Start by marking “Kane (Cooper Construction, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kane (Cooper Construction, #2)

Kane

(Cooper Construction #2)

I know how it feels to lose everything—to watch my world crash down around me, unable to do shit about it. I was a broken man when the Skulls took me in. They helped me pick up the pieces, became my family, earned my loyalty.

Published February 26th 2019 by Limitless Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Kane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kane

Start your review of Kane (Cooper Construction, #2)
Coco.V
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I did enjoy this second opus of the Cooper Construction Series. Kane and Amanda were good together and their chemistry was off-the-charts. I liked the dynamic couple and how they were with each other. Their story had many turns in a long road, but the act of forgiving and the power of love, was worth the pain and the long wait. The good storyline pulled me right in from the very beginning and the well rounded characters kept me totally enthralled from the first page until the last!

💝 ARC provid
Joelle
Let's start off by saying that this author is new to us and we have to say that we really enjoying this new series that is turning out to be a awesome series for us.

We really enjoyed the story as it was one of those stories that keeps you on edge the entire time as you never know what is going to happen around the corner.We really loved almost all the character's in this current story especially all those mysterious hot construction guys .The sick ones well-"I wanted to be planning their deaths
Ana Rita
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my dear lord... I'm so happy right now... Wanna know why? Because I have a new book.
And guess the genre??? It's an MC book... Hell yeah...
Has you could already realize I'm addicted to MC books. I've read my share fare of them and I can't get enough.
Jen Davis has started a series that had the ability to grab my attention and after that I only want more.
Her writing is raw and intense, wild and dark with so much between each chapter.
Kane is her latest release and it's the second book from t
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"I can't go back and unlearn the lessons these years have taught me. I'm not sure I would if I could."

Jen Davis, prepare to be stalked by your new fangirl. I accidentally discovered you, and now I'll be keeping an eye out for whatever word wizardry you have planned for your readers next. I don't see a Goodreads listing for next in the series, but there are more amazing characters at Cooper Construction so I'm sure you have more goodness planned for us. I'm especially giddy with excitemen
Brandy Roberts
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW I loved Kane it is the second book of Cooper Construction but you can read this as a standalone you might run into a minor spoiler and characters from Brick do make an appearance which made me happy cause I love seeing familiar faces . This is a second chance romance that had me hooked from the start I wanted to know why the characters were separated and when we do WOW . We get flashbacks of the couple through out their relationship and what they are doing now . Kane super sexy hero that had ...more
Jolie Vines
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore second chance romance. The familiarity that the couple has, hidden behind new barriers caused by whatever broke them up. In this second book about the men who work for Cooper Construction, Kane is such a lovable hero. He's rough and ready, and a member of a motorcycle club. It's a family connection but one that causes him no end of strife.

He never forgot Mandy, and the love they'd shared.

Amanda is a businesswoman now, and sharp. She has plans and is going places, but she never truly got
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kane and Amanda thought they had it all a love that could withstand anything then it all came crashing down and now 13 years later she is in his life as one of his bosses and he knows he doesn't belong in her world and she doesn't like his but they both still love each other .
This book holy cow , the twists and turns are awesome.
Finding out why is so shocking but the way that Jen Davis tells this story keeps you reading and turning pages just to keep this couples story going.
I can not wait for m
Kimberley C.
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
I struggled to get through this one unfortunately. I didn’t care for the MC stuff, but I wanted to read the book because I read the first one in the series. This one just felt a little too disjointed for me to really sink my teeth into. 2 stars.
Avid Reader
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kane (Cooper Construction #2) by Jen Davis
M/F Romance
Triggers: Domestic Abuse, Blackmail
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This is the second book in the series and I really enjoyed it and felt that it carried a good theme through from the first book.

Kane is living a life he never truly wanted. But, when things in his life went out of his control, he had no choice but to become the person he never really wanted to be. When his first and only loves comes back in
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
The second installment of Cooper Construction gives us more action, more mystery, and another fantastic love story. After years apart, Kane and Amanda have a second chance at love. Their story was full of heartbreak, betrayal, love, and passion.

I knew that Kane was part of an MC but I didn’t realize just how involved. I struggle with the MC sub-genre and this book included many of the aspects that I have difficulty with. While this did take away from enjoyment of the book for me, it was purely d
Carla Smith
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kane has reluctantly embraced the MC life he never wanted after getting his heart broken by Amanda. Now that he works for her, he knows she will always be the love of his life, but thirteen years later neither of them are the same people they were as college sweethearts. Events - along with greedy, manipulative fathers - have changed their lives in ways neither of them ever imagined, and, when secrets are revealed, the outcome is explosive.

