Start by marking “Living in the Light of Eternity” as Want to Read:
Living in the Light of Eternity

Living in the Light of Eternity

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  109 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Take a fresh look at biblical discipleship. Unafraid to ask some tough questions, K.P. Yohannan will challenge you to look beyond temporary concerns of life to what will last forever. Through the material of this book, you will build a solid foundation for genuine spiritual growth as you learn how to organize your priorities in the light of eternity.
Published June 10th 2004 by Gospel for Asia (first published September 28th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Living in the Light of Eternity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living in the Light of Eternity

Brian Eshleman
Mar 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Clearly convicting, and intended to be so. What impressed me, though, is that even with Yohannan's personal commitment, he does not attempt to "play God" and dictate exactly how the reader should respond.
Tammie
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Yes
This book is a must read. It challenges us to reflect on our life and purpose as Christians. It will change the way you look at humanity and life.
Winston
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read at the convergence of several heart shaping influences thus very impactful. Living with an eternal perspective should change your internal perspective on the here and now, what you do with who you are and what you have. Challenging and encouraging!!!
Katie
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-living
Bought this book in my teens. Just finished reading it for the 3rd time. My life is so different now (as a parent) that there were lots of different take-a-ways from this book than in years past. His brief section on discouragement as a tool of our enemy has really helped me this week.

Lauren
Sep 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book changed my life when I first came to know the Lord.
Paul
Jan 04, 2011 rated it liked it
The book is more inspirational in nature than teaching, regarding dying to self and reaching the lost. There are lots of stories, but as usual the book could/should have been much shorter.
Ryan Hawkins
It is truly heart-stirring to read KP Yohannan talk about the importance of living truly and radically for the Lord with reference to world missions and the many billions of individuals who are headed to hell without Christ. In one sense, it is enjoyable to read because he stirs your heart to really feel and want to live more radically. In another sense, it is sobering, because he is right to call me mission-ward and live aware of eternity and the billions of people on the planet.

As for a summar
Christy Bower
Living in the Light of Eternity challenges us to look beyond the temporary to the eternal; to look away from ourselves to the needs of others; and to look at our present circumstances in light of the bigger picture—the eternal picture. But it doesn’t aim to create a guilt trip about how we’re living compared to the rest of the world who needs Christ. Instead, it highlights a number of biblical principles that can serve as a foundation for coming to our own conclusions about what God is calling u ...more
Gary B
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, read-2015
A deeply challenging book by KP. Similar in some regards to KP's The Road to Reality but I found this one to be a little clearer and with stronger challenges to my lifestyle and commitment.

KP offers advice and suggestions as to how one can live in the light of eternity.

His inclusion of quotations from AW Tozer, Amy Carmichael and Stanley Jones are helpful and incisive.

A book to revisit, frequently.

As KP concludes, believers need to do something with the information and perspective presented as w
Aaron Lopez
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Living in the Light of Eternity is a stellar work in Christian evangelization. K.P. Yohannan has conveyed the importance of reaching the lost. He also gives examples and walks the walk.This book is an important tool for every Christian interested in world missions. Highly recommend. I received this book for free as part of Goodreads free giveaway program.
Patricia C Robbins
Thoughts Matter Too

Help me draw closer to You, Lord, for there are disbanding in the balance. It truly is a matter of life or death. Seek the kingdom of God. He loves you, and we owe Him so much.
David Chupp
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eternal Perspective

This is one of my favorite books by KP Yohannan. It is a challenge to look at our hearts to examine our motives; it is challenge to live our lives and make our decisions from what will make a difference eternally and not just the here and now.
Steph Nickel
I was encouraged and challenged.
Breanna Pollard
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads***

the book is great and I loved the topic!
Steph Nickel
I was encouraged and challenged.
Josiah
Jun 15, 2013
Rod Terrell
Jun 06, 2015
Alexandra Brandner
rated it did not like it
Oct 14, 2012
Barry Whitaker
May 14, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Holy Spirit (The Gospel Coalition Booklets)
  • Divine Design: God's Complementary Roles for Men and Women
  • The Alter Ego of Marjorie Primm
  • How Then Shall We Worship?: Biblical Principles to Guide Us Today
  • Women's Ministry in the Local Church
  • Bo: Life, Laughs, and Lessons of a College Football Legend
  • To Do Doing Done: A Creative Approach to Managing Projects & Effectively Finishing What Matters Most
  • Burly and Grum and the Secret City
  • After Lermontov: Translations for the Bicentenary
  • Peace
  • Logic: The Right Use of Reason in the Inquiry After Truth
120926
Dr. KP Yohannan has been crisscrossing the globe for the past 40 years, challenging the Body of Christ to discipleship. His call to a radical lifestyle—with an all-out commitment to Jesus—has left its impact on nearly every continent. To the Church caught up by the tidal waves of compromise and self-preservation, Yohannan’s life message is a fresh word to this generation and yet as timeless as the ...more
More about K.P. Yohannan...
“In the human heart there is a built-in obsolescence factor. It does not matter how powerful and influential you are, how much education you have, how selfcontrolled or holy you consider yourself—your heart, if you do not guard it, will break down.” 19 likes
“Every truth in this world stretched beyond its limits will become a false doctrine.” 11 likes