Start by marking “The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)

The Bridge Kingdom

(The Bridge Kingdom #1)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  26,388 ratings  ·  3,338 reviews
Lara has only one thought for her husband on their wedding day: I will bring your kingdom to its knees. A princess trained from childhood to be a lethal spy, Lara knows that the Bridge Kingdom represents both legendary evil - and legendary promise. The only route through a storm-ravaged world, the Bridge Kingdom controls all trade and travel between lands, allowing its rul ...more
Published August 13th 2019 by Context Literary Agency LLC (first published October 16th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Bridge Kingdom, please sign up.
Danielle Jensen It will be coming out first as an audiobook (Audible Originals in October 2018), with the ebook and physical book to follow. I don't have details on t…moreIt will be coming out first as an audiobook (Audible Originals in October 2018), with the ebook and physical book to follow. I don't have details on the release dates for those editions just yet, but I will share them when I do.(less)

·  26,388 ratings  ·  3,338 reviews

Start your review of The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
Helena Paris
“I will be the next Queen of Ithicana. And I will bring the Bridge Kingdom to its knees.”

description

ENEMIES TO LOVERS COMBINED WITH A MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE IS THE BEST MIX OF TROPES EVER CONCEIVED. IT JUST IS. I DON’T MAKE THE RULES. (For others, see: Falling Kingdoms, The Cruel Prince, Serpent & Dove, Cruel Beauty, Spinning Silver…)

description

This is a re-read in preparation for the sequel, The Traitor Queen, releasing in September, but I had initially picked up this gem on a whim. I was bored and the synopsis was
jessica
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
okayyy fine. i guess i will give this five stars because i really have no reason not to. ignore the fact that the cover is sporting some seriously awkward video game-esque graphics, because its so not representative of this wholly engaging story.

have i read this kind of story before? oh yeah. many times. the whole ‘enemies to lovers’ via a girl infiltrating another kingdom through marriage is one of my favourite plot devices, so this rating is probably quite biased. but theres something about t
Danielle Jensen
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
You can read the first 6 chapters for FREE by subscribing to my newsletter! https://danielleljensen.com/newslette...

This book was so much fun to write – pure entertainment with its action, intrigue, and steamy romance! And I hope you all feel the same way when you read it!

Unlike my other novels, The Bridge Kingdom is NOT Young Adult. Please shelve as New Adult Fantasy, Adult Fantasy, or Adult Romantic Fantasy. The characters are 20 (Lara) and 25 (Aren).

TW: Profanity, explicit sexual content, alc
• Lindsey Dahling •
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you’re a fan of the A Court of Thorns and Roses series and/or The Bargainer series, drop everything you’re doing AND READ THIS BOOK RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

NOT KIDDING. RIGHT NOW.

I can’t even tell you why because spoilers. Just trust me. TRUST ME, OKAY.

I just finished it and my heart is still racing. I can’t handle it. IT WAS SO GOOD. It doesn’t have Fae or magic or any elements like that in it, but you ACOTAR/Bargainer/good book fans especially NEED TO READ IT BECAUSE OMGGGGGGG.

FOCUS, LINDSEY. F
Nicole
On the surface, this is a story many of us dig. Enemies to lovers. She’s trained her whole life to be the downfall of her future husband’s kingdom. Betrothed because of a treaty, Lara is sent to marry the evil king of the bridge kingdom. She needs to discover the secrets of the important bridge connecting the continents, its weaknesses, and of course, any flaws that might help take it over. Several kingdoms tried from the outside and failed constantly. Her people are starving because Ithicana is ...more
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading

4.25 Stars

What if you fell in love with the one person you’d sworn to destroy?

The plot isn’t anything new, but oh wow this book feels fresh and . . . particular. Sometimes you find beauty and comfort in stories that are already familiar to you.

Brief storyline: A princess trained spy/assassin is tasked with infiltrating the enemy’s kingdom by seducing marrying its King under the guise of a peace alliance.

This was so good. Why isn’t it getting more hype?!?!? Or maybe it already has, a
Ida
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
⭐4 - 4.5 stars ⭐

This book royally screwed with my emotions!
description

For fifteen years, she’d been trained how to infiltrate an impenetrable kingdom.
How to discover weaknesses and exploit them.
How to destroy her enemies.
How to be merciless.
She’d been born for this.

I loved the first part of this book. 20 year old Lara has spent her last 15 years locked away in the desert where she's been trained for one purpose; marry the king, infiltrate his kingdom and bring it to its knees.

