Start by marking “Final Option (Oregon Files, #14)” as Want to Read:
Final Option (Oregon Files, #14)

Final Option

(Oregon Files #14)

In Final Option, Juan Cabrillo fights the worst enemy from his past to the terrifying and unexpected ending created by the Grand Master of Adventure, Clive Cussler, in the latest action-packed thriller in his #1 New York Times-bestselling series.

When the CIA realizes the identities of three American spies in Brazil have been compromised, they turn to Juan Cabrillo and the
Published November 5th 2019 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

Start your review of Final Option (Oregon Files, #14)
Jean
This is book fourteen of the Oregon Files Series. I have become a fan of the Oregon ship and her crew. In this book Juan Cabrillo faces his greatest enemy. His enemy has created a ship just like the Oregon to challenge Cabrillo. The story goes from a mysterious sinking of a nuclear attack submarine to the jungles of Brazil looking for a WWII era weapon.

The book is well written. The plot twists and turns. The action is fast and non-stop. The story kept me on the edge of my chair, and I just
Steve
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book sets the stage for changes to come in the series. It's a good book, and it's an opportunity for shifts in the dynamics of the series. That could be very interesting given that we're 14 books in. I can't wait to see what happens in the next release.
Robert
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-20-season
A satisfying adventure save for the legion of doom bad guy convention that strains credulity in a world where maniacal is a better descriptor of the series collective antagonists much more so than memorable.
Kay
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh dear... have to wait a year to know... show me now! :)

The Oregon Files did it again! Fun, fast pace, on edge of your seat excitement and just an awesome crew. Boyd Morrison sends Clive Cussler last book of the year off with a BANG!
Randy
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Looks like Juan and his magic men and women of the Oregon are going to get a new ship. Cussler's hero's are indestructible, they always come out on top, but they sure do lose a lot of expensive equipment. A good book, now I want to read the next one.
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
If you are seeking the breathtaking thriller/adventure of the fall season, you need look no further. With FINAL OPTION, the latest Oregon Files novel, Clive Cussler and Boyd Morrison have created the literary equivalent of candy --- the result of which is an extremely pleasurable sugar rush that leaves you wanting more.

First of all, I have to thank the authors for providing a “Cast of Characters” organized by ship or location. It really helped keep the dozens of characters straight, and I
Bill Huffman
Shelves: z2019, znovember
The Final Option is a fast-moving, exciting read that kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The crew of the Oregon sustain a lot of injuries and I don’t see they can even get in a nap as the pace is so fast. I think Clive and Boyd compete with themselves as to how many amazing rescues they fit into each book. I had originally taken off 1 star because the main premise of the book (that an exact duplicate of the Oregon was built and manned and put into operation in a such a short time ...more
Robin Crawford
Another winner

The 14th installment in the Oregon Files series didn’t disappoint. Enjoyed this one immensely and look forward to the next book!
Marsha
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another good one! I sure do enjoy the adventures!
Bill Donhiser
I really enjoyed this book. Typical Clive Cussler and a lot of fun. I especially enjoyed the cross over characters from his other series. well done and highly recommended
 (raven4464)
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy a Clive Cussler story no matter who writes it Final Option is no different. It seems with time they get shorter and shorter or I am reading faster and faster but always entertaining. The good guys win in the end overcoming fantastic odds with death daring feats of mind and body. The action is non stop and keeps going through the entire book this one ending with the demise of the Oregon (on the cover). The description of how events play the physical surroundings action are great ...more
Rita McDowell
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow!

Excellent.read as usual! Definitely a cliff hanger! What is next and how soon? Keep up the awesome writing and entertainment! AWESOME!!!
K Saju
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the better ones
Kathy Davie
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller-action
Fourteenth (but not last) in The Oregon Files action thriller series and revolving around Captain/Chairman Juan Cabrillo and the Corporation aboard the high tech, camouflaged Oregon.

My Take
I never knew that whales in different parts of the world had a different language. It does make sense.

It's a tale of very active vengeance using global third-person subjective point-of-view, and the Oregon has acquired quite a few enemies.

