Start by marking “The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)

The Bridge Kingdom

(The Bridge Kingdom #1)

What if you fell in love with the one person you'd sworn to destroy?

Lara has only one thought for her husband on their wedding day: I will bring your kingdom to its knees. A princess trained from childhood to be a lethal spy, Lara knows that the Bridge Kingdom represents both legendary evil - and legendary promise. The only route through a storm-ravaged world, the Bridge
Published August 13th 2019 by Context Literary Agency

To ask other readers questions about The Bridge Kingdom, please sign up.
Danielle Jensen It will be coming out first as an audiobook (Audible Originals in October 2018), with the ebook and physical book to follow. I don't have details on…moreIt will be coming out first as an audiobook (Audible Originals in October 2018), with the ebook and physical book to follow. I don't have details on the release dates for those editions just yet, but I will share them when I do.(less)

Start your review of The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
Danielle Jensen
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
You can read the first 6 chapters for FREE! https://dl.bookfunnel.com/uc54a6937e

This book was so much fun to write – pure entertainment with its action, intrigue, and steamy romance! And I hope you all feel the same way when you read it!

Unlike my other novels, The Bridge Kingdom is NOT Young Adult. Please shelve as New Adult Fantasy, Adult Fantasy, or Adult Romantic Fantasy. The characters are 20 (Lara) and 25 (Aren).

TW: Profanity, explicit sexual content, alcohol consumption, and violence.

For
Helena of Eretz ✰
Oh no no no no no! It CANNOT end like that! I’m actually crying. I’m heartbroken. How am I supposed to wait an entire year?! Bloody cliffhangers, ugh. And to think I almost didn’t even pick this up. That’d have been a shame.

This was PHENOMENAL and my favourite Danielle L. Jensen book to date.

Hate-to-love romance? Check.
Plotting and scheming? Check.
Princess turned spy and assassin? Check.
Honourable and broody love interest? Check.
Political intrigue? Check.
Bloody and deadly battles? Check.
Riley
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
actual rating: 4.5
C.G. Drews
An intriguing political adult fantasy that had me internally screaming by the end. It also doesn't hold back for the action scenes and the jungle setting (ships and seas and humid islands of snakes) was just so very delectably aesthetic. I always fumble a bit with politics and settings, and I wish there'd been a map to get my head around the world? It features a hate-to-love romance/marriage though, and suits as a good crossover from YA to adult fantasy. ...more
Elise Kova
I LOVED this book. Heart-pounding romance and intense action wrapped in a spellbinding world. I was hooked from the first page!

So excited it's now available in paperback, hardcover, AND audiobook formats!!
Stacey is Sassy
I’m glad I found this new author to me…

The first chapter of The Bridge Kingdom had me grinning. I knew deep down it was a little sick that I was grinning because there were murder and mayhem all around. But, I saw (heard) beyond what I was supposed to see (hear). With my fingers crossed, and my heart pounding, I hoped that this evil creature could be a chameleon.

Happy dances…I found an epic tale!!!

Our heroine is portrayed as an intense, greedy and self-serving woman whose ambition leads her on a
Deborah Obida
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, new-adult
This is my second series by the author and I have to admit I love her books, they might not be mind blowing yet but they are sure to be awesome and live you shocked.

The author used one of my favourite troupe, enemies to lovers. The plot follows two protagonists Aren and Lara who are both the progeny of two monarchs. The both were betrothed to get married at a very young age, the problems are their kingdoms are enemies and they have never met.

Isn't that a fun plot, well it was too me. The world
Ann (annreads)
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW THAT WAS UTTERLY INCREDIBLE
I’m calling it, this book may be one of the best and most refreshing things I’ve read in all year! To say that I loved it would be an understatement, since I just finished it and already want to read it all over again *new favorite alert*

I’ll try to write a review as soon as possible, but know that you’re totally missing out if you don’t pick up this one!

5/5
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
What if you fell in love with the one person you'd sworn to destroy?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
Jessica {Litnoob}
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my sweet baby Jesus how the fuck can a book break me like this????

Dude honestly this was a wild ride and I don’t want to give any spoilers because I want everyone to read it. Seriously, you need to read this book. But I will tell you guys all the things that make this book so worth the funds.

The world building is amazing. We start out knowing as little as Lara does about the world, we have some tales whispered negatively about others but we learn in real time with the queen and it’s something
melissafandomworld
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a truly enjoyable read this was and one that leaves me aching and in need of the next installment. I already fell in love with Danielle's writing when reading her prior written YA books, the malediction trilogy and Dark Shores, and I'm glad to say that her venture into New Adult romance was a success as well.

There's a really interesting world I got to know here, including politics and amazing settings. I loved exploring this world, a world that could be so brutal at times, and already
Christa
Enemies to lovers fantasy romance

