Start by marking “The Rebound” as Want to Read:
The Rebound

The Rebound

Some love affairs aren’t meant for the public eye. Some love affairs won’t survive the fallout.

Calliope das Dores is not the perfect rebound, even if her name means "muse". She is not who I should be running to. But I want her anyway.

She keeps telling me my squeaky-clean image can’t handle the scandal, but this want between us is not black and white, and it never will be.

I
Expected publication: July 18th 2019 by Rogue Books

To ask other readers questions about The Rebound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rebound

Talon
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, here I am. A person who read the blurb for this story when Jen shared it with me and thought to myself: "Talon get real, you will not like this book. Just politely tell her that you aren't able to read it." Well, if I could slap myself for ever thinking something like that-- I would. How dare I misjudge like that! So here I am, done with The Rebound, and loving every second of it.

Jen has this type of sharp writing that cuts right in at the beginning and doesn't let go until you're done. Th
Melissa
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
I don't know what ARC God smiled on me, but somehow I got a copy of this delivered to my kindle. (Thank you!)

This book is beautiful. It's also brutal.
Yeah, brutal and beautiful is probably the best way I can describe it.

There is only one other piece of art that I can compare it to and that's the film Blue Valentine. Blue Valentine is an absolutely beautiful movie, but I would NEVER be able to watch it again. Same with this book.

There are times where it was soul crushing. I am married and I ha
Carolina León
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are moments in our lives that hit us in such a way that leave us completely speechless. For me, this is one of those moments.

The Rebound is the first book that I have the pleasure to read by J.R Rogue and, it’s impossible not ask myself, Why? Why did it take me so long to do it?
But now, my heart knows the answer. The constant pounding inside my ribcage doesn’t seem to find an end, even while I write this review.
I close my eyes and I still can picture the raw feelings each one of the char
Holly H
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-faves
What are words? That is the feeling I often get after finishing a JR Rogue novel. With The Rebound, it was no different, and I was sucked into Rogue’s unique style of concise, sharp storytelling with just the right amount of weight elicited from each word.

Rogue weaved a tale that was far more than a breakup and the revenge arc that followed. The plot was perfectly paced with both last/present POVs. Much of the story inflicted an ache in the reader, but Rogue is an expert at creating moments in
Gabi
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My goodness. This book. Oh man I wanted to take my time to devour this but alas it was too good not to finish. Totally recommend it. Fall in love with these characters. Make this your next read when it releases 💖
Ashley Ruiz
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars ✨
Cynthia Rodriguez
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will post review closer to release date.

Just know this little woman can write her ass off.
Katy Tinnin
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What is meant to be will always find a way. This story has consumed my heart and my mind. As I read, I felt like I was peeling back layers upon layers of raw, honest truth wrapped in so much emotion I wasn't sure my heart could stand it. JR Rogue has a way of writing that cuts straight through all pretense and strips her characters to the bone. I felt everything they felt. I had to stop reading several times to process the words before me. I loved this book. Even the parts that were hard to read ...more
Sonya aka bookobsession83
May 16, 2019
J.R. Rogue
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kayleigh Buckner