Start by marking “A Little Light Mischief (The Turners #3.5)” as Want to Read:
A Little Light Mischief (The Turners #3.5)

A Little Light Mischief

(The Turners #3.5)

A seductive thief

Lady’s maid Molly Wilkins is done with thieving—and cheating and stabbing and all the rest of it. She’s determined to keep her hands to herself, so she really shouldn’t be tempted to seduce her employer’s prim and proper companion, Alice. But how can she resist when Alice can’t seem to keep her eyes off Molly?

Finds her own heart

For the first time in her li
Published August 6th 2019 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about A Little Light Mischief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Light Mischief

Start your review of A Little Light Mischief (The Turners #3.5)
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Even though I've definitely burned myself out on historical romances, I still rather enjoyed this one! If you're a fan of the genre and want to read something fast and fun and also really, really gay, I highly recommend! ...more
Silvia
I was sent this book as an advanced copy by the publisher via Edelweiss for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

Historical romance is a genre I rarely read but with the recent surge of f/f historical romance I find myself more and more interested in the genre. Or maybe it's just that I'm so starved of f/f that I'll read it no matter the genre.

This was my first book by Cat Sebastian and after hearing great things by my friends I was maybe slightly disappointed that I couldn't give
Skye Kilaen
I'm not sure whoever coined the saying "be gay, do crimes" was necessarily thinking about a historical f/f romance novella about two gals falling in love while getting revenge on a Very Bad Man, but I'm hoping they'd be happy with this literary embodiment of that slogan. While I think this novella could possibly have used another editing pass - it felt a bit too vignette-y in the beginning, maybe? and the relationship and characters could have benefited from a bit more depth? - I am 100% here fo ...more
Farah
Last week, I had the pleasure of spending a few hours with Ms.Olivia Waite's latest historical wlw romance. I was hooked and before finishing the book, I began searching for more of such genre. Thankfully, Tara reviewed and recommended A Little Light Mischief by Cat Sebastian. My smile was as wide as Tim Curry's when he discovered the credit card used by Macaulay Culkin to check himself in The Plaza was a stolen one.

I immediately purchased the audiobook, (later discovered that the ebook and audi
Tara
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a freaking delight. Despite being a novella, the character work is excellent, especially Alice's arc from woman who tries not to be noticed at the beginning to a goddamn powerhouse by the end.

The chemistry between Molly and Alice is also fabulous and well worth showing up for. If you haven't read any of Cat Sebastian's other Turner books, you can still read this one. I haven't read them and I adored this.
Shin Mon Thway
This is my very first historical FF romance. Although I own all Turner books by Cat Sebastian, I haven’t gotten around to listening to them yet. 😅 And although, I have not read any books in this series, this can perfectly standalone and I can follow the storyline easily. 😌

Alice was casted away by her own father a few months ago because of a sin she didn’t even commit. Now she’s in London being a lady companion, safe and sound and well-fed for the first time in her life. Her life is going pretty
lov2laf
These covers! I'm coming to the conclusion that the older ladies I saw reading Harlequin romances when I was a kid were actually reading some quality literature...because, once again, just like Olivia Waites' historical f/f novels, this has a delightful, well-written story behind the cover.

The blurb already explains the premise of the story well...but it goes for the salacious and doesn't hint at the strong friendship and bond the two ladies form before any real flirting comes into play. Both Mo
WhiskeyintheJar
Sep 10, 2019 rated it liked it

Alice was disowned by her family for something that wasn't her fault but her new situation has her with idle hands for the first time in her life and eyes that can't help but follow the maid.
Molly was used to doing whatever it took to survive, thievery and cheating, but she finally has a stable working situation and is determined to not lose it. The new companio
Lea (drumsofautumn)
Bookstagram picture of A Little Light Mischief on an iPad

A Little Light Mischief is a really wholesome sapphic Historical Romance that I would definitely recommend if this is something you're craving more of.

“You've made me feel like I deserve good things. And you're the best thing of all.”

While this is technically part of a series, you can definitely read this without having read anything else in this series. I was definitely a little bit confused in the beginning, simply because there were so many names that I didn't know and I was just
Anna lost in stories *A*
*little disclaimer
I have been in the biggest reading slump of my life since the end of august… it lasted for about two months and was absolutely awful… fortunately around the end of october I finally got out of it and got back to reading more like I am used to :) unfortunately I still don’t want to sit down and write *proper* reviews… you know, detailed and with full and coherent sentences… ;) usually when I get like this I can wait it out and then catch up on everything once that mood passes, b
Acqua
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Little Light Mischief is an f/f historical romance novella set in London in 1818. It follows two women as they fall in love and get revenge against the man who wronged one of them.

