Start by marking “Calling Back the Dead: A Northern Michigan Asylum Novel” as Want to Read:
Calling Back the Dead: A Northern Michigan Asylum Novel

Calling Back the Dead: A Northern Michigan Asylum Novel

The sprawling Kerry Manor has stood abandoned for nearly a century.

But that hasn’t kept the darkness at bay. Stories about the cursed house trickle out. Violent deaths, strange sightings, and always the chilling sound of a little girl’s song permeates the murky halls.

Today, Kerry Manor is restored to its original grandeur. Corrie and Sammy Flynn, and their daughter Isis,
Published February 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Calling Back the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calling Back the Dead

Saundra Wright
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another chilling episode in the history of the North Michigan Asylum for the Insane. North Michigan Asylum, a place where evil poses as physicians, and patients are fed to the monsters. How far can their evil roam affecting the lives of nearby residents? Start now and find out!

In 1900 a young girl with behavior problems spent some time in the asylum. Ethel walked in a frightened, innocent child. What walked out after treatment was something else entirely. The result was disaster for her family a
Mary Brannian
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Be Careful What You Wish For

Sammy and Corrie jumped at the chance to rent Kerry Manor, a completely restored mansion that had been an empty she'll for years, now whole once again. So what if there were stories about it being haunted, about a mysterious little girl seen, then not... Of previous deaths there. None of that mattered... Or did it? Tragedy strikes, and Corrie finds herself enveloped in overwhelming grief, suspicion, and a slowly encroaching evil insanity....

Shivers danced a tango when
Roxanne M.
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Series!!

I thoroughly enjoy this series! Great stories, great characters and really great location!! Being a transplant Michigander in my retirement years I’ve enjoyed Michigan so very much. So much to see and so much to do year long!!
I live in the Big Rapids area, but I enjoy the Cherry Festival every year. This year I’m going to be looking for the old Asylum grounds! I’m so excited!! Thank you for writing about our beautiful state. We always welcome visitors!!
Tammy
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not as good as the first in the series. Needed more ghost husband involvements.
Kivalina Mauck
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cool

Right up my alley type book. Spooky in a sweet way. Parts was way out there and a bit strange.
Kelsey Navarro
Mar 25, 2019
David Drake
Apr 29, 2019
Donamarie Goldsmith
This books is a great story concerning ghosts and possession. J.R. Erickson has written a suspenseful story that winds through time. Tracing the origins of the troublesome ghost is wonderfully done.
Jessica
Apr 02, 2019
Regan
Aug 18, 2019
I’m JR Erickson, also known as Jacki Riegle in a slightly more tangible reality. I’m the author of the urban fantasy series Born of Shadows, which includes Ula and coming soon Sorciere. Though I love fantasy, I’m not a one-genre kind of girl. My chick lit book Skidmarks on My Heart is in the editing process and I also have some paranormal fiction that I hope to publish in the next several months.

L