Start by marking “Seduction on a Snowy Night” as Want to Read:
Seduction on a Snowy Night

Seduction on a Snowy Night

This winter, steal away with the reigning queens of Regency Romance... plus one or two dukes, one heiress, and one headstrong beauty—to a surprise snow storm, the comfort of a blazing fire, and the heat of a lover's kisses...

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter
Expected publication: September 24th 2019 by Kensington

Amelia
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I discovered that three of my all-time favorite authors of historical romance were writing stories with a central theme, I was overjoyed. After reading their compelling creations, I have been introduced to spirited characters and entertained by a trio of original storylines. I never doubted for one instant that the imaginative developments were not real, as details seem so accurate while individuals have such credible behavior. Each novella held my full attention, and I could not stop readi ...more
Mary Hart
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it

I enjoyed all these stories but especially the first one. A Christmas Abduction:
Caroline adbducts Adam. She believes he is a rake and has ruined her sister. I thought this story was the most realistic. At the end the I understood how dark the villian's plans had been and happily his unveiling was a surprise to me and occured in virtually the last chapter.

The second story: A Perfect Match reminded me a bit of Cyrano de Bergerac. The hero needs an heiress the heroine is hiding her wealt
Dot Salvagin
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Descriptions from Amazon:
A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter
Caroline Dunham has a bone to pick with notorious rake Baron Thornhill—and a creative plan to insure his undivided attention. Yet once in close quarters, she finds herself beholden to their smoldering connection . .

Deet's review: He was on his way to his brother's estate for Christmas and to secure a wealthy wife . Caroline kidnapped him and took him to her crumbling estate because ...well, let's just say she had a reason. But that
Laura J.
Aug 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
The first story by Madeline Hunter had everything I love in a romance: a strong, caring heroine, a hero who is in want of a better future, a villain, great supporting characters and a slow build to passion. Caroline has abducted Baron Thornhill with the purpose of having him do the gentlemanly thing: marry her pregnant sister. There are two flaws in this plan; one being Caroline and Thornhill are attracted to each other. Thornhill admires Caroline for keeping her father's horse business going de ...more
Vanessa
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like these authors, however these stories while decent introductions to the quality these authors attain, did not make these re-reads for me. All were a bit predictable, and other qualities (writing, plot, characters) did not balance these out. Not DIKs.

A Christmas Abduction by Hunter - This made me go back and read Jo Beverley's "My Lady Notorious" which I highly recommend if you like this. I enjoyed this short story, but found the hero's attitude toward the heroine a little unbelievable and
Mary Hart
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Patricia Morgan
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
3 of the best Romance Writers! 3 fabulous stories. These stories have several things in common. They all take place at Christmas time. They are all novellas and in the last 2 stories they follow the last story in the series the authors are in the middle of.
Many times in novellas, I feel as if I'm coming in at the middle of a story and then it feels like it rushes to a conclusion. That was not the case here. These stories all had a beginning, a middle and an end. They were so well written that th
Nicole
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
During the holidays, love is very much possible, new love and old love. All three authors each give a delightful tale about finding love. Through kidnappings, whether intended or not, each par discovered what they had been missing. Love develops and love returns, though the past can be difficult to escape and overcome. Forgiveness and understanding go hand in hand, for Christmas is the time for miracles. Each man wants to seduce his lady, for she is the only woman they could see spending the res ...more
Bree
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A collection of novellas written by three seasoned and celebrated historical romance authors?
How can you go wrong?

Each novella is different, and loosely related by "snow", and provides an evening of good, if forgettable entertainment, with engagingly written characters, and stories that will transport you for an evening.

It also provides a teaser snapshot into other works in the authors backlist, or to be released pile, whetting the appetite of stories yet to be devoured.
Jo Anne
Aug 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Three short stories with a Christmastime theme by well loved authors. All were different, but had the theme of misunderstandings between the Hero and Heroine some recent and some past. All the characters were likeable and the stories enjoyable. I, especially, loved the cat theme in the last novella. 3-1/2 stars. Thank you NetGalley for giving me this ARC for my honest opinion.
Pat Dupuy
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three queens of Regency romance give us three tales of snowy wintertime attraction and seduction. It is always a pleasure to read these ladies' stories. Each presents lively characters, interesting situations, and stumbling blocks on the road to happily ever after.
Karen
Alisa Hilde
Mar 04, 2019
Julie
Mar 10, 2019
Madeline Hunter is a nationally bestselling author of historical romances who lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and two sons. Her books have won two RITA awards and seven nominations, and have had three starred reviews in Publishers Weekly. In a parallel existence to the one she enjoys as a novelist, Madeline has a Ph.D. in art history and teaches at an East Coast university.