Start by marking “Your Vivid Life: An Invitation to Live a Radically Authentic Life” as Want to Read:
Your Vivid Life: An Invitation to Live a Radically Authentic Life

Your Vivid Life: An Invitation to Live a Radically Authentic Life

This is it.

Theres no better time than now.

Youve heard the whispers perhaps the screams of a life trapped somewhere between conditioning and resistance. In Your Vivid Life Shayne Traviss, Student of Life and Founder of VividLife.me - a global platform for personal development - shares his personal trials and triumphs while giving palpable advice on what worked for him,
Published October 8th 2019 by Watkins Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Your Vivid Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Vivid Life

Start your review of Your Vivid Life: An Invitation to Live a Radically Authentic Life
Kirsty Spraggon
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book takes you on a journey to meet yourself, both where you are now as well as gently guiding you to where your future self is waiting.

Shayne says 'the greatest achievement of all is to know yourself, to have your feet grounded in the earth and your hands reaching for the sky, and to do your best to integrate that in everything you do'. This book helps you to know yourself, asking questions, poking, prodding and lovingly inviting you to look within and 'know yourself'.

Sharing a super
Sophie Losinski
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a refreshing take in the genre of self-help books! Youll be surprised by the transparency and vulnerability in Shaynes writing. He writes the way he speaks - authentically. By opening his book, you are invited into the most intimate conversation of his liberating life.

His book will touch people's lives. In particular, those that may be new on their journey of self-discovery. There are lots of nice reminders too, and take away's as well for folks that have been on this ride we call life for
Ken Bell
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! There are more words than that to sum up how I felt reading Your Vivid Life but I'd be running out of space. This book landed in my hands at precisely the right time in my life. I was going through something that I desperately wanted to share with my children , my wife, and some close friends. Shayne's book gave me the courage to not only express my feelings to those individuals, I ended up feeling empowered and more confident than ever to share my story with others as well.

There's so much
Elsii
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your Vivid Life" is the whisper, nudge, push, medicine that I need to create a consistent, playful and self-honouring process to return to myself.

With humour, candor and vulnerability, Shayne Traviss helps guide us on the path of self-awareness and conscious action by encouraging us to go within - to bring awareness to conditioning; discernment through silence and solitude; and vitality through movement, creativity and play.

Having had a similar experience of losing myself, I explored the world
Linda
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shayne Traviss has given us a wonderful invitation to live our radically authentic life! An amazing book and resource for you to find and claim your own truth, to learn how to ask the questions, and to find your own answers.

He shares his journey with eyes and heart wide open, and invites us along his path of authenticity. With triumphs and tragedy, he keeps it real. An exemplar of getting really honest with yourself first, and then speaking your truth out loud.

This book is full of wisdom and
Rachèl
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your Vivid Life ~ An invitation to live a radically authentic life. At times you dive headlong into the very real stories of the Authors (Shayne's) life which presents us with an invitation to navigate challenging times and to thrive despite them. There was something so familiar about some of the stories, however, the honesty and courage with which Shayne shares those stories is a blueprint of sorts to propel us to question our own path and provide us with the inspiration to do so.

Shaynes
Eloise Morrison
Jul 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Each chapter took me on a journey deep inside my heart and soul and opened boxes that I thought had been locked. The book gave me insight as to what I need to work on and what I need to perhaps let go of in order to live an authentic life. The book is very refreshing in a way that has allowed me to see certain events and circumstances as lessons and not as hardships, specifically, seeing myself as a 'victor not a victim'.

A quote from the book, "Right there, in that place, in that vulnerable
Crystal-lee Quibell
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shayne Traviss offers a truly authentic anti-guru stance to living your best life with a beautiful assortment of shared experiences and wisdom.

Your Vivid Life is the kind of tome you'll keep to reference, and to share with a friend in times of strife and grieving. Shayne gives tangible tips for living your most radically authentic life by being who you really are. He nails the common grudge we hold with the new age communities spiritual bypassing mechanisms by leading readers through the grief,
Brenda Bryson
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your Vivid Life is a book unlike any other I have ever read; Shayne's invitation brings you on a journey through every aspect of your life and allows us to dig deep into the life we are living to answer for ourselves whether or not it is in alignment with who we authentically are.

