Start by marking “When August Ends” as Want to Read:
When August Ends

When August Ends

From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward, comes a new standalone novel.

What do you do when a sexy, older man moves into your family’s summer rental?

Well, apparently, you make a fool of yourself—over and over. Things didn’t exactly get off on the right foot with Noah Cavallari. Our first encounter was embarrassing, to say the least.

But despite that, I found myse
ebook
Published February 25th 2019 by Penelope Ward Books, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about When August Ends, please sign up.
Penelope Ward It takes me about 4 months to write a book, then another month to review it after edits. It takes about 6 months overall from start to release :-)
Penelope Ward The heroine is 20. The hero is older and his age is kept a mystery for the first two chapters but revealed early on. He is not quite old enough to be…moreThe heroine is 20. The hero is older and his age is kept a mystery for the first two chapters but revealed early on. He is not quite old enough to be her father but older. :-)(less)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic WHEN AUGUST ENDS: Is a full length romance novel by Penelope Ward.

Twenty year old Heather Chadwick has reached a stalemate with her life, the soul caregiver of a housebound mother has taken its toll on her life aspirations, she'd made a few big sacrifices for her mother, with not being able to go away to college a lot of responsibility rests on her head. For the past several years they have rented out a converted boathouse on their property at Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire to bring in
Vi Keeland
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know those heroes that are full of self control and have that quiet confidence? The ones that watch the woman they want but can't have and somehow make brooding about it sexy? Yeah him--oh my. Noah Cavallari has oodles of that going on. This was one hell of a slow burn!
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |

OH-LA-LA-LA-LA! CHECK THIS OUT!

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |
Blurb:
But
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I fell head over heels in love with this story right from the start. There were moments I laughed so hard I nearly cried and then at other times I could feel my heart shatter for Noah and Heather. This was one hell of a perfect love story, and true to Penelope Ward’s style of writing, she throws in a twist that I
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

-“Life is made up of little moments that don’t seem that important at the time, but in retrospect they’re what get you to where you are.”

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Heather Chadwick is a beautiful 20 yr. old woman who lives on Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire on land that’s been in her family for years. It’s a popular destination for tourists looking to escape the city, and they have a boathouse on the property they use for a summer rental. For being so young, Heather had a lot of respon
Dilek VT
Jan 17, 2019 marked it as not-appealing
She is 20; he is much older...
Not my cuppa.

And one more thing... The blurb says she makes a fool of herself over and over again. So my question is:

Who finds it endearing when the heroine makes a fool of herself in front of the hero?

- What's female writers' obsession with making their heroines look stupid?

- And why don't more readers complain about such silly heroines? Who thinks that putting oneself in embarrassing situations all the time is an attractive quality?

- Would you fall in love
NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I was ALL about that cover model and blurb and one-clicked the F out of this book! I have to praise Ms. Ward for that awesomeness first. But sadly, I'm convinced I didn't read the same book as other readers. I'm also confused that this is a Penelope Ward book. It felt...off to me. I won't go as far to say it wasn't her writing or anything, but it didn't feel like the same flow as I've felt with her books in the past. To lay it all out in a few words -- I never connected
Penelope Ward
Feb 24, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
★ ★THE PRICE IS ABOUT TO CHANGE! ★ ★
Who grabbed their copy?? Going, going, gone! I am changing the special release price of WHEN AUGUST ENDS shortly. Get this sexy, slow burn while it's still $3.99. (Moving to $4.99 permanently after release and will not be on sale ever again. It also will NOT be going into Kindle Unlimited.)
BUY HERE: https://amzn.to/2E5DcZM
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2NoW1eE
Apple Books: https://apple.co/2Tj776z
Nook: https://bit.ly/2IiEqX7
Kobo: https://bit.ly/2BAL4lC
Google Pl
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

Let's take a moment and stare at the rugged beauty that is Joseph Cannata...*clears throat*