The Bri
Jessica
4.5 Stars

I really loved this book! I loved the premise of how Lara had literally trained her whole life to be a spy and take Aren down after they were married. They fell in love so slowly, but so deeply, and I was obsessed with the relationship. I must say, though, that this is a SLOW BURN romance and that had me absolutely dying. I wish we had a bit more pay off throughout their romance instead of just at the end of the book. Also, there was a HUGE miscommunication in here that I knew was going
ale ♡
Apr 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone. This is a book that all the GR community must read. It's a treasure.
“Even if I'm a goddamned fool for it, there will never be anyone but you.”

Hello, you, yes, you, who is reading this and looking for a good fantasy book, romance, action, with forced marriage and enemies to lovers, with a giant cat, a world divided by a bridge, islands with snakes, jungles, a grandmother obsessed with people's teeth, killer princesses and a handsome and sweet king.

Look no further. The Bridge Kingdom is that, and more. My old and wicked heart fell in love with this book. It is
Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell
What if you fell in love with the one person you'd sworn to destroy?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Edit on 2/26 with Sage.
Mrinmayi
At the moment, trying to take some rest...
This book ACTUALLY caused me a headache SMH

When the luuurve interest kept saying he luuuuurves the MC
Mrin was like

Also, the authors should know that making the girl an "assassin" DOESNOT make her strong.
This MC was a wonderful example of it
We're told she's "badass" and "strong" but she's not even going to stand up for her own people or herself.

She's also getting "betraying body syndrome"!!
This means that as soon as her hubby touches her..she luuurves him
☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣
Q: One kingdom to save. One kingdom to destroy. (c)

A SAS taskforce of princesses raised specifically to get some dratty stuff done for their whining king-daddy.

A king of a kingdom that's basically sieged by the bunch of its neighbours. And the rest of them who seem to believe it's them who's being wrongs and constrained by the said kingdom. So, how do best-laid plans and love matters get interconneced?

Obviously, via the bad familial ties and the good intentions. Where would we be, had the good
Riley
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
actual rating: 4.5
Elise Kova
I LOVED this book. Heart-pounding romance and intense action wrapped in a spellbinding world. I was hooked from the first page!

So excited it's now available in paperback, hardcover, AND audiobook formats!!
Lucie V.
✅ Arranged marriage
✅ Hate-to-love
✅ Action and fighting
✅ Badass and ruthless main character
✅ World-building
✅ Romance

I love hate-to-love stories so much, and this one is awesome!

Lara is a princess of Maridrina, raised as an assassin since she was 5 years old. Her father sends her to marry the new king of Ithicana as part of an old peace treaty, but he also expects her to find out how to take control of the famous bridge of Ithicana and to help Maridrina get revenge on Ithicana. She does not car
krista ☽✧
May 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars ✨✨✨✨
RTC.
A fun quick read with great enemies to lovers romance 👀
ALet
May 14, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2021
This was really fun! This wasn’t the most original book I ever read, but it was very engaging, and wasn’t afraid to go full out for the plot. I wasn’t really attached to the characters, but I still really liked them, I enjoyed dual pov, they had different voices, so it wasn’t confusing. The writing style was simplistic, but not dry. All in all, I cannot wait to read the second book in the series.
farwa⋆
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
~4.25 stars~

The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1) by Danielle L. Jensen

"Ithicana would pay for its crimes against her people, and by the time she was through with its king, he’d do more than bend. He’d bleed."

Someone send help lol I'm literally drowning in my obsession with this book (𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙬𝙞𝙢 *𝙝𝙞5 𝙇𝙖𝙧𝙖*). I don't know it's probably the atmosphere of it that sucked me in completely and I feel homesick for a place I've never been before.

Happy Cry GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

So this NA Romantic Fantasy story basically follows : Lara, a princes
Aoife - Bookish_Babbling
*whelp*
*battens-down-the-hatches*

2.5-2.75* being generous as I enjoyed the world but got so mad at the MCs and their blinkered blindness (yes I feel justified in doubling down on the inability to see clearly) and sadly even tho I enjoyed the side characters, they were not on page enough to save the read for me this time 😕
Proceed with caution in case any of the things I didn't like are spoiler'y, I do not go into specifics...but one can never know

Did we read a different book to so many others? I
✨ A ✨
Really enjoyed this and cant wait to read the next one! Review to come.

---

Please please please let this be as good as i hope it is

Find Me: Ko-FiBlogTiktokInstagramTwitter
marta the book slayer
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone that is looking for a fantasy/romance read
Recommended to marta the book slayer by: the last remaining hope of the GR community

Before we begin, an easy way to see whether I liked a book or not is if I spent the time curating a playlist inspired by the characters and plot. Without further ado, I present to you my Spotify playlist. Enjoy

Where has this novel been my whole life? By whole life I mean the torturous time while I was reading SJM and JLA novels that have been claimed as the
preoccupiedbybooks
Soild start, meh middle and good, if predictable ending! Rtc
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
An English woman, an Irish Woman, a Belgian, a German and an Italian, all walk into a bar, wait no that's not right...

