Start by marking “The One for You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)” as Want to Read:
The One for You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)

The One for You

(The Ones Who Got Away #4)

The highly-anticipated fourth book in Roni Loren's unforgettable The Ones Who Got Away series.

She got a second chance at life.
Will she take a second chance at love?

Kincaid Breslin wasn't supposed to survive that fateful night at Long Acre when so many died, including her boyfriend—but survive she did. She doesn't know why she got that chance, but now she takes life by the
Published December 31st 2019 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about The One for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One for You

Start your review of The One for You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
The One for You is my favorite Roni Loren to date. Fans of this emotional series will be thrilled with this one.

Reading this series is always a bit rough for me. School shooting are too real, too serious, and what does it say about our country that every time one of these books comes out, another school shooting has just happened. But Roni Loren manages to take something horrible and make a beautiful story out of it.

I'm not always a huge fan of books that rely heavily on flashbacks, but it
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

THEMES & TROPES: Friends to Lovers
RATING: 3.5 Stars
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

Mass killings are so incredibly heartbreaking because the people who are injured and killed are innocent and many times don't even know why they are being attacked. This year, the number of these killings has reached a new high, with the first one having been only 19
Hollis
Well, we’ve come to the final book in this story. This series was one I had such huge expectations for, and I’m not quite sure why. There have definitely been emotional moments, multiple in each book, because the topic of grief and guilt surrounding surviving a school shooting is just so real. This is a tough subject and, really, so much of it, in each book, has been done so well. Not every couple, or romance, always worked for me, and the same applies to this final book, but overall I like that ...more
b.andherbooks
I am at once bereft and joyful having read the final book for for The Ones Who Got Away series. So many emotions and I'm misty eyed that this group of friends have reached their final HEA. For a series based on a friend group brought together for the anniversary of the school shooting they all survived, Loren does an amazing job of keeping things emotional yet never too heavy that you cannot see the light coming. Bravo.

I've been eagerly awaiting Kincaid's story the most, as she is the crux of
Katie
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A review copy of this novel was provided for free in exchange for an honest review. This review was copied from my romance novel review blog: romanticallyinclinedreviews.com

Wow. I'm going to be singing the praises of the fourth book in this series until the cows come home. No joke. Every book in The Ones Who Got Away series has stolen my breath, but leave it to the best friends to lovers trope to really twist that knife (hell, best friends to lovers is like... my least favorite trope!)

But how
Tracy  C
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ash got most of my sympathies here. I felt his pain in my bones. I had a little trouble warming up to Kincaid. But as I kept reading, I started to understand her a bit more. She desperately did not want to be like her mother, wanted to have that "picture perfect" family. I will admit to being mad at her when she couldn't see what was right in front of her face the whole time. But she couldn't see beyond what she thought she wanted. This was a heart wrenching conclusion the a fantastic series.
Samantha (WLABB)
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 Stars

I have throughly enjoyed this entire series, but I always felt the heart of this group of survivors was Kincaid. She was the one, who brought the group back together after so many years, and she was the one, who pushed them to fulfill those promises they made to themselves after the attack. I really needed Kincaid's story to reflect her and her role in this series, and I am happy to find that Loren injected lots warmth and joy into this tale.

Kincaid and Ash had been best
Bookphenomena (Micky)
THE ONE FOR YOU was a strong finale to this series that I have enjoyed overall. For me, this final book was as enjoyable as the first book, my other favourite in the series. It has been good to see completion of all the characters from Long Acre and catch up on those from previous books.

This story took some getting into for me. I liked the storyline immediately, both the characters of Kincaid (who I’ve liked from the other books) and Ash were engaging but I found the pacing off initially. It
Elenasbookblog
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
You can also read my review here: http://elenasbookblog.com/new-review-...

This series by Roni Loren is certainly for us, romance lovers! Her books are heartwarming and unforgettable! I cannot believe that this series is coming to an end and I am so excited I gave a chance to an author I did not know, because I have loved these books. The One For You is a friends to lovers story that is emotional and sweet.