Sometimes it sucks a little to be a reviewer with deadlines (and one who can't say no). Many of the books I buy are sitting prettily on my Kindle and I rarely get to read them due to a busy schedule. Pains me because I miss out on a lot of good ones and for some authors it's impossible to get arcs for ( like Penelope Ward's) if you're not in her group of chosen bloggers. Anyhoo..
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Neighbor Dearest" is still my favorite Penelope Ward book but I really enjoyed this story too. <3 And that epilogue was so sweet. It gave me the butterflies! :)

Synopsis:

What do you do when a sexy, older man moves into your family’s summer rental?
But despite that, I found myself waking up every day with a newf
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 5 STARS <3

This was absolutely fantastic, I could say it was epic with one word!I loved everything about it but mostly the characters.This was another refreshing,addictive and unique story!Penelope Ward delivers a heartwarming,sweet and slow burn romance!

description

Heather is something else, I loved her so much!I adored her and Noah was fantastic too.Mysterious,sexy and sweet.I liked how things went out for them.With slow burn and first with a friendship before something else.Both characters were w
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

🔥 Cover Model Joseph Cannata 🔥

description

Heather is twenty years old. She's not going to college like she'd planned - she's at home at their lake house in New Hampshire, because her mom can't take care of the place and the little boat house they rent out. So Heather stayed.

Enter Noah.

He's rented the little house for the whole summer.

Heather is hugely mega and totally attracted to the mysterious older guy.

description

How much older is he anyway?? ☺

The only important thing is that she wants him - bad!

But he's not all th
Lo Bookfrantic
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review-ng, f-br

4★★★★Stars

Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Type:  Standalone
POV:  First Person - Dual

❝In the end, all we have are memories.  I don't have nearly enough memories with you. I want to make some.❞

When august ends teaser

Heather Chadwick had a long life ahead of her.  Before she could begin to live, her life handled her pain after pain which forced her to grow up faster than she could have ever imagine.  Now at only twenty years of age she has a full job caring for her mother, running the family inheritance and no
Rejane
Jan 04, 2019 marked it as not-interested
I guess September begins...?!🤔😁😉🤣
I’ll never know... this author is not part of my reading list.
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Heather Chadwick still had a lot of life ahead of her. But due to unfortunate circumstances, she was stuck in her hometown taking care of the boathouse rental on her family property. When Noah Cavallari rented it for the whole summer, she was intrigued by his presence. Neither of them realized how much things would change before the summer ended.

I knew this book is going to be of older hero but Noah was not as old as I t
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***FULL REVIEW***

When August Ends wasn’t what I was expecting. That isn’t good or bad. Just unexpected.

The relationship between Noah and Heather was not the norm or me in a Penelope Ward book. Normally, Penelope Ward’s characters have sizzling chemistry, and, for me, it was lacking in this couple. And yet, I still enjoyed them, because while the chemistry was lack luster for me, I love their friendship, I love the peace they brought each other. I enjoyed their moments together. There is enough c
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
A summer holiday romance at a lakeside location is the first thing that drew me to this story. The hint of an age gap between the main characters and a fling with a time limit sealed the deal.

Heather may only be 20 years old but she carries the weight of responsibility of someone much older. After a family tragedy she put her college dreams aside to care for her mother. She not only looks after her but also their substantial home and holiday rental.

One day she hopes to convince her mum to sell u
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 - 4 Stars
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly, missy
Penelope Ward has this gift for taking her readers on some kind of wild emotional ride. Even as the burn was slow, and even as the banter was often more awkward than sparky, I knew there was going to be a moment (or, really, a few moments) where I felt the emotion like a punch to the gut - and that would be a huge game changer.

And boy howdy, was I ever right!

I mean, the book got off to a bit of a wobbly start for me. I was embarrassed for Heather, and didn't always connect with the choices she m
ABookLover73
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This book is so gooood 😍😍😍

I love it so much 💛!
TF
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
description"/description"/description"/description"/

description"/

Nicely narrated by Sebastian York and Andi Arndt……And spot on with the cover model. He is exactly how I pictured Noah. description"/
Alla
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: standalone
I had high hopes for this one. I really wish I could say I loved it, but unfortunately it just didnt grab me as I had hoped it would. I liked it, but nothing more than that. There was just something missing for me. It fell a little flat.

photo 100_zpsno92sdvk.gif
TheEuphoricZat
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one you have to pick up.
Briefly it's about this girl who has put her life on hold to take care of her mother who has fallen depressed after her sister committed suicide 6 years before.
Things seem to turn around when she falls in love with a guy 14 years older than her but he also has a secret of his own.
You just have to pick this one up.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet May/December romance…

Penelope Ward is a favourite author plus I’m a sucker for May/December romance so Noah and Heather immediately caught my attention!

