Start by marking “When August Ends” as Want to Read:
When August Ends

When August Ends

Listening length: 7 hours, 2 minutes

From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward, comes a new standalone novel.

Audiobook
Published February 25th 2019 by Penelope Ward Books, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about When August Ends, please sign up.
Penelope Ward It takes me about 4 months to write a book, then another month to review it after edits. It takes about 6 months overall from start to release :-)…moreIt takes me about 4 months to write a book, then another month to review it after edits. It takes about 6 months overall from start to release :-) (less)
Penelope Ward The heroine is 20. The hero is older and his age is kept a mystery for the first two chapters but revealed early on. He is not quite old enough to be…moreThe heroine is 20. The hero is older and his age is kept a mystery for the first two chapters but revealed early on. He is not quite old enough to be her father but older. :-)(less)

Start your review of When August Ends
Vi Keeland
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know those heroes that are full of self control and have that quiet confidence? The ones that watch the woman they want but can't have and somehow make brooding about it sexy? Yeah him--oh my. Noah Cavallari has oodles of that going on. This was one hell of a slow burn!
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic WHEN AUGUST ENDS: Is a full length romance novel by Penelope Ward.

Twenty year old Heather Chadwick has reached a stalemate with her life, the soul caregiver of a housebound mother has taken its toll on her life aspirations, she'd made a few big sacrifices for her mother, with not being able to go away to college a lot of responsibility rests on her head. For the past several years they have rented out a converted boathouse on their property at Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire to bring
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |

OH-LA-LA-LA-LA! CHECK THIS OUT!

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |
Blurb:
What do you do when a sexy, older man moves into your family’s summer rental?
Well, apparently, you make a fool of yourself—over and over. Things didn’t exactly get off on the right foot with Noah Cavallari. Our first encounter was embarrassing, to say the least.
But
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I fell head over heels in love with this story right from the start. There were moments I laughed so hard I nearly cried and then at other times I could feel my heart shatter for Noah and Heather. This was one hell of a perfect love story, and true to Penelope Ward’s style of writing, she throws in a twist that I
NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I was ALL about that cover model and blurb and one-clicked the F out of this book! I have to praise Ms. Ward for that awesomeness first. But sadly, I'm convinced I didn't read the same book as other readers. I'm also confused that this is a Penelope Ward book. It felt...off to me. I won't go as far to say it wasn't her writing or anything, but it didn't feel like the same flow as I've felt with her books in the past. To lay it all out in a few words -- I never connected
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

-“Life is made up of little moments that don’t seem that important at the time, but in retrospect they’re what get you to where you are.”

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Heather Chadwick is a beautiful 20 yr. old woman who lives on Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire on land that’s been in her family for years. It’s a popular destination for tourists looking to escape the city, and they have a boathouse on the property they use for a summer rental. For being so young, Heather had a lot of
Dilek VT
Jan 17, 2019 marked it as not-appealing
She is 20; he is much older...
Not my cuppa.

And one more thing... The blurb says she makes a fool of herself over and over again. So my question is:

Who finds it endearing when the heroine makes a fool of herself in front of the hero?

- What's female writers' obsession with making their heroines look stupid?

- And why don't more readers complain about such silly heroines? Who thinks that putting oneself in embarrassing situations all the time is an attractive quality?

- Would you fall in love
Penelope Ward
Feb 24, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
THE PRICE IS ABOUT TO CHANGE!
Who grabbed their copy?? Going, going, gone! I am changing the special release price of WHEN AUGUST ENDS shortly. Get this sexy, slow burn while it's still $3.99. (Moving to $4.99 permanently after release and will not be on sale ever again. It also will NOT be going into Kindle Unlimited.)
BUY HERE: https://amzn.to/2E5DcZM
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2NoW1eE
Apple Books: https://apple.co/2Tj776z
Nook: https://bit.ly/2IiEqX7
Kobo: https://bit.ly/2BAL4lC
Google Play:
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Neighbor Dearest" is still my favorite Penelope Ward book but I really enjoyed this story too. <3 And that epilogue was so sweet. It gave me the butterflies! :)

Synopsis:

What do you do when a sexy, older man moves into your family’s summer rental?
But despite that, I found myself waking up every day with a
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 5 STARS <3

