Start by marking “Valor (Until You #4)” as Want to Read:
Valor (Until You #4)

Valor

(Until You #4)

Years ago Asher Winsome almost lost his life in the jaws of a great white shark. It was the scariest moment of his life—until his four-year-old nephew is kidnapped. Called home to be with his family, who see him as the black sheep, Asher must rely on every bit of his courage if he’s going to help get his nephew back. But this is not an ordinary kidnapping. And the outcome ...more
ebook
Published January 14th 2019 by Ninestar

To ask other readers questions about Valor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valor

Start your review of Valor (Until You #4)
Deborah
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Firstly I didn’t realise when I started this book that it was actually book 4. While it can easily be read as a stand-alone I did wish on several occasions that I’d read the previous books first.

Alec Banner is nearly forty and alone. He sees his colleagues and friends paired up and happy and he wants that.
Asher Winsome is the black sheep of the family. Instead if following his father and brother into the family law firm he followed his own path. Asher is a marine photographer specialising in sha
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟 4.5 stars
🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3

This was a really enjoyable, easy read that hooked me from the start!

Karrie’s writing style is a joy to read. The words flow so effortlessly, a detailed and thrilling picture and the story is formed so well. I breezed through this book so quickly and was kept on the edge of my seat the whole time!

I love Alec and Asher, both unique and passionate. Their instant connection was believable even with what they had to endure when they first met. While miscommunication pl
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
Until You is the 4th book in the series and although you could enjoy it as a stand alone the characters from the previous books do make appearances in this one and events from past books are referred to.

I really enjoyed this one and I thought the author did a great job of finding the right guy for Alec. Asher was a strong character and I really enjoyed the slow burn between the two men. I enjoyed the suspense as well. The book covers a few difficult topics since the two men meet when Asher's nep
RavenclawLibraryBooks
Valor starts with Alec getting a call about Jack Winsome a four year old boy who has gone missing.
Alec finds himself conflicted due to his feelings towards Asher, Jack's uncle, who is estranged from his family because of his choice of employment and his arent's emotionally abusive attitude.
The grandparent's attitude was really disgusting their grandson was missing and all they cared about was their reputation.
Alec and Asher sleep together soon after they meet which was quite unpofessional of Ale
Shirley
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 - 5

Poor Alec. He was happy for his friends, he really was, but being around them hurt. They had something that he knew he would never have – love and happiness. He won me over in Trusted, so when I realized that Valor was going to be his story, I couldn’t wait to read it.

For the record… Valor did not disappoint. Asher was Alec’s perfect match. They met while trying to get Asher’s nephew back. Even through the pain and terror, their attraction was impossible to ignore. They both felt it, bu
Natosha Wilson
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. It is almost two mysteries in one basically. It made it for a very interesting read. I found myself on the edge of my seat wanting to know who was behind the Mysteries and was they connected in the end. All is revealed and it leaves you wanting to read more of the books as soon as they come out. I have not read the other books in this series but I do believe I may just have to go back and do so.

Alec works for an agency that that tracks and recovers missing children or chi
Kirstin
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
We finally got Alec's story and it was truly worth the wait!

This is book #4 in the Until You series and while it could be considered a stand alone, there are so many characters from the other books that I feel like you'd be missing out. Plus, the other books are wonderful, so do yourself a favor and read them all anyway.

Alec is former military, former FBI, full fledged badass. He works with his friends finding lost and stolen children, returning them to safety. When Alec gets a call from San Die
Kerstin
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
German review: (view spoiler) ...more
Maya
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: gaybook-reviews
Maybe I was expecting too much, but the story was so-and-so for me. I couldn’t get into character’s heads and the whole story felt contriving and unconvincing.
Asher and Alec met when Alec is hired to look for Asher’s kidnapped nephew. They are attracted to each other from the moment they met, which was a first hurdle for me. I didn’t buy it.

It didn’t help that characters didn’t move away form stereotype. Asher’s parents are wealthy and emotionally distant, so after traumatic event Asher decided
Sarita Chapdelaine
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book was provided by the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review.

This is another great book in the Until You series and I really enjoyed it. I like how well the author combines a gritty mystery with an engaging romance. It is well-written, full of action and suspense, fast-paced, has some surprising twists, the storyline is intriguing and the characters are amazing. Alec and Asher are great together and have smoking hot chemistry as well as an instant connectio
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
3.5 Stars!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of NetGalley

This time we get to see Alec find his HEA and Asher couldn't be more perfect for him.

This series took me a bit to love, but now I'm hooked and love all the characters of this series. This is a romantic MM suspense series. Alec whom was once Military than FBI, has now joined the ranks of Chasing Hope with Ben, Ethan and Ryan. After getting closer to his friends Alec realizes he's lonely and wants what his friends have.

