonworthy.

I have come to love and admire George and Christine Christakos from the previous Iron Orchids books. Now Danielle Norman has deemed to enlighten us with how George and Christine met and why there are such a united force.. This story had me reading with a smile on my face and an aww on the tip of my tongue. It is amazing the person you want to be when you find the other person that completes you. "
Shaley- Pretty Little Book Blog
I absolutely LOVED this book. A true love story. I loved being able to hear about their lives and their story before all of the boys came to be. Being able to piece together their lives from little snippets from the other books. Likes their kids names, the house, little sayings between each other. I loved it all.
Abbie Stewart
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is where it all began, in Greece with Christine and George, who we know and love as Mana and Pops. A nice short story about how the Christakos family began. It was very cute and well written. This can be read as a standalone novella or before or after Iron Orchids as it ties in with that series.
Tammy Hudson
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read a prequel of the Iron Orchids series. This is where it all began on Greece with George and Christina this is their story how they met and fell in love the head of the Christakos family. I loved this story I am coming late to this story and I guess it is good I can start where it began. Danielle is fast becoming my favorite author. I would highly recommend.
Tami Thomason
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Before they were Mana and Pops, they were just two young lovers finding their way to each other.
This was the perfect ending or even beginning to an amazing series. I say beginning because this book tells the story of how the Cristakos family began. I loved every page of this book. And I'm pretty sure you will too!

• Hard Blow (Orlando Suns #1)
  • Covert Vengeance (Vengeance, #2)
  • Noah (Anderson Billionaires, #2)
  • Work in Progress (Cook Brothers, #1)
  • Justice for Mickie (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes, #2)
  • Justice for Laine (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes, #4)
  • Master of Sin (Gods of Vegas, #1)
  • Securing Avery (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #5)
  • On Comet
  • It's Complicated (The Relationship Series)
  • Phoenix (Linear Tactical #8)
  • Finding Cupid (Almost a Billionaire, #2)
  • Finding Spring (Almost a Billionaire, #3)
  • Finding Liberty (Almost a Billionaire Book 4)
  • Tap'd Out (Dead Presidents MC, #5)
  • Finding Holly (Almost a Billionaire Series Book 5)
  • Finding Home (Almost a Billionaire Book 6)
  • Love Under Construction (Love By Design, #1)
Before becoming a romance writer, Danielle was a body double for Heidi Klum and a backup singer for Adele. Now, she spends her days trying to play keep away from Theo James who won’t stop calling her or asking her out.
And all of this happens before she wakes up and faces reality where in fact she is a 50 something mom with grown kids, she's been married longer than Theo’s been alive, and now get

Iron Orchids (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Ariel, Always Enough (Iron Orchids #1)
  • Sophie, Almost Mine  (Iron Orchids, #2)
  • Katy, My Impact (Iron Orchids, #3)
  • Leo, Kiss Often (Iron Orchids, #4)
  • Stella, Until You (Iron Orchids, #5)
  • Vivian, Midnight Call Girl (Iron Orchids Book 6)
  • Ringo, Slippery Banana (Iron Orchids Book 7)
  • Badges Prequel (Iron Badges, #0.5; Iron Orchids, #7)
  • Sadie, Doctor Accident (Iron Orchids, #8)
  • Bridget, Federal Protection (Iron Orchids, #9)

News & Interviews