Start by marking “I Promise You (Dare #2)” as Want to Read:
I Promise You (Dare #2)

I Promise You

(Dare #2)

It was supposed to be a game.
I Dare You.
We bought her in 'cause I wanted to play with her.
Destroy her.
But plans change and she got caught in the cross fire.
Then I did something far worse. I fell in love with her, but she doesn't know I still have secrets.
Ones that could rip us all apart.
We're sharks.
Raised to hunt and kill.
We take what we want without asking.
We've never ne
Published April 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about I Promise You, please sign up.
Kaka_shi Yup that was 12years! Later though.

This is just a... more detailed account of events... and other things.
Like how Becky is a lying liar that tells l…more
Yup that was 12years! Later though.

This is just a... more detailed account of events... and other things.
Like how Becky is a lying liar that tells lies.(less)

Start your review of I Promise You (Dare #2)
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Blood, violence, betrayl, sex, deceit, love, murder, and friendship, I Promise You by Shantel Tessier is such a fun dark read! "Fun" might seem like a strange word to use to describe a book like this, but when I think of the Dare series, fun is the first word that comes to mind. It's twisted, captivating, and filled with surprising twists and turns that will keep you guessing the whole way through. If that's not fun, I don't know what is!

Before I go any further, you need to know that this serie
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
description Way back in April of last year when I read I DARE YOU I was blown away by how awesome it was. So when I heard there would be a book two I knew I had to get my hands on a copy. Unfortunately, It just didn't WOW me like book one did. It felt choppy, and the plot jumped all over the place. I also thought it got a bit repetitive at times with scenes that had already taken place in book one. I guess after finishing this one, part of me feels a little like this book wasn't 100% necessary. I mean, boo
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Coming off of I Dare You not too long ago, I really wanted to see how the rest of this story was going to play out. We knew that there were going to be a lot of consequences, blood shed, retribution, and a love reunion that was set in the making. We knew those things and we were prepared for them but the one thing that was constantly on a loop in my mind was this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you haven’t read book one yet, do NOT go further into this review! Hours after seeing the love of his life at death’s door
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
I Promise You Teaser 1

So I enjoyed this, was it perfect? No did I enjoy it as much as "I dare you"? well no but this still had lots here to recommend reading it.
I suppose this is more like a companion read to the main event, one that manages to fill in most of the blanks that were left slightly open-ended previously.
I say most as there are still some unanswered conundrums that I really want answers to the main one being who is Bennet hooking up with? I do have some ideas but will be keeping that to myself for the mom
DW
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cole and Austin are back and I still love them. Even though Cole is still a huge pain, he is growing up and finally appreciating Austin.
I promise You picks right up where I Dare you left off. We get to see more of why Cole is the way he is and that explains so much about his personality. No doubt that Austin is a fighter and if you have read I Dare You, then you will understand.

Now I know that it was all about Cole and Austin but I’m really digging Deke more than I did in the first book. That
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

After I finished I Dare You I was excited to get more of these Sharks. There was still a lot left unsaid about all of them and I needed to know their secrets. But then I heard that I Promise You was a story that was still going to mainly focus on Cole and Austin and that's where my nervousness about it started. I already got their ending, or so I thought, so I just wasn't super excited to go into this book and get more of them. But in the end I can say that I was
Rita
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
O.M.G!!! I need to take a breath!

I Promise You is the follow-up to I Dare You (The Dare Series) and picks up when Austin was shot, as well as giving us some flashback insights into their pasts.

Now I wanted to give I Dare You 10 stars and said that, in my opinion it was Shantel’s best book to-date, but believe me, it only gets better!
This book has so many twists and turns it makes your head spin and even better - you don’t see them coming, it’s fantastic!

This book told in the POV of Cole, Deke &
Mandie
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I Promise You was a captivatingly dark read. I was literally on the edge of my seat while reading it.
MellysBooks
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was so good!!!
Book 1 is necessary to understand book 2.
In this books we get all the in betweens we missed out on at the end of book 1 plus new drama. And secrets just spilling out from about every character.
Cole is back with Austin, Deke, Bennett and Becky.
A lot of questions are answers but at end you’ll have new unanswered questions. Safe to say it gave me the biggest book hangover I need book 3 stat!
Must read for this series.
nikki
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Don’t hate me, but...this was a huge anticlimax for me. I just felt like it was too much of going over everything that happened in I DARE YOU, and I started to skip pages. I have to be clear and say that I absolutely love Cole and Austin but I just wasn’t invested in this story as much as I thought I would be. That being said, I am still totally onboard for reading Dekes book.
TheSassyNerdBlog
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐈 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝.

