Start by marking “Seduction on a Snowy Night” as Want to Read:

Seduction on a Snowy Night

This winter, steal away with the reigning queens of Regency Romance... plus one or two dukes, one heiress, and one headstrong beauty—to a surprise snow storm, the comfort of a blazing fire, and the heat of a lover's kisses...

Expected publication: September 24th 2019 by Kensington Books

Elodie
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION
Madeline Hunter

Blurb : Caroline Dunham has a bone to pick with notorious rake Baron Thornhill—and a creative plan to insure his undivided attention. Yet once in close quarters, she finds herself beholden to their smoldering connection . . .

For a short read, it was an action packed tale with a wonderful duet illuminating the stage.
Adam Prescott has the Christmas holidays all scheduled but everything went awry when he find himself abduct
Carvanz
A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter:

Wow, for a novella this had the feel of a much longer book. It was fully developed with engaging characters and a storyline that never felt rushed. I found it especially amusing that a young woman would be the instigator behind the kidnapping of a baron. Waiting to find out why exactly she did such a thing was agonizing and then when it’s revealed, it added to the drama and angst of the story.

description

I loved both Caroline and Adam. This has some great banter betw
Amelia
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I discovered that three of my all-time favorite authors of historical romance were writing stories with a central theme, I was overjoyed. After reading their compelling creations, I have been introduced to spirited characters and entertained by a trio of original storylines. I never doubted for one instant that the imaginative developments were not real, as details seem so accurate while individuals have such credible behavior. Each novella held my full attention, and I could not stop readi ...more
Carole Burant
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Three wonderful novellas written by Madeline Hunter, Sabrina Jeffries and Mary Jo Putney, that all take place around Christmas time. All three authors have such a magical way of writing their stories and these are no exception.

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter: Caroline abducts Adam and plans to make him pay for what he's done to her sister but plans don't always work out the way you want them to! It doesn't take long before the truth comes out and Adam proves himself to be everything C
Debra Guyette
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing collection of stories! Some of romance's best contributed to Seduction on a Snow Night

Madeline Hunter gifts us with A Christmas Abduction where Caroline Dunham devises an excellent scheme to ensure the undivided attention of Baron Thornhill in an effort to obtain some sort of revenge. It does backfire a bit as she finds his attention to be distracting to say the least.

Next up is Sabrina Jeffries with A Perfect Match. Cassandra Isles is whisked away from a ball by Colonel Lord Hey
Mary Hart
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it

I enjoyed all these stories but especially the first one. A Christmas Abduction:
Caroline adbducts Adam. She believes he is a rake and has ruined her sister. I thought this story was the most realistic. At the end the I understood how dark the villian's plans had been and happily his unveiling was a surprise to me and occured in virtually the last chapter.

The second story: A Perfect Match reminded me a bit of Cyrano de Bergerac. The hero needs an heiress the heroine is hiding her wealt
Kate McMurry
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding anthology with novellas by three talented, bestselling historical romance authors

There are three Regency-romance novellas by bestselling historical romance authors contained in this Christmas-themed anthology. A description of the setup of each novella follows with my opinion of each story below that.

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter

Twenty-five-year-old Caroline Dunham belongs to a famous, race-horse-breeding family which has experienced crippling emotional and financial damag
Krystal
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
NOVELLA 1: A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter

I had a very hard time getting into this story. It started off well enough, even if kidnapping a Baron at gunpoint and holding him hostage was a bit far-fetched. It continued to be interesting, even when said Baron managed to escape his "prison" (in reality an attic room) and yet decided to remain there any way instead of traveling on to his destination.

I even enjoyed the banter between Caroline and Adam. In fact, I admired both her courage and
Dot Salvagin
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Descriptions from Amazon:
A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter

Deet's review: He was on his way to his brother's estate for Christmas and to secure a wealthy wife . Caroline kidnapped him and took him to her crumbling estate because ...well, let's just say she had a reason. But that
Jessi
A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter
Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill, is expecting to spend his Christmas at his cousin's house avoiding marriage to an eligible heiress who is after his title. He's not expecting to be kidnapped off the coach and taken to a remote location. He's also surprised that one of the two kidnappers is a woman. A very attractive woman. Either way, he's pretty comfortable because he knows that they are going to be disappointed. No one will pay any sort of ransom for him.
Christy
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An early Christmas present from Kensington Books that gives the gift of three novellas from three great romance authors.