Through the use of his deeply personal stories we can see our reflection and how our own experiences have shaped our lives. Are the thoughts we have our own or have we been conditioned to live in the way we are? His
George Kallonakis
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author takes its audience through a journey of self-exploration and connects us with his own personal experiences. So real and well written that I found myself relating on so many levels and motivating me even more to LIVE MY VIVID LIFE. One of the easiest and most attention capturing books I've ever had the pleasure of reading.
One of my favourite quotes: "However, those of us who garner the courage to follow our inner voice of awareness dare to step onto the path that will lead us on an
T.J.
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You need this book! Your friends and family need this book! Your Vivid Life: An Invitation to Live a Radically Authentic Life, is a book that takes you on a journey into self introspection and discovery with humour and great careful thought. Author Shayne Traviss, is like a travel guide into the inner sphere of self. While sharing many of his trials and tribulations along the way, he guides us with love, and in a way that reminds you not to judge (yourself and others), but to be more open to ...more
Sandi Grant
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shayne Traviss takes you on a journey that will have you laughing, crying and reflecting on your life, past and present. He brilliantly places his life learning experiences throughout the book in snippets to push you to understand that suffering, shame and unpleasant memories are all part of growth.
Shayne shares many quotes that are sure to end up on your sticky notes as reminders to stay the course! One comes to mind, And until the pain of remaining the same is worse than the resistance of
Alyssa Warmland
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Your Vivid Life is full of honest, intimate stories from Shayne's own life, which draws you in and allows you to find pieces you can relate and connect to. These stories also help the reader to apply the sometimes-complex concepts he addresses in a practical way. Far from a pretentious self-help book, Your Vivid Life meets you where you at, validating the lessons you've been learning and gently pushing you to consider more.

Shayne Traviss offers a loving invitation to face your own fears,
Angela
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Very slow start when reading this book and almost put it down but I kept reading. The beginning was rambling of how this book can help but I thought it took to many pages to do that. Thankful when I continued reading it got better. There are some good points of wisdom in this book that can be quite helpful. It is a common sense and helpful book that is similar to other self help books out there, nothing new. The author takes you into his own personal journey and brings understanding, life ...more
Mareike
Found on spotify.

Like many other self-help or -growth books, the main message here, again, is probably "Break free from conventional/societal beliefs and expectations, live your own truth and don't think or care about what others might think.

Key stones are: movement, reflection, mindfulness. It's a good book, but I sometimes feel like they all tell the same thing.
Heather Bennett
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Your Vivid Life is more of a biography than a self help book. It does offer some good information and advice. It is easy to read and well written.
Paul
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Self help books can be tough because particular authors may not speak to you. This one worked for me. I enjoyed the author's authenticity and down-to-earth attitude. There are very few new ideas in self-help, and none here. But there is still value here, and I suspect some of the stories and suggestions will connect with a wide audience.

I really appreciate the NetGalley copy for review!!
Amanda Yates
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you need a wake up call for your life here it is. Do yourself a favor and pick this book up. Give it your whole focus and really pay attention to what it says.
Mike
Astrid Matsoo
Dec 09, 2019
Allyson Horne
Jan 10, 2020

• Like a Mother: A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy
  • Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
  • Small Game Hunting at the Local Coward Gun Club
  • Pleasure Activism: The Politics of Feeling Good
  • Witchy Mama: Magickal Traditions, Motherly Insights & Sacred Knowledge
  • Spiritual Midwifery
  • Cribsheet: A Data-Driven Guide to Better, More Relaxed Parenting, from Birth to Preschool
  • Orgasmic Birth: Your Guide to a Safe, Satisfying, and Pleasurable Birth Experience
  • The Ungrateful Refugee
  • The Girl in the Woods
  • Das Leben ist eins der Härtesten
  • Dare to Lead
  • Lead Like Walt: Discover Walt Disney's Magical Approach to Building Successful Organizations
  • No Gluten, No Problem Pizza: Over 50 Scrumptious, Pizzeria-Quality, Gluten-Free Recipes—Thin Crust, Deep Dish, Flatbread, and More

News & Interviews

“And such is life, it keeps showing up. However, we get to choose to be victims or victors, and the greatest achievement of all is to know yourself, to have your feet planted in the earth and your hands reaching for the sky, and to do your best to integrate that in everything you do.” 1 likes
“The light the dark. The ebb and flow. This is life - there will be sunny days and there will be storms. But the power is in knowing who you are amongst it all and not lingering in any one place, just staying long enough to find your treasure and realizing it’s within you wherever you’re at.” 0 likes