It is part of a series, but I can tell you that you don't need to have read the previous books to understand it - I haven't, I don't know what they're about, and I had no problems with understanding the context. What I struggled more with was the writing style: English is my second language, and I often struggle with
Julia
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
That cover?? Yes! Finally a Cat Sebastian F/F! Yes! Thank god! Finally! Jesus! Oh man!
Luce
3.5 Stars for this regency romance novella

I never read any regency romance books - lesbian or straight (at least as far as I remember). This was highly rated by a couple of my reviewer friends, so I decided to give it a shot. I enjoyed it.

Alice Stapleton is a vicar's daughter who is sent to live as a Lady's Companion for the very wealthy Mrs. Wraxhall. Alice thought she would be working as a member of the staff or as her Lady's maid. But she was told to "Simply adorn the drawing room, my dear."
Alexis
Listened to this one in the car last week while stuck in traffic. Not a bad way to pass some time discovering an author and narrator I wasn't familiar with.

The story itself was surprisingly sweet but given that the book is part of an M/M series I really didn't know what to expect. I found myself really liking the main characters however and wish the book was a little longer. Part of the reason for that is the excellent job done by narrator Morag Sims.

For such a short book, the story has a grea
Sahitya
I have been slightly disappointed with a couple of sapphic romances in fantasy I’ve read this year, so when I decided to pick up a f/f historical romance, I thought why not try a known author and that’s how I ended up with this one. And it was exactly what I was expecting.

This is a novella on the shorter side, so I knew not to expect too much. But it was such a fun and sweet romance that I was delighted. A story of how a disowned gentlewoman and a lady’s maid/ former thief fall in love, it has
E.
★★★★☆ | Sexy and important!

"You've made me feel like I deserve good things. And you're the best thing of all."

➽ SUMMARY

A reformed thief and a penniless lady. What those two could possibly want from each other? They don't know either but they can't stop wanting it. And after some secrets are revealed and a certain unwanted man makes an appearance — there will be time for a little light mischief!

➽ CHARACTERS

Alice Stapleton — Alice had a busy life and now she has nothing but time for herself.
Somia
2.5 STARS

This was a sweet enough one time read (kinda), but it lacked that sizzle and spark I was so hoping for.

The chemistry and tension between Alice and Molly didn’t singe the pages, nor did it have me riveted. The relationship development between them was missing some oomph.

Overall I found myself coasting through this rather than paying too much attention to events. Nevertheless, I must say I did enjoy how Alice went back and taught her idiot of a father a lesson, and I really like the cov
Renaissance Kate
Absolutely loved this 😍. For my full thoughts, please tune in to our discussion of this book on the Read Smut Podcast later this year. If anything, this definitely makes me want to read more by Cat Sebastian! ...more
Kaa
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer-romance
Is this my new favorite Cat Sebastian? Yes, yes it is.
WhatAStrangeDuck
I loved it but I want moooore! From a technical point of view the book is pretty much just as long as it's supposed to be but it was such a treat to see Alice come out of her shell and now I'm feeling a little bereft because we only got this short glimpse into her story.

But damn, that author can write!

Highly recommended!

PS. Word of warning just so you can brace yourself - the book ends at 80% as the rest is previews for other books.
Corrie
This audio book was a real delight, mainly because the dialogue was very nicely in period and the narration was perfect. Morag Sims made this novella into 2 hours and 45 minutes of pure delight. She effortlessly went from highborn lady to working class accent. I loved how she voiced Molly.

Such a shame author Cat Sebastian mainly writes m/m because A Little Light Mischief was a proper lesfic gem. If highly recommend.

f/f

Themes: Regency England, bored out of her skull, bugger, ogling the lady’s ma
Pam Holzner
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, scribd
A fun little historical romp. I should take a point off for being a novella but I can't bring myself to. I listened to this on Scribd. There's a bit of a sexual awakening and then a revenge plot. If you like the idea of f/f romance that explores the mixing of the classes in England in 1800s, give this one a try. ...more
Michele
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written little historical fiction novella. Two very likable MC’s with fleshed out backgrounds and personalities. Which is impressive considering the short length of book. Ending felt a bit rushed, but really a minor quibble.
Linda ~ they got the mustard out! ~
I don't really remember these characters from the other books in this series, it's been too long since I read them. But I did like Alice and Molly a lot. They were a lot more similar that it would appear at first, and Molly was good for helping Alice realize her self-worth. I didn't really feel any chemistry between them though. Still it was a nice way to spend a few hours.

