Start by marking “Goalie Interference (Hat Trick #2)” as Want to Read:
Goalie Interference (Hat Trick #2)

Goalie Interference

(Hat Trick #2)

It’s goalie vs. goalie in this brand-new enemies-to-lovers hockey romance from Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn…

Ryu Mori has had a stellar season as goalie for the Atlanta Venom. So when he’s called into management’s office, he’s expecting to hear he’s the new starting goalie for the team, not that some new guy—an incredibly hot, annoyingly bratty rookie—is here to compete for his sp
Published October 1st 2019 by Carina Press (first published September 30th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Goalie Interference, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goalie Interference

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
If you haven't read the first book in the series, Goalie Interference can be read as a standalone.

Tristan and Seb are present as secondary characters, but they are not integral to the story. More present is Morley, Emmitt and Riu's boisterous, chill AF team mate, who, I sincerely hope, is getting his own book. Morley sleeps with a lot of women, but his dick isn't picky.

I have a weakness for enemies-to-lovers stories, especially when they involve athletes with all their sculpted muscles. Bonus p
Wendy

I absolutely love this series because...hot guys and hockey...what more could you possible want !!?? And after reading and loving the first book in this series, Off the Ice, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one.

grabby hands gif - Google zoeken

Now we've met Ryu in the previous book, but even ifclass="gr-hostedUserImg">

Now we've met Ryu in the previous book, but even if you haven't read that one, you can read this one as a stand-alone....though why you would want to do that is a different question altogether...

Anyways... Ryu and Emmitt don't really get off on the right foot when they meet. Which isn't so surprising since they are both fighting for the same starting position on the team...goalie !! Would you embrace your competition ?? That aside, they are also complete opposites... restrained versus wild ... So many tropes in this one !!

so many gif - Google zoeken

All their differences and resentment aside, they can't deny the major chemistry sizzling between them. Best to do something about it and why not be "friends with benefits".

But we all know how that always works out....right ;)

just sex - Google zoeken

Even though I really enjoyed reading this one, I have to admit to loving the first book much more. For some reason, Tristan and Sebastion showed way more personality and the chemistry between them was almost palpable... It just did not get that same feeling with Ryu and Emmitt. I also didn't get a real HEA for them...I needed an epilogue or something !! I like my closure ;)

I am sure we will get more of these two in the next book, but it isn't the same for me. That said, I am very much looking forward to the next couple, bring it on !!!

An ARC was provided to
postedonlogo
in exchange for an honest review

Twitter_85f instagram-button-1_8f7_fbc 200px-Button_Icon_Orange_svg_1_519 social_facebook_button_blue_25b BB_96x96_bc5

Lyn
Audio....5 stars because I have a thing for Kirt Graves voice 🤷🏽♀♥
Story....4.25 Blasian Couple stars

So this story was a bit more sporty than I like in my sport romances, but I really loved the MCs, and the way the enemies to lovers to friends relationship played out. I hope there's more of their story to come because I'm not satisfied with the HFN ending.

I have to give credit to the authors for not only writing a story that featured a romance between an African American and Japanese man, but f
Hollis
The premise around book two in the Hat Trick trilogy is competing goalies. Not from opposing teams but the same team. One, the more established regular for the Venom, who we met in book one, and two, a recent trade from the minor league. These two are total opposites in personality but share some surprising similarities, not just limited to being minorities in a predominantly white-populated sport.

"People write erotic stories about you two, bro."
"What? Where? Why?"
"Enemies to lovers, man. It's a Thing."

I'm a total sucker for/>"Enemies/>"What?"People
Trio
The second novel in Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn’s Hat Trick series Goalie Interference is an enemies-to-lovers story about rival goalies... on the same team! This is the same hockey team from the first book in the series, Off the Ice, but you don’t need to read it first to fully enjoy this one.

Taking resentment and hostility to a new level, the chemistry between these two athletes is palpable. It’s no surprise that these two talented authors are able to bring it around full circle and turn that animosity
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
Ryu was in love—head over skates in love—with his teammate. His competition.

If it's enemies-to-lovers, color me all over it. This trope is my catnip, and when it's a smokin' hot MM and hockey romance to boot? Stick a fork in me, I'm done for.

The premise to the story is seriously finger licking good; two goalies after the coveted spot on the team. Emmitt is the rookie with everything to prove, and Ryu is the seasoned player fighting to keep his spot. Sound delicious? Because it was. What made iSTARS
Ele
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I loved the first book in the series but I didn't love this one, I’m afraid.

The “enemies-to-lovers” trope was done just right. There was real animosity between these two and it made the sex evet hotter. The steamy scenes had an extra edge that made them super hot which was definitely a plus. It just wasn’t enough to keep things interesting after a while. I did not get how or when the hook ups turned into feelings.

