Start by marking “Seduction on a Snowy Night” as Want to Read:

(Duke Dynasty #1.5)

This winter, steal away with the reigning queens of Regency Romance... plus one or two dukes, one heiress, and one headstrong beautyto a surprise snow storm, the comfort of a blazing fire, and the heat of a lover's kisses...

Published September 24th 2019 by Kensington Books

Start your review of Seduction on a Snowy Night
Jen
This is an anthology with a Christmas theme to it, and it includes three heartwarming, entertaining stories from a trio of well known popular authors in the historical romance genre.

In A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter, Caroline has taken it upon herself to abduct a man named Adam whom she feels has wronged her sister. Caroline has taken on the roll has her sisters protector seeing as her parents are no longer with them. Unfortunately, not all is as it seems to be, and Caroline finds out
aarya
Review: https://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/2...

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter: D+

A PERFECT MATCH by Sabrina Jeffries: C-

ONE WICKED WINTER NIGHT by Mary Jo Putney: F

Disclaimer: I received a free e-ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Elodie
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION
Madeline Hunter

Blurb : Caroline Dunham has a bone to pick with notorious rake Baron Thornhilland a creative plan to insure his undivided attention. Yet once in close quarters, she finds herself beholden to their smoldering connection . . .

For a short read, it was an action packed tale with a wonderful duet illuminating the stage.
Adam Prescott has the Christmas holidays all scheduled but everything went awry when he find himself
Katie Gallagher
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
For other fun, bookish stuff, visit my blog!
Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Books for sending me a free advanced reader copy of this book for an honest review. Seduction on a Snowy Night debuted September 24th.

Well, here we are; its not yet October and my Christmas ARC reviews are starting to go up. And from the publishers side of things, I get it, I get it, but I dont necessarily have to like it. 😛

So Seduction on a Snowy Night caught my eye because it seemed like a great way to become
Cheryl
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dnf
Three enjoyable stories set around the Christmas period and concern women who are intelligent and strong minded.
Seduction on a Snowy Night
This features Caroline Dunham who has had to be a strong woman, looking after her fathers estate and caring for her spoilt younger sister. She has a reason for seeking out Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill but things do not go as planned. There are also a few surprises but a very pleasing end.
A Perfect Match
This story also has a strong, clever woman in Miss
Tracy Emro
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful anthology with a Christmas theme and if you follow these authors you will recognize many of the characters from previous books!!

A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter 4.5 stars Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill is on his way to celebrate Christmas with his cousin Nigel, the Marquess of Haverdale and if all goes according to plan, he may be announcing his betrothal to a wealthy debutante. But all does not go according to plan and when Adam tries to help a young woman he
eyes.2c
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charming Regency Christmas tales.

Three stellar stories bringing that extra taste of Christmas happiness into being for those involved, despite the obstacles that always seem to cut across many of the delightful, and often stubborn protagonists' paths. And yes, snow is involved in all!

A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter
When Baron Thornhill, noted rake, finds himself kidnapped and held in a cottage he's somewhere between annoyed and amused. His captor is a rather unorthodox young woman who
Niki (mustreadalltheromance)
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
A Christmas Abduction- Caroline Dunham has a score to settle with Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill, a notorious rake. Her plan to abduct him, thus ensuring she has his full attention, goes well until the time she spends with him begins to make Caroline see Adam in a new light.

I really didn't care much for this one. The heroine was just rude and grossly unfair to the hero for much of the story, not to mention rather illogical, and her apology wasn't enough for me. But of course this was a novella,
Debra Guyette
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing collection of stories! Some of romance's best contributed to Seduction on a Snow Night

Madeline Hunter gifts us with A Christmas Abduction where Caroline Dunham devises an excellent scheme to ensure the undivided attention of Baron Thornhill in an effort to obtain some sort of revenge. It does backfire a bit as she finds his attention to be distracting to say the least.

Next up is Sabrina Jeffries with A Perfect Match. Cassandra Isles is whisked away from a ball by Colonel Lord
Kate McMurry
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding anthology with novellas by three talented, bestselling historical romance authors

There are three Regency-romance novellas by bestselling historical romance authors contained in this Christmas-themed anthology. A description of the setup of each novella follows with my opinion of each story below that.

