Start by marking “Your Truth or Mine?” as Want to Read:
Your Truth or Mine?

Your Truth or Mine?

Your Truth or Mine? is about the dark secrets couples keep from one another and how a marriage unravels, perfect for fans of Erin Kelly's He Said/She Said and Lisa Jewell's Then She Was Gone.

At their wedding Mia and Roy Kapoor promised to love and cherish each other.

Whilst not perfect, their marriage is sacred and their commitment absolute.

But a knock at the door changes e
Published June 13th 2019 by Macmillan

To ask other readers questions about Your Truth or Mine?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Truth or Mine?

Liz Barnsley
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A twisty psychological thriller and family drama here, highly readable and very engaging.
I really didn’t like EITHER of the people in this seemingly great marriage and for me that made the story beautifully addictive, also hugely real because we all have our faults and the fault lines in this particular relationship are fascinatingly dark.
Having said that I also came up with random moments of sympathy for both parties as a missing woman, hidden secrets and family loyalties divide the pair into s
Johnna Whetstone
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I thought this was such a chilling and riveting read! I had a hard time setting it down and needed to know more! It’s one of those that starts in a way that makes it impossible to put down and continues to make sure that it’s done throughout the book! Lots of suspense, chills, thrills, and shocks! And so well written, because you feel what the characters feel! Recommend to those who love ones that I love!
Will be recommending to the members of Chapter Chatter Pub!
Melanie Garrett
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your Truth or Mine is pacey and twisty and didn’t go where I thought it would - which is exactly what I want in a psychological.

To describe the web(s) of lies and deceit on offer here as complicated is to seriously underestimate this plot. I think I’m right in saying that every major character here is lying to at least one other character - as well as to themselves. I am trying to picture a Venn diagram of this and can only begin to imagine the plotting notes and diagrams that went into keeping
Karen Whittard
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mia and Roy have been married for a while now. When they got married they promised to have and to hold each other in the good times and the bad. Sure their love has had its rocky moments but on the whole it has been a happy marriage. They tell each other everything and have no secrets. At least that’s what Mia thinks until that fateful day when they get a knock on the door and Roy is taken into custody over the disappearance of a woman that he knows.

Suddenly their life is unravelling at the sea
Ashmi
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone.
Your Truth or Mine? Is an excellent novel by Trisha Sakhlecha. I have to admit I am not a major fan of thrillers, but when I started reading this book, I was so hooked, I sat for twelve hours straight to finish it.

What I particularly love about Your Truth or Mine? is how it switches the narration between its lead protagonists, literally giving you their respective versions of truth. The writing is very creative, full of powerful imagery and has an interesting play with paradoxical language. My
Andrea Pole
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Your Truth or Mine? by Trisha Sakhlecha is an impressive debut. Told from alternating perspectives in a 'he said/she said' format, I was fully engaged as a witness to the marital discourse of Roy and Mia Kapoor.

Roy and Mia entered into their marriage, as most do, believing that it would last forever. But when a young woman is found dead, Roy becomes the prime, and only, suspect. The cracks in the marriage are fully exposed, and the secrets and lies hidden within are laid bare. Is Roy guilty of t
Linda Richardson
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I was blown away by this deceptively slow burning psychological thriller. Similar to Clare Mackintosh’s “I Let You Go”, this novel’s first part isn’t very suspenseful, but trust me you need to savor every word to properly appreciate Trisha Sakhlecha’s debut. Part Two gives you bunch of surprises, but throughout the author doesn’t give you a single hint to prepare you for the shocking ending. A solid 5 star book. #YourTruthOrMine
Rishabh
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your Truth or Mine - in short an amazing book with a great storyline! It keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what's next. The plot is gripping and makes you go back and forth and you keep changing your theories till the end! A must read!
Sangeeta
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book.Amazing twists.Was so engrossed reading the book that I sat up late to finish it.T
ried guessing the end, but no way. Truly an amazing book.
Prachi Bhandari
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was such a gripping psycho thriller!! Just could NOT put it down. And the end twist just blew my mind! It truly deserves ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Pgchuis
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
I received a copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley.

3.5* rounded up.