A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter
Believing notorious rake Baron Thornhill has comprised her little sister, Caroline Dunham decides to kidnap him to force him to do the right thing. During his confinement, he begins to find purpose in his life and she finds a friend to help bring her family’s horse farm back from near ruin. Then, her sister arrives…

A Perfect Match by Sabr
Amy Alvis
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter - 4 stars

Adam finds himself abducted on the way to his cousin's for Christmas. He has no money, so can't imagine that they want to ransom him. Caroline has a bone to pick with the baron, and has decided to keep him at her home until he gives into what she demands. But what happens when she starts to see a different side to him?

I really enjoyed this quick read. Watching Adam and Caroline's antics had me laughing out loud. A great way to spend a cold winter
Cheryl
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dnf
Three enjoyable stories set around the Christmas period and concern women who are intelligent and strong minded.
Seduction on a Snowy Night
This features Caroline Dunham who has had to be a strong woman, looking after her father’s estate and caring for her spoilt younger sister. She has a reason for seeking out Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill but things do not go as planned. There are also a few surprises but a very pleasing end.
A Perfect Match
This story also has a strong, clever woman in Miss Cass
Aud
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Seduction on a Snowy Night” by Mary Jo Putney Madeline Hunter Sabrina Jeffries
I loved my time with these three authors and their writings in this collection. “The Christmas Abduction” by Madeline Hunter, “A Perfect Match” by Sabrina Jeffires, and, “One Wicked Winter Night” by Mary Jo Putney each one a fun Regency adventure. Madeline Hunter sharing a tale of what a sister will do for her sister. Sabrina Jeffires and the adventure of mistaken beliefs, old fears, and revenge. Mary Jo Putney with
Vanessa
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like these authors, however these stories while decent introductions to the quality these authors attain, did not make these re-reads for me. All were a bit predictable, and other qualities (writing, plot, characters) did not balance these out. Not DIKs.

A Christmas Abduction by Hunter - This made me go back and read Jo Beverley's "My Lady Notorious" which I highly recommend if you like this. I enjoyed this short story, but found the hero's attitude toward the heroine a little unbelievable and
Mary Hart
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Elizabeth
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Netgalley:

This was a delightful collection of three novellas. I quite enjoyed all three stories. The only problem with this book is that the stories aren't longer, and that's because I enjoyed the characters in them so much I didn't want my time with them to be over. Because they're shorter they do tend to fall in love quickly, which is why I appreciated Mary Jo Putney's story where they main characters knew each other before. Insta love is a common trope though in romance, so it's
Debra Martin
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've just read THE CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION so far and really enjoyed Ms. Hunter's story. Even though Adam Prescott has numerous character flaws in the way he has lived his life, when he is abducted at gunpoint, it didn't take him long to identify the villains. Excerpt, Caroline Dunham was not a villain. She believes that Adam has wronged her sister and she wants the issue resolved. What starts out as a tense situation soon turns into a romance of sorts.

Ms. Hunter captures both Adam and Caroline's c
Angela
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter
I love it when the rake is not the rake she is looking for…Adam has no qualms in seducing Caroline, but another? I loved his nonchalance about the whole kidnapping and he is not so haughty after all. A very cute story.

