Start by marking “The Reason” as Want to Read:
The Reason

The Reason

Lily Turner was married to her best friend. Trouble was, it wasn’t much more than that. After the romance ended, so did the marriage.
When Lily met Casey Dunlap at a local café, their attraction was immediate, yet innocent, his sexy charm instantly drawing her in. When their harmless meetings slowly evolved into more than just friends, Lily struggled with the magnetic pull
Published January 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Reason, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reason

Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
I love finding new to me authors. I really enjoyed this sexy story about an older woman/younger man. The author avoided a lot of clichés which made for a thoroughly readable romance.

The gorgeous cover and description really grabbed my attention plus a trusted blogger friend highly recommended this book. 'The Reason' had ordinary people dealing with normal day-to-day issues plus a lovely romance, incredible chemistry and my favorite trope.

"I hate he can’t give me words –not even a fight. I gue
Autumn
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lily Turner longs for a very different kind of love than what she shares with her husband - the kind that ignites your body and your soul. Somehow, she and Mark lost that spark or perhaps they never even had it. All that is left is more of a friendship than a marriage. And they both agree that they deserve so much more.

Now they are trying to separate their lives with as much care as they can for the sake of their two children. Everything is going exactly as they planned. Life is moving on. Lily
Amy
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great rainy day or beach day read.

MILF?
Cougar?

Not words I would use to describe Lily Turner. She is just a woman, closing in on 40, with 2 kids, an ex, and another chance of love!

The fizzle is out of her marriage, Lily and her BFF, Mark are trying to figure out the next step in their now ending relationship. They've set some ground rules for themselves so that nothing is a surprise to the other one. It's tough juggling a life, 2 kids, work, and everything else that is tossed at you. Lily finds
Leila
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
The Reason was such a lovely read. And for anyone out there uncertain if this will be your cup of tea. I think like myself; you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Lily and her husband have to come to terms that their marriage is over.

Wanting to make their separation as amicable as possible for them and their children, but due to unexpected circumstances, they end up having to put this on hold. Although they are still living together, they are living separate lives except for co-parenting.

When Lily first
Laurice
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Predictable but still enjoyable
Sacha Fortuné
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it

Sacha's Book Reviews Blog

I accepted a review copy with NO time on my hands to read, and figured I'd get around to it in a couple of weeks... but then I started browsing the first few pages and found myself caught up in the story. (There went my plans for the day!)

This was an easy one-sit read with fast-paced writing -- sometimes a little TOO fast, which was the only reason I docked a star. It seemed like some parts zipped by so quickly that the reader learns in past tense but didn't get a chan
Books Laid Bare
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wasn’t sure what I was getting into when I flipped over the cover of my kindle and started this read but I must admit that by the time I was half an hour in I didn’t want to put it down. I quickly became engrossed and my husband quickly understood that getting me to move anytime soon was a nonstarter – this was a one sitting read and I thank my lucky stars that I had the time to switch off the outside world and immerse myself in what proved to be a fabulous read.

I thought the author handled the
Lynn
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5* Love is Love Stars

I get so excited when I discover a new Author and finish the book deliriously happy.

The Reason by Stacy M. Wary was released on 26th January and I saw this book on Maryse's Book Blog. When I clicked on the link and saw the cover, I was immediately drawn to read the blurb accompanying this gorgeous cover.

This is a beautifully written love story between Lily who is just about to turn 40 and Casey who is 15 years younger than her. Together they have to navigate their feeling
Cecily Bonney
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this read. It was so real and it was full if emotion.

Lily and Mark have been together and married for a long time. They have two beautiful children(Charlie and Joshua) and they fell out of love.

Unfortunately it happens to the best of us and we just have to keep pushing forward.

I love Lily! I mean there was a part in this book where she made me so angry and I just wanted to share some sense into her....but her kids did that for me.

Again this book is so real and once you rea
Sharon
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful way to be introduced to a new author (for me at least)! This is a romance between an older woman and a younger man, that in and of itself is wonderful to read as there don’t seem to be many books like this. These are ordinary people, they have ordinary feelings, problems, experiences and issues to go along with their romance. It’s a really nice romance story with lovely characters who have great chemistry.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily lea
Ewa
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you need a reason to fall in love?
The book is sexy and romantic. Have some angst to it.
The realness of these characters kept me really engaged in the story.
Maybe not typical storyline as this kind of relationship is not very talk about. Why not? Older man and younger woman is perfect but not older woman and younger man. Yes,he was fifteen years younger . Just remember saying “it just the number”..
I enjoyed their journey to happiness .
More book from this author,definitely yes.
Love the cover!

I
VMChick
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great read! I just loved the development of Lily and Casey's relationship and how it affects all of the other relationships in Lily's life. This book has a great supporting cast of characters and lots of good twists and turns that catch you off guard. The journey that Lily goes on throughout this story brought me so much joy - this is a really terrific novel. I was sad to see it end, and will hold out hope that maybe we will meet the characters again in a future novel.
Heather S
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I saw this book randomly on Facebook and then found it again later on amazon and thank god!
All I can say is this - if me and my husband divorce please let us be like Lily and Mark! I almost wish they just worked it out with each other. But then I fell for Ellen and Casey so that changes everything. Some times I found myself a little bored being stuck in Lily’s head but overall between the tears, happiness and sexy times I did thoroughly enjoy this book.
Virginia Lee
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a story about a second chance of love. We see the sparks between Casey and Lily build up. This story does hit on the age gap you can feel the draw in to the book with the jokes, laughter and some sorrow. this story will draw you in with the character and if looking for love story book then this is the one
Ellen
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is AMAZING! Fantastic storyline Stacy M. Wray.

This book is real, it's relatable, honest and overall fantastic. I read this one over a 12 hour period, I couldn't put it down.

This is my first Stacy M. Wray book but I'm pleased to say it won't be my last!

Love it! Love it! Love it!
Melissa
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Why me, Casey?” His frown is instantaneous.
“Why not you, Lily?”
I loved the way the author gave this characters life and how it came into fruition at the end.
Kimberly
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is a good second chance at love read.

Bookish Kat
Jan 20, 2019
Alison
Feb 18, 2019
Stacy Wray
Jan 03, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Mary  Meredith
Michele
Feb 11, 2019
Amy West
Feb 18, 2019
Stacy M Wray loves writing and reading anything romance - Judy Blume being one of the first authors she read in middle school. After all, a world without love, heartache and angst would prove a boring place to live.

Lover of gray and white cats, craver of all things sweet, enthusiast of hiking and camping, wife of an extremely supportive husband, and mom to two amusing adult children, she realizes