Start by marking “The Man in Black” as Want to Read:
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

Winona Harper’s life had hit a wall going eighty miles an hour. Cash Duvall wants to be the man to fix her up.

I left Texas jaded and betrayed, but determined to prove I had what it took to make it in New York. Six years later, I’m back where I started, and twice as bitter. The last thing I need is the cocky, mysterious new guy in town throwing me off course with his sultry
Published February 8th 2019 by Jami Denise

To ask other readers questions about The Man in Black, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Man in Black

LMR
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Jami Denise & Booksprout
The Man in Black by Jami Denise The Man in Black (Lucky Penny, Texas Book 1)
By: Jami Denise
Great Series Beginning That Surely Doesn't Disappoint!! One-Click "The Man in Black!"
She Left Town Betrayed...
Now, She's coming Home having seen better Days!
She feels like HER life's on the Attack,
And she's on the Wrong SIDE... Gettin' ONE H€LLUV@ BeatDown!
Today's NO Exception, in fact, it's the Pièce de résistance in a String of Unlucky Events...
We of Course, Everything Culminates with her BOTTOM on Display for a HUNKS Amusement!
May
SBee Reviews
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Going through the wringer again

Winnie and Cash were definitely drawn to each other, but after all the crappy, never-ending life’s nicks from zigging - when she should have been zagging - brings her face to face with a new guy in town to get her car fixed, who seems really into her by the way and too good to be true at this point in her life. But just when Winnie stops pushing Cash away, deals with her past, embraces what she feels for him, and thinks that things are actually pretty good, that i
Darcy
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story, but the main character's attitude got old. Winnie has to return to her hometown after she loses her job in New York. This brings feelings of failure and having to face her Ex. Unfortunately, her bitterness extends to Cash, who is attracted to her. He chases and she brings drama, bar fights and constant sniping at him. Halfway through the book without any change in her demeanor and it was tiring. Cash deserved better.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntaril
Lara
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Winnie is back in her hometown living with her Dad. Her big break wound up not working in NY and now nothing is going right. The worst day she's had and then she sees the most gorgeous man ever and she just can't help snapping at him. That's only the first time she sees him.
You will not want to miss their wild ride to finding what they want in life. You will be captivated from the beginning with her misadventures and snark.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily le
poppy
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Winnie and Cash's book, she is back in her hometown living back at home after losing her job in New York and he is the new mechanic their first meeting does not go well with her jumping down his throat I liked getting to know these two and thought they had great chemistry but with Cash keeping secrets and her huge chip on her shoulder will they make it. This was a good interesting read and I really enjoyed it.
Lisa H
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Winona “Winnie” is back in Texas, reluctantly after loosing her job in New York. It’s a small town and she’s got a bad ex.

But that’s nothing compared to Cash, the new mechanic in town. Now, he’s a man.
But he’s Trouble.
And he’s keeping secrets.

Are they gonna make it work?

Melissa
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
They're both running from their past but Cash is more than ready to prove to Winnie that he deserves a chance.

Dawn Garcia
rated it did not like it
Mar 07, 2019
Rachel Marie
BooksRLife247
Winnie and Cash are a cute couple. Their story is one of catastrophe leading them to each other and finding a way towards a common future. It was sweet yet balanced with sexy. I felt it was a little rushed but overall it was a great story.

Alisha Martinsen
Feb 26, 2019
Sherrie Merrell
Mar 01, 2019
katherine
Mar 05, 2019
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Winona (Winnie) comes back home after not being able to afford New York any longer, she isn't prepared for a gorgeous mechanic to steal her heart, no matter how much she tries to put him off.

While I liked The Man in the Black, Winona drove me bonkers. Her attitude, the chip on her shoulder was way too much. She caused too much drama, was way too bitchy, and honestly, I thought Cash could have done much, much better than Winona. She's the main reason for 3 stars. If Cash had been paired with
Jami Denise
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-by-me
Susanne McCauley
Mar 12, 2019
laurie nazareno
Mar 13, 2019

Jami Denise is a romance writer from Southern California.

She’s always had a passion for books and words. She loves the freedom to express herself through her stories and share them with others. She likes taking risks, pushing her characters into directions that challenge the reader and bring them out of their element. Her romance is always on the spicy side, with a little bit of sweet to make yo