Start by marking “Fat Chance” as Want to Read:
Fat Chance

Fat Chance

A missing barrister, a severed thumb and fat chance of finding out the truth.

Ella Fitzwilliam’s world is about to spiral out of control. She’s not cut out to be a private investigator. With little or no aptitude for the job, she’s been sent undercover to expose the hidden lives of two men who meet nearly every week at Buxham’s - a private members’ club where portions are l
Published January 15th 2019 by Junction Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fat Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fat Chance

Mark Tilbury
When Ella agrees to try help her friend get evidence on a surgeon who molested her, little does she know what she's let herself, and her mental health, in for.

Ella is a fantastic character who I found funny (often when perhaps I shouldn't have,) and interesting. She is Bi-Polar and reading her story was a real eye opener into the condition. One of the main reasons I've enjoyed all of Morgan's books so much is because of her ability to weave mental health issues into her thrillers so effectively.
Susan Hampson
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story revolves round Ella, a larger than life character in every possible sense. Ella has tried many roles in life but not quite fit into any so when her friend, a private investigator, offers her an undercover assignment she takes on the part enthusiastically.
Buxham’s is a place where privacy, secrecy and sheer indulgence in gluttony takes place. Feeders can happy drool over ladies that are proud of their poundage and who are willing, for a price to take things to another level privately. T
Joanna Larum
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ella Fitzwilliam is between jobs when her friend Val asks her to take on a job as a PI working at a private members' club, Buxham's. She is to keep an eye on two men in particular, Harry Drysdale and his friend Marcus Carver. Harry is a barrister and Marcus, appropriately, is a cosmetic surgeon, working with ladies who are a little over-endowed. The club caters for men whose tastes run to the larger lady and Ella is appalled at what happens in the club where gluttony is the name of the game. She ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I’ve read previous books by this author so when I saw she had a new book coming out I couldn’t wait. I can honestly say I wasn’t disappointed as this was a great read.

Ella has just been fired from her latest job. Her friend Val asks her to join her as a private investigator. Her first job is in Buxhams which is a private members club.
I’m wary about going into the storyline too much as I don’t want to spoil it for anyone.

If you like crime reads then you’ll love this. I love the light hearted as
Susan Corcoran
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read all the authors previous books I was excited to be asked to review Fat Chance. What I really love is that with each book she publishes Alison Morgan’s writing goes from strength to strength and she has once again delivered a first class read.

There were many things I liked about this book, for one the characters felt real, you can imagine the reality of Ella’s battle with severe mental health and the triggers that set off a manic episode; the pressure of the need for constant self car
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
So I’ve read a few of A.B Morgan’s books now and this is the second to feature the character of Konrad Neal but it works well as a standalone.

Konrad Neal is on the verge of having his popular TV show cancelled unless he comes up with some new fresh ideas. Then barrister Harry Drysdale goes missing, with only his thumb being found, and Konrad finds the perfect opportunity to do some digging.

Meanwhile, Ella Fitzwilliam is in-between jobs when her old friend Val offers her a job as a PI. She must i
Jessica Bronder
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ella Fitzwilliam has just lost another job when Val, a friend from the past talks her into getting her private investigator’s license. It seems easy enough but she is going to learn that she really isn’t cut out for it. She would rather model nude for artists. But Val is on the hunt for some people that have harmed and are known to hang out at the private club Buxham. Val sends Ella in for recon and Ella learns that this club caters to those that enjoys ladies like Ella.

But then one of the men
Benjamin  Thomas
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like A.B. Morgan’s writing style. Right away, she places you in the mindset of the character within the scene. Well established point of view characters make this an easy and entertaining read. Great suspense, mystery, intrigue, and well balanced writing.

Misfits farm
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very different crime read. Ella is in need of a job. Her friend is a private investigator and suggests she join her however Ella is not really cut out for it. She does have a sixth sense about people but her technology skills leave something to be desired. Speaking of desired…. one of her first jobs is to infiltrate Buxhams, a private members club where the ladies are not slim shall we say. She finds a post there and has also done some life modelling recently which comes in handy when one of t ...more
Books n All  Jill Burkinshaw
Another brilliant read

This is a stand-alone book in the Crime Fiction genre. If you have never read anything by AB Morgan you don't know what you are missing. Her books always have a humorous element somewhere that has you laughing while still not detracting from the main theme of crime.

Ella is always up for a laugh even a mundane task like bingo calling has everyone laughing but the manager is not impressed and so endeth another job. However, among the audience is someone from her past and with
K.D. Bloodworth
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I gave this book a 4 star rating only because it seemed to jump around just a bit too much for my taste. With that said, don't let that keep you from reading this book. Once I settled into the story I was totally hooked.

I love Ella. I have known two people with the same mental issues and I was hoping that everything would end up well for her as it did for my friends.

Having been a larger woman all of my life, plus size or queen size according to the fashion industry or in other words, I'm not a
Neil S
REGINA ASBURY
Feb 17, 2019
Suzanne Ash
Feb 20, 2019
Alison Morgan lives in Bedfordshire where she was born and brought up. She worked in the county for nearly thirty years for the NHS mostly at the front line of mental health services.

Alison retired earlier than anticipated because of an unexpected health challenge which redirected her to write in order to save her own sanity. Her crime thrillers pull on many years of experience within psychiatry.