Start by marking “The Doppelgänger” as Want to Read:
The Doppelgänger

The Doppelgänger

Sandra lost her husband, Sam, and was lonely in this not-so-alone world until she met Sam’s look-alike, Fran, from another world. Will Fran be able to provide all the happiness Sandra has been yearning since Sam’s physical body left?

The Doppelgänger is a metaphysical short story that will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions as the astral and physical bodies clash.
Published December 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Doppelgänger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doppelgänger

Yuva Ranjini
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
First things first, when I see this attractive cover it gives me the hues of soft story. I thought it would be like two long forgotten souls yearn to bond. But to me, it was actually quite witty, to begin with. So the story sets in Santa Barbara, a small town of California. Sandra lives with her son Liam. And Liam has this first play date with his friend.

He shares his little secret of visiting the other world and goes on an expedition to the other along with Boyd. There he learns of the doppelg
Leena Varghese
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of this author that I have read and it was a pleasant, fast-paced read. I liked the paranormal/fantasy angle that gives a different view of life and death, and our beliefs about what lies on the other side. It was interesting to see a colour-inverted 'after life' or a parallel universe that is distinctly different from what is commonly known as 'Heaven' in many religions. The metaphorical aspect of the story was very well put...that we must let go of our ego to find peace. ...more
Rubina
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I have not read many metaphysical books and this concept is very new to me. So I read this book without many expectations. The story of life and after live women into reality is very well written. Ruchira Khanna's books always hold a tinge of philosophy which I rather like. This book too is not a very easy read and it took me some time to get into it but when I did I found myself fantasizing about my own Doppelganger.

At first, I thought it was the way a young boy was dealing with his father's d
Aparna
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Doppelganger is a short story with a unique combination of two genres: fantasy and paranormal. It is a little different genre but really worth a read.

Usually, life after losing a loved one is difficult especially, when the loved one leaves the world all of a sudden and at a very young age.

For Sandra, it was difficult to cope after losing her husband but when she, by chance meets Sam's doppelganger Fran everything changes.

I loved the unique theme of the story. It is a good, short read with a
Kavita
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I went into this story without reading the blurb, but the cover of the book was kind of depicting a love story but it surprised me with the genre.
The story starts and continues at a good pace with no slack or dip in the narration. The concept of the thing that all of us having doppelganger is used real well.

The story is unlike anything I have read...it does keep you hooked with relatable characters suffering the emotion of loss and love.
Pick this book up if you like to read something magical
Reshma Ranjan
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected Twists!

A good quick read with unexpected twists. A very different take to death and love. The fantacy interlaced adds to its charm.
Sudesna Ghosh
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great story that makes the reader think about life, death and beyond. The author has crafted a story with memorable characters and deep insights. A great read.
Paromita Goswami
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Life doesn't end after losing a loved one. It goes on with new expectations and challenges. Ruchira's new book explores life on the other side. Will it be the same or will it be different. Her new short story is a thriller with a twist.
DALIP
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perhaps It’s The Unique Plot Or The Sheer Intensity That Comes Across From The Author RUCHIRA KHANNA And Immediately Connects With The Reader That Makes ‘The Doppelgänger Such A Captivating Read That Is As Thought Provoking After The Read As It Is Amusing While It Unravels.
Even Though This Happens To Be Fiction At It’s Best Yet One Cannot Help But Wonder ‘What If This Was To Really Come True And Death Was No Longer The End But Just A Crossover Into Another Dimension Where One Could Possibly Be I
Geeta Nair
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Backed by an interesting plot and an evocative cover design, The Doppelgänger is a metaphysical short read that takes the reader into the heart of a realm entirely different from the real world that we humans are used to. What plays out is something that the rationale side of the human mind may find difficult to accept. However, look at the story from another angle that of human aspirations and emotions, and feel a tug at your heart. It’s now easy to relate with it.

Sandra and Fran’s story is tha
Nilima
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Read full Book Review: The Doppelganger by Ruchira Khanna on my blog

This book is a multi genre one. A small 35 pages book and I read it in one shot. The Doppelganger by Ruchira Khanna is a story which takes place on many planes/dimensions. Metaphysical Romance with a twist.

I liked that the author showed that life is never easy. The story showed both sides of the situation.The language is super simple. The story flows consistently.

The story got me thinking of the various possibilities. It is spir
Sunita Saldhana
The idea of the story intrigued me as did the name. And a combination of the astral world with lookalike souls does make for an interesting plot.

Having said that, the genre itself requires careful handling and needs to be supported by clear language. Unfortunately, the language is vague and one is left confused.

I would give it three stars just for the plot idea
AANVI WRITES
The loss of a loved one is unbearable and everything comes to a standstill if the reins of one’s life is not picked up to move on.
Let me start with the title of the book. Doppelganger as the title reads hints the reader that it is something connected to the parallel universe. The cover of the book is aptly designed to suit the name and plot. The narration is good and medium paced. Characterization is well justified. Language is crisp and lucid.
What I liked?
Adopting a paranormal concept and usi
Shalini
Feb 19, 2019
Ruchira Khanna
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Inderpreet Uppal