Start by marking “The Rebound” as Want to Read:
The Rebound

The Rebound

Some love affairs aren’t meant for the public eye. Some love affairs won’t survive the fallout.

Calliope das Dores is not the perfect rebound, even if her name means "muse". She is not who I should be running to. But I want her anyway.

She keeps telling me my squeaky-clean image can’t handle the scandal, but this want between us is not black and white, and it never will be.

I
Published June 13th 2019 by Rogue Books

To ask other readers questions about The Rebound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rebound

Chelsea Humphrey
"We all have weapons we can use against others, for survival, to cause chaos."

The Rebound is my first book by Rogue, but it certainly won't be the last. I wasn't entirely sure what this novel would be, but it exceeded my expectations, whatever they were. I actually didn't know that the Sean in this book was loosely inspired by the author's adoration of Shawn Mendes, but it was incredible to see the subtly influences while keeping the characters in this story wholly their own. Jen's writing has a
Talon
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, here I am. A person who read the blurb for this story when Jen shared it with me and thought to myself: "Talon get real, you will not like this book. Just politely tell her that you aren't able to read it." Well, if I could slap myself for ever thinking something like that-- I would. How dare I misjudge like that! So here I am, done with The Rebound, and loving every second of it.

Jen has this type of sharp writing that cuts right in at the beginning and doesn't let go until you're done. Th
Jen
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How do I form words into sentences that can even remotely do justice to The Rebound by J.R. Rogue? I don’t know if they exist. Her writing is poetry, her voice so different, so lyrical. This story her song.

Broken hearts, shattered promises, two people wanting what they shouldn’t. Using each other to seek revenge. No love—just payback. Sean + Calliope have one summer to get over the pain they endured.

The Rebound had me consumed. I wanted to read faster to see what would happen, yet I knew I neede
Tiffany Silver
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I expected this to hurt me... and it did. Hahaha

BEAUTIFUL! I wasn’t expecting to love it so much, not my usual tropes. 🙈

UPDATE... so last night i decided to skim some parts for quotes, but then i just started reading the whole thing again. Sooo, it was better the second time for me. I was anxious the first time because i wasn’t sure when to expect the aches. But the second time was easier and i could get more lost in the story and the beautiful poetic writing. Also, can we just talk about how
Readingtilthebreakofdawn
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I was blessed to get an early copy of The Rebound. And with it, I see how much J.R Rogue continues to grow and get better with each book she writes. This book weaved a tale of past and present between 4 peoples lives and with it brought pain, destruction, loneliness and a deep seated want.

I really enjoyed the way Ms Rogue took the characters pasts and presents and intertwined it with third and first person (along with the continuous texts). I know with romance, a lot of readers might shy away fr
Kat Savage
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By far Rogue’s best work to date. I found myself so emotionally invested in these characters and their story. The woven past and present different POVs were so well done and perfectly timed. Rogue never disappoints.
Cynthia Rodriguez
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is no one in this world who writes quite like J.R. Rogue does.
She effortlessly weaves different POVs and past/present chapters in a way that is not only cohesive, it's brilliant.
I am in awe of her ability to carve a solid place in the romantic suspense genre. Because that's exactly what this is.
What can I say about this story, other than the fact that everyone should read it?
It bends morals, it breaks hearts, and all along, you're still hoping for a happy ending for the sweet Sean and his
Naroba
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve struggled to get through a book this year. Reading ever so slowly. But The Rebound woke me up. The amount of feelings I experienced while reading this floored me. I didn’t realize how hollow I had been feeling before I finished. Rogue has a particular style which I love. She doesn’t do fluffy and light. She punches your gut with her all. I adore her for this.
Melissa
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
I don't know what ARC God smiled on me, but somehow I got a copy of this delivered to my kindle. (Thank you!)

This book is beautiful. It's also brutal.
Yeah, brutal and beautiful is probably the best way I can describe it.

There is only one other piece of art that I can compare it to and that's the film Blue Valentine. Blue Valentine is an absolutely beautiful movie, but I would NEVER be able to watch it again. Same with this book.

There are times where it was soul crushing. I am married and I ha
Christina Hart
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Rebound was not what I was expecting, but I mean this in the best way possible. When I first heard the author was writing a romance inspired by Shawn Mendes, I figured it would be a light beach read, happy and sweet. But knowing Rogue's writing style, I should have known better.

The storyline was captivating, with dark and taboo undertones, and the characters were written in such an honest and real way that they were hard to ignore.

I found myself rooting for the love that I thought would re
Book Break  With Lisa
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lisa says...
"Some love affairs aren't meant for the public eye. Some love affairs won't survive the fallout."

4 Forbidden Stars

I opened up my kindle one day and right there on the screen was The Rebound to say I was excited is an understatement.  If you are looking for a feel good romance this is not the book for you!  BUT if you like to feel the gritty reality of a story then this is for you.

These characters are so real and imperfect in their own way, which makes parts of them so easy to relate
Rachael
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can't say I've read another author that writes quite like J.R. Rogue, especially when it comes to THE REBOUND.

Rogue has a way of saying a lot with just a few words. Her sentences are poetic in their simplicity, weighted and honestly raw. Flowery descriptions are not what you get from her, but depth and understanding of emotions and connections. The conversations between the characters read as organic and even without excessive description, you can imagine the characters perfectly.

This is the 2
Kayleigh
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Everyone loves a fantasy more. Doesn't make it real."

Jesus. J.R. Rogue has truly outdone herself with The Rebound. After shamelessly commenting on every ARC giveaway post I came upon, this beauty hit my email last night and I devoured it in no time.

