Start by marking “Bloodchild” as Want to Read:
Bloodchild

Bloodchild

(The Godblind Trilogy #3)

In this epic grimdark conclusion to the Godblind Trilogy, heroes, armies, and gods both good and evil will battle one last time, with the fate of the world itself at stake. . . . The great city of Rilpor has fallen. Its walls have crumbled under the siege by the savage Mireces; its defenders have scattered, fleeing for their lives; its new rulers plot to revive the evil Re ...more
Published August 22nd 2019 by HarperVoyager

To ask other readers questions about Bloodchild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodchild

Mike Everest Evans
The Good: Everything. Seriously. *SPOILERS*

The Bad: IT GAVE ME FEELINGS – I DO NOT LIKE FEELING FEELINGS.

The Ugly Truth: THIS. IS. HOW. YOU. END. A. SERIES. (If I could somehow capitalise a full stop I would use it in this review.) Pulse-pounding drama and action to the heart-breaking end. 11/10, A++, all of the stars.

Review: Bloodchild is the third and final (no, you’re crying!) book in Anna Stephens’ debut Godblind trilogy, published by Harper Voyager. Whilst I would like to extend my thanks f
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Got my signed/numbered/sprayed edition of the whole trilogy!

I love the books overall, a few things here and there I don’t care for but overall I love them to pieces. This last book was a bit of a tear jerker!!

Happy Reading Peeps!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Justin Call
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t read this yet...but then, neither has Victaulic, and if he/she can give the book 1-star without having read it, surely I can give it 5-stars for the same reason.

I’ll change it if I decide it merits less stars – but I doubt that will be the case since Anna Stephens is a fabulous author.
Kareem
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bloodchild! The last book in the Godblind trilogy, the thrilling conclusion, the final nail in the bollock… (if you don’t understand that reference then why are you even here?)

Right, to Hell with preamble – this book gets your heart pumping hard right up until it tears the aforementioned organ out of your chest and makes you blub like new born that stubbed its toe on the way out.

In Godblind we saw the stakes, we saw what both sides were fighting for, and we saw just what both sides were prepared
imyril
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copies
AAAAAAAAAAAH

Also all the other vowels

I'll be back with consonants once I've wrangled myself into spoiler-free coherency.

Full review to follow.

I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
John Ross
Dec 19, 2018 marked it as to-read
Here is the official cover of 'Bloodchild' by Anna Stephens!

Bloodchild by Anna Stephens

'Bloodchild' by Anna Stephens will be released on August 22, 2019.
Peter McLean
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow.
S. Naomi Scott
SPOILER WARNING – This review contains potential spoilers for the first two books in the trilogy, Godblind and Darksoul. If you haven’t already read those you may want to skip this review until you have.

This is the final volume in Anna Stephens’ Godblind trilogy, and boy, what a finale it is. Following on almost directly from the end of last year’s Darksoul, it opens with the army of Rilpor in hiding and the Mireces invaders firmly entrenched in the city of Rilporin, their chieftain Corvus havin
Sachin Dev
Bloodchild ends the blood spattered epic series of the coming of "Red Gods".
It tops off an incredible series featuring some of the most lovable"heroic" characters, blood thirsty Gods and complex relationships, all this in the black shadows of a sprawling war that takes no prisoners and is grim-dark to the core.

I end the series with a heavy heart! I am too heart broken to write a more coherent review but promise to follow this up with something worthwhile. Dancer's Grace, people. It is time.
Stephen Warren
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I mean some random gave it 1 star without reading it so I'll give it a 5 :) the last two I did read and loved, I'm sure this will be just as wonderful.
Ashleigh | Wild Heart Reads
Bloodchild punched through my chest, tore out my still beating heart, ate it in front of me and stabbed me for good measure. Certain beloved characters aren't the only ones that didn't make it through the final volume of the Godblind trilogy and I'll see you all in the light because this book destroyed me.

"He left his sword behind. He left it all behind. He walked to his final battle, stripping his armour as he went."

After barely surviving Darksoul - I think my heart stopped a good ten time
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Copy received from Netgalley all opinions are my own

I have enjoyed reading the Godblind trilogy immensely. It has been a wild ride full of misery, violence, gore and some genuinely uncomfortable moments that make you wince. It is also full of interesting characters who I both love and hate, depending on what side they are on.
At the end of the last book, things weren’t looking too good. Yes, the Blessed One’s plans had been disrupted but the city had been lost to Corvus. Fast forward to Bloodchi
Vigasia
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cried. Three times.

It's hard to believe that this is over, but here we are. And what the ride this was. I think I wasn't so devastated after finishing the book since I finished Malazan series and the epicness of battles and heroism of the last stands presented in Bloodchild is comparable to Erikson's works.

I loved Godblind trilogy from the start. We follow seven PoV's and still Anna Stephens put them in about 400 pages a book, wihout overly long chapters and unecessary fillers. What's more, ev
Rachael Mills
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my most-anticipated books of 2019 and it definitely did not disappoint. Absolutely fantastic ending to one of my favourite trilogies.
Simon Howard
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the conclusion to Anna Stephens The Godblind Trilogy and like the other two books Bloodchild pulls no punches, goes straight for the throat from the start and doesn't let up until your feelings are a steaming mess laying at your feet. Corvus king of the Mireces has won a great victory in taking the city of Rilporin and reigns over the surrounding land, after a vicious siege that saw one of their two dark gods die and the survivors of the city scattering to the winds. Commander Mace, the ...more
Kitvaria Sarene
This book is bloody, brilliant, and bloody brilliant!

