Start by marking “The One for You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)” as Want to Read:
The One for You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)

The One for You

(The Ones Who Got Away #4)

The highly-anticipated fourth book in Roni Loren's unforgettable The Ones Who Got Away series.

She got a second chance at life.
Will she take a second chance at love?

Kincaid Breslin wasn't supposed to survive that fateful night at Long Acre when so many died, including her boyfriend—but survive she did. She doesn't know why she got that chance, but now she takes life by the
Expected publication: December 31st 2019 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about The One for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One for You

Start your review of The One for You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
The One for You is my favorite Roni Loren to date. Fans of this emotional series will be thrilled with this one.

Reading this series is always a bit rough for me. School shooting are too real, too serious, and what does it say about our country that every time one of these books comes out, another school shooting has just happened. But Roni Loren manages to take something horrible and make a beautiful story out of it.

I'm not always a huge fan of books that rely heavily on flashbacks, but it
Hollis
Well, we’ve come to the final book in this story. This series was one I had such huge expectations for, and I’m not quite sure why. There have definitely been emotional moments, multiple in each book, because the topic of grief and guilt surrounding surviving a school shooting is just so real. This is a tough subject and, really, so much of it, in each book, has been done so well. Not every couple, or romance, always worked for me, and the same applies to this final book, but overall I like that ...more
Tracy  C
Ash got most of my sympathies here. I felt his pain in my bones. I had a little trouble warming up to Kincaid. But as I kept reading, I started to understand her a bit more. She desperately did not want to be like her mother, wanted to have that "picture perfect" family. I will admit to being mad at her when she couldn't see what was right in front of her face the whole time. But she couldn't see beyond what she thought she wanted. This was a heart wrenching conclusion the a fantastic series.
Katie
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A review copy of this novel was provided for free in exchange for an honest review. This review was copied from my romance novel review blog: romanticallyinclinedreviews.com

Wow. I'm going to be singing the praises of the fourth book in this series until the cows come home. No joke. Every book in The Ones Who Got Away series has stolen my breath, but leave it to the best friends to lovers trope to really twist that knife (hell, best friends to lovers is like... my least favorite trope!)

But how
Samantha (WLABB)
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 Stars

I have throughly enjoyed this entire series, but I always felt the heart of this group of survivors was Kincaid. She was the one, who brought the group back together after so many years, and she was the one, who pushed them to fulfill those promises they made to themselves after the attack. I really needed Kincaid's story to reflect her and her role in this series, and I am happy to find that Loren injected lots warmth and joy into this tale.

Kincaid and Ash had been best
Elenasbookblog
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
You can also read my review here: http://elenasbookblog.com/new-review-...

This series by Roni Loren is certainly for us, romance lovers! Her books are heartwarming and unforgettable! I cannot believe that this series is coming to an end and I am so excited I gave a chance to an author I did not know, because I have loved these books. The One For You is a friends to lovers story that is emotional and sweet.

Kincaid is the last girl who is given a second chance at love and life. Kincaid has
Dísir
Following the characters of a fictional town that still bears the scars of a school shooting over a decade ago has put Roni Loren on my radar. 4 books into the series, Loren still tells powerful stories of what it means to grieve, to nurture memories that are both good and bad, and even to tell oneself certain reconstructed tales laced with rum so that life gets easier to deal with as the years go by.

‘The One For You’ seems like Roni Loren’s final book of a difficult and poignant series, closing
Peggy Jaeger
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A special thank you to Netgalley and Sourcebooks for allowing me a sneak peek at the fourth book in Roni Loren’s The Ones Who Got away series. I’ve been a huge fan of this series since book one and this one, THE ONE FOR YOU, is my favorite to date.

When their school promo was destroyed by two classmates with guns, the students of Long Acre high school who survived were lucky to be alive. But the scars of that horrible night have lived within them all these years.

For best friends Kincaid Breslin
Nelle @ Nelle's Nightstand Blog
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 19-arc, 19-read
I'm sad to see this series end but these ladies deserve their happiness. Throughout the series we get this wonderful friendship born of tragedy. It warms the heart.