This opens with the police coming to question Roy about the disappearance of an assistant he has worked with called Emily. Immediately there are clues that Roy has been lying to Mia. Then the narrative flashes back a few months to Mia and Roy helping to host the wedding of Mia's sister in India.The author gradually describes the deceptions Roy practises on Mia, but also the secrets Mia has been keeping from him (and
Alisa
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Your Truth or Mine is a really interesting debut novel. I think for me this read more like a family drama/fiction than a thriller, for a majority of the book anyways.

The story begins with Ray, Mia’s husband, being questioned over the disappearance of Emily, a woman they both know. From there we are taken through Roy and Mia’s marriage, family dynamics and lies and how everything begins to unravel. You will not like a single character and it is very hard to pick a side but that doesn’t really mat
janine
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
A psychological thriller full of twists and turns that have your head reeling with disbelief, never knowing who is telling the truth. Exactly what I expect from this genre of book.

I admit neither of the characters in the forefront, Mia & Roy, actually appealed to me, I wasnt particularly rooting for one or the other but I think that made it all the more addictive.

I only gave 3 stars as for once I just couldn't fully picture the characters in my imagination which made it hard for me to fully
Anne
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great debut novel. A psychological thriller which was a real page turner with lots of twists. Just when I thought I knew where this story was going, it took a turn and led down another route.
Taking place between India and London added to the vibrancy and colour of the story. This is a real tangled web of secrets, lies and deceit and the plot unravels at a good pace. Can one lie destroy a marriage or a series of lies ? Is love blind ?
All the different strands of this story were expertl
Ashley Flaherty
Awesome Read

I could not put this book down, just when I thought I knew where this story was going, there was a twist of a glimpse of the past, that made me see I didn't know where each of the characters story's where going. I loved this book and defantly is on my list of favorites. Defantly a great summer read for the beach or a vacation where you have the time to get lost in a book, or heavily the time to read it all at once because I promise once you start you are not going to want to put it d
Ms H Trevorrow
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This classy book is an absolute cracker! I loved the different points of view, it made me think about TV’s, The Affair. The author cleverly goes between the male and female views of what has happened. I love the descent into chaos and the unravelling of their lives as you watch it happen. The sense of place between north London and India is really wonderful, colourful, and vibrant. Classic domestic noir with a colourful British Indian slant. Loved it.
Anvi
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YTOM is the perfect blend of a fast paced thriller that keeps you turning the pages and a detail oriented story that makes you visualize each scene. The author does a great job of writing unapologetically flawed characters, each with her/his own layer of complexities. As I moved back and forth through the timelines, I felt so compelled to constantly pick sides, and constany switch sides.
The prose is beautiful and refreshing. Haven't read a book like this in a long while - highly recommend!
Shilpa
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading this, it was unputdownable. 'Your Truth or Mine' is a thrilling page-turner, with twists and turns along the way. This book is a perfect ode to a genre that is an art that seems to be lost. It was really interesting to see how unexpectedly the story unfolded. The scenes were portrayed so vividly, it was almost like you were present with the characters. Beautifully written, I'm looking forward to reading more from the author!
Simon
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book! From the very beginning you are hooked on a journey full of suspense and intrigue. My heart was in my mouth! The book is beautifully written and the scenes immerse you with the juxtaposition between English and Indian cultures, which are authentically represented due to the author’s own culture. Definitely read this book, you won’t regret it!
Susan Atkin
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I was enjoying this and got in to it straight away. Chapter after chapter kept me interested and I liked how short they were. The ending was a big let down though, very disappointing and such an anticlimax. Spoilt it for me.
Amanda Williams
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really good thriller and it will definitely have you wanting to turn each and every page. It has that old touch of frost feel to it.
Rahul Borana
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Helen
May 01, 2019 added it
I enjoyed some parts and the break down of trust was well done a surprise sort of. sadly the ending though was not that plotted,i mean it was thought out just didn’t make me feel oooh ,it felt disappointing as I know we don’t want to draw too much attention to the character that did it but I cdnt recall them that much at all .i mean it made sense but I didn’t really recall them earlier on wd have liked a bit more on that character .i remembered a scene it not much more
I felt for the female char
Sangeeta