Kincaid is the last girl who is given a second chance at love and life. Kincaid has
Sophia
Who knew that a romance series based on a dark event like a high school shooting, the survivors, and the wide array of those left in the aftermath would take me by the heart and leave me anticipating the stories? Honestly, I wouldn't have thought I would, but the author made a believer of me from the first book and now we come down to Kincaid's story. This gal was the cheerleader who encouraged the other gals and the glue that brought them back together and held them close.

The One for You is the
Timitra
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The One For You like the previous books was an emotional one. I've been waiting for Kincaid's book and so happy that it was well worth the wait. Hers was a story of secrets and lies but most importantly love and the many forms in which it takes. I loved Kincaid and Ash, they were the perfect complement to each other. I loved their journey, it wasn't easy, it was far from pretty but it was beautiful. I truly enjoyed this book and series and highly recommend to all.

Copy provided by publisher
Dísir
Following the characters of a fictional town that still bears the scars of a school shooting over a decade ago has put Roni Loren on my radar. 4 books into the series, Loren still tells powerful stories of what it means to grieve, to nurture memories that are both good and bad, and even to tell oneself certain reconstructed tales laced with rum so that life gets easier to deal with as the years go by.

‘The One For You’ seems like Roni Loren’s final book of a difficult and poignant series, closing
Nelle @ Nelle's Nightstand Blog
I'm sad to see this series end but these ladies deserve their happiness. Throughout the series we get this wonderful friendship born of tragedy. It warms the heart.

Kincaid was the cheerleader of the group, aways peppy ad so talkative. It waa nice to get to see under that facade to see the feelings beneath. I felt heartbroken for Ash, to love like that, be still my heart, even as an 18 year old he was the best freaking man!

This was the perfect ending to this series.
nick

4.5/5

Bawled like a baby at the epilogue! I'm so sad that this series is over.
Nicole
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-read, 2020
Review
First I’d like to say thank you to @sourcebooks for allowing me to review the 4th and final book in The Ones Who Got Away series by Roni Loren.

This was a series that I loved and wanted to devour, but at the same time I didn’t want it to end! This series follows 4 friends who come together years after a school shooting took place at their senior prom. Each girl is affected in their own way and we are following their journey to love and ultimately recovering from this tragedy years later.
Maida
What an incredibly satisfying ending to such an amazing series. I think this is the book that made me cry the hardest the entire year. Balanced with the laughter it also elicited, The One For You is definitely one of my Top 19 in 2019 (out of 190 books). Almost certainly in the upper half of that list.

After a series of 3-star reads, I decided to pick this up because after having loved the first three books in this series, I trust in Roni Loren to break the lackluster streak and she delivered
Christine
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I'm so sad to be at the end of this series. Kincaid's story is probably my favorite, which surprised me as Kincaid was my least favorite in the Long Acre group. Like everyone else, I only saw the shiny, cheery face Kincaid presented to the world and not the deeper, tender layers underneath. Luckily for Kincaid, Ash saw and knew the real her all along.
But right now, she felt no motivation to be coy or play games. This was Ash. He’d see right through all that silly playacting. She’d lost the
Jenny
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars.

Amazing end to an amazing series. I don't know how to review this so I feel just saying you have to read this series about surviving and moving on, and coming home.

Sad it is over but it was wonderfully done.
Hannah Hearts Romance
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The greatest endorsement I can give The One For You is this: I stayed up ridiculously long past my bedtime to finish it in one sitting, and when I skimmed it again in preparation for writing my review, I felt all the feelings again. I must be a masochist, because my gauge of how much I love an angst-ridden book is how much physical pain I feel while reading this. And Roni Loren makes me feel it in my bones. The pining! Oh, the pining.

Kincaid has been a bit of a mystery through the previous
Jess
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This entire series has been a journey and is one I am really glad I went on. Kincaid is so good and I loved the reconnection with Ash and the real/true nature of memory and the past, and yeah. This was excellent. Very sad the series is over, can't wait to see what the author does next.
Bea
"The One For You" was very emotional, a little angsty, with some humor, some sexy scenes, a sweet and sexy romance,and a good end to the series. I did wish that Ash and Kincaid did a better job of talking to each other and working out their concerns. I'm not a fan of Big Misunderstandings. I did really like that Loren acknowledged and respected friendship and the love friends have for each other as well as focusing on romantic love.
jessica
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is the best book in the series and im so happy it concludes this way. wow. i loved everything about this. from childhood crushes and best friends becoming more to sexy nerdy authors, this is everything i love about romance. this has all of the different positives of the other books, finally present in the same story. really happy with this!

