Start by marking “When Bodies Break: How we survive and thrive with illness and disability” as Want to Read:
When Bodies Break: How we survive and thrive with illness and disability

When Bodies Break: How we survive and thrive with illness and disability

Published December 21st 2018 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about When Bodies Break, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Bodies Break

Start your review of When Bodies Break: How we survive and thrive with illness and disability
J
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
felt less alone

This book was excellent. The essays were informative, and had personal stories. There were also essays that had coping skills, and othet important information
Thank you to all who took part!
Emmanuelle
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is a very good book made up of experiences from people with chronic diseases such as fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, etc. This does not seem full of positivity but on the contrary because we are aware of the fragility of life, of its richness too. This book is addressed so much to relatives, relatives of sick people to understand the inadequacy of their behaviors especially in the case of invisible illness but intolerable suffering! It is also addressed to those who are unfortunately often ...more
Wanda Watson
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A “must read” for chronically ill patients, their families, and friends! I highly recommend When Bodies Break for an in-depth understanding at living with a chronic illness. Part One tells the stories of wisdom gained by thirty-one persons living with their illnesses. Part Two gives information in navigating the medical system, dealing with emotions, creating income, etc.
Devin Hinkle
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Bodies Break was an inspiring book. Not having a lot of prior knowledge of the subject, I went in blindly. I learned so much from the people involved lives and stories. Knowing the author personally, I am very proud of what she has done. I could definitely see this on film or television.
Nancy Skoviera
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a Godsend to anyone that has a chronic illness. It is wonderful, super encouraging, so helpful! I love the layout. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Dee
Mar 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
If, as one of the contributors to this collection writes, 'God will deliver healing in his time', I wish he'd hurry up about it! I'm sure the individuals are very pleasant, inspirational people but reading one after another got quite depressing, after a while - not because of their conditions but because of their constant niceness.
Not my sort of book........
Courtney Madenford
GR8 read

I 💜THIS book cuz it brings about the REAL stories n doesn't mince the b.s.. Also I KNOW 1 of the ppl in the book as a GR8 friend n it's SO amazing
Faith Quigley
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. Well written and it was nice to read about others journeys dealing with chronic illness.
Jenny
Kelly
is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2020

• The Girl in the Corner
  • Vous revoir (Et si c’était vrai…, #2)
  • Réussir son référencement web - 2016-2017: Stratégies et techniques SEO