However, Alec
Kelly
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqa
Arc copy provided courtesy of IndiGo, for an honest review.

The first quarter of the book was a little slow for my taste, but once the first conflict resolved, the book picked up enough that I know I'll be reading it again.

I love that Asher works with sharks and got Alec down in the cage with him. It felt like I was there, and when they surfaced, I wanted to go back.

Asher's family is a little insane, so it was great to see him get some one on one with Alec. (His job also explains some of his e
R
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alec’s job, finding missing children, eats at him but he can’t give it up. Asher, estranged from his family, is a photographer, specializing in sharks. When Asher’s nephew is kidnapped, he returns home to help his brother and sister-in-law. When the boy is rescued Alec leaves, not realizing he left his heart behind. But when Asher is threatened, Alec is right there to protect him.

I’ve really liked this series. Each couple that has come together has been fun and interesting. Alec and Asher have b
Jennifer Shanahan
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-giveaways
Now I have read the third and fourth books in this series. I really need to read one and two because they constantly refer to the characters in the first books throughout the series. I really liked this book in spite of the lack of context of the earlier characters. Asher was awesome fearless and willing to take risks yet sensitive and sweet. Alec is obviously amazing at his job finding missing children. The two of them had a great chemistry together and I loved all of their interactions. The op ...more
Claudia
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, m-m, mystery, romance
This was a really enjoyable read. The author writing flows easily and the story is full of suspense and tension.

The characters are interesting and complex, and even as the chemistry between Asher and Alec is evident from the beginning, this is put aside until Asher's nephew is safe and sound. Even then, what Alec perceived as his shortcomings prevent them from getting together and they part ways.

But not all was so clean-cut as they had thought, and when Asher's life is in peril, Alec will run t
Elaine Gray
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read book three and fourth book in this series and they both are great. Alec finds missing kids and when Asher's nephews go missing he helps find him. Asher and Alec are attracted to one another eventually fall in love. There are some intense moments and love how the daughter-in-law don't let her inlaws tell her what to do.
The book is funny, exciting, with a little angst, and romantic. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.
Claire
I loved this story, I knew from the first few pages it was going to be a hot read, straight up the chemistry between the two main characters Alec and Asher was there. When Asher's nephew is kidnapped he comes running to help and Alec is only too happy to have him around. The path to happiness isn't smooth though with misunderstandings and drama unfolding throughout. I thought the romance that grew between them was lovely and it was a great feelgood read despite the kidnapping and then the troubl ...more
Carly Pearl
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 Stars ( But DNF’d 30% of the way through)

I received an e-arc from Net galley in exchange for an honest review. Honestly the writing was mediocre and the family the detective was helping was mostly only concerned with their image as opposed to getting the child back. The love interest is a giant mess, and the main guy blurs professional boundaries from jump. To be honest I lost interest after the guys had sex. All in all this book was a waste of my time, way too messy and very unbelievable.
Kylie
Feb 23, 2019
Kimberly Ricketts
Jun 14, 2020
Coltostallion
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review is based on an ARC.

This is part of a series, but can be read as a standalone. I had not read any previous books in this series when I read it but had no issues following along and figuring out the basic relationships between characters. I enjoyed the characters and the writing. There were a few points where I found things to be a bit over the top but all in all an enjoyable read.
Jillian
Feb 22, 2019
Megan
Jan 15, 2019
Wendy
Nov 12, 2019
Susan Rickard
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
VALOR by Karrie Roman is a wonderful story! I couldn't put the book down and read it straight though in one day! All the action and suspense, the back and forth dialog between the characters was smart and fun. I thought all the characters were well developed and I would love to spend more time with all of them!
Tizerkane
Manpreet
Jan 15, 2019
Jay Jay
Jun 03, 2020

• Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • A Sweet Man (The Men of Halfway House, #7)
  • Murphy's Law (Havenwood #2)
  • Shake the Stars
  • BTW: By the Way (After Oscar, #3)
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
  • Pieces of Me (Missing Pieces, #2)
  • The Making of Jonty Bloom (Unfinished Business, #1)
  • Baking Battles (Scandinavian Comfort, #3)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Fortuity (Transcend, #3)
  • Project Hero
  • The Stopping Place
  • Pieces of Us (Missing Pieces, #3)
  • Book Love
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • A Hunted Man (The Men of Halfway House, #2)
  • Cabin Fever
Karrie lives in Australia’s sunshine state with her husband and two sons, though she hates the sun with a passion. She dreams of one day living in the wettest and coldest habitable place she can find. She’s been writing stories in her head for years but has finally managed to pull the words out of her head and share them with others. She spends her days trying to type her stories on the computer w ...more

Until You (4 books)
  • Shipped (Until You #1)
  • Sentinel (Until You #2)
  • Trusted (Until You, #3)