An excellent second book in the Cooper Construction ser
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kane and Amanda thought they would be together forever, unfortunately, that didn't happen, and now, neither are happy with their lives as they stand. Kane is now part of the family MC that he never wanted any part of, only hooking up with women when he needed to, with anger still in his heart about the way Amanda left him. And Amanda is her powerful father's patsy, while trying to keep her & her brother's business afloat. It's been 13 years since they actually had any conversations, but somethin ...more
Kelly
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to start by saying that I'm generally not a fan of MC romances (that's all on me, btw. I'm not a fan of the way women are treated in the clubs for the most part and can't put those feelings aside.) BUUUUTTTTT...I liked Kane so much in book 1 I was willing to give his story a try.

BOY, am I glad I did. Kane might be part of an MC, but he's very much his own man. He's still loyal to his brothers and his blood family, but he ultimately chooses a path that keep him and his lady safe. For th
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
OMG WTF DID I JUST READ!!!!!!!!!! Jen you have knocked it out the park with this one! Another hit and I can't wait for more. Kane and Amanda are an amazing story that unfolded piece by piece and it was a slow burn not a fast one that had me on the edge of my seat wanting no needing to know what the hell was going to happen next.

Kane is on the job working when he looks up and sees the love of his life in person not a ghost not a dream he has made up but in the flesh. To say that threw him for a l
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
I was so excited to see what Jen did with Kane and Amanda’s story! I really enjoyed the background she provided in the first Cooper Construction story and was anticipating the release of Kane’s book. Amanda and Kane had an intense relationship in college that ended due to Amanda’s father using blackmail for his non-friendly business and personal tactics. Neither Kane nor Amanda know what happened to cause their relationship to end and after twelve years they end up having a conversation and putt ...more
Julie
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, alpha-males
I really wanted to love this book but I didn’t. It was good and I did enjoyed it but not like the first.
It started of ok. but I found the whole story to be a little choppy. We’d be getting to a really good bit and then go back to another time, back and forth, back and forth, (not a fan of time shifting). I liked Kane but I felt Mandy’s character wasn’t really developed properly, she was strong one minute and confused the next, her relationship with her family wasn’t explained well.
This is a seco
Heather 123
May 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the first book by this author I've read and I'm still note quite sure what I think of it. I enjoyed parts of the book but there were other parts where I was just like WTF.

Let me start by saying I've read a number of MC books so I definitely have no issues with this sub genre.

I found Amanda to be immature at times and motivated by nothing more than Daddy's money which is ironic because she blames her father for using her for his own agenda when she's doing the same thing. The whole thing
Kristie
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Another story about some sort of redemption, bur this time working to figure out who your true friends and family are. This was an okay story but I didn't like it as much as Brick's book... mostly because I really didn't like Amanda. She had zero redeming qualities. No matter what she did, I could not get on board with her. I hated her attitude, how stupid and naïve she was.. She constantly did things and made decisions that made zero sense. I just didn't like her at all so it made this really d ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Kane by Jen Davis is book 2 in the Cooper Construction Series. This is the story of Kane and Amanda. I have read the previous book and feel you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Kane and Amanda were once in love thinking they had everything but then people around them turned them apart with lies and misunderstandings. Now 13 years later they find themselves together with her being one of his bosses..but different people. Neither thought their lives would turn out this way and
Gwen Shafer
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You meet Kane in the first book. I knew his character was going to be intense. This storyline proved that. Mandy walked away from him a long time ago thinking she was protecting him. But now he is all she needs to be strong and get away from her father. Kane is dealing with a lot but Mandy is always there to help. But will someone tear them apart and take their future once again? Loved it. Intense interesting gripping a shocking moment you definitely didn't expect. But Jen made this book freakin ...more
Serena Worker
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amanda has never stopped wanting Kane, but her father is still controlling her, she never told Kane the truth why she left him and doesn’t know if she ever can, nothing has changed, but her brother tells her it’s time to stop keeping secrets, but she knows she can’t. The problem was, since her brother’s accident she had to see more of him, dealing with everything about the business.
Kane knew Amanda was his one weakness but she threw him away and ripped out his heart years ago, it doesn’t stop th
Teri
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I picked up and put down this book so many times I lost count. The substance is there but it’s so drawn out that I became bored. I found myself skimming because I just wanted to get to some action or something meaningful.