After leaving us on a cliffhanger with book one, the author picks up where she left off, just when I think I have all these questions figured out, the author throws me in head first into plot twists that I did not see coming.

in I Promise You, I finally got some answers on some much-needed questions... And if you thought book one had you all bent out
Anonymous Girl
Genre ~ Adult High School Bully Romance
Series; Standalone; or Standalone (Part of a series) ~ Book #2 part of a 3 book series
Publication Date ~ April 26th 2018
Series Years ~ April 27th 2018-August 21st 2019
Triggers / Warnings? ~ Contains explicit sexual content, violence, talk of rape & crude language.
Ages of Characters ~ 16-18
POV ~ Several 1st POV between Cole 18 year old male, & Deke 17/ 18, Bennett 17 / 18
HEA (view spoiler) / HFN (view spoiler)
Kimberly Garner
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome. It clears up questions from I Dare You, but it makes you ask new questions. Still gritty, still raw, still real. This book is fast paced and you cannot read it unless you read I Dare You first. You will be lost. This is told in alternating views, we have Cole, Deke and Bennett, you get to see what they are doing, and going through and it is an eye opener.
I Dare You was perfection, and this one is no less. The characters here are further developed, the plot thickens, and it
 Mary~❤️~DBO

★5 STARS★

Shantel Tessier will rock your world again. She never disappoints, and especially not now with I Promise You. You thought that with book 1 I Dare You that you found out everything?!... You will not know what hit you. Prepare to be blown away! Cole is back ladies, and he isn't alone...The GWS...are back!

I Promise You is the second book in the Dare Series, and you MUST read I Dare You first. The story is told from Cole's, Deke's and Bennett's POV and continues from were book 1 ends. I d
Meredith Wilson
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Gawd! This book was absolutely fantastic! It's not real often that I finish a book in one day, but I Promise You was like kindle crack and I just could not put it down. This one starts off with a bang, picking up right where I Dare You left off. And yes, you will need to read that one first. Otherwise you will be lost, wondering what the hell is going on in this crazy shark world.

I Promise You was pure dark romance goodness! It's dark, edgy, intense and suspenseful. And just when you thi
BLuvsBooks
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Sharks are back and they are ready to kill or be killed.
Please read I Dare You first to fully understand this second book.
It’s told in three different POV of Cole, Deke and Bennet. I enjoyed the different perspectives and the flashbacks that allow us more insight.
It begins exactly where Book One left us. This book answers some questions however it also leaves us with more mystery and secrets. It is a fast paced, dark, thrilling revenge story that tests many relationships.
I Promise You wi
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
Secrets on top of secrets are still being kept.

This book begins at the ending of I Dare You, so make sure you read that book first!

I loved this book. The book is split into three POVs. We get to see Cole, Bennett, and Deke tell their side of the story.

This book reveals more information about the sharks and then presents new secrets. It basically just sucks you into this world more and has you needing Bennett’s and Deke’s books immediately.

I’m nervous about their books. Don’t get me wrong. Th
Danielle Harris
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Get ready for more twists and turns!

Shantel Tessier never disappoints when it comes to dark romance. This book literally had me on the edge of my seat. It's dark, gritty, angst, steamy, and will leave you wanting more.

I've read I dare you a couple times and I can't get enough of these characters. Cole and Deke will be embedded into your soul. They are alluring, dark, and oh so bad

I don't want to spoil a thing, so I will say that you need to read I dare you First, because this book picks up off a
Nova B
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
I think this one was a waste of time. Same stuff from the first and the stuff that was revealed here didn’t do it for me. Like Becky poor girl what a mess. I think 🤔 I should stop here with this series. This proves why I don’t like them.
Zainab M.
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC REVIEW : IPY by @shantel_tessier, arc generously provided by @givemebookspr.

Dear Shantal,
I want to hug you so tight and squeeze the bejezuz out of you. No really, how do you manage doing that? Writing like that? I Promise You is a follow up to its prequel I Dare You featuring Austen and Cole's twisted love story. I Promise You deals with many flashbacks, interval periods and reflects upon the lives of Cole's other friends including Deke-Becky, Bennett, Killian and Shane. Majorly focused on C
Tees_BookCave
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The boys are back and better then before!

* ARC received in exchange for a honest review*

When I read I dare you when it came out, I fell in love with all the characters , the story and the games.