I usually love Avon Gale’s writing and I have liked some Piper Vaughn
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Sports.
Enemies to lovers.
Plenty of steam.
Low drama.

What's not to love?

Great addition to the series. I'm digging this writing duo.

Really, really hope Morley gets a story.

ARC kindly provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
.Lili.

Goalie Interference by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn was enemies to lovers goodness! It's not always a favorite trope of mine, but they nailed it out of the park. Ryu Mori was coming off a great past season and expecting to be the starting goalie, but the team management has different plans when they bring in Emmitt Armstrong. There was so much to love about this second installment; let's get to it.

Highlights:

-DIVERSITY. Emmitt is African American, and Ryu is Japanese American. I don't think I've ever read an M/M romance whe
Eugenia
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a damned fun read!!! Enemies to lovers sizzle!! 🔥🔥🔥

Thank you authors for providing us with two MCs of color! Diversity is sorely lacking in this romance sub genre and I heartily applaud the inclusion of people of color! 👏👏👏👏

I’m a huge fan of sports romances. My favorite of all is HOCKEY! Avon Gale is one of my favorite hockey MM romance writers and I gobble up everything she writes. This book was no different. I couldn’t finish it fast enough!!!

After
Natasha
This was cute, I can say that for sure. Although I did find the plot a tab bit dull and I also felt the end of this book was rushed. I liked the characters and the romance. It was kind of forgettable though.
Fabi
Enemies to lovers hockey goalies on the same team. Oh yeah, I was rubbing my hands in glee to see how this would turn out. Why are hockey stories so hot? ;-)

We met Ryu Mori in the previous book as Tristan's BFF. A Japanese American hockey goalie with the stoicism and drive to achieve greatness as his family expects. He's finally looking at a year of starting goalie when the most unexpected happens.

Emmitt Armstrong is a black man who has just had the best year of his career in
Waleska 'Wally'
Goalie Interference is a OK read.

Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2) by Avon Gale

It clicks many popular tropes
💜Interracial sports romance
💚Enemies to lovers

Have what all romance novels should
💛 Hot AF UST and sexual chemistry
💙 Likeable characters

Why no better rating?
😳Long internal monologues aren't my favorite things and Goalie Interference have way too many. It slows down the story and makes it unnecessarily long. After a while, it's repetitive and that gets boring fast.

Just reviewed Goalie Interference by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn through NetGalley.
Sahitya
As someone who has never played any sport in my life, I still can’t figure out my fascination for sports romances, especially hockey because I hardly know anything about it. But they just make me insanely happy and this book was no different.

I remember reading the first book in this series and liking it but it’s been a while, so I didn’t go in with a lot of expectations. I just wanted to have fun and this author duo gave me that. I haven’t read any other books by Piper Vaughn but I have really
Zuzu
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, lgbtq
This is definitely enemies-to-lovers done right. Ryu Mori and Emmitt Armstrong are both goalies competing for the starting spot. Begrudging attraction and f-buddies turns into affection and love. I enjoyed seeing the evolution of their feelings as they got to know each other. By the end, they took so much joy in encouraging and rooting for each other. In reality, I’m not sure how this relationship would and could play out but, for fiction, I really enjoyed the storyline. You also don’t need to b ...more
Cadiva
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this second entry in the Hat Trick series from Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn.

The goalie is one of those mysterious characters who always seem to be full of cute and bizarre quirks but here it was more a case of two men, both of colour, fighting for a starting spot and finding they didn't hate each other after all.

I loved the contrast in character and approach to how they tended goal between Ryu and Emmitt, they're complete opposites and this played a major part in the build-up to
Kaje Harper
This is second in a series, but would totally stand on its own. Ryu is an NHL goalie who expects to be the starting goalie for his team, the Venom, after they make some trades that send their first string goalie elsewhere and pick up a top AHL goalie to bring into the NHL. But that AHL prospect - Emmitt - comes up to the big leagues with a healthy ego, a lot of talent, and a determination to be the starter. The coaches play it cagey, refusing to tell the two contenders for the position who will ...more
Alisa
3.5 stars rounded up

This was a bit of a mixed bag for me.

The story is told in alternating povs and I immediately liked Ryu and immediately disliked Emmitt. In a way though it helped with the enemies to lovers theme here. I totally understood why Ryu disliked Emmitt so much. I think the enemies to lovers part was really well done and it was a case where they genuinely disliked each other. (So often it's more like the mc's are pretending to dislike each other.) As the story went on Emmitt grew o
Santy
GR swallowed my review so I don't know whether to cry or cry so here goes my second attempt at writing this review:

I love stories with diverse MCs so imagine my excitement when I realised this had not one but two diverse MCs! I just about squealed in joy because you guys know how these romances can be qWHITE the same from book to book.