Story ends at 80%.
aarya
Link to bookstagrams:

Love, love, love this adorable f/f novella between a lady’s maid/former thief and a disowned daughter of a vicar. You will love this if you enjoy any of the following:

⚔️🔥Revenge on despicable men (aka tearing down the patriarchy)🔥⚔️

‬‪🛌Bed sharing in a house party. Swoon🛌‬ ‪

👗One heroine constantly helping out the other heroine in and out of her clothes. Why the hell don’t we have more f/f lady’s
Bark  |  Ladies Of Horror Fiction
I grabbed this copy from my library after listening and loving Cat Sebastian’s “The Ruin of a Rake” (which is part of this Turner series). That book was five stars for me. This one here is related to the series and features a story about two ladies finding friendship, love and a little light mischief. I love it when the title fits the story as this one does. It’s short but it doesn’t cut corners when it comes to developing the relationship which is impressive.

The plot isn’t a complicated one, w
Ashley
The blurb doesn't do this little gem justice. It really doesn't do much for the two main characters, either, who are lovely separately, and even lovelier together. It makes Molly seem like a common thief, and Alice like a boring nobody. They are both much more three-dimensional than that, much more charming and likable, too.

A Little Light Mischief is a return to form for Cat Sebastian. I haven't really enjoyed her last several published books as much as her previous ones; but also, it's literal
Andrea
Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it

These two would've deserved a full-length novel is all I'm saying…

There was really a lot of character development for such a short novella, and I really loved watching Alice going from hiding in the shadows to fighting for what she wants. I just wish there'd be more space to see her shine.

As for the rest of the cast, it was lovely seeing Molly as more than a side-character, I just wish there'd been more.

I loved that this had a short scene with Jack and Oliver, I missed those two.

Thi
Racheal
This was really sweet, with a great sense of attraction between the leads. I do wish it had been longer than a novella, though, as it could have been a bit more developed. But overall a nice little nugget!
Ami
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella, ff-romance
It was okay -- but quite forgettable for me. Nothing made my heart all go gooey with the story. So Alice was the "meek" one and Molly was the strong one... and Alice was able to stand on her own after knowing Molly, and confronted the men who wronged her. The end. ...more

• The Care and Feeding of Waspish Widows (Feminine Pursuits, #2)
  • The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics (Feminine Pursuits, #1)
  • Proper English
  • The Rat-Catcher's Daughter (Lilywhite Boys, #0.5)
  • Gilded Cage (Lilywhite Boys #2)
  • A Lady's Desire (The Townsends, #2.5)
  • Mangos and Mistletoe
  • Mrs. Martin’s Incomparable Adventure (The Worth Saga, #2.75)
  • The Sugared Game (The Will Darling Adventures #2)
  • The Gentle Art of Fortune Hunting
  • Slippery Creatures (The Will Darling Adventures #1)
  • How to Talk to Nice English Girls
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • Spellbound (Magic in Manhattan, #1)
  • Unfit to Print
  • Sweetest Thing
  • Think of England (Think of England #1)
Cat writes steamy, upbeat historical romances. They usually take place in the Regency, generally have at least one LGBTQ+ main character, and always have happy endings.

Before writing, Cat was a lawyer and a teacher. She enjoys crossword puzzles, geeking out over birds, gardening badly, and–of course–reading. In high school, her parents went away for a week, and instead of throwing raucous parties,

The Turners (3 books)
  • The Soldier's Scoundrel (The Turners #1)
  • The Lawrence Browne Affair (The Turners #2)
  • The Ruin of a Rake (The Turners #3)

Articles featuring this book

Author Casey McQuiston took the romance world by storm with her 2019 debut, Red, White & Royal Blue. A double Goodreads Choice Award winner...
“Molly cut him a glare. It didn’t matter if he was telling the truth. In her experience, lads generally deserved a nasty glare and Molly was willing to do her part.” 0 likes
“it occurred to Alice that she might prefer a bit of honest profanity to the alternating miseries of crockery-throwing and sermonizing.” 0 likes