This was absolutely fantastic, I could say it was epic with one word!I loved everything about it but mostly the characters.This was another refreshing,addictive and unique story!Penelope Ward delivers a heartwarming,sweet and slow burn romance!

description

Heather is something else, I loved her so much!I adored her and Noah was fantastic too.Mysterious,sexy and sweet.I liked how things went out for them.With slow burn and first with a friendship before something else.Both characters were
Gabby
This was okay, but it was pretty forgettable. I wanted to read this because I wanted to read a good forbidden romance (and it’s August so it seemed fitting) but this main character drove me nuts. She’s twenty years old and he’s thirty four, but she acts and behaves so much younger. I also hate the fact that she slut shames other girls for doing the same exact thing she is doing like it’s 2019 can we stop slut shaming girls in books now? thanks.

I just didn’t really feel the chemistry
Rejane
Jan 04, 2019 marked it as not-interested
I guess September begins...?!
I’ll never know... this author is not part of my reading list.
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Heather Chadwick still had a lot of life ahead of her. But due to unfortunate circumstances, she was stuck in her hometown taking care of the boathouse rental on her family property. When Noah Cavallari rented it for the whole summer, she was intrigued by his presence. Neither of them realized how much things would change before the summer ended.

I knew this book is going to be of older hero but Noah was not as old as I
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***FULL REVIEW***

When August Ends wasn’t what I was expecting. That isn’t good or bad. Just unexpected.

The relationship between Noah and Heather was not the norm or me in a Penelope Ward book. Normally, Penelope Ward’s characters have sizzling chemistry, and, for me, it was lacking in this couple. And yet, I still enjoyed them, because while the chemistry was lack luster for me, I love their friendship, I love the peace they brought each other. I enjoyed their moments together. There is enough
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
A summer holiday romance at a lakeside location is the first thing that drew me to this story. The hint of an age gap between the main characters and a fling with a time limit sealed the deal.

Heather may only be 20 years old but she carries the weight of responsibility of someone much older. After a family tragedy she put her college dreams aside to care for her mother. She not only looks after her but also their substantial home and holiday rental.

One day she hopes to convince her mum to sell
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 - 4 Stars
Ramona
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Penelope Ward tops my 3 favorite authors and I love her writing so much. I don’t think she wrote a book I haven’t read and the fact that her stories continue to surprise and entertain me is a sign of how good and talented she is. There isn’t a book that matches another, all being original and well drafted.

“When August ends” is by far the best read of 2019 in terms of Romance. How can I prove it? I read the book in 1 days, because from the first 2 chapters I was hooked. The story was so good,
ABookLover73
This book is so gooood

I love it so much !
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly, missy
Penelope Ward has this gift for taking her readers on some kind of wild emotional ride. Even as the burn was slow, and even as the banter was often more awkward than sparky, I knew there was going to be a moment (or, really, a few moments) where I felt the emotion like a punch to the gut - and that would be a huge game changer.

And boy howdy, was I ever right!

I mean, the book got off to a bit of a wobbly start for me. I was embarrassed for Heather, and didn't always connect with the choices she
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet May/December romance…

Penelope Ward is a favourite author plus I’m a sucker for May/December romance so Noah and Heather immediately caught my attention!

Heather was young but mature in so many ways. She was keeping their small family together and taking care of renters was part of her responsibilities. When Noah rented the boathouse she was intrigued and attracted to the tall, handsome older man. Noah wasn’t sure what to make of Heather as their initial meetings were anything but
Alla
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: standalone
I had high hopes for this one. I really wish I could say I loved it, but unfortunately it just didnt grab me as I had hoped it would. I liked it, but nothing more than that. There was just something missing for me. It fell a little flat.

photo 100_zpsno92sdvk.gif
TheEuphoricZat
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one you have to pick up.
Briefly it's about this girl who has put her life on hold to take care of her mother who has fallen depressed after her sister committed suicide 6 years before.
Things seem to turn around when she falls in love with a guy 14 years older than her but he also has a secret of his own.
You just have to pick this one up.
sofia ☾
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
maybe it's because i've been in the worst reading slump ever to the point where i've dnfed almost 10 different romance novels, but when august ends wasn't it folks. it had a lot of potential, and i can't lie and say that i wasn't enjoy myself in the middle of this book, however, there were just so many things that i didn't like.

the heroine, whose name i can't be bothered to recall, was so. damn. annoying. if this book had been published years ago, i would've given some slack to the author about
Funda Demir
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Same old narrative. Not the worst, not the best either. I wasn't sure between 2/3 stars, but 3 for the great epilogue.

