Start by marking “A Devil of a Time (A Witch In Time Book 2)” as Want to Read:
A Devil of a Time (A Witch In Time Book 2)

A Devil of a Time (A Witch In Time Book 2)

Felicity must choose…

…live a normal life and be cut off…

…Or embrace her powers.

Her decision gets harder when her Grandmother arranges for her to marry a powerful wizard. If she’s going to avoid that disaster, she’ll need to find a job…and that’s where everything changes.

At the Agency of Paranormal Peculiarities, they need investigators. Felicity is perfect for th

Published February 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Devil of a Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Devil of a Time

Paula Adams
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Mona Marple's books. This was quite different from her other works but once I got into wanting to solve the mystery I was hooked. A young witch who comes from money has issues with her family and get cut out of the family has to find a job. She has to solve a crime and get sent in the past for a short time and gets help from a ghost wolf. I loved the memories, the technology of time. I hope you keep writing about Flick.
Wulfwyn
This is the second book of the A Witch In Time Series. This series is being written by several authors, each of whom has a main character and a mystery to solve. In the previous book we met Vee and time traveled to New York. In this book we meet Felicity, (Flick), and go to 1999 London. This series is fast becoming a must read more series. I love that each character goes on her own adventure, (though the other characters may make appearances), and solves their own mystery. So far, you don’t need ...more
Krystyna
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A new job or marriage?

A good read. Not as good as the first book in this series. It seemed a bit bland compared to it. A murder at the Old Bailey with a list of suspects that all have a good motive. The characters however seemed a bit under done especially the main character. You could visualise all the others but I couldn't see her.
Her Gram wants her to enter an arranged marriage and her refusal leads her to having her allowance cut off and no way of earning a living. A delivery of a mysterious
Nadine
Shelves: favorites
Flick’s first ever cold case - what a fun book!

Flick dreams of escaping all things mystical. But Gram has other plans. Felicity (Gram doesn’t like the name Flick) is to marry an important warlock and think of continuing the lineage. Yes, that means a daughter must be conceived. To avoid that scenario, and be independent, she needs a job. But that proves to be difficult, seeing as she’s got zero work experience. Then an opportunity presents itself. The Agency of Paranormal Peculiarities. And they
Carol
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Felicity's family is super wealthy and as all the generations before her, she is expected to make a good marriage and have children to continue her lineage. But Felicity (Flick as she prefers to be known as) is not prepare to do so, but by putting her foot down, it may mean being disowned and having to work for a living and support herself, something she has never done before, but may be worth trying? Her first job gives her a chance to find out which is more scary - being married to someone she ...more
Bobbi
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Felicity is becoming an adult!!!! She is embracing her powers and learning how to take control of her life. While Grandmother thinks it is time for Felicity to marry, Felicity totally disagrees. She is not ready to marry, especially to Merlyn whom she dislikes. So what does she do, well she applies for a job at the Agency of Paranormal Peculiarities. With only seven days to solve an old crime, Felicity teems up with the ghost of Newgate who haunts the Old Bailey to try to work out the details of ...more
Renee Arthur
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Felicity, or Flick as she prefers, just wants to be normal and live in her little flat in London. However, that's hard to do when you're part of an old, distinguished and very rich family of witches. Gram rules the roost at their country estate as well as the finances. They want Felicity to marry a snotty little warlock in order to have a child and carry on the family name. Flick has other ideas and decides to buck the system. Just as she's figuring out how hard that really is, especially with n ...more
Frances
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting Concept

An interesting concept and overall a good story with refreshing character development.
However, I felt some of the story got lost in its plot holes. I wish we could have gotten more of a story as to what happened to Flick’s special power as the story progressed. Also, the description of the time change, between Flick’s present and where she travelled to, left a little to be desired.
Had some of these questions been answered I think the overall predictability of the story could
Miss W Book Reviews
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A Devil of a Time is Book 2 in the Witch in Time Series. The concept for this series is fantastic: Witches who travel back in time to solve cold cases for The Agency of Paranormal Peculiarities.

We meet Flick and she is having a "devil of a time". Flick has powers but does not want to use them. If she doesn't use them she'll be cut off from her family. She decides to take a job with the Agency and she is sent back to 1999 to solve a cold case and she only has 7 days to do it!

I love this book, an
Janice Booth
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 IS AWESOME and this series is AMAZING

Flick is such a cool character. You immediately feel for her and the expectations her grandma has for her. The supporting characters are truly unique!!!!!! I fell in love with her buddy ghost Newgate!!!!!!! Every time I thought I had it figured out there was an amazing twist in the story that was unexpected!!!!!!! The time travel mystery solving witches is a stupendous idea!!!!!! I can’t wait for the next book!!!!!
Jennifer Wertz
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed A Devil of a Time. It is an awesome book. It is well written. The plot of a witch traveling back in time to solve a cold murder case is such a unique and interesting idea. Flick is a great character. I like her strength and determination in solving the case and the choices she makes in her family and life. There are several plot twists that will keep you guessing until the end. I look forward to reading the rest of this series.
Alyson Beard
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good

I enjoyed reading this book very much and the actual murder mystery was tidied up very nicely. I was left with lots of unanswered questions about the main character Flick though so I really hope this co-authored series continues past the original 5 books to answer them.
Kelli
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A new series to fall in love with

I enjoyed this so much I read it in one day...Would have been one sitting if work and dinner hadn't interfered! I really like Flick and her naivety, and the twist had me guessing right til the end.
Clemmie Jackson
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On her own

Character flick is a true courageous person to show herself she had the skill to care for shelf. I found this to have been a good paranormal mystery & could read more on this series
Darcy Weber
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
London's Finest

When a young, hated, man is murdered in the poorest part of London, it isn't shocking for it to go unsolved. Enter the Time-Traveling Witches, Felicity, to solve the cold case. She meets some interesting people, and spirits, along the way, and solved the case.
Suzanne Homeier-poe
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable.

This is the second book of the series. I enjoyed this one as much as I did the first book. I find these stories very entertaining.
Monica
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good book. Can stand alone from series. I didn't feel a spark from the main character but the story had a good mystery with lots of suspects and a few surprises.
Michele Cantrell
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun series. I really enjoyed this book - it is about the Agency of Paranormal Peculiarities that sends time traveling witches back in time to solve cold cases that have never been solved. They have 7 days! This book was so fun I was hooked on the series! I have read 3 so far and they are seamless! This one takes place in 1999! Can't wait to read them all!
Karen
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an entertaining read. What's not to love? A witch (who has yet to fully embrace who she is, and what she wants out of life), is transported back in time to help solve a murder.
A interesting premise with top notch writing.
I highly recommend this book.
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
j jollo