Start by marking “Vlam (Skin #2)” as Want to Read:
Vlam (Skin #2)

Vlam

(Skin Books #2)

Leora vlucht naar de bossen, waar de blanco's leven. Haar hele leven heeft ze niets dan slechts over hen gehoord. Nu waagt ze zich in hun midden, met maar één opdracht: hun vertrouwen winnen. Hoe kan dat als ze zelf niet weet of ze hén kan vertrouwen, deze mensen zonder tatoeages die hun geheimen blootgeven? Ondertussen vragen de blanco's maar één ding van haar: geen gehei ...more
Published February 2019 by Young & Awesome (first published April 5th 2018)

Maddie
A very classic dystopian sequel, it gave a completely different perspective from the first. Wish the stakes had been a little higher, but maybe that's being saved for the finale!
Lost In My Books
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To zakończenie! Dlaczego!? :(
Kitkat
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Cora Tea Party Princess
Eeek I can't wait for this one.
Steph
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ALL OF THE STARS. I am not sure how to process that ending. The whole story with Leora’s story woven with the legends of the past, her inner turmoil with the outer unrest. Man what a story. I just, can’t manage to find words to be honest.
Kelly
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not only is Spark one of the prettiest books you'll see this year but it's also a cracking read! This sequel to Ink by Alice Broadway is every bit as outstanding as her debut novel covering issues such as segregation, fear and sense of belonging. Familiar characters are back and gaps in their history are filled in for some, while questions are raised for the motivations of others? Leora is learning more of her history but at the same time is still vulnerable and I like that this character, while ...more
Rissa
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spark

Star reasoning

⭐Remember Leora no marks, no secrets, no lies.
The mayhem of ink is in full swing. Leora is running away from everything she once believed and is now seeing a new way of life amongst the unmarked and marked.

⭐Love the writing, it is so descriptive and really draws you into the world and into the ink.

⭐Leora was a relatable protagonist and I liked seeing how she delt with her fathers death and the ink of others around her.

⭐imagery’s was beautiful.

-1 slow going. Took awhile to
Bex
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Friends had recommended the first book in the series, which I enjoyed, and was left wondering ‘what next’, so here we are. I read the book in one evening and enjoyed the way it demonstrated that history (the stories the inked and the blanks tell each other about the others) is very different depending upon who tells it. The story flowed well, I cared about the characters and their stories, I turned down a few pages for the moral insights I enjoyed (all YA fiction has it), and at the end I was le ...more
Muzmuz
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
A good continuation

I did expect the story to have a faster pace and more depth than INK, but it just felt a tiny bit short, the story started out strong but fell into a slow pace before it picked itself up toward the end.... and that ending is what is going to make me read the 3rd book once it out (hopefully soon)
Grace Oldman
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not sure if I’ve ever read a book this fast. It took me 5 hours to go through all 344 pages. I loved this book even more then the first one! Leora flees to featherstone ( the home of the blanks), questioning everything she believed. This was a great sequel and even if you couldn’t understand the first one very well this one was a lot clearer. I loved Alice’s use of the stories of Moriah and Belia and the competition between the blanks and the marked. Definitely a must read!
Liviu Szoke
Parcă un pic mai decentă decât primul volum, ori mi-am coborât eu nivelul așteptărilor. Cert e că autoarea lasă deoparte comunitatea de însemnați din care face parte Leora Flint și abordează comunitatea neînsemnaților, cea a părinților adevărați ai Leorei, trimisă de primarul Longsight, care conduce comunitatea celor care-și tatuează viețile pe piele, să-i spioneze pe neînsemnați ca să le afle slăbiciunile. Numai că aceștia sunt lihniți de foame într-o pădure în care nu se poate cultiva nimic și ...more
Elien
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am in love with the covers of these books, look how p r e t t y they are.

Since the goodreads rating system doesn't share my love for working with numbers after a comma, I'll say my actual score here: probably somewhere around 3,5.

I defenitely enjoyed this one more than the first book, especially the stories that are told in it. Every story indeed has two sides in this book, and I found it really smart of the author to divide these stories over the - so far - two books.

The ending of the book
Holly~ Queen of the Books
3 Stars✨

I’ve waited for this book for ages, and now it’s here I’m really disappointed!

From the beginning, I knew that this book was going to be “a filler”. Just one of those stories that has to be there to lead up to the events of the next, and because of this nothing much happened😓

Don’t get me wrong, it was a good book. But that was all, just plain old good🤷♀The storyline was VERY predictable as were the characters, however there was like two shocks that seemed to be the not so climatic climax.
Martina
May 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: translated
Ehm... What so say... The writing is not too great, the story is derivative and really not very well thought through (even though... maybe it's overthought? not sure), characters not very bright and people-like and... and... the mythology is stupid. And the geography/history is lame. Are the people in this world living on an island or something? How to explain the lack of people and the incredibly small scale of everything? And I do enjoy the genre from time to time, so that's not it.
Anyway, I'm
Zoë☕️
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so good! It was so great to see the world the ‘blanks’ live in and their side of the story. It was so well written and I literally could not put it down. I really hope another book is released for this series soon! I need to know what happens next🤓I would highly recommend this series and I’m excited to see what the author comes up with next. ☺ ...more
Jenni Osborn
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: un-put-down-able
Oh Alice, what a second book! Having loved the world of Leora Flint in INK this was a much longed for sequel and what an experience it is to immerse oneself fully into this world again. A masterpiece in both character building and world creating, SPARK will transport you, beguile you and ultimate leave you gasping.
Viola
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
read this in one day it was so good. can't wait for the third one, though I guess I will have to;)
⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess)
The initial reason I picked up these books was the absolutely *gorgeous* cover of the first one, and I liked it enough to stick with the series. Now I've read the second book and I really liked it! Slowly, this series is growing on me!