Btw the h is 20, whilst H is 34 for those who are wondering.
My Pink Fairytales
I finally picked a 5 book! Yay me!

Loved the characters, loved the slow burn romance between them, loved the fact that he was thirty-four and she was twenty year old, loved their conversations, their funny banter and flirty situations, the end, the begining and basically everything about this book!

I forgot to mention something. I had an epiphany while reading this one.
The thing is, these pink fairytales I (we) love so much aren’t written by Hemingway, nor Shakespeare, so it all comes to the
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 's

Noah and Heather meet when he rents out her boathouse for the summer. He's fourteen years older and not interested no matter how many times she throws herself at him.

I did rather like reading his thoughts about her and then came the twist that I'm shocked I didn't see coming.

There are some complications with Heather's mother's depression, issues with her father and sister and Noah's history but I liked how everything managed to come together.

Noah is there for Heather when she needs
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4 STARS!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When August Ends is a sweet and sexy, slow burn clash of fate.

Heather is 20. She's a caretaker for her ill mother and helps with renting out the boathouse. She's vivacious and full of life. A spunky, mature, and independent young woman who puts other's needs before her own.

Noah is mysterious, broody, sexy, confident with a sense humor and killer smile. He's also older. Noah rents the boathouse for the summer to escape. He never expects to be knocked over by Heather.

Though the
Ali
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Couldn't wait to be done with this book, and not because I was anticipating the ending so much. The ending was rather obvious from the start. Wanted to finish this book and get on to something half decent.
This... this was so lame and so stereotypical and so.... I don't know...

The premise was not too bad. Heather is 20, she lives with her mother and they rent out a boat house. Heather does pretty much all the work as her mother is clinically depressed and spends most days in her room.
Noah comes
Luna Sol
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nothing like a good slow burn read by Penelope Ward. When August Ends captivated me from the beginning. I fell in love with both characters, Noah and Heather and their chemistry was so palpable, it made you burn through the pages. I just simply loved their time together. Look at that cover, look at Noah Cavallari. And yes, I can totally understand Heather. Loved her reactions and her honesty, and she simply knew what she wanted which I really admire in a heroine. This book gave me all the feels ...more
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

4.5 Stars

“Are you ever gonna tell me what you’re running from?”

When August Ends by Penelope Ward was as emotional as it was funny, sweet as it was sexy. We thoroughly enjoyed our time spent with Heather and Noah. Great banter and laugh out loud moments. This was a wonderful story of sacrifice, healing, friendship, loyalty and ‘slow burn’ love.

“Something outside of myself sent me here to help you. I truly believe that. I feel like once I leave, my job will be done. I’ve helped set you on the
Turning Pages At ...: When August Ends by Penelope Ward 54 37 Mar 10, 2019 04:56PM
Taste of Romance: When August Ends is Live Early on Amazon! 5 63 Mar 05, 2019 01:19PM

• All Grown Up
  • We Shouldn't
  • Dirty Letters
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • Junk Mail
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • Repeat
  • My Life in Shambles
  • Boyfriend for Hire
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • Imperfect Match
  • The Feel Good Factor
  • The Hookup Handbook
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • Sweet Liar (Dirty Sweet, #1)
  • Make Me Bad
  • Sweet Fate (Dirty Sweet, #2)
Penelope Ward is a New York Times, USA Today and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling author.

She grew up in Boston with five older brothers and spent most of her twenties as a television news anchor before switching to a more family-friendly career.

Penelope lives for reading books in the new adult genre, coffee and hanging out with her friends and family on weekends.

She is the proud mother of a
“Life is made up of little moments that don’t seem that important at the time, but in retrospect they’re what get you to where you are.” 9 likes
“I was living the moment I’d always feared: knowing what it was like to have her and still feeling as though I needed to let her go.” 1 likes