Kincaid was the cheerleader of the group, aways peppy ad so talkative. It waa nice to get to see under that facade to see the feelings beneath. I felt heartbroken for Ash, to love like that, be still my heart, even as an 18 year old he was the best freaking man!

This was the perfect ending to this series.
Samantha Brody
I just love this series so much—and as mass shootings become (unfortunately) so much more of our every day lives, I love the grace and compassion with which this story treats the aftermath and lives of survivors.

Kincaid is my girl so I loved seeing her get her happy ending (even if this trope isn’t my favorite). I’m sad to see the series end.
Shelby
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Ash Isaacs and Kincaid Breslin were childhood best friends who both had a love for reading, and ended up working at the same bookstore in town during high school. While Kincaid had her sights set on the popular and hot Graham, Ash hopelessly loved his best friend from afar.

But 14-years ago, Long Acre was struck by tragedy when during Ash and Kincaid’s high school prom, two students opened fire. The school shooting not only took Graham away from Kincaid, but it ultimately decimated Ash and
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
I adore this series. I also devour everything that Roni Loren writes. She has such a gift at telling stories. The thing about this series I like the most is so often tragedy happens like in this case a school shooting but we don't get to see the aftermath as a group of people whom become unlikely friends.

Finally we get Kincaid's story. In the last three books, Kincaid has been the champion for all her friends but we never really get to know Kincaid. Finally here we do. Kincaid is always fun
nick

4.5/5

Bawled like a baby at the epilogue! I'm so sad that this series is over.
Emilie lafleur
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I completly love roni loren's book. I am so grateful netgalley gace me the opportynity to review this one.
I love that this book revisites the characters of roni's past book. The setting is in the same small town as before, where a school mass shooting occured. You Don't have to read the other books to enjoy this one, but if you did, you will find some of the secondary characters that you loved and get to get a glimpse of their life now. The story of kinkaid and ash was very cute and I got
C bond
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The end. The end of an amazing series. I loved Kincaid, the girl was awesome.
Devon
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this was my absolute fave in this series. The ups and downs and trusts and turns. Kincaid and Ash were made for each other from day 1! Loved it. Hope there is more to this series!!
Christina
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

If you haven't read this series, what are you waiting for? Yes, the content may be hard at times, but these are some of the best books I've read because of it!!!

The long anticipated wait is over! Finally! Finally we get Kincaid's story. And what a story it is. Turns out that the usual bubbly friend who has been there for her friends in their most needed times, has some unresolved issues herself. It's about time she faces
Kendall
Oh my gosh this was so cute! I'm sad that I haven't read the previous books in this series! But, on to the other books I go!! :)

Roni Loren is quite the master of story telling my friends. I have been getting into many romance novels lately and am so impressed by her writing style. The content was a little hard due to the shootings... and unfortunately we have so many shootings going on right now :(.

I am really interested to go back and see how each character deals with the aftermath of the
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: This review is for an ARC and is my unbiased opinion.

Roni Loren saved the best for last with The One for You. It is by far my favorite book in The Ones Who Got Away series. I want to say there was something so special about it, but it wasn’t just one thing. It was the whole package.

Kincaid has always been the character who stood out for me throughout the whole series. She’s the reason why I kept reading the series because I didn’t want to miss out on
Jessica (the naptime writer)
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Netgalley but all opinions provided are my own.

Roni Loren’s emotional friends to lovers to enemies-ish to lovers story The One for You has what will be catnip for a lot of romance lovers: a second chance story featuring two former best friends, both of whom were resilient against great challenges even before the famous high school shooting the night of their prom that brought everything tumbling down. It’s a story of reclaiming dreams and being
Manoela
4 Stars

The one for You tells the story of Kincaid and is one of the most anticipated books of 2019 for me . And as soon as I finished reading this story, I can only think that the ending for this series it was perfect...

full review will be posted closest to the release.