I'm always a sucker for older women/younger men stories. I adore musicians ....combine those elements that with another of Jen's kind anti-alpha males and now I'm a goner for Sean.

The Rebound alternates from first to third person POV which is an in
Heidi McCarty
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*sigh*

I told myself that I was not going to binge read this book. I lied. I found myself telling others about the amazing story before I was even 50% into it. Sean was beautifully written. I felt what he felt and hurt when he hurt. Apollo filled my heart with pain, Jo made me want to fight someone, and Calliope reminded me of myself in so many ways. Amazing story.
Katherine
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rogue returns with a captivating story I couldn’t put down. The full spectrum of emotion, taboo, sexy, heartbreaking, gut wrenching. Make no mistake about it, pick up this book and you’re in for a ride. Prepare to become invested. Prepare to be a little broken.
Butthisbook
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 stars

“Maybe one day we will meet again,
someplace I left unsaid words on your collarbone.
The map is littered with those places. My chest is full of them.”

This book. Sean. Calliope.
😩❤
Ashley Ruiz
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars ✨
another masterpiece by j.r. rogue
The Rebound has been an emotional roll coaster of a book. Which we all know are my favorite kind.
Carolina León
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are moments in our lives that hit us in such a way that leave us completely speechless. For me, this is one of those moments.

The Rebound is the first book that I have the pleasure to read by J.R Rogue and, it’s impossible not ask myself, Why? Why did it take me so long to do it?
But now, my heart knows the answer. The constant pounding inside my ribcage doesn’t seem to find an end, even while I write this review.
I close my eyes and I still can picture the raw feelings each one of the char
Trish Anderson
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a Rogue fanatic. There. I said it. KMLYMI was my favorite Rogue novel, until I read The Rebound. Rogue came in swinging with this one. I swear her brain was like, yo, let’s have a growth spurt during the writing process with this one, okay? Okay.

I’ll start with the characters, because they will go down in history as some of my favorites. I’m convinced Rogue couldn’t write a flat character, even if she tried. They read as flesh and blood, not fiction, and that’s a testament to her craft becau
Holly H
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-faves
What are words? That is the feeling I often get after finishing a JR Rogue novel. With The Rebound, it was no different, and I was sucked into Rogue’s unique style of concise, sharp storytelling with just the right amount of weight elicited from each word.

Rogue weaved a tale that was far more than a breakup and the revenge arc that followed. The plot was perfectly paced with both last/present POVs. Much of the story inflicted an ache in the reader, but Rogue is an expert at creating moments in
Jessica
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book.. I am at a loss for words. I think I will be haunted by this book for the rest of my life.
This story may possibly be the best writing from J.R. Rogue EVER. The way she brought Sean and Calliope to life, and made me feel all their pain and joy... I don’t think I will e we recover from this. I absolutely fell in love with these two. My heart shattered for them.
I absolutely never wanted this book to end, and I dragged my feet while finishing it. I dreaded and anticipated it both at the
Katy Tinnin
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What is meant to be will always find a way. This story has consumed my heart and my mind. As I read, I felt like I was peeling back layers upon layers of raw, honest truth wrapped in so much emotion I wasn't sure my heart could stand it. JR Rogue has a way of writing that cuts straight through all pretense and strips her characters to the bone. I felt everything they felt. I had to stop reading several times to process the words before me. I loved this book. Even the parts that were hard to read ...more
Gabi
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My goodness. This book. Oh man I wanted to take my time to devour this but alas it was too good not to finish. Totally recommend it. Fall in love with these characters. Make this your next read when it releases 💖
Lindsey Domokur
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm going to have to sit on this one for a minute before I write this review. I'm still processing.
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This books was so different and refreshing. I loved Sean so very much. The story flowed so well and sucked me in. Jen has such a unique way of writing and her poetry shows through even in her novels.
Amy
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A successful musician who sells out concerts and hits the top of the charts, Sean das Dores (that last name is Portuguese for “of the sorrows”) has everything, including the loyal girlfriend who has stuck with him since he was an abused, homeless teenager.

When he catches his devoted lady strumming his uncle’s guitar (IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN), he runs away, off to his uncle’s wife who first provided refuge for him when he ran away from home at fifteen. Sean is six years older now–a man–and he doe
Misty
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to admit this book was a bit slow for me but that doesn't mean it wasn't good. I think this is more of a personal thing vs the actual story. I've found myself in a weird head space lately and I was having a hard time getting into reading this one. I actually set it aside for a few days and came back to it after reading something else and that's when I found myself engaged with Sean and Calliope.

I will say this, Jen's writing just keeps getting better and better. She knows how to draw you
Andrea
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This book! Ugh, it was harrowing yet hopeful. It was melancholy but delightful. There were so many truths spoken in this book. The journey of these characters were heartfelt. They were hurt, deeply, but found rebound in each other. J.R.Rogue's writing always feels like poetry. It just flows and reaches up to your heart.

The only thing that didn't connect with me was the point of view. Everything was written from third point of view which sometimes made it difficult to connect to the characters.
Autumn
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished The Rebound yesterday. I started reading it the other day. And lemme tell you, there's something about Rogue's writing that absolutely gets me. Usually within a few words I am hook, I feel seen and I feel relief.

Do I have anything in common with any of the characters? nope. But for some reason I get them and they totally get me. The Rebound is about a popstar and shit in his life hitting the fan. That's the best non spoilery way I can put it. Btw the popstar is loosely based on Shawn
Leighann Cerra
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With each book I am more impressed with Jen's writing. She hit it out of the park with this one. Such a strong story with the perfect amount of angst, and romance, and ache. I love the way the story is laid out....giving you just enough to leave you wanting more. I couldn't get to the end quick enough. Definite 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