Start by marking “The One For You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)” as Want to Read:
The One For You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)

The One For You

(The Ones Who Got Away #4)

The highly-anticipated fourth book in Roni Loren's unforgettable The Ones Who Got Away series.

She got a second chance at life.
Will she take a second chance at love?

Kincaid Breslin wasn't supposed to survive that fateful night at Long Acre when so many died, including her boyfriend—but survive she did. She doesn't know why she got that chance, but now she takes life by the
Published December 31st 2019 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

Start your review of The One For You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
The One for You is my favorite Roni Loren to date. Fans of this emotional series will be thrilled with this one.

Reading this series is always a bit rough for me. School shooting are too real, too serious, and what does it say about our country that every time one of these books comes out, another school shooting has just happened. But Roni Loren manages to take something horrible and make a beautiful story out of it.

I'm not always a huge fan of books that rely heavily on flashbacks, but it wor
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

THEMES & TROPES: Friends to Lovers
RATING: 3.5 Stars
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

Mass killings are so incredibly heartbreaking because the people who are injured and killed are innocent and many times don't even know why they are being attacked. This year, the number of these killings has reached a new high, with the first one having been only 19 da
Hollis
Well, we’ve come to the final book in this story. This series was one I had such huge expectations for, and I’m not quite sure why. There have definitely been emotional moments, multiple in each book, because the topic of grief and guilt surrounding surviving a school shooting is just so real. This is a tough subject and, really, so much of it, in each book, has been done so well. Not every couple, or romance, always worked for me, and the same applies to this final book, but overall I like that ...more
b.andherbooks
I am at once bereft and joyful having read the final book for for The Ones Who Got Away series. So many emotions and I'm misty eyed that this group of friends have reached their final HEA. For a series based on a friend group brought together for the anniversary of the school shooting they all survived, Loren does an amazing job of keeping things emotional yet never too heavy that you cannot see the light coming. Bravo.

I've been eagerly awaiting Kincaid's story the most, as she is the crux of th
Katie
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A review copy of this novel was provided for free in exchange for an honest review. This review was copied from my romance novel review blog: romanticallyinclinedreviews.com

Wow. I'm going to be singing the praises of the fourth book in this series until the cows come home. No joke. Every book in The Ones Who Got Away series has stolen my breath, but leave it to the best friends to lovers trope to really twist that knife (hell, best friends to lovers is like... my least favorite trope!)

But how of
Samantha (WLABB)
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 Stars

I have throughly enjoyed this entire series, but I always felt the heart of this group of survivors was Kincaid. She was the one, who brought the group back together after so many years, and she was the one, who pushed them to fulfill those promises they made to themselves after the attack. I really needed Kincaid's story to reflect her and her role in this series, and I am happy to find that Loren injected lots warmth and joy into this tale.

Kincaid and Ash had been best friend
Tracy  C
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ash got most of my sympathies here. I felt his pain in my bones. I had a little trouble warming up to Kincaid. But as I kept reading, I started to understand her a bit more. She desperately did not want to be like her mother, wanted to have that "picture perfect" family. I will admit to being mad at her when she couldn't see what was right in front of her face the whole time. But she couldn't see beyond what she thought she wanted. This was a heart wrenching conclusion the a fantastic series.
G.
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5

Better than the last two. Not as good as the first one. Eh. Some things about the romance didn't quite work for me in this one, but the friendship between the heroines of these books is A+. We stan a quality depiction of a female coven friendship group.
Bookphenomena (Micky)
THE ONE FOR YOU was a strong finale to this series that I have enjoyed overall. For me, this final book was as enjoyable as the first book, my other favourite in the series. It has been good to see completion of all the characters from Long Acre and catch up on those from previous books.

This story took some getting into for me. I liked the storyline immediately, both the characters of Kincaid (who I’ve liked from the other books) and Ash were engaging but I found the pacing off initially. It pic
Rochelle
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book in the Ones Who Got Away series and I loved it. Loved Kincaid and Ash. Their story will tug at your heart strings just like the other couples in the other books. It is sad that this was the final book but it was a nice ending to series. Every girl was able to get the HEA that they deserved and I can’t wait to read more from this author.

I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Elenasbookblog
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
You can also read my review here: http://elenasbookblog.com/new-review-...

