Start by marking “Your Truth or Mine?” as Want to Read:
Your Truth or Mine?

Your Truth or Mine?

Your Truth or Mine? is about the dark secrets couples keep from one another and how a marriage unravels, perfect for fans of Erin Kelly's He Said/She Said and Lisa Jewell's Then She Was Gone.

At their wedding Mia and Roy Kapoor promised to love and cherish each other.

Whilst not perfect, their marriage is sacred and their commitment absolute.

But a knock at the door changes e
Published June 13th 2019 by Macmillan

To ask other readers questions about Your Truth or Mine?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Truth or Mine?

Zoe
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Edgy, cunning, and pacey!

Your Truth or Mine? is a character-driven, domestic thriller that delves into the question how well do you really know anyone and highlights just how many secrets and lies people keep and tell to those closest to them.

The prose is tight and intense. The characters are vulnerable, crafty, and troubled. And the plot starts off with a bang and quickly unfolds into an ominous tale full of love, life, loss, deception, desperation, familial drama, manipulation, jealousy, obses
Liz Barnsley
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A twisty psychological thriller and family drama here, highly readable and very engaging.
I really didn’t like EITHER of the people in this seemingly great marriage and for me that made the story beautifully addictive, also hugely real because we all have our faults and the fault lines in this particular relationship are fascinatingly dark.
Having said that I also came up with random moments of sympathy for both parties as a missing woman, hidden secrets and family loyalties divide the pair into s
Johnna Whetstone
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I thought this was such a chilling and riveting read! I had a hard time setting it down and needed to know more! It’s one of those that starts in a way that makes it impossible to put down and continues to make sure that it’s done throughout the book! Lots of suspense, chills, thrills, and shocks! And so well written, because you feel what the characters feel! Recommend to those who love ones that I love!
Will be recommending to the members of Chapter Chatter Pub!
Melanie Garrett
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your Truth or Mine is pacey and twisty and didn’t go where I thought it would - which is exactly what I want in a psychological.

To describe the web(s) of lies and deceit on offer here as complicated is to seriously underestimate this plot. I think I’m right in saying that every major character here is lying to at least one other character - as well as to themselves. I am trying to picture a Venn diagram of this and can only begin to imagine the plotting notes and diagrams that went into keeping
Karen Whittard
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mia and Roy have been married for a while now. When they got married they promised to have and to hold each other in the good times and the bad. Sure their love has had its rocky moments but on the whole it has been a happy marriage. They tell each other everything and have no secrets. At least that’s what Mia thinks until that fateful day when they get a knock on the door and Roy is taken into custody over the disappearance of a woman that he knows.

Suddenly their life is unravelling at the sea
Gayatri Saikia
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Told between the alternating POV's between husband and wife Mia and Roy, Your Truth or mine is a twisty and addictive psychological thriller. Saklecha's debut has almost all the components I primarily look for in a moody mystery : be it an unreliable narrator, a well placed plot, adequate back story or an unpredictable climax.

The events that unravel in India and London take place in a duration of three months but are actually a repercussion of actions that have their roots sink in deep. The stor
Andrea Pole
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Your Truth or Mine? by Trisha Sakhlecha is an impressive debut. Told from alternating perspectives in a 'he said/she said' format, I was fully engaged as a witness to the marital discourse of Roy and Mia Kapoor.

Roy and Mia entered into their marriage, as most do, believing that it would last forever. But when a young woman is found dead, Roy becomes the prime, and only, suspect. The cracks in the marriage are fully exposed, and the secrets and lies hidden within are laid bare. Is Roy guilty of t
Ashmi
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone.
Your Truth or Mine? Is an excellent novel by Trisha Sakhlecha. I have to admit I am not a major fan of thrillers, but when I started reading this book, I was so hooked, I sat for twelve hours straight to finish it.

What I particularly love about Your Truth or Mine? is how it switches the narration between its lead protagonists, literally giving you their respective versions of truth. The writing is very creative, full of powerful imagery and has an interesting play with paradoxical language. My
Shruti Ramanujam
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love psychological thrillers to the point where I've become quite adept at guessing the ending right in the beginning. But in Your Truth or Mine, I did not see the final twist coming at all.

This is the kind of book you read when the weather's chilly and you have a lot of time. You just won't be able to put it down until the last page is turned!

Read the entire review on This is Lit.
Linda Richardson
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I was blown away by this deceptively slow burning psychological thriller. Similar to Clare Mackintosh’s “I Let You Go”, this novel’s first part isn’t very suspenseful, but trust me you need to savor every word to properly appreciate Trisha Sakhlecha’s debut. Part Two gives you bunch of surprises, but throughout the author doesn’t give you a single hint to prepare you for the shocking ending. A solid 5 star book. #YourTruthOrMine
Rishabh
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your Truth or Mine - in short an amazing book with a great storyline! It keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what's next. The plot is gripping and makes you go back and forth and you keep changing your theories till the end! A must read!
Sangeeta
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book.Amazing twists.Was so engrossed reading the book that I sat up late to finish it.T
ried guessing the end, but no way. Truly an amazing book.
Prachi Bhandari
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was such a gripping psycho thriller!! Just could NOT put it down. And the end twist just blew my mind! It truly deserves ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Rakhi Jayashankar
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, thriller
The plot unravels when Roy is questioned for the missing of a woman. As the investigation proceeds, Mia realises that she doesn't know the man who she loved madly loved. She realises that while she took all the preparations to give him a warm and sensuous welcome post his business trips, he was not truthful her. On the other hand Roy loves Mia and considers her the priced possession in his life. The matters gets further complicated as Mia had her demons to fight with, those that she had hidden f ...more
Pgchuis
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
I received a copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley.