I finished it (really late) last night, and I think I'll have to hide in a blanket fort with chocolate, some plush toys and plenty of coffee to assemble all the pieces of my soul back into one functioning piece!

It is the absolutely perfect ending to one of my favourite series. I have no idea how Anna Stephens manages to strike this balance between dark, grim and gloomy, but yet always leaves just enough hope to keep you hooked and on the edge
Steve Howarth
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andy Angel
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This, my friends, is how you finish a series. Everything that has been building up over the last two books comes to a head here and does so in such a glorious, brutal, beautiful way. There will be tears, there will be chuckles, your heart may well be torn in two (mine was!) but we wouldn't have it any other way would we 😜

This is Grimdark at it's Grimest and Darkest and it is a joy to behold
Patrick
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked Godblind - Darksoul was even better, and then this! What a way to finish a trilogy - not the hollywood happy ending by any means with a powerful emotional punch that stayed with me for days.

Rowena Andrews
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having finished Godblind and Darksoul in the last month, my anticipation for Bloodchild was off the charts and it did not disappoint. I couldn't put it down (and have just finished reading it for a second time), and there are some scenes that I know I will be going back to. The perfect ending to one of my favourite trilogies, and one that has given me far too many feelings.
Michaela's Journey into Books
*I would like to thank Netgalley and the HarperCollins UK for providing me with an eARC in exchange for an honest review*
*May contain spoilers for previous books in the series*

This is how you end a series and break my heart into tiny little pieces. This book was action packed from the start and will keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. This is also the most anxiety provoking series I've ever read and I love it.

This book starts off not long after Darksoul ended. The Mireces ha
Peter
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have just finished this amazing book and am truly amazed! THIS IS HOW YOU END A SERIES! So many awesome things happen, I have become so close to some of these characters. 10/10 from me, a full review will be on my blog soon.
Xerxes
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, thank you to the magnificent Kareem for sending me an ARC of this. Thank you and congratulations to Anna for completing this trilogy. I am reviewing this as a standalone, having not read the previous books, but it took quite a while when you consider’s the book length in itself. It’s hefty, and quite nice to carry around with.

I was quite amazed because this novel of grim-dark fantasy was not what I expected. I expected betrayal, murder and morally grey characters. Heck I don’t like
Angelique
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Francesjanelawrence
This is hands down, the best book I have read (listened to!) this year.

The writing...........visceral, funny, dark, poetic, realistic, unearthly, just spanking perfect in every single way.

The characters.................There are so many characters to both love and hate, and I cried and railed in equal measure. Their stories feel real, complete in their jumble of good, bad and ugly, and they are utterly deliciously imperfect in their humanness. Their motivations are consistent enough that you fe
J.P. Ashman
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ERMERGERD!

Fantastically, fantastical grimdark and satisfying finale to a fabulous fantast trilogy of action, intrigue and gritty realism.

Characters relationships develop even more and the build up to the final battle between women, men and gods concludes with an exciting and vicious whirlwind of action and emotion.

I've been drinking red wine, which may inhibit my review writing skills, but DAYM this trilogy does indeed rock my socks.

Anna rules, so do the characters of Bloodchild!
Paul Sparks
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I requested this book on netgalley a while back and was rejected by the publishers as they didn’t think I was suitable 🤔 so I found it quite amusing to find it as a read now after its publication date, apart from that little annoyance I have read the previous 2 books in this series and found them to be very good and great reads, this book continues the good work and I would recommend it unreservedly
Anna Stephens
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yes, yes, I know it's my book. As ever, the rating goes not to what I wrote but to my fantastic narrator, Maggie Ollerenshaw. Once more this supremely talented actress has made my world real in a world I didn't expect and couldn't predict.
I've been unbelievably lucky to have her narrate these books.
Amanda J Spedding
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, the book hangover. All the emotions as this trilogy came to its heart-wrenching and, in places, joyous end. There are moments that will always linger, characters that will stay with me for always, and that's more than you can ask for any story. Goddamn, but I'm sad this tale is over.
Caleb
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A huge improvement on the stagnation of book 2, this escalates the war for Rilpor to a much larger scale. Every storyline was intriguing, meaning you were always sad when one chapter ended, but happy when the other started. A great end to the series.
Anna Stephens is a UK-based author of gritty epic fantasy. Her first two novels, Godblind and Darksoul, are published through Harper Voyager, with the final book in the trilogy, Bloodchild, coming in 2019. You can sign up to her newsletter here: https://anna-stephens.com/get-in-touch/

They say blood begets blood. In the country of Rilpor, if you spill enough of it, blood begets gods.

Anna has a BA

The Godblind Trilogy (3 books)
  • Godblind (Godblind, #1)
  • Darksoul (Godblind #2)