Spark is in many ways the complete opposite of Ink: Leora has left Saintstone and is on her way to Featherstone, home of the Blanks, to find out more about her family. I liked getting to know this new community and meeting new characters, and I think it was very c
Valery Tikappa
Ritroviamo Leora dove l'avevamo lasciata, dopo aver sfidato l'autorità. Ora, da quella stessa autorità viene mandata in quanto spia nel villaggio degli intonsi, i non marchiati, per carpire i loro segreti e chissà, forse per conoscere anche se stessa.

Spark, secondo libro della serie di cui il primo libro è Ink, esplora la storia da un punto di vista differente. Questa volta il focus principale sono gli intonsi, coloro i quali in Ink erano stati identificati come i diversi, quelli pericolosi, la
Tim
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Een knap vervolg op het eerste boek. Om de een of andere reden stond het me wat tegen om erin te beginnen - ik weet niet waarom - maar ik was meteen weer mee in het verhaal. Het lijkt sneller te lezen en te gaan dan deel een - again: ik weet niet waarom. Zo ergens rond de helft van het boek wordt er een dreiging in verwerkt die de hele tijd blijft hangen en doorzinderen, echt goed gedaan. Je hebt geen moment rust.
Over de cover kunnen we kort zijn: geweldig, net als het eerste deel. En het derde
 •Siℓvia•
- 3.5 stelle ⭐⭐⭐ e mezzo -
Rebecca Pike
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Looking forward to the third installment.
Jess
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book is SO much better than the first. It’s so long since I read the first one I can’t actually pinpoint a reason why. But I know at the end of the first one I wasn’t interested in continuing with the series at all, I only did cause I saw it as a library ebook so thought why not. But at the end of the second one I’m keen to read the next one!
jane whiteley
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

I am so excited to read the next book! These are some of the best books I have ever read, I recommend everyone who sees this should give them a try!
Mia
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After finding the mother who raised her isn't her birth mother, her real mother was a blank, she becomes an outcast. The government use this to their advantage and use Leora as a spy to report back the Blanks evil schemes. But when she gets there she doesn't find a bunch of violent beings, she finds people who are suffering, starving and need help. Being half-blank and half-marked herself, she is being used to take down the blanks once and for all. Once finding out one of the plans of the Blanks ...more
Laura Bray
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has the best first page that I have ever read. You have to have read the first book to fully understand the plot. This story does have more than one side.

I loved the pace of this book, sometimes you are left wanting more detail about certain characters in certain circumstances such as more details about the Mum and Dad. I love the fables, that’s what makes this story so special.

The author credits the reader with some intelligence and does not keep repeating the reason for the plot and
Diana
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As the second book it gives development. Of the characters, of the story, of everything really.
I liked it, there were some things I was not expecting but there were others definitely too good to be true. And the ending?
I cannot wait for the 3rd book!
16MolnarD
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the first book 'Ink', I was greatly anticipating the return of Leora Flint and the sequel. I was not disappointed. I actually think I preferred this storyline to the first especially with the unexpected plot twists at the end. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing and reading about the blanks and a different perspective to the story/world. I only hope that there is a third book as 'Spark' ended on somewhat of a cliffhanger...
Jean Kirby
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 2 in the Ink series (also called the Skin series, confusingly!).
It is an exciting read and a real page turner. You are never sure who is a hero and who is a villain as Leora stumbles her way through various incidents and tries to make sense of the conflicting stories told by each character. What is the truth? Who can she trust? The reader follows Leora and tries to guess ahead but there are so many twists and turns culminating in an amazing last minute twist that leaves you wonderin

• I'm With Stupid (Stupid Fast, #3)
  • The Revival (The Young World, #3)
  • The Purloining of Prince Oleomargarine
  • Path of Beasts (The Keepers, #3)
  • Le Livre de Perle
  • Grace for Gus
  • Sea Change
  • Meet the Bigfeet (The Yeti Files, #1)
  • Martin Rising: Requiem For a King
  • Magnolia's Magnificent Map
  • Otis and Will Discover the Deep: The Record-Setting Dive of the Bathysphere
  • On the Other Side of the Garden
  • Smek for President! (Smek, #2)
  • Grains of Sand
  • Adventures of a Cat-Whiskered Girl
  • The Naming of Tishkin Silk
  • At Your Service
  • Umberland (Everland, #2)

Skin Books (3 books)
  • Ink (Skin Books, #1)
  • Scar (Skin Books, #3)
“The ink and the oil and the blood swirl into one another as though they were made to be together.” 1 likes
“... Obel pushed his chair back. “Tea,” he said quietly. “Tea is what I suggest.” 1 likes