The good guys are characters with their own quirks and commonalties with
Ed
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
#14 in The "Oregon" Files series. This 2019 series entry is #5 by authors Clive Cussler and Boyd Morrison, after entries penned by Clive Cussler with co-authors Craig Dirgo (2 entries) and then Jack du Brul (7 entries). This time out, Chairman Juan Castillo and the Corporation encounter a massive set of plot twists. Betrayed operations, a mole within the CIA, an old enemy rising from the dead, and what sounds like a cliché - Castillo's most deadly threat yet. With references to past operations ...more
Gabriel
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the best in the Oregon files series, that once again, I'm lucky to have had the chance to get my hands on in the day when it was released to the public, me I'm really grateful to the publishers and distributors who made it happen, and not last to the author who's spoiling us with such a great book to enjoy...

If you follow this author's work, this book won't disappoint, either, it's full of action and adventure, with plenty of twists and turns at every corner while the plot is unfolding.

Gloria Cangahuala
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clive Cussler and Boyd Morrison deliver another rollicking adventure in the Oregon files series. In "Final Option" Juan Cabrillo and his team from the Oregon find themselves up against a relentless adversary who is hell-bent on destroying Juan by any means possible. In addition to possessing a secret weapon created in the days of World War I, Juan's enemy also has a ship that seems to be identical to the Oregon in appearance, hidden technology, and weaponry. Has Juan finally met his match?

The
Nancy Novacek
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
"Final Option" by Clive Cussler
AWESOME! This creation is just so supberb! This is the lasted in the Oregon Files and is an extraodinary page turning adventure. Unfortunately, I can only give it 5 stars when it deserves so many more.
It is action packed and starts right at the beginning. No slow spots at all. I even got educated on some fancy malware that is out and about. i cheered right along with the crew when Juan raised the stars and stripes on the Oregon. I did gasp a couple of times too. (I
Craig Wakefield
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Clive Cussler normally does not provide much of a back story of characters in his stories, yet here in Final Option we learn more of Juan Cabrillo, the mistakes he has made and the price he has paid even to himself. The ramifications of what occurred in the past affect the fate not just of Cabrillo, but also his ship the Oregon as well. It is not often that we see the Oregon and it's crew so down trodden and at wit's end.

How many times does Cabrillo almost have to die in one novel? Is the
Fred Rayworth
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Final Option was another great read in the Oregon Files. This time Juan Cabrillo and the team face someone out for revenge. They have a unique weapon at their disposal and come after Juan directly. Of course, mayhem ensues.

What makes this one unique, at least for me was the more controlled point of view. As always, it was solid third-person, past-tense, but this time it was a lot more limited than usual with almost no head-hopping, which is a pet peeve of mine. The writing was above average, and
Claudia
I will admit that I had a rough time getting into this one - the first few chapters gave me the impression that the story, the villain, the manner of disruption was too familiar and with the duplicate Oregon freighter blackening the original Corporation's ship and staff, it seemed nearly cliche'd.

Thankfully, I kept reading and it did get better - especially as Juan and crew focused on Tate, their opponent with his crew and allies. Even a NUMA ship as well as Pitt and Sandecker make an
Bob
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Juan Cabrillo and the Oregon find themselves in a deadly battle with an ex CIA operative who Juan was instrumental in getting sent to prison. He managed to escape and teaming up with his lady friend and another CIA agent he had an exact juplicate of the Oregon built and using a unique sonic device to cause psychosis in those it was used against he has been disabling ships and looting and sinking them and making it look like the action of the Oregon. His final plan is to sink the Oregon and kill ...more
Dave
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Love Clive Cussler series. All of the great writing. Keep them coming back. Looking forward to my next adventure. With all the characters. Always looking for the next adventure. I have read almost every book he has written. Mmmmm~mmm~~mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm~mmm``nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnjjjjjjjjjjjjjug uh ugbububg uh bububub u bubu bubub uh ub u bubbu b u bub u bu bu bu bu bubu b uhh u bu bu buj
Minx
Well this was certainly not what I was expecting when I picked up an Oregon Files book! Juan and his team are usually the ones who are one step ahead in any situation but this time around they are the ones who are scrambling to keep up. WOW was this story packed with action! Juan and his crew are pushed to their limits and it was a nail biter down to the very end. I enjoyed reading Final Option very much and can't wait to see what is next in this series!
Theresa
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Oregon team run into trouble when they try to rescue three compromised agents from Brazil. Upon investigating what went wrong they discover someone is using a deadly new sonic weapon left over from WWI.

