Start by marking “The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)

The Bridge Kingdom

(The Bridge Kingdom #1)

What if you fell in love with the one person you'd sworn to destroy?

Lara has only one thought for her husband on their wedding day: I will bring your kingdom to its knees. A princess trained from childhood to be a lethal spy, Lara knows that the Bridge Kingdom represents both legendary evil - and legendary promise. The only route through a storm-ravaged world, the Bridge
Published August 13th 2019 by Context Literary Agency

To ask other readers questions about The Bridge Kingdom, please sign up.
Danielle Jensen It will be coming out first as an audiobook (Audible Originals in October 2018), with the ebook and physical book to follow. I don't have details on…moreIt will be coming out first as an audiobook (Audible Originals in October 2018), with the ebook and physical book to follow. I don't have details on the release dates for those editions just yet, but I will share them when I do.(less)

Start your review of The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
Danielle Jensen
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
You can read the first 6 chapters for FREE! https://dl.bookfunnel.com/uc54a6937e

This book was so much fun to write pure entertainment with its action, intrigue, and steamy romance! And I hope you all feel the same way when you read it!

Unlike my other novels, The Bridge Kingdom is NOT Young Adult. Please shelve as New Adult Fantasy, Adult Fantasy, or Adult Romantic Fantasy. The characters are 20 (Lara) and 25 (Aren).

TW: Profanity, explicit sexual content, alcohol consumption, and violence.

For
Helena of Eretz ✰
Oh no no no no no! It CANNOT end like that! Im actually crying. Im heartbroken. How am I supposed to wait an entire year?! Bloody cliffhangers, ugh. And to think I almost didnt even pick this up. Thatd have been a shame.

This was PHENOMENAL and my favourite Danielle L. Jensen book to date.

Hate-to-love romance? Check.
Plotting and scheming? Check.
Princess turned spy and assassin? Check.
Honourable and broody love interest? Check.
Political intrigue? Check.
Bloody and deadly battles? Check.
Riley
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
actual rating: 4.5
C.G. Drews
An intriguing political adult fantasy that had me internally screaming by the end. 👀 It also doesn't hold back for the action scenes and the jungle setting (ships and seas and humid islands of snakes) was just so very delectably aesthetic. I always fumble a bit with politics and settings, and I wish there'd been a map to get my head around the world? It features a hate-to-love romance/marriage though, and suits as a good crossover from YA to adult fantasy.
Elise Kova
I LOVED this book. Heart-pounding romance and intense action wrapped in a spellbinding world. I was hooked from the first page!

So excited it's now available in paperback, hardcover, AND audiobook formats!!
Stacey is Sassy
Im glad I found this new author to me

The first chapter of The Bridge Kingdom had me grinning. I knew deep down it was a little sick that I was grinning because there were murder and mayhem all around. But, I saw (heard) beyond what I was supposed to see (hear). With my fingers crossed, and my heart pounding, I hoped that this evil creature could be a chameleon.

Happy dancesI found an epic tale!!!

Our heroine is portrayed as an intense, greedy and self-serving woman whose ambition leads her on a
Deborah Obida
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, new-adult
This is my second series by the author and I have to admit I love her books, they might not be mind blowing yet but they are sure to be awesome and live you shocked.

The author used one of my favourite troupe, enemies to lovers. The plot follows two protagonists Aren and Lara who are both the progeny of two monarchs. The both were betrothed to get married at a very young age, the problems are their kingdoms are enemies and they have never met.

Isn't that a fun plot, well it was too me. The world
Ann (annreads)
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW THAT WAS UTTERLY INCREDIBLE
Im calling it, this book may be one of the best and most refreshing things Ive read in all year! To say that I loved it would be an understatement, since I just finished it and already want to read it all over again *new favorite alert🚨*

Ill try to write a review as soon as possible, but know that youre totally missing out if you dont pick up this one!

5/5★★★★★
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
What if you fell in love with the one person you'd sworn to destroy?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
Ashlee » Library In The Country
What was the last book you started that you knew would be an immediate five stars just from the first chapter?

THIS is the New Adult book Ive been looking for. Fantasy and angsty romance all wrapped up in a beautiful enemies to lovers package.
Jessica {Litnoob}
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my sweet baby Jesus how the fuck can a book break me like this????