Peggy Jaeger
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A special thank you to Netgalley and Sourcebooks for allowing me a sneak peek at the fourth book in Roni Loren’s The Ones Who Got away series. I’ve been a huge fan of this series since book one and this one, THE ONE FOR YOU, is my favorite to date.

When their school promo was destroyed by two classmates with guns, the students of Long Acre high school who survived were lucky to be alive. But the scars of that horrible night have lived within them all these years.

For best friends Kincaid Breslin
Samantha
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just love this series so much—and as mass shootings become (unfortunately) so much more of our every day lives, I love the grace and compassion with which this story treats the aftermath and lives of survivors.

Kincaid is my girl so I loved seeing her get her happy ending (even if this trope isn’t my favorite). I’m sad to see the series end.
AJ
4.5 stars!

The fourth and final book in the The Ones Who Got Away series, this friends-to-lovers romance is fun, sweet and sexy with lots of emotion, and I absolutely loved it!

This series tells the story of survivors of a high school shooting. Years after the event, four women reunited and became as close as sisters, helping each other to deal with their grief, move forward and find their happiness. We have watched three of them do just that, and finally it’s Kincaid’s turn.

Each of the girls in
Devon
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this was my absolute fave in this series. The ups and downs and trusts and turns. Kincaid and Ash were made for each other from day 1! Loved it. Hope there is more to this series!!
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
Well I expected angst because this is a book about survivors of a mass shooting, but here it was TOO much angst, the mass shooting, Kincaid and Ash past together, their shitty families, a character almost dying of a cardiac arrest, everything was just too much and I wanted to stop my and this characters suffering.

So the secret that Ash kept from Kincaid was something that I suspected since the very beginning but I don't think the execution was well done.

Both of them had a lot of chemistry and a
Shelby
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Ash Isaacs and Kincaid Breslin were childhood best friends who both had a love for reading, and ended up working at the same bookstore in town during high school. While Kincaid had her sights set on the popular and hot Graham, Ash hopelessly loved his best friend from afar.

But 14-years ago, Long Acre was struck by tragedy when during Ash and Kincaid’s high school prom, two students opened fire. The school shooting not only took Graham away from Kincaid, but it ultimately decimated Ash and
Tina
Dec 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I think my chemistry with this book was a bit off. Even though I don't enjoy the idea of a mass shooting as a plot point, I found that perversely I really have been enjoying this serious. The previous books in the series set it far enough in the past so that the present day protagonists are still dealing with the fall out in some abstract ways (small triggers) and usually from external forces. It wasn't in your face per se and it allowed the characters to move forward and thrive with their new ...more
Hannah Hearts Romance

Kincaid has been a bit of a mystery through the previous
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Love Lettering
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission (Boots and Bouquets, #0.5)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Instacrush (Rookie Rebels #2)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • The Wives
  • Good Guy (Rookie Rebels #1)
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
  • Hard Justice (Cobra Elite, #3)
  • Outmatched
  • A Cowboy Like You (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Anyone But Cade (Anyone But... #2)
  • In Five Years
  • My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Nothing But Wild (Malibu University, #2)
Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. She holds a master’s degree in social work and spent years as a mental health counselor, but now she writes full time from her cozy office in Dallas, Texas where ...more

The Ones Who Got Away (4 books)
  • The Ones Who Got Away (The Ones Who Got Away, #1)
  • The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2)
  • The One You Fight For (The Ones Who Got Away, #3)
“She and Ash had been among the few who’d survived the Long Acre shooting, but she’d lost him anyhow. Her best friend since grade school. Her person. Still alive but gone in all the important ways.” 0 likes
“I just want to feel close to someone, someone who knows me, someone who doesn’t expect anything serious, but also isn’t going to treat me like I’m disposable.” 0 likes