This series by Roni Loren is certainly for us, romance lovers! Her books are heartwarming and unforgettable! I cannot believe that this series is coming to an end and I am so excited I gave a chance to an author I did not know, because I have loved these books. The One For You is a friends to lovers story that is emotional and sweet.

Kincaid is the last girl who is given a second chance at love and life. Kincaid has survive
nick
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

What a bittersweet experience reading The One For You was. This series holds such a special place in my heart and as excited as I was about reading Kincaid's story, I was also filled with sadness because this would be it for me and the characters. It's been a very fulfilling series and Roni Loren ends it with another successful book.

If you're not aware of the premise of this series, it tells the story of four friends who survived a high school shooting when they were younger. Each book exp
Nicole
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, own-read
❤️Review❤️
First I’d like to say thank you to @sourcebooks for allowing me to review the 4th and final book in The Ones Who Got Away series by Roni Loren.

This was a series that I loved and wanted to devour, but at the same time I didn’t want it to end! This series follows 4 friends who come together years after a school shooting took place at their senior prom. Each girl is affected in their own way and we are following their journey to love and ultimately recovering from this tragedy years lat
Maida
What an incredibly satisfying ending to such an amazing series. I think this is the book that made me cry the hardest the entire year. Balanced with the laughter it also elicited, The One For You is definitely one of my Top 19 in 2019 (out of 190 books). Almost certainly in the upper half of that list.

After a series of 3-star reads, I decided to pick this up because after having loved the first three books in this series, I trust in Roni Loren to break the lackluster streak and she delivered sp
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
As I write this review I'm sad. Sad that I finished the series because I love these characters so so much. Roni Loren has a way with words that can melt your heart.

Kincaid has been the cheerleader for her friends but when it comes to her she has no faith in herself. There was times I wanted to scream or smack her. How could she not see Ashton her bestfriend was in love with her while they were in high school? You can't read this book with feeling bad for Ashton. My Lord he waited for the girl o
jessica
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is the best book in the series and im so happy it concludes this way. wow. i loved everything about this. from childhood crushes and best friends becoming more to sexy nerdy authors, this is everything i love about romance. this has all of the different positives of the other books, finally present in the same story. really happy with this!

Jenny
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars.

Amazing end to an amazing series. I don't know how to review this so I feel just saying you have to read this series about surviving and moving on, and coming home.

Sad it is over but it was wonderfully done.
Sophia
Who knew that a romance series based on a dark event like a high school shooting, the survivors, and the wide array of those left in the aftermath would take me by the heart and leave me anticipating the stories? Honestly, I wouldn't have thought I would, but the author made a believer of me from the first book and now we come down to Kincaid's story. This gal was the cheerleader who encouraged the other gals and the glue that brought them back together and held them close.

The One for You is the
Timitra
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The One For You like the previous books was an emotional one. I've been waiting for Kincaid's book and so happy that it was well worth the wait. Hers was a story of secrets and lies but most importantly love and the many forms in which it takes. I loved Kincaid and Ash, they were the perfect complement to each other. I loved their journey, it wasn't easy, it was far from pretty but it was beautiful. I truly enjoyed this book and series and highly recommend to all.

Copy provided by publisher throu
AJ
4.5 stars!

The fourth and final book in the The Ones Who Got Away series, this friends-to-lovers romance is fun, sweet and sexy with lots of emotion, and I absolutely loved it!

This series tells the story of survivors of a high school shooting. Years after the event, four women reunited and became as close as sisters, helping each other to deal with their grief, move forward and find their happiness. We have watched three of them do just that, and finally it’s Kincaid’s turn.

Each of the girls in
Dísir
Following the characters of a fictional town that still bears the scars of a school shooting over a decade ago has put Roni Loren on my radar. 4 books into the series, Loren still tells powerful stories of what it means to grieve, to nurture memories that are both good and bad, and even to tell oneself certain reconstructed tales laced with rum so that life gets easier to deal with as the years go by.