Finally getting around to this buddy/group read with the gorgeous Eeeefa, Kimster, Jess and other Fran
politetemper
2.5 stars?

OK, I was really looking forward to this book.

I have mixed feelings.

I thought Lara was going to be this really strong female character who's methodical and mysterious and didn't do anything without thought...but this wasn't the case. I find it hard to like someone - anyone- who doesn't question everything. Knowing the type of person her father was and knowing how little he cares about his OWN DAUGHTERS, I just didn't understand how she just took his word for everything. If it was me, I
Ashleigh (a frolic through fiction)
Ok, so, this one was enjoyable, but I think the synopsis gave far too much away. It's not often I see everything coming but...yeah :/

It was an easy one to fall into, with the immediate high stakes and witty comments back and forth in the dialogue. I'm always a sucker for the snarky dialogue so often paired with people trying to scope each other out. I think the dialogue was one of the strongest parts of this book, and when partnered with the romantic themes it just had me hooked.

That being said,
Katherine
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-favorites
E.P.I.C.!!This story, the characters, the world building, the bloody romance-- everything was *Chefs Kiss*, amazing 😚 Read it! You wont regret it. (5) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

( I could write a review on how much this book kicked ass, but honestly just read it. I wont spoil the fun 😏💗💗💗💗💗)
☆ Anneli ☆
The Bridge Kingdom
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I was told this book was going to be smutty, I meaaaaaan.
Am I disappointed? Yes🙄
Did I enjoy it though? Absolutely!🥰
I can’t say it reached my expectations but at least it didn’t turn out to be BAD bad.
Well, too much political talk, I couldn’t even focus on what they were talking about most of the time.
I also didn’t like that we knew the plot twist before it happened, it was just waiting and waiting until they realized that the rat king read the letter with invisible ink.
Lea
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I love you," he said, his lips grazing against hers. "And I will love you, no matter what the future brings. No matter how hard I need to fight. I will always love you.”

This book has ruined me completely. Emotionally, physically, mentally. Very few novels have ever elicited such a strong emotional response from me, and yet…. I actually felt sick to my stomach while reading the twists and betrayals in this book. It’s all I can think about.

And it’s shocking because…. I initially didn’t like
Levie
Almost DNF @ hour 4:26:50. And many times after that.

I would call this a diet fantasy. Which is neither good nor bad, simply a preference. If you loved Throne of Glass and favored Aelin over Celaena than this is for you. That being said, I do think the characters were a little less compelling than I would have liked.

I had a huge problem with the language used. The way people spoke and the way things were described was like a blend of medieval and modern language, which was jarring for me as the
Lia Carstairs
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
I really, really, really wanted to love this book, but honestly.........
I'm just happy I finally finished it.😔

The beginning really got me excited for the rest of The Bridge Kingdom, but then eventually I felt like the excitement was dying down and the pacing got super slow.
I was tempted to DNF halfway, but I mean, I was almost done so I thought that I might as well finish the rest. I don't know, I just go so bored.

I liked Lara in the beginning and found her cool, but that was probably it. A
Lien
I'm sorry I just have to get this off my chest so this won't be a pretty review. Please look away if you loved this book or planning to read it in the future.

SPOILERS AHEAD

There were so many times where I just wanted to throw in the towel and be done with it. The plot was so predictable I think everyone will know exactly where the story is going. It’s basically waiting for the proverbial shit to hit the fan, waiting for doomsday to come.

For reference, Lara has been trained all her life t

• A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • The ​Crown of Gilded Bones (Blood and Ash, #3)
  • A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer, #2)
  • Dark Harmony (The Bargainer, #3)
  • Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy, #1)
  • A Game of Fate (Hades Saga, #1)
  • Radiance (Wraith Kings, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Fable (Fable, #1)
See top shelves…
Danielle L. Jensen is the USA Today bestselling author of The Malediction Trilogy (Angry Robot), the Dark Shores series (Tor Teen), and The Bridge Kingdom series (Audible Originals). She lives in Calgary, Alberta with her family.

The Bridge Kingdom (5 books)
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom, #2)
  • Untitled (The Bridge Kingdom #3)
  • Untitled (The Bridge Kingdom, #4)
  • Untitled (The Bridge Kingdom, #5)