Kane - I didn’t understand him. Just because someone was there for you through a breakup means u can excuse all the things you hate?

Amanda - backbone, glad she finally got one!!!!

Brick - love him!!!!!!!!

Evan - very curious about that one!

Cyrus - mysterious and I want to know m
Shannon
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
**3.5-4 Stars**

This is the second book I have read from this author and I kind of feel like I did with the first book in the series.

Kane starts off a bit on the slower side, but there is a decent amount of action and drama and the ending is really good. It's just getting to the mid point of the book that could maybe use some better execution.

This was a second chance romance with lots of drama thrown in. It alternated between the past and the present throughout the book. Overall, I enjoyed the
Lydia H
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Guys, this series is one that you need to devour for yourselves so that you fully understand the epicness of each book. Holy. Hell. Jen Davis is an author you NEED to read, an author you should totally stalk, LOL!! Her words are gold and pure magic.

Kane was one of the secondary characters we met in Brick, but he was just as important as the main characters. I KNEW his story would be amazing, but Jen Davis still managed to blow my mind. Kane's story was intense and one that had me feeling like I
Donna Repsher
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kane is the second novel in Jen Davis' Cooper Construction series and since I absolutely loved the first novel in this series, Brick, I couldn't wait to read this one, but Brick was a great read and a hard act to follow, and I simply didn't think this novel was as good, as well-paced, as cohesive, as easy to follow, or as gripping as book one, but despite all that, I give it a 4-star rating.

As the novel opens we first meet Amanda, daughter of the mayor, and the man she is seeing at her father's
Sandy S
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date February 26,2019

Then my past storms back into my life—and onto my worksite—with spiky heels and an attitude to match. Amanda doesn’t just own the company. She owns my heart.

She’ll always own it. Even though her betrayal sent me into hell
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I couldn't resist starting this, the second on the Cooper Construction series, after finishing book one; Brick. Although this second book is about a different couple, Kane and Amanda, it still has the same characters as appeared in book one. It also gives a little glimpse at some of the members of the Cooper Construction team that we didn't meet in the first book.
This is the story of Amanda and Kane. In their early 20's they were in love and expected to spend the rest of their life together. Unt
Imogene
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Picking up the pieces after the end of book 1 of the series, as in literally picking up body parts, Kane is not for everyone. There is a very clever structure at place. Who doesn’t want to know more about a construction company full of super hot, alpha males with mysterious pasts? The Enforcer for a crime boss was first up, perhaps the ex-special ops soldier, or the silent guy with a family secret may be next. This time, however, is the bikie who never wanted to be.

Kane never wanted to join his
Up All Night With Books
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by: Alysia
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Kane by Jen Davis was an amazing story and is the second book in the Cooper construction series. It is possible to read as a stand-alone but I wouldn’t recommend it as there are spoilers from Brick’s story in book one. This is a second chance romance and an MC book. I’m swooning.

Kane and Amanda met years ago and they fell in love. Only they came from different sides of the tracks as the saying goes. She was the mayor’s daughte
Donna
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Brothers in Arms (Kings of Mayhem MC, #2)
  • Biker Baby (Kings of Mayhem MC, #3)
  • Roped In (Armed & Dangerous, #2)
  • Lead Security (Rogue Security and Investigation, #3)
  • Jase (Men of Steel, #1)
  • Blood & Lies (A Twisted Duet, #1)
  • Her Wild Ride (Red Dragon MC, #1)
  • False Security (Rogue Security and Investigation, #2)
  • Kings of Mayhem (Kings of Mayhem MC, #1)
  • Then Came You (Laws of Attraction, #3)
  • Zandor (Men of Steel, #3)
  • Murphy (Satan's Fury MC: Memphis, #4)
  • Snake (No Prisoners MC #5)
  • Security Breach (Rogue Security and Investigation #1)
  • One Woman (Naked Trilogy, #2)
  • Cyrus (Men of Steel, #2)
  • Rough and Rowdy (Notorious Devils MC, #1)
  • Bayou Devils MC 1-6
Jen started her love affair with romance novels, first as a reader, then as a reviewer and blogger. She launched a romance book blog in 2010 and jumped into Book Twitter shortly after.

She is happily married to her high school sweetheart. Together, they’re raising two kids, a cat, and a dog who is afraid of his own shadow.

Jen spends her days working as television journalist and her nights curled up

Cooper Construction (3 books)
  • Brick (Cooper Construction, #1)
  • Robby (Cooper Construction, #3)

News & Interviews