‘The One For You’ seems like Roni Loren’s final book of a difficult and poignant series, closing
Christine
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I'm so sad to be at the end of this series. Kincaid's story is probably my favorite, which surprised me as Kincaid was my least favorite in the Long Acre group. Like everyone else, I only saw the shiny, cheery face Kincaid presented to the world and not the deeper, tender layers underneath. Luckily for Kincaid, Ash saw and knew the real her all along.
But right now, she felt no motivation to be coy or play games. This was Ash. He’d see right through all that silly playacting. She’d lost the scr
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: The Ones Who Got Away #4
Rating: 4 stars - really enjoyable

One Sentence Summary: Kincaid Breslin thought she lost everything when her high school boyfriend was killed in a mass shooting and her best friend moved away, but now Ashton Isaacs is back in town and Kincaid is having very not-friend related feelings toward Ash.

I'll be completely honest, I'm really conflicted over The One for You and I went back and forth on my rating before settling on 4 stars. I love Roni Loren's writing, her w
Hannah Hearts Romance
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The greatest endorsement I can give The One For You is this: I stayed up ridiculously long past my bedtime to finish it in one sitting, and when I skimmed it again in preparation for writing my review, I felt all the feelings again. I must be a masochist, because my gauge of how much I love an angst-ridden book is how much physical pain I feel while reading this. And Roni Loren makes me feel it in my bones. The pining! Oh, the pining.

Kincaid has been a bit of a mystery through the previous books
Jess
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This entire series has been a journey and is one I am really glad I went on. Kincaid is so good and I loved the reconnection with Ash and the real/true nature of memory and the past, and yeah. This was excellent. Very sad the series is over, can't wait to see what the author does next.
Bea
"The One For You" was very emotional, a little angsty, with some humor, some sexy scenes, a sweet and sexy romance,and a good end to the series. I did wish that Ash and Kincaid did a better job of talking to each other and working out their concerns. I'm not a fan of Big Misunderstandings. I did really like that Loren acknowledged and respected friendship and the love friends have for each other as well as focusing on romantic love.
Peggy Jaeger
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A special thank you to Netgalley and Sourcebooks for allowing me a sneak peek at the fourth book in Roni Loren’s The Ones Who Got away series. I’ve been a huge fan of this series since book one and this one, THE ONE FOR YOU, is my favorite to date.

When their school promo was destroyed by two classmates with guns, the students of Long Acre high school who survived were lucky to be alive. But the scars of that horrible night have lived within them all these years.

For best friends Kincaid Breslin a
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series has been an emotional roller coaster full of rough rides, hard times, and ending in joyous delight. Every book touched my heart in its own special way, but I think Kincaid and Ashton's story touched my heart just a little bit more.

Before I start this review I do want to warn you, there are a few extreme trigger warnings. Those warnings will be posted in the last paragraph of this review.

When I first started this series I was intrigued the most by Kincaid's character. I loved her bubb
Nelle Nazario
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm sad to see this series end but these ladies deserve their happiness. Throughout the series we get this wonderful friendship born of tragedy. It warms the heart.

Kincaid was the cheerleader of the group, aways peppy ad so talkative. It waa nice to get to see under that facade to see the feelings beneath. I felt heartbroken for Ash, to love like that, be still my heart, even as an 18 year old he was the best freaking man!

This was the perfect ending to this series.
Devon
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this was my absolute fave in this series. The ups and downs and trusts and turns. Kincaid and Ash were made for each other from day 1! Loved it. Hope there is more to this series!!

• The Wives
  • Anyone But Cade (Anyone But... #2)
  • In Five Years
  • Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)
  • The Aussie Next Door (Patterson's Bluff #1)
  • House of Scarlett (Legend Trilogy, #2)
  • Polaris Rising (Consortium Rebellion, #1)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Fumbled (Playbook, #2)
  • Headstrong Like Us (Like Us, #6)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Work for It (Just for Him, #4)
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • Stolen Hearts (The Women of Hearts, #3)
  • Forever and a Duke (Rogues to Riches, #3)
  • A Rogue by Night (The Devils of Dover, #3)
  • How to Belong with a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #3)
  • A Wedding in December
Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. She holds a master’s degree in social work and spent years as a mental health counselor, but now she writes full time from her cozy office in Dallas, Texas where ...more

The Ones Who Got Away (4 books)
  • The Ones Who Got Away (The Ones Who Got Away, #1)
  • The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2)
  • The One You Fight For (The Ones Who Got Away, #3)