A PERFECT MATCH by Sabrina Jeffries
A lovely morsel in the Duke Dynasty world. A little Cyrano (kind of) and a bit of intrigue make this story fun and flirtatious. Loved Heywood – don’t we all love rapscallion son who just says screw it but is
Patricia Morgan
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
3 of the best Romance Writers! 3 fabulous stories. These stories have several things in common. They all take place at Christmas time. They are all novellas and in the last 2 stories they follow the last story in the series the authors are in the middle of.
Many times in novellas, I feel as if I'm coming in at the middle of a story and then it feels like it rushes to a conclusion. That was not the case here. These stories all had a beginning, a middle and an end. They were so well written that th
Molly
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who does not like a romance with two dukes, one heiress, and one headstrong beauty and a snowy storm. This book has three books: A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter which is about Caroline Dunham who has a problem with Baron Thornhill. The next is: A PERFECT MATCH by Sabrina Jeffries which is about Cassandra Isles who has struggled with her feeling for Lord Heywood for awhile, plus she is an heiress.The last one is: ONE WICKED WINTER’S NIGHT by Mary Jo Putney which is about Lady Diana Lawre ...more
Nicole
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
During the holidays, love is very much possible, new love and old love. All three authors each give a delightful tale about finding love. Through kidnappings, whether intended or not, each par discovered what they had been missing. Love develops and love returns, though the past can be difficult to escape and overcome. Forgiveness and understanding go hand in hand, for Christmas is the time for miracles. Each man wants to seduce his lady, for she is the only woman they could see spending the res ...more
Anne Morgan
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three short stories by big name authors begin to usher in the Christmas season! From heiress abducting soldiers to cat-napping dukes, these stories were delightful and witty takes on what happens when two people are snowed in together over the holidays. Mary Jo Putney added an exotic taste of India to her story while Sabrina Jeffries gives readers the extra entertaining challenge of seeing how many Christmas carol phrases they can find 'hidden' in her story. Each one has a fiery and independent ...more
Robin
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall: 4/5⭐

A Christmas Abduction (Hunter): Adam is abducted by Caroline as she mistakenly believes he seduced her younger sister. A fun romp of mistaken identities, with two likable leads. 4/5⭐

The Perfect Match (Jeffries): Heywood steps in to save an heiress from a scoundrel and hopes to wed her himself...until he meets her cousin Cass. This one was OK but my least favorite of the three. 3/5⭐

One Wicked Winter Night (Putney): Anthony and Diana are former lovers who haven’t seen each other for 7
Bree
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A collection of novellas written by three seasoned and celebrated historical romance authors?
How can you go wrong?

Each novella is different, and loosely related by "snow", and provides an evening of good, if forgettable entertainment, with engagingly written characters, and stories that will transport you for an evening.

It also provides a teaser snapshot into other works in the authors backlist, or to be released pile, whetting the appetite of stories yet to be devoured.
Caroline
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
A lovely trio of winter holiday themed short stories. The first two stories are so well-crafted, they truly felt like full length novels. Very satisfying, especially the Sabrina Jeffries. The last story was the weakest, or perhaps I felt the writing was weak. I’ve not read a Mary Jo Putney book before, and unfortunately this offering did not endear me to her.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley. All opinions are my own.
Margaret
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three prolific, award winning and bestselling authors have written engaging love stories during snow storms before Christmas. Abduction, kidnapping and second chance tropes for an HEA. Guaranteed for a few hours of pleasurable reading, I would give it more than five stars.
A Perfect March by Sabrina Jeffries a lead in to her next book The Bachelor
One Wicked Winter's Night by Mary Jo Putney
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book.
Lesley
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Three Christmas novellas that are great reads! And even though they are novellas, they pack a lot of romance and adventure into each one.

A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter - abduction gone awry, but they find love with each other.

A Perfect Match by Sabrina Jeffries - continuing her new series, Heywood finds his HEA with someone unexpected.

One Wicked Winter Night by Mary Jo Putney - great reunion romance.

Thanks to the publisher for a review copy via NetGalley.
Amy
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
An anthology of novellas by three of my favorite authors! The common theme was abductions and winter storms. Even though these were novellas, you were still able to get a good feel for the characters. Though hard to choose, I did enjoy A Perfect Match the best. This novella is a great connection between Sabrina Jeffries’ first and second book in the Duke Dynasty series. The next book is entitled The Bachelor and comes out in February of 2020. I received an ARC for my honest review.
Amanda D.
Eh, it was fine? I'm not big on holiday romances, but I thought the anthology format would keep the festivities from getting too twee. And in that aspect it worked, though I had my standard problem that I do with novella-length romances in that it's hard to become emotional invested with such a limited page count.
Madeline Hunter is a nationally bestselling author of historical romances who lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and two sons. Her books have won two RITA awards and seven nominations, and have had three starred reviews in Publishers Weekly. In a parallel existence to the one she enjoys as a novelist, Madeline has a Ph.D. in art history and teaches at an East Coast university.