Start by marking “Bye Bye Baby” as Want to Read:
Bye Bye Baby

Bye Bye Baby

(DCI Jack Hawksworth #1)

A spate of seemingly unconnected murders in southern England prompt a high-profile taskforce to be formed and led by DCI Jack Hawksworth, one of the Force's new rising stars who combines modern methods with old-school instincts.

The victims appear as disparate as their style of death; the only link that Hawk and his team can pull together is that the murdered are all men o
Published January 8th 2019 by Penguin eBooks (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Bye Bye Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bye Bye Baby

Ace
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An unusual storyline for a serial killer this book kept me interested in how the mystery would be solved. A page turner with many plot twists.

My first by this author but apparently this is only one of two in this series before the author stopped writing in this genre. I will read the second one, one day.
Svetlana Tishchenko
I am aching for more books in these series.
It's one of those rare stories when you do not really label anyone as clearly 'good' or 'bad'.
It's one where you love all of the characters and hate them as well.
It's a heart-wrenching story as well as a good suspense
Read on,
Fiona, write on)))
Karen
Mar 22, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: australian, crime
In separate parts of England two bodies have been found - both of them horribly mutilated, ritually humiliated... but strangely, it seems, most of the worst of the atrocities are committed after the men were heavily drugged. Aside from the method, which indicates a single killer, there's precious little obvious connection between these two victims, and Scotland Yard is called in to take over the investigation. DCI Jack Hawksworth is put in charge of the investigation, despite an horrendous outco ...more
Trish McCormack
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh this is such a good book! I took it to work and read it during my breaks rather than having coffee and talking to people - it's that good!
Sue
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book as a beach holiday read.
The story involves a couple of gruesome murders, romantic angst etc.
The dashing English hero is DCI Jack Hawksworth who must solve the murder mysteries and time is running out as the bodies pile up.
Interesting storyline, strong characters with a couple of annoying ones as well. Pace was good,plot interesting and overall a great whodunit.
Anne Barwell
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
The story kept me turning pages, with its mix of interesting characters, and an almost sympathetic 'bad guy'. I did figure out who the killer was early on, but this didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story.
GLoria McCollum
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I haven't read such suspenseful, well written book such as this in a very long time. Was reading way pass my usual bedtime. Just when you think you've figured out what's going to happen, the plot keeps twisting . Great story that keeps you interested.
Simona
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is for the paperback version. An enjoyable read - revenge can be harsh.
Denise
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
Margaret
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-challenge, crime
The first book in the DCI Jack Hawksworth series. A great pity that Ms McIntosh has only written two books in the series before going into other genres.

This one deals with a serial killer on the loose. Not your usual serial killer and not your usual motivations.

Interesting and captivating. I sat down and read it in one sitting.
Sue
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this and couldn't put it down. Fiona Is truly talented writing across genres......love all her books!
Kate Bolton
Aug 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read. It kept me entertained the whole way through and made me want to read more of DCI Jack Hawksworth!
Maggie
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant book - couldn't put it down!
Elaine Burrows
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent could not put down. Page turner all the way.
Kerri
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good-read
Great book. Awesome twists and turns. I didn't care for all the character development but overall a great mystery.
Elaine
Brilliant start to a series.
Elise
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's a reason I finished this book in 48 hours. Absolutely thrown off the scent on so many occasions, cleverly written with a very cheeky ending. Loved it!
Piksie
rated it did not like it
May 14, 2015
  • Born Yesterday
  • The Colour of Hope
  • Birdsongs
  • Love and Roast Chicken: A Trickster Tale from the Andes Mountains
  • The Last Witness (Gerard-Kensington Detective #1)
  • Hip and Hop, Don't Stop!
  • Pictures from Our Vacation
  • Total Recall
  • The Duchess Bakes a Cake
  • Friends of the Family: The Inside Story of the Mafia Cops Case
  • Button Up!: Wrinkled Rhymes
  • The Lion and the Little Red Bird
  • The Heat (Wyatt, #8)
  • We Planted a Tree
Fiona writes best selling historical adventure-romance alongside the heroic-romantic, often brutal, fantasy she built her career upon. She lives in Australia but frequently roams the world meticulously researching the locations and gathering material for her historical novels that have international settings. Her books are published worldwide and in various languages.
Her most recent historical fi

DCI Jack Hawksworth (2 books)
  • Beautiful Death