Moving on, I loved Emmitt. He initially came off as cocky but he was actually funny, kind, loving and interesting . He also went out of his
Adam

Ryu Mori’s within reach of his goal - being the new starting goalie for the Atlanta Venom. He’s trained hard and has the stats to prove it. Until promising upstart Emmitt Armstrong transfers to the team, setting off a race for the starting goalie position.

I really liked Ryu in book 1. He was the calm, dependable, and quiet friend that Tristan needed. He may come across as cold at times, but that’s just introversion.

Emmitt is the opposite of that - a complete extrovert. He’s loud and a bit brash. But he’s equall
Em Wittmann
Goalie Interference (Hat Trick #2))
Grade: C

I've enjoyed many books by both of these authors, including the first book in this series, Off the Ice. Much of what I liked about that book is present here too: clear appreciation and understanding of the greatest sport in the world, likeable opposites attract characters, and hot sexual chemistry. Unfortunately, there isn't enough to the story to sustain a full length novel, and there's so much repetition of events and conversations (
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, m-m
Book 2 from a series which can read as a stand-alone.
The main characters from book 1 are also in this story but more as secondary among others.

Emmitt is the new goalie and it seems Ryu, who is already the goalie, got competition.
Ryu got a strong aversion against Emmit. There is a lot of tension and the best way to get rid of that is to blow off the steam occasionally, with the other.
When occasionally turns into regularly and hate turns into something else they even
Liber_Lady
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***ARC generously provided in exchange for an honest review***

This is the second book in the Hat Trick series and is a complete standalone. The presence of the couple from the first book does not impact the story in any form and you won't be lost if you start with this book. I too haven't read the first book and it didn't take away anything.

This was such a good MM hockey romance. To start with,
Diversity. Check
Non-white characters. Check
Enemies to lovers. Check
Two G
DTM
This book frustrated me...you could say wow, it seems like 2 different people wrote the book and low and behold they did..There is a great story buried in here, however, there is too much telling, too much internal musing...not enough time spent where the MC's are getting to know each other and watching and feeling them fall in love...just telling me they are in love...lines like "over time things have changed" show me those moments, those changes..Some great dialogue here, but just not enough.. ...more
Kelsie
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: like-not-love
3.75 Stars

This one worked pretty well for me. I love enemies-to-lovers anytime, and though they weren’t contentious for too too long I did get some good banter so I’m satisfied on that front. The relationship developed at a pretty good pace, but I would’ve enjoyed seeing a little more steam. Lots of mentioned sex but not too much on page.

You can spot the “big drama” coming from a mile awhile and I didn’t really buy into it at all. Also, they’re still in a secret relationship by the end of t
Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew by: Em Wittmann
In the mildewed bookshelves of my great-grandfather's house languished several well read copies of The Boy's Own Paper, filled with stories of boyish derring-do, some set in foreign jungles, some on nearly-deserted islands, and all (however improbably) involving ginger beer and pork pies. I loved these annuals to pieces.

The story-type that featured more than any other (two or three per annual), the story that encapsulated the angst-ridden life of a teenage boy was the story of "The Boy who Made the T
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
I loved the first book in the series but I didn't love this one, although it had some things I really liked.

This was probably one of the best enemies to lovers book I've read. They had solid reasons for disliking each other and a believable animosity between them. That of course gave the sex scenes some definite steam. Unfortunately for me I just didn't buy/see the "hook up" mentality that they had turn to love. They were hooking up and at some point even began to respect each other
CrabbyPatty
Off the Ice introduced us to the Atlanta Venom and gave us a hot-as-all-f@ck romance between defenseman Tristan Holt and Professor Sebastian Cruz. In "Goalie Interference," we are back in net with Venom veteran goalie Ryu Mori and smoking' hot newbie Emmitt Armstrong just called up from the AHL. With the Vemon starting position up for grabs, there is no love lost between the two goalies.

Ryu appeared briefly in the first book in the series, yet his character seems so lightly fleshed-out here, altho
Susana
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

4 stars

This book is about:

A professional hockey player named Ryu who plays as a goalie for the Atlanta Venom and who, after a stellar season in his team, expects to be nominated as the starting goalie.

However, everything changes when he's informed he will be competing for the spot with a player from a lower league named Emmit and tension quickly arises between them.

Both players d/>This/>4
M
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, m-m
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Avon Gale lives in a liberal Midwestern college town, where she spends her days getting heavily invested in everything from craft projects to video games. She likes road trips by car, rock concerts, thunderstorms, IPAs, Kentucky bourbon and tattoos. As a queer author, Avon is committed to providing happy endings for all and loves to tell stories that focus on found families, strong and open commun ...more

Hat Trick (2 books)
  • Off the Ice  (Hat Trick, #1)