This time round it’s the same, I fell in love with them over again. Your feelings and emotions will be all over the place throughout the book.

This book is told by three povs, Cole, Bennett and Deke.

If you haven’t read I dare you then I suggest you read that one first as you will be completely confused
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jess~

This is not standalone, you need to have read book one or this will make little sense.

This was also exactly what was needed after I Dare You. I knew things didn't feel settled and this was almost like a behind the scenes look at what else was going on. This one is told from multiple POVs and there was a whole lot of, "I did not see that coming!"

There was more drama, more deceit, more twistedness, and some dirty boys. I can't really talk too much about this book because it would spoil it.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I Promise You was another delicious read in the GWS series by Shantel Tessier. It answered many questions that weren't answered in I Dare You and provided insight into scenes we weren't necessarily privy to in the first book. I loved being in Deke and Cole's head and could not get enough of these boys!

Anyone who knows me knows that I loved I Dare You so when I saw that the author was making a book two I could not jump on this fast enough. I loved learning the secrets of the accident and being in
LaToya (Readingbythebayou)
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was the perfect follow up to I Dare You. We were graced with the POVs of Cole, Deke, and Bennett. This book offers more insight into the secrets behind the scenes. We also get Cole's POV and that was golden. Who woulda thought he'd turn out to be a good man for Austin. More secrets were revealed and I'm chomping at the bit to start the next book. This is an amazing series. Be careful they're sharks in the water. I promise you won't be sorry you read this book!
Caro Richard
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
The 'fill in the blanks' story, just what I wanted (and needed!)

After the drama at the end of I Dare You I wanted more details....and I got them along with more secrets. More lies. And that ending.......gasp!
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
I Promise You is book 2 in the dare series.

PLEASE PLEASE read book 1 first I dare you. As you really do need too.

What a book it is woah! This book I feel like I been put through the ringer my feelings. This book is told from 3 different POV Cole, Bennett, Deke. we get answers that were left from book 1 I don't want to go into details as you really don't want to spoil things for anyone. Just know it is MUST read with great characters you will either love or hate them or love to hate them I really
Sophie Ruthven
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just like "I Dare You" this book was full of dramas, lies & bombshells that will have you double checking that you just read that properly.
Shantel has managed to produce yet another stunner of a book that will reeling and leaves you wondering what on earth is going to happen next.
I can't wait to see!!
Christina Szczepan-santos
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damn Damn and Damn!!!! This book was EPIC!!!!! So many twists and turns, Shantel did not disappoint! You must read I Dare You before you read I Promise You. I'm keeping this review vague because seriously just dive in and enjoy the ride!
I wish I could give this more than 5 ☆
#BookHangover
queen_of_the_books_18
”Because we’re sharks. And what do sharks do? They kill.”

Shantel Tessier yet again had me on the edge of my seat with this thrilling, suspenseful dark romance. It was a rollercoaster of emotions whilst diving back into the story of the GWS.

I promise you is the second book in the I Dare you series, if you haven’t read I dare you yet then what are you waiting for? You are in for a treat.

What can I say about the GWS... they are insane sexy alphas surrounded by hate, mystery and secrets. The amoun
Nikki  Malan
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I Promise you by Shantel Tessier (book 2)
Please make sure that you have read book one “I Dare You”.
I Dare You ended on one heck of a cliff-hanger and book two picks up right where it left off. Austin has been shot and is fighting for her life. Cole is beside himself with worry. He can’t lose her now. She was supposed to be someone he played with, not someone he fell in love with. But for her, he will become the man she needs him to be after he takes care of some loose ends. Cole and Deke are out
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Sweet Retribution (Rydeville Elite #3)
  • Twisted Betrayal (Rydeville Elite #2)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • Charlie (Rydeville Elite #4)
  • The Secrets We Hide (The Four, #2)
  • Rebellion (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #2)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High #1)
  • Reign of Brayshaw (Brayshaw, #3)
  • The Havoc We Wreak (The Four #3)
  • Free Fall (Spring Hill Blues, #1)
  • Riot House (Crooked Sinners, #1)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Lost Girl (Aston Creek High #2)
  • The Rebel of Raleigh High (Raleigh Rebels #1)
  • Initiated (Kings of Miskatonic Prep #2)
  • Broken Trust (Dark Legacy #2)
I'm a Texas born girl who now lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma with my high school sweetheart, and our two girls. I consider myself extremely lucky to be a stay home wife and mother. When I'm not reading or writing, I spend my time with friends and family.

Dare (3 books)