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter

Twenty-five-year-old Caroline Dunham belongs to a famous, race-horse-breeding family which has experienced crippling emotional and financial
Carvanz
A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter:

Wow, for a novella this had the feel of a much longer book. It was fully developed with engaging characters and a storyline that never felt rushed. I found it especially amusing that a young woman would be the instigator behind the kidnapping of a baron. Waiting to find out why exactly she did such a thing was agonizing and then when its revealed, it added to the drama and angst of the story.

description

I loved both Caroline and Adam. This has some great banter
Amelia
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I discovered that three of my all-time favorite authors of historical romance were writing stories with a central theme, I was overjoyed. After reading their compelling creations, I have been introduced to spirited characters and entertained by a trio of original storylines. I never doubted for one instant that the imaginative developments were not real, as details seem so accurate while individuals have such credible behavior. Each novella held my full attention, and I could not stop ...more
Stephanie (Jump)
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it

A Christmas Abduction by Madelaine Hunter
4 stars. This was my favourite. An interesting premise, the heroine kidnaps the hero, believing he did something bad to her family. The story keeps me interested, but it is always to make the falling in love part believable in a short period like this.

A Perfect Match by Sabrina Jefferies
3 stars. I am a fan of SJ's work, this one was not up to par. The characters were just so obvious, the villain, the heroine being able to see right through it, the cousin
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Seduction on a Snowy Night is a historical romance anthology, with three stories set around the Christmas holiday.

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter
Adam Prescott, the Baron Thornhill, is on his way to his cousins home for the holidays, but before he can make it, he is kidnapped. Once Adam realizes who has kidnapped him, he thinks its because his cousin cheated the family in a matter of horseflesh. However, Caros motives are for a more personal nature, and shes determined to have Adam
Greta Barnhouse
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Perfect Match by Sabrina Jeffries

A good, short Christmas romance with some steam. This novella goes along with the Duke Dynasty series. I have these books in my tbr pile so this was a nice way to have a sneak peak into some of the characters in the family and get me in the Christmas mood. It has a bunch of seasonal references sprinkled throughout and tells the story of Colonel Haywood and Cass. Secrets concerning marriage and twists made this a nice way to spend my evening.
Jessica Grogan
Sep 10, 2019 rated it liked it
A pretty standard Christmas anthology. This is an easy read for the holidays. Sabrina Jeffries novella was my favorite. ...more
Joana V.
Review will be published soon
Becky
This anthology has 3 novellas all taking place during winter. One story each by Madeline Hunter, Sabrina Jeffries, and Mary Jo Putney

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter

The heroine abducts the hero and keeps him hostage due to some information she has about him. Their relationship forms during his 'imprisonment'. There are a few twists and turns in the this story that keep it a bit more interesting.

I think I am the only person that didn't like this story. The premise was definitely
Sheila Melo
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from Netgalley in order to prepare an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

This is an anthology of three novellas connected only by theme of snow and Christmas holidays.

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter: Caroline Dunham abducts Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill intending to bring the notorious rake to heel for his deeds. But Thornhill turns out to be different than she though. I enjoyed this story especially
Carole Burant
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Three wonderful novellas written by Madeline Hunter, Sabrina Jeffries and Mary Jo Putney, that all take place around Christmas time. All three authors have such a magical way of writing their stories and these are no exception.

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter: Caroline abducts Adam and plans to make him pay for what he's done to her sister but plans don't always work out the way you want them to! It doesn't take long before the truth comes out and Adam proves himself to be everything
Kaitlyn Dunnett
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent trio of novellas. I bought this ebook because I love Mary Jo Putney's books, and was delighted to see several characters from her novels reappear. I suspect there were similar appearances in the other two novellas, but since I haven't read books by either of these authors lately, I can't say for certain. No matter. Each of these three stories stands on its own merits and I enjoyed them all.
Mjspice
Sep 02, 2020 marked it as avoid  ·  review of another edition
Nope at the fetishizing and appropriation of South Asian culture.

Salma
Aug 01, 2020 added it
Finished 2/3 stories.
Loved them.
Esme Brett
Last night I was trying to get in the Christmas spirit so I put on some Bublé and read Seduction on a Snowy Night, an anthology of Christmas novellas.

The Seduction on a Snowy Night novellas are: 1 A Christmas Abduction, Madeline Hunter; 2 A Perfect Match, Sabrina Jeffries; 3 One Wicked Winters Night, also by Mary Jo Putney. Heres the situation: I liked the first, disliked the second, and actively hated the third.

