Start by marking “The Protein Power Lifeplan” as Want to Read:
The Protein Power Lifeplan

The Protein Power Lifeplan

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  219 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Ships from USA. Will take 25-35 days
Published June 1st 2001 by Grand Central Life & Style (first published January 1st 1900)

To ask other readers questions about The Protein Power Lifeplan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Protein Power Lifeplan

Lynne King
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-book, health
Well, I couldn't believe it when I saw this book on Goodreads just now. It is an excellent book on helping one to maintain one's weight, eat heathily and gives very sound advice about our bodies.

I use it on a daily basis too.

Goodreads, you are marvellous!
Susan
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lost 50 lbs on this diet nearly 20 years ago, and back at it again, currently. Never feel better than when I follow their advice (and the lifestyle change this requires) and it is not hard, but it requires planning and determination to start.
Sabe Jones
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
The Protein Power LifePlan, goofy title and all, is a great second book to read for anyone curious about the merits of low-carb dieting. I say second, because it doesn't probe the depths of the "fat is bad for you" myth to the extent that, say, one of Gary Taubes' books does. Better to get convinced of that first major point in a more comprehensive work.

Once you're there, though, this book is great. If you're sold on the idea that carb reduction is the best thing you can do for your health, you
Leila Bowers
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Gary Taubes' "Why We Are Fat," and I have read some of Atkins' writing, South Beach, etc. This is by far my favorite of all the books, with not only the scientific background on things like insulin resistance (though less specifics than in Protein Power, or so I've heard), but also a huge array of medical, deep information on antioxidants, aging, nutrition, vitamins - the list goes on. Easy to read and understand, and easy - in theory - to apply. This really helped me understand my body, ...more
Bob Gooch
Aug 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
A fascinating book on different aspects of health, in particular nutrition. Eades explains how the body works with various nutrients (and non-nutrients) in a manner that a layman like me can understand. I have changed my eating habits as a result of reading this book, and as an extra added bonus, I have a new appreciation for how the body works. This is going directly to my re-read shelf.
Mary-anne
Aug 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. A lot of fabulous information that is well laid out. It is a valuable resource and will stay on my shelf for reference.
April Stanley
Jul 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
They use the same logic as the South Beach Diet, but their diet is more broad. They emphasize certain vitamins and explain the common blood work values. I learned a lot.
Liss
Nov 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Changed my life, gave me my health back, returned my enthusiasm & joy. Wish I'd read it when I was 16.
Heather
Aug 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
I thought this would have charts to glance through at least, but its all word, and maybe a teeny chart here and there. Not what I thought.
Vaughn
Stella
Apr 17, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Life Without Bread: How a Low-Carbohydrate Diet Can Save Your Life
  • Dangerous Grains: The Devastating Truth about Wheat and Gluten, and How to Restore Your Health
  • The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living
  • Primal Body, Primal Mind: Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and a Longer Life
  • Know Your Fats: The Complete Primer for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils and Cholesterol
  • The Great Cholesterol Con: The Truth About What Really Causes Heart Disease and How to Avoid It
  • Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution: Turn Off the Genes That Are Killing You--And Your Waistline--And Drop the Weight for Good
  • Eat Naked: Unprocessed, Unpolluted, and Undressed Eating for a Healthier, Sexier You
  • The Crazy Makers
  • Sugar Nation: The Hidden Truth Behind America's Deadliest Habit and the Simple Way to Beat It
  • The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability
  • Eat Fat, Lose Fat: The Healthy Alternative to Trans Fats
  • Caffeine Blues: Wake Up to the Hidden Dangers of America's #1 Drug
  • Naked Calories: How Micronutrients Can Maximize Weight Loss, Prevent Disease and Enhance Your Life
  • Encyclopedia of Healing Foods
  • Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill
  • The Metabolic Typing Diet: Customize Your Diet To: Free Yourself from Food Cravings: Achieve Your Ideal Weight; Enjoy High Energy and Robust Health; Prevent and Reverse Disease
  • Sweet Potato Power: Smart Carbs:  Paleo and Personalized

$12.99 $1.99
  • Who Gets What — and Why: The New Economics of Matchmaking and Market Design
  • The Card Catalog: Books, Cards, and Literary Treasures
    $19.99 $1.99
  • The Relationship Cure: A 5 Step Guide to Strengthening Your Marriage, Family, and Friendships
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Without a Doubt
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done (Harperbusiness Essentials)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Trip to Echo Spring: On Writers and Drinking
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Paris Letters
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The Secret History of the Mongol Queens: How the Daughters of Genghis Khan Rescued His Empire
  • Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through the Storm
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $10.99 $1.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
  • God: A Story of Revelation