Bittersweet ending. Glad the bad guy got but at what cost.

Fave scenes: Raven taking down her man, Linda taking charge of the ship, the conclusion of the Kansas City sub rescue, escaping out of the Amazon jungle and the defense of the Deepwater.
William
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic, Great, Outstanding and Unbelievable

Another great story from The Oregon files. Clive Cussler and Boyd Morrison have written another masterpiece. I highly recommend this series to all, spy, intrigue and military enthusiasts. Research is outstanding characters are believable and brought to life. I have read and own this entire series most twice.
Kyle Rankins
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As big fan of Clive Cussler's series, I was looking forward to another Oregon adventure for a while - and this one did not disappoint. In fact, it was probably my favorite book in the series.
I won't spoil anything, but the personal nature of the story (and a bit of backstory) and the pace of the book made it a great read! And now, I truly cannot wait to see what lies ahead for The Corporation!
Debra Berding
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read several of Clive Cussler's books, and the Dirk Pitt and Juan Cabrillo are my favorite series.
This is my favorite book so far from both series. It was a lot of edge of your seat action.
We know that he is going to survive the ordeals, but the journey is heart pounding. Hard to put down.
Lynn Laryn
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Clive Cussler, along with Boyd Morrison, has again written a story full of action. Juan Cabrillo and crew are being stalked by a former CIIA agent, who used to be Juan's partner, until Juan successfully had him imprisoned in Chili for crimes against innocent victims. After escaping Tate is out to destroy Juan's reputation and his spy snip, the Oregon.The
Darel Krieger
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Juan Cabrillo wins again, although this time with a lot more bumps and bruises. This book was pretty good and kept you guessing about how Juan could possibly defeat his nemesis when all of the deck seemed to be stackers against him. Th final page left you waiting for the next book to see what has transpired with Juan, his crew and his ship. 3 1/2 stars for this one.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tom Clancy Code of Honor (Jack Ryan Universe Book 28)
  • Stealth (Stone Barrington, #51)
  • Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • Robert B. Parker's Angel Eyes (Spenser, #47)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp #18)
  • Exit Fee (Pike Logan #13.5)
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
  • The Night Fire (Harry Bosch #22; Renée Ballard, #3; Harry Bosch Universe, #32)
  • The Russia Account (Tommy Carmellini #9)
  • Bloody Genius (Virgil Flowers, #12)
  • The Resurrection Key (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #15)
  • The Andromeda Evolution (Andromeda #2)
  • Active Measures (Jericho Quinn #8)
  • The Deserter (Scott Brodie & Maggie Taylor)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • Robert B. Parker's The Bitterest Pill (Jesse Stone, #18)
Cussler began writing novels in 1965 and published his first work featuring his continuous series hero, Dirk Pitt, in 1973. His first non-fiction, The Sea Hunters, was released in 1996. The Board of Governors of the Maritime College, State University of New York, considered The Sea Hunters in lieu of a Ph.D. thesis and awarded Cussler a Doctor of Letters degree in May, 1997. It was the first time ...more

Oregon Files (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Golden Buddha (Oregon Files, #1)
  • Sacred Stone (Oregon Files, #2)
  • Dark Watch (Oregon Files, #3)
  • Skeleton Coast (Oregon Files, #4)
  • Plague Ship (Oregon Files, #5)
  • Corsair (Oregon Files, #6)
  • The Silent Sea (Oregon Files, #7)
  • The Jungle (Oregon Files, #8)
  • Mirage (Oregon Files, #9)
  • Piranha (Oregon Files, #10)