A Christmas Abduction: I loved that the nobles doing chores, like Caro with the
Kimberly
Reviewed for Wit and Sin

A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter
Caroline Dunhams family once owned a famous racehorse-breeding farm, but their luck has been spiraling downward for years. Its the last straw when she learns that Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill, has done something unforgivable to a member of her family. Whats a woman to do when she has no options? Abduct the lord in question, of course. Except this supposed villain is nothing like she expected

A Christmas Abduction started out a
Krystal
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
NOVELLA 1: A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter

I had a very hard time getting into this story. It started off well enough, even if kidnapping a Baron at gunpoint and holding him hostage was a bit far-fetched. It continued to be interesting, even when said Baron managed to escape his "prison" (in reality an attic room) and yet decided to remain there any way instead of traveling on to his destination.

I even enjoyed the banter between Caroline and Adam. In fact, I admired both her courage and
Rose Blue
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
As reviewed at Roses Are Blue: https://wp.me/p3QRh4-12r

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter (4.0)
Caroline Dunhams younger sister is pregnant, and has revealed that Adam Prescott is the father. Caroline, hoping to force Adam to own up to his responsibility, has kidnapped him. Though Adam keeps assuring Caroline that shes mistaken, she wont be swayed. Her abduction skills, however, leave something to be desired, and Adam shows that he can easily escape. He chooses to stay, and to Carolines
Lindsay  pinkcowlandreads
A delightful Christmas anthology composed of three novellas.

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter
This was my first work from Madeline Hunter that I have read, and I will defiantly be coming back for more! A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION is a delightful tale of an abduction turned love story when Caroline decided to abduct her sisters seducer and make him marry her, she doesnt expect to fall in love with him! With Christmas looming, will she be able to fix her families problems with aid of the rake
Jessi
A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter
Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill, is expecting to spend his Christmas at his cousin's house avoiding marriage to an eligible heiress who is after his title. He's not expecting to be kidnapped off the coach and taken to a remote location. He's also surprised that one of the two kidnappers is a woman. A very attractive woman. Either way, he's pretty comfortable because he knows that they are going to be disappointed. No one will pay any sort of ransom for him.
Donna
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Christmas Abduction Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill, is on the way to a family Christmas when he is held up and kidnapped by a woman (Caroline) and Jason, a young man who works on her horse farm. Caroline believes he took advantage of her now pregnant sister, Amelia. Snowbound, he realizes shes had some troubles on the farm and helps her. I enjoyed this very good short story with twists and turns.

A Perfect Match Miss Cassandra Isles is repulsed by the handsome Capt. Lionel Malet who escorts
Play Book Tag: Seduction on a Snowy Night by Madeline Hunter -- 3 stars 2 11 Dec 23, 2019 07:46AM

• The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • Who Wants to Marry a Duke (Duke Dynasty #3)
  • Project Duchess (Duke Dynasty, #1)
  • Once a Spy (Rogues Redeemed, #4)
  • The Merry Viscount (Widow's Brew, #2)
  • Someone to Romance (Westcott #7)
  • The Highlander's Christmas Bride (Clan Kendrick, #2)
  • Someone to Remember (Westcott #6.5)
  • Forever and a Duke (Rogues to Riches, #3)
  • Once Dishonored (Rogues Redeemed, #5)
  • A Duke by Any Other Name (Rogues to Riches, #4)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #5)
  • Beauty Tempts the Beast (Sins for All Seasons, #6)
  • A Duke a Dozen (The Survivors, #6)
  • The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)
  • The Duke's Stolen Bride (The Rogue Files, #5)
  • My Last Duchess (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #0.5)
  • The Highlander's English Bride (Clan Kendrick, #3)
Madeline Hunter is a nationally bestselling author of historical romances who lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and two sons. Her books have won two RITA awards and seven nominations, and have had three starred reviews in Publishers Weekly. In a parallel existence to the one she enjoys as a novelist, Madeline has a Ph.D. in art history and teaches at an East Coast university.

Duke Dynasty (4 books)
  • Project Duchess (Duke Dynasty, #1)
  • The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • Who Wants to Marry a Duke (Duke Dynasty #3)
  • Undercover Duke (Duke Dynasty, #4)

Articles featuring this book

The holidays and heartwarming love stories...well, they just go hand in hand. And when it comes to playing up the most...