Dude honestly this was a wild ride and I dont want to give any spoilers because I want everyone to read it. Seriously, you need to read this book. But I will tell you guys all the things that make this book so worth the funds.

The world building is amazing. We start out knowing as little as Lara does about the world, we have some tales whispered negatively about others but we learn in real time with the queen and its something
melissafandomworld
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a truly enjoyable read this was and one that leaves me aching and in need of the next installment. I already fell in love with Danielle's writing when reading her prior written YA books, the malediction trilogy and Dark Shores, and I'm glad to say that her venture into New Adult romance was a success as well.

There's a really interesting world I got to know here, including politics and amazing settings. I loved exploring this world, a world that could be so brutal at times, and already
politetemper
2.5 stars?

OK, I was really looking forward to this book.

I have mixed feelings.

I thought Lara was going to be this really strong female character who's methodical and mysterious and didn't do anything without thought...but this wasn't the case. I find it hard to like someone - anyone- who doesn't question everything. Knowing the type of person her father was and knowing how little he cares about his OWN DAUGHTERS, I just didn't understand how she just took his word for everything. If it was me, I
Christa
Enemies to lovers fantasy romance

Rtc
~~~~~~~~

Im looking forward to reading this when it comes out in print/ebook format. I have nothing against audiobook readers (they were a game changer for my blind grandmother) but my mind cant focus on just audiobooks.
Levie
Almost DNF @ hour 4:26:50. And many times after that.

I would call this a diet fantasy. Which is neither good nor bad, simply a preference. If you loved Throne of Glass and favored Aelin over Celaena than this is for you. That being said, I do think the characters were a little less compelling than I would have liked.

I had a huge problem with the language used. The way people spoke and the way things were described was like a blend of medieval and modern language, which was jarring for me as the
Breanna
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS REVIEW & MORE → Paws and Paperbacks

This book was 100% worth the wait. Danielle L. Jensen promised a badass heroine, a lushly unique world, and a compelling hate-to-love romance and boy, did she delivered. The Bridge Kingdom is a book Ive been waiting for ever since it was first announce and it definitely did not disappoint!

The action begins right off the back and it does not hold back! I was hooked from the first chapter, which instantly had me loving the heroine, Lara. The book first
Fae Crate
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOW MUCH LOVE CAN I ANNOUNCE TO THE WORLD THAT I HAVE FOR THIS BOOK.

Okay so this book is HAWT and LOVELY. This is a slooooow burn romance that builds so much tension that you feel like a rubber band pulled at its max. I was rooting for this romance so hard you guys. The ship has sailed and gone around the galaxy and back for this couple. They both deserve love and DECENCY in their lives and deserve it from one another.

The world building of The Bridge Kingdom is beautiful and lush and full of
Maggie

I liked this book but it didn't blow me away, still, I really want to read the second book. After that ending, I need to know what comes next and I have a feeling that I will like the second book more than this one.
Erika (The Nocturnal Fey)
THIS IS ME AFTER I FINISHED THE BRIDGE KINGDOM:

Full review soon
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I thought this book was terrific. The only reason it was not a 5 star read is because one of my pet peeves is when the characters don't try to see if what they've been told their entire life is true and that they haven't been brainwashed. I did not like that it took almost the entire book for Lara to realize all was not what her father had made it to be.

I was prepared to get the other book when I saw it will be released later this year. Can't wait to read it.
Melissa
2020 Update - I thought it was hard to read this story when I didn't know what was going to happen, but I have to say it was waaaaaay harder to listen to it when I knew what was going to happen at the end. This book still got my heart beating uncontrollably before I felt it ripped out of my chest, only to be stomped on and destroyed by the events of this book. I have waited for what seems like FOREVER for the sequel to come out. FINALLY, I'm off to listen to it, praying that Lara finds some way ...more
Alex
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Soooo. This rating could be my fault really.
The problem was I read the reviews for this book and saw all the hype, I thought wow this is going to be awesome, everyone is saying its one of their new faves! Lets do this
Yeahhh. Nope. Truthfully 2 stars is me being generous.

I did not enjoy this book.

1. Predictable as all hell.
2. Both MCs were annoying and honestly boring.
3. The whole book was so BORING but then the last 20 pages you make it predictably intriguing and end on a huge cliffhanger.
Katrin D
This story wasn't bad, just...mediocre. The setting was the most unique part by