Rtc
~~~~~~~~

I’m looking forward to reading this when it comes out in print/ebook format. I have nothing against audiobook readers (they were a game changer for my blind grandmother) but my mind can’t focus on just audiobooks.
Levie
Almost DNF @ hour 4:26:50. And many times after that.

I would call this a diet fantasy. Which is neither good nor bad, simply a preference. If you loved Throne of Glass and favored Aelin over Celaena than this is for you. That being said, I do think the characters were a little less compelling than I would have liked.

I had a huge problem with the language used. The way people spoke and the way things were described was like a blend of medieval and modern language, which was jarring for me as the
Breanna
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS REVIEW & MORE Paws and Paperbacks

This book was 100% worth the wait. Danielle L. Jensen promised a badass heroine, a lushly unique world, and a compelling hate-to-love romance and boy, did she delivered. The Bridge Kingdom is a book I’ve been waiting for ever since it was first announce and it definitely did not disappoint!

The action begins right off the back and it does not hold back! I was hooked from the first chapter, which instantly had me loving the heroine, Lara. The book first
politetemper
2.5 stars?

OK, I was really looking forward to this book.

I have mixed feelings.

I thought Lara was going to be this really strong female character who's methodical and mysterious and didn't do anything without thought...but this wasn't the case. I find it hard to like someone - anyone- who doesn't question everything. Knowing the type of person her father was and knowing how little he cares about his OWN DAUGHTERS, I just didn't understand how she just took his word for everything. If it was me, I
Maggie

I liked this book but it didn't blow me away, still, I really want to read the second book. After that ending, I need to know what comes next and I have a feeling that I will like the second book more than this one.
Erika (The Nocturnal Fey)
THIS IS ME AFTER I FINISHED THE BRIDGE KINGDOM:

Full review soon
Melissa
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy cow! What a ride this story was! This book (as of now) is only available as an audio book. I have never ever experienced an audio book like this one. Never. I was terrified to finish it. Seriously. I was terrified. I knew what what going to happen. It was obvious from almost the beginning what was going to happen. And I did. not. want. to. hear. it. Not at all. I got about 90% finished, and I had to turn off my audible app on my phone because I was making myself sick with worry. And then I ...more
Fae Crate
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOW MUCH LOVE CAN I ANNOUNCE TO THE WORLD THAT I HAVE FOR THIS BOOK.

Okay so this book is HAWT and LOVELY. This is a slooooow burn romance that builds so much tension that you feel like a rubber band pulled at it’s max. I was rooting for this romance so hard you guys. The ship has sailed and gone around the galaxy and back for this couple. They both deserve love and DECENCY in their lives and deserve it from one another.

The world building of The Bridge Kingdom is beautiful and lush and full of
Katrin D
This story wasn't bad, just...mediocre. The setting was the most unique part by far and if there's anything worth the time spent reading/listening to this book, this is it. The rest: the premise, the love story, the plot, they were all quite predictable and cliche.

I honestly don't know if I'll continue the series, but I guess we'll see once the second book comes out.
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Rating ~3.5

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Is it a tad predictable and filled with some typical tropes? Yes.

But those tropes are done well enough that I truly did not mind.

*Review to come*
shre ♡
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
[4.5 stars]

THAT ENDING. I can just TASTE how good the next one is going to be and it huRTS.
Bright Star
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2019

This book took me completely by surprise! I mean, the plot sounded interesting but I didn't think I would have loved it so much! It had everything I hoped for: enemies to lovers, enthralling story, an unique worldbuilding, a bit of politics and many twists. I wish I had already the sequel because with that ending the waiting now will be endless.
Maria Elena
I’m currently lacking the words to form a coherent sentence without sounding like a deranged fangirl but … THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING! The world-building was very original—I loved reading about the intricate politics and how it all revolves around the control of the bridge. But what I especially loved were the characters and the romance. Lara is the sort of badass female that I adore—intelligent, strong, reliant on not just beauty or physical prowess, but on all her assets. Aren—honorable, ...more
flavia
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LARA AND AREN HAVE MY HEART IT'S NOT LONGER MINE BUT THEIRS
Kilikina
DNF at 34%

This saddens me, but I can't get into this :( I was really hoping to love this, and I'm not.

I might pick it back up another time? But for now I'm gonna stop here.

__________
How am I just hearing about this book NOW?!?! This sounds amazing!
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
I LOVED The Bridge Kingdom! Had the awesome opportunity to read early and I can tell you the audiobook will be EPIC! Lara is so fierce and Aren so... *swoons*. You need this book in your life!
Lalu☽
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliantly told story of war and kickass women! I need the sequel NOW!
Rhiannon Chillingworth
I'm really mixed on this one.

I can't deny that this book is well written, that it's an engaging story and that the writer is talented. The storyline is not an original one, but it is well done.

However, there were some things that just made this not massively enjoyable for me, and whilst I enjoy an angsty ride, I just found myself so frustrated that I just wanted it to be over, really.

The MC was so willfully dense that I just couldn't get behind her. Yes, I get that her sheltered and violent
Sheharzad ⚘
Aug 23, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
A princess trained to be a lethal spy is sent to marry the king of an enemy realm. But complications arise when she finds herself falling for the man she was raised to destroy.
ugh, yes. this is one of my favourite tropes and i will never tire of it. besides, october 2018 ain't that far away either!!

• Promise of Darkness (Dark Court Rising, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • When Wishes Bleed
  • Fortune Favors the Cruel (Dark Maji, #1)
  • Shadow Knights (Knights of the Realm, #2)
  • War of Hearts
  • Evermore Academy: Winter
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Blessed be the Wicked (Dark Maji, #2)
  • Cold Queen
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes #2)
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Twisted is the Crown (Dark Maji, #3)
  • Find Me Their Bones (Bring Me Their Hearts, #2)
  • The Orchid Throne (Forgotten Empires, #1)
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
Danielle L. Jensen is the USA Today bestselling author of The Malediction Trilogy (Angry Robot), the Dark Shores series (Tor Teen), and The Bridge Kingdom series (Audible Originals). She lives in Calgary, Alberta with her family.

I would love to be your friend on Goodreads!

The Bridge Kingdom (2 books)
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom #2)
“Aren't we bold now that we believe we are untouchable.” 0 likes