I Received an unreleased copy of this book
Jenica
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series finale was my favorite of the entire series, which makes sense because Kincaid is my favorite character and this is finally her book!

Kincaid is pretty positive she’s too much and is never going to find her one true love because her high school sweetheart was one of the individuals who died during the Long Acre prom night horror. But her estranged best friend is back in town and they’re thrown together and wow, that chemistry!

I think this book is not going to be for everyone though.
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read
A strong finale. Review to come for the blog.
Claire Mc Partlin
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've really enjoyed all this series, but I think this was my favourite.

If the thought of reading books about a school shooting puts you off don't let it, because whilst it is mentioned and does affect all the characters in one way or another, it isn't the whole focus of the book, or any in this series, although obviously it is the underlying fact that brought the group of friends together, but it's handled really sympathetically.

This book is about Kincaid and Ash who were best friends in high
Sherry
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***Thank you to NetGalley, Sourcebooks Casablanca and Roni Loren for the arc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.***

Kincaid and Ashton were best friends whose friendship fell apart after a school shooting. Now, years later, Ash returns to their hometown where their paths cross. Kincaid forgives Ash for leaving so they can be friends again. The problem is that there was always more to Ash’s feelings for Kincaid than friendship, and there are still secrets and ghosts coming between them.

I have
LianaReads blog
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story in the series and maybe one of my favourite books of the year as well.
It's amazing how some authors manage to create a world out of tragedy for so many characters that are meant to be together.
This one is about Kincaid and Ashton, best friends in high school that were forced to live their life with the guilt and feelings of being a survivor of those tragic moments when many of their friends passed away, including her then-boyfriend.
It's a story full of angst and a lesson
Kim
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
Kincaid Breslin lost both her boyfriend and best friend due to the Long Acre shooting but in different ways. One was gone forever and one left town.

Ashton Isaacs always planned on leaving Long Acre, but after the tragic events and another incident, he took off and did not look back. He always loved Kincaid but was always just the sidekick. He followed his dreams of traveling and being a writer, but now his life is in transition so he is home in the interim.

Kincaid stayed and is a real
MMill
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kincaid and her ex-best friend, Ash, have been estranged since the school shooting that turned both of their lives upside down. He's now a successful author who travels the globe writing thrillers in exotic locations, and she's a real estate agent who just bought one of her own listings (that she can't afford) out from under a client in the hopes of turning it into a B&B. When their former employers need help fixing up their bookstore to get it ready to sell, there's no way Kincaid or Ash ...more
Misty
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is a tear jerker and a new beginning story between two people that survived a tragedy. Kincaid and Ash were best friends until that fateful night. Kincaid Breslin wasn't supposed to survive the night of her school's prom night shooting. Her best friend Ashton Isaacs stepped in and saved her life.

Ash had been in love with Kincaid for as long as he could remember, he put aside his feelings and helped her get the guy she wanted by writing secret admirer card and left them in the book
Christina Montminy
WOW!!!! This was a wonderful book & a fantastic series. I'm charged with emotions so strong after reading this book, what a great way to end this series. I enjoyed this book so much it's hard to put into words just how much. Definitely keep a box of Kleenex on hand while reading this book(entire series), I went through a 1/4 of a box of Kleenex just on the epilogue alone. Sadness was a strong emotion throughout it mostly because of Ash's unrequited love for Kincaid all these years. I laughed ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Not the Girl You Marry
  • Yours in Scandal (Man of the Year, #1)
  • We Met in December
  • Husband Material
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission (Boots and Bouquets, #0.5)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • Regretting You
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • In Five Years
  • Anyone But Cade (Anyone But... #2)
  • Love Lettering
  • Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion, #2)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Outmatched
Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. She holds a master’s degree in social work and spent years as a mental health counselor, but now she writes full time from her cozy office in Dallas, Texas where ...more

The Ones Who Got Away (4 books)
  • The Ones Who Got Away (The Ones Who Got Away, #1)
  • The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2)
  • The One You Fight For (The Ones Who Got Away, #3)