Heather was young but mature in so many ways. She was keeping their small family together and taking care of renters was part of her responsibilities. When Noah rented the boathouse she was intrigued and attracted to the tall, handsome older man. Noah wasn’t sure what to make of Heather as their initial meetings were anything but un-embarra
Ramona
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Penelope Ward tops my 3 favorite authors and I love her writing so much. I don’t think she wrote a book I haven’t read and the fact that her stories continue to surprise and entertain me is a sign of how good and talented she is. There isn’t a book that matches another, all being original and well drafted.

“When August ends” is by far the best read of 2019 in terms of Romance. How can I prove it? I read the book in 1 days, because from the first 2 chapters I was hooked. The story was so good, add
Funda Demir
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Same old narrative. Not the worst, not the best either. I wasn't sure between 2/3 stars, but 3 for the great epilogue.

Btw the h is 20, whilst H is 34 for those who are wondering.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

Noah and Heather meet when he rents out her boathouse for the summer. He's fourteen years older and not interested no matter how many times she throws herself at him.

I did rather like reading his thoughts about her and then came the twist that I'm shocked I didn't see coming.

There are some complications with Heather's mother's depression, issues with her father and sister and Noah's history but I liked how everything managed to come together.

Noah is there for Heather when she needs someo
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4 STARS!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When August Ends is a sweet and sexy, slow burn clash of fate.

Heather is 20. She's a caretaker for her ill mother and helps with renting out the boathouse. She's vivacious and full of life. A spunky, mature, and independent young woman who puts other's needs before her own.

Noah is mysterious, broody, sexy, confident with a sense humor and killer smile. He's also older. Noah rents the boathouse for the summer to escape. He never expects to be knocked over by Heather. 📷

Though the attrac
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review

”Happiness shouldn’t be about a particular place anyway. It should be something you take with you everywhere you go—transferable.”

I adored this book! It felt like old school Penelope Ward and I loved that! Her signature style of warmth, heart, real-life scenarios, and fantastic banter rolled up together and give When August Ends 5 stars.

Heather and Noah’s age gap means nothing when their chemistry is so unbelievably present. You can’t help but root for them because really, Noah is basically
Zairobe25
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
Me gustó, los personajes fueron agradables, fue entretenido y sin mucho drama.
Turning Pages At ...: When August Ends by Penelope Ward 54 37 Mar 10, 2019 04:56PM
Taste of Romance: When August Ends is Live Early on Amazon! 5 55 Mar 05, 2019 01:19PM
  • My Life in Shambles
  • Tinsel (Lark Cove, #4)
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • Boyfriend for Hire
  • Sweet Liar (Dirty Sweet, #1)
  • Million Dollar Devil
  • The Risk (Briar U, #2)
  • Evermore
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Kill Switch (Devil's Night #3)
  • Fighting the Fire (Warrior Fight Club, #3)
  • The Promise (Neighbor from Hell, #10)
  • Tumble (Dogwood Lane, #1)
  • Dirty Charmer (The Bodyguards, #1)
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Huge Deal (21 Wall Street, #3)
Penelope Ward is a New York Times, USA Today and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling author.

She grew up in Boston with five older brothers and spent most of her twenties as a television news anchor before switching to a more family-friendly career.

Penelope lives for reading books in the new adult genre, coffee and hanging out with her friends and family on weekends.

She is the proud mother of a beau
“Life is made up of little moments that don’t seem that important at the time, but in retrospect they’re what get you to where you are.” 3 likes
“I was living the moment I’d always feared: knowing what it was like to have her and still feeling as though I needed to let her go.” 0 likes