3.5* rounded up.

This opens with the police coming to question Roy about the disappearance of an assistant he has worked with called Emily. Immediately there are clues that Roy has been lying to Mia. Then the narrative flashes back a few months to Mia and Roy helping to host the wedding of Mia's sister in India.The author gradually describes the deceptions Roy practises on Mia, but also the secrets Mia has been keeping from him (and
AlisaK
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Your Truth or Mine is a really interesting debut novel. I think for me this read more like a family drama/fiction than a thriller, for a majority of the book anyways.

The story begins with Ray, Mia’s husband, being questioned over the disappearance of Emily, a woman they both know. From there we are taken through Roy and Mia’s marriage, family dynamics and lies and how everything begins to unravel. You will not like a single character and it is very hard to pick a side but that doesn’t really mat
janine
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
A psychological thriller full of twists and turns that have your head reeling with disbelief, never knowing who is telling the truth. Exactly what I expect from this genre of book.

I admit neither of the characters in the forefront, Mia & Roy, actually appealed to me, I wasnt particularly rooting for one or the other but I think that made it all the more addictive.

I only gave 3 stars as for once I just couldn't fully picture the characters in my imagination which made it hard for me to fully
Ashley Flaherty
Awesome Read

I could not put this book down, just when I thought I knew where this story was going, there was a twist of a glimpse of the past, that made me see I didn't know where each of the characters story's where going. I loved this book and defantly is on my list of favorites. Defantly a great summer read for the beach or a vacation where you have the time to get lost in a book, or heavily the time to read it all at once because I promise once you start you are not going to want to put it d
Anne
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great debut novel. A psychological thriller which was a real page turner with lots of twists. Just when I thought I knew where this story was going, it took a turn and led down another route.
Taking place between India and London added to the vibrancy and colour of the story. This is a real tangled web of secrets, lies and deceit and the plot unravels at a good pace. Can one lie destroy a marriage or a series of lies ? Is love blind ?
All the different strands of this story were expertl
Ms H Trevorrow
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This classy book is an absolute cracker! I loved the different points of view, it made me think about TV’s, The Affair. The author cleverly goes between the male and female views of what has happened. I love the descent into chaos and the unravelling of their lives as you watch it happen. The sense of place between north London and India is really wonderful, colourful, and vibrant. Classic domestic noir with a colourful British Indian slant. Loved it.
Anvi
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YTOM is the perfect blend of a fast paced thriller that keeps you turning the pages and a detail oriented story that makes you visualize each scene. The author does a great job of writing unapologetically flawed characters, each with her/his own layer of complexities. As I moved back and forth through the timelines, I felt so compelled to constantly pick sides, and constany switch sides.
The prose is beautiful and refreshing. Haven't read a book like this in a long while - highly recommend!
Shilpa
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading this, it was unputdownable. 'Your Truth or Mine' is a thrilling page-turner, with twists and turns along the way. This book is a perfect ode to a genre that is an art that seems to be lost. It was really interesting to see how unexpectedly the story unfolded. The scenes were portrayed so vividly, it was almost like you were present with the characters. Beautifully written, I'm looking forward to reading more from the author!
Simon
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book! From the very beginning you are hooked on a journey full of suspense and intrigue. My heart was in my mouth! The book is beautifully written and the scenes immerse you with the juxtaposition between English and Indian cultures, which are authentically represented due to the author’s own culture. Definitely read this book, you won’t regret it!
Sivvy
Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Probably 2.5 stars. This domestic crime thriller had potential but was let down by two problems in my view - firstly it fell into the usual trap of convenient but utterly implausible plot devices, and secondly I really couldn’t stand the two main characters, who seemed to have literally no redeeming qualities between them.
Deanna Walker
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Netgalley for the advanced copy....

Amazing! I absolutely loved it! Who would have thunk if if I didn’t keep guessing what’s happened in the story..just wow!

Looking forward to read more book from this author soon...
Emma Curtis
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A girl goes missing and Mia's life unravels when Roy, her narcissistic and self-deluding husband, betrays her. This is great. I spent the entire bank holiday reading it - could not put it down. It's lively, original and a real page-turner.
Susan Atkin
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I was enjoying this and got in to it straight away. Chapter after chapter kept me interested and I liked how short they were. The ending was a big let down though, very disappointing and such an anticlimax. Spoilt it for me.
LimeCream
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I really enjoyed this. Fast paced with a humdinger of a twist at the end, I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.

Thank you to NetGalley and to the publisher for the opportunity to read in exchange for an honest review.
Annie
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I didn't really care about the characters or what happened to them.
Ameerah☆
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I did not see that twist coming! Woah.