Start by marking “Promise Her” as Want to Read:
Promise Her

Promise Her

No one knows the secret I’ve buried inside.

When the unimaginable happens, the past doesn’t matter. Only the future. Only this baby.

The grief and guilt are overwhelming, especially when I find comfort in my late husband’s best friend. Taylor Cain isn’t known for letting others in, but he’s here for me in a way no one else is.

Even though I’m playing with fire, his arms are
Expected publication: May 2019 (first published April 28th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Promise Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promise Her

Debbie
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is definitely a departure from this author's usual, but I love where Johnston takes us in Promise Her!

We've met Taylor before - he and his bar, Country Road, make appearances in the Country Road series. But this book allows us to get to know him up close and personal. And I really liked what I see! Taylor is swoony, we know that. But he's also such a good man and a stand up guy. He's dealing with the loss of Henry, his best friend since childhood, and trying to make sure Henry's widow
Allyson ☘️
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I may not be worthy of her or her son, but for the first time in my life I want to live my life with love and no regret.”

4.5 Stars

If you’ve read any the Country Road series or Small Town Heart then you’ve met Scarlett and Taylor...

Taylor.
Bar owner.
Former military man.
Best friend of Henry Gilbert.

Scarlett.
Expecting mother.
Henry Gilbert’s widow.

Y’all. These two. They gave me all the feels!
I just recently read (as in two days ago) Small Town Heart and met Scarlett and Henry. They got under my skin
Brittany Johnson
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We've been anxiously awaiting Taylor's story and Andrea did not disappoint!

In this story you get more depth with Taylor and his story and what makes him tick with everyday things.

Scarlett is amazing and awesome and I just kind of related to her. Being a single pregnant woman is freaking hard! She took it like a champ and I just loved her personality.

I absolutely loved the chemistry between these characters and the angst that they went through to get to their happy ever after. Taylor stepped up
Cassidy
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Military Men of Lexington series. It’s a spin-off series from the Country Road series. It’s a standalone. You do not have to read any other books to enjoy it.

I feel like this book was different from anything Andrea has written. The heroine is a pregnant widow. The hero was one of her husband’s best friends. It’s not your typical boy meets girl story. I enjoyed it being different. It checked a lot of boxes.

Promise Her sets up this new series. I’m already looking fo
Andrea
Apr 05, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Story-Doesn-t-Have-to-End-Teaser-4-2

Different than my other books, Promise Her is an emotional journey of loss and new love. Scarlett and Taylor find hope and happiness in each other's arms in a time others would expect them to break. Sometimes love comes when you least expect it.

📌COVER REVEAL: April 5, 2019
📌RELEASE DATE: April 28, 2019

➡Bloggers/Bookstagrammers sign up for release here: https://forms.gle/yJA73d7c24DrgXEV6
Jaime Reynolds
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful and heart wrenching. In my opinion this is one of her best books. Taylor and Scarlett ripped at my heart strings between the tears I had at the love and adoration they saw in one another. This is a story that you read where all of the emotions come off the page, right into your soul. Highly recommended read that will stick with you for a long time.
Heather
Shelves: 2019
I think this just became my favorite Andrea book.
We've met Taylor before but he was a secondary character. I loved finding out who he is and seeing his softer side. Scarlett knows who she is and what she wants. Events of her life recently hold things back a little. They have amazing chemistry and a great foundation of friendship to build on.
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a NEW to me author & books! I was so excited to get a chance to read this, I've heard great things about it already and the author!

This was nothing I expected. I assumed and boom was surprised. It's a beautiful story of friends-to-lovers, small town, military romance that will kick it up!! The hero is very strong, swoon worthy and lovable! The heroine is a surprise to me, to be honest. It's just not the traditional sense therefore I hung onto every page and every word. I love when ex
Misty
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I have to admit the first half of this book was a bit slow for my tastes. I enjoy a good slow burn but I didn't get that feeling with this one. I felt Taylor and Scarlett's connection instantly and then things fell flat for me for a bit. But after about 50-60% things picked up again and I was totally engrossed in the story.

I love when authors and their characters throw societal expectations out the window and just go for things that make them happy. When this finally happened my tiny h
Aly
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Promise Her is the beginning of a new series spinning off from Johnston’s Country Road series. While this book is a standalone, anyone who has read the Country Road series will recognize the main characters, Scarlett and Taylor, from previous books and will feel like they are coming home to familiar people.

Scarlett is the pregnant recently widowed wife of Taylor’s best friend. As the two deal with the loss of an important man in both their lives, they lean on one another and navigate their new
Gianna Santanello
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Promise Her is different than what the author has written in the past but it is just as amazing as the others. This is a book that will pull at your heartstrings. There’s so much to love in this story. Andrea Johnston did such an awesome job that I felt EVERYTHING Scarlett was feeling. If she cried, I cried. She laughed, I did the same. I really felt all of her emotions. Even though she went through a lot of stuff, she was strong as hell. And Taylor...omg. I just love him. He has his own stuff t ...more
Megan | A Page to Turn
This book will forever hold a special place in my heart, and I'm not just saying that as her cheerleader and her right hand! It's good, you guys.

Emotional, profound, and beautiful. It feels like an Andrea book, but has a completely different tone than the CR series. It has a much darker undertone, and I can't wait for more in the series.
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
Andrea Johnston writes the best small-town romances. Promise Her was a sweet, sexy with light angst. This romance had ALL the feels and I can't recommend it enough!!!! Full RTC 8/24/19
Dawn
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With every one of Andrea’s books that I have the privilege of reading, I always feel she’s one upped herself. This time, she has in spectacular fashion, outdone herself. Promise Her is a story that falls outside of her typical Rom Com. It’s a completely different type of story that she normally writes. It had me wanting more to this story. It had all the feels, her signature humor but much more low key, and some added suspense thrown in. I loved the story of Taylor and Scarlett and hope she can ...more
Erica
Elita Hooper
Feb 14, 2019
Book Nerd Kate
Feb 17, 2019
Andrea Johnston spent her childhood with her nose in a book and a pen to paper. An avid people watcher, her mind is full of stories that yearn to be told. A fan of angsty romance with a happy ending, super sexy erotica and a good mystery, Andrea can always be found with her Kindle nearby fully charged.

Andrea lives in Idaho with her family and two dogs. When she isn’t spending time with her partner