Start by marking “Cosmoknights (Cosmoknights, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cosmoknights (Cosmoknights, #1)

Cosmoknights

(Cosmoknights #1)

Pan's life used to be very small. Work in her dad's body shop, sneak out with her friend Tara to go dancing, and watch the skies for freighter ships. It didn't even matter that Tara was a princess... until one day it very much did matter, and Pan had to say goodbye forever. Years la
Published September 24th 2019 by Top Shelf Productions

To ask other readers questions about Cosmoknights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cosmoknights

Start your review of Cosmoknights (Cosmoknights, #1)
may ➹
I saw space gays and didn’t need to know anything else to start reading it immediately ...more
anna (½ of readsrainbow)
rep: sapphic mc, side wlw interracial relationship, side trans character

i have never felt more gay & more in the mood to smash the patriarchy and eat the rich

Amy
space gays, you say?
Mir
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Being overly literal-minded, I was quite distracted by trying to understand how the princess/sports economy worked. And also, why even? But other than that this was good, like the art and MC Pan, plan to read the next one. Looking forward to finding out what happened to Tara!

Brianna Silva
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is the epitome of the memes "Be Gay, Do Crimes" and "Space is Gay."

It's great fun, the art is so beautiful it makes me stare in awe, and as a Lesbian TM I can't tell you how affirming and wonderful it is to see a cast made up pretty much entirely of sapphic ladies.

I can't wait for Volume 2!
Nev
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtqiap
A ragtag group of gays in space fighting the patriarchy.

The art and colors are absolutely stunning. The characters are all interesting and well-rounded and the plot is super compelling.

Definitely read this comic, either in book form or as a free webcomic here
🌈✨🏳️‍🌈👩‍❤️‍👩🚀⭐️
Cy
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, sci-fi, lgbtq
i'm gay and i hate the patriarchy
Rod Brown
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I knew almost nothing about this book before cracking the cover, and I was pleasantly surprised by how engaging it is.

In 2169, a ragtag group of LGBTQ+ individuals comes together to fight a medieval-style patriarchy that has knights in high-tech battlesuits fight it out in battle royale jousts for possession of princesses. This volume offers a satisfying hunk of story while leaving me wanting more, much more.

My tags: (view spoiler)
Maia
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, comics
Quick, fun and beautifully drawn. Pan is the daughter of a mechanic on one small world among many bustling spaceports. Her best friend, Tara, is a Princess- which doesn't matter until the day comes that her hand in marriage is going to be given away to the winner of a tournament. Pan helps Tara escape in a cargo ship and never sees her again. Five years later a pair of injured tournament fighters end up on her doorstep- two women who fight to free Princesses. Pan sees a chance to get off world a ...more
Ana
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS SO GOOD! The art style is FANTASTIC and the premise of princesses fighting in suits to earn their own hand in marriage 😍 AMAZING! The world had me super intrigued and I need to know more about the political scheming its so fun. Also having a scifi with only women as main characters was just very nice (Also I read this online which is very nice to have a free version, but I really want to buy a physical copy because the art style is super inspiring!)
Kayla
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm a simple woman. I see gays fighting the patriarchy in space, I give five stars.
Melinda
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer
*4-4.5 Stars

woah this was mad cool and a delight to read. the colors and artist's style was awesome as well as the story in general. A very interesting concept and I can't wait to check out more. If you like queers, attractive color palettes, tournament fighting, queers, anarchy, toppling the patriarchy, OR space, I definitely recommend checking it out! You can even find it for free on the artist's site

Also this story reminded me how desperately I need to expand my queer graphic novel collection
SJ
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fucking love this comic. It’s giving the gays everything they want, the art is gorgeous, and the story so far is really compelling. Also important : CASS IS SO HOT AND SO!!! BUTCH!!! THANK YOU FOR THE FOOD HANNAH
Lata
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Light, fun and fast-moving with great artwork, coupled with fighting tired gender expectations. Can’t wait to read the next volume.
Eli Claire
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer-reads
My review really can’t compare to the description on the back of this book: “For this ragtag band of space gays, liberation means beating the patriarchy at its own game.”

So I’ll just say this:

Set in a futuristic world where planets are ruled by royal houses, princesses are ‘won’ by the victor of a jousting battle. Pan, who helped her best friend escape this fate but in doing so resigned herself to a life of scorn from her community and mundanity planet-side, dreams of one day escaping her dull
Natalia
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtqia-reads
"For this ragtag band of space gays liberation means beating the patriarchy at its own game"

I was so immersed by the graphics and the storyline, that I got to the end of this volume and didn't even notice! I need more! Pan and Tara are so beautiful as human beings and their friendship is just beautiful to watch even though there is hardship there and a crazy cliffhanger!

I was literally taking notes of my reactions and my mind was racing with so many thoughts. How cool their purpose is and what i
Crowinator
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

The only reason this isn't a full 5-star read is because I found the battle scenes too confusing - I couldn't differentiate between the various Cosmoknights in the arena or figure out what they were doing most of the time. Otherwise, everything else is 5 stars!
dathomira
when cass showed up i fully blacked out and then we got her backstory and i fully fucking DIED thank you very much for this extremely happy i paid cash dollaz for it!
vanessa (effiereads)
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i bought this solely because it advertised space gays and i was not disappointed.
Magi Wren
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love these character, the color scheme, and the storyline.
Christy
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
New favorite space gays? I think so.
m
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
WAIT IT JUST...ENDS?? I WANT MORE!! This is so good (the art! space gays! the setting!) and a perfect end to the year/decade, though so far the story/this volume is mostly setup.
Lynn DiFerdinando
Bought at SPX 2019 (apparently pre-release date but no one mentioned it to me). Space lesbians, sci-fi knights in armor, fucking up the patriarchy. What’s not to love? The lines and colors and facial expressions were very well done, too.
Maija
Fun, great art, although it feels like things are just getting started and I would like the next volume, please. Also Kate = a character archetype I love.
L ✨
rep f/f side couple, sapphic mc, amputee side character who's maybe trans (based on her tattoo), Black side characters

so this comic is the definition of be gay do crimes but in space and that's everything i ever wanted. I'm not kidding when I say this is one of my favorite comic of the year (and all time fav). I'm starting to think the "gays in space doing crimes while being apart for years + fighting the system" is my thing.

Hannah's art side is breathtaking, i loved the color palette used, i
Sionna
I'll be super honest here: I have a really difficult time liking Western graphic novels -- I tend to rate them low while loving comics out of Japan. This book has renewed my hope!

Seriously I loved this one and I'm super excited for more. Princesses are saving themselves and other princesses through a gladiator tournament-- space-style.  It has action, wonderful artwork, fantastic and well-developed characters, and a story that has me hooked.

If you like cute artwork, fun characters (most of whi
Erika
I can't even begin to do this book justice it is that good! The art is a kick in the face it's so beautiful and moving. The story makes me want to go out and fight the patriarchy and change the whole game. You will fall in love with every one of the characters and be upset that you don't have a huge body of work to turn to for more!!

description
Melanie Gillman
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fuckin loved this and can’t WAIT for more.
Dakota Morgan
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Didn't really know what to expect here, but any tagline that includes "ragtag band of space gays" has me sold. Fortunately (unfortunately?), Cosmoknights isn't just Queer Eye in space. There's a hell of a lot more action than I expected, and robot-fighting-suit action at that. Hannah Templer is a stellar artist, both in the action scenes and the in-between. The coloring especially gets the highest marks.

The plot revolves around Pan, a young woman on a forgotten planet who gets caught up in the m
Wilmette Public L...: Cosmoknights Vol. 1 by Hannah Templer 3 9 Apr 07, 2020 07:41AM

• Snapdragon
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 1
  • Heavy Vinyl: Y2K-O!
  • Witchy
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 2
  • The Deep & Dark Blue
  • Stage Dreams
  • Mooncakes
  • The Legend of the Fire Princess (She-Ra Graphic Novel #1)
  • The Fire Never Goes Out: A Memoir in Pictures
  • Are You Listening?
  • Bury the Lede
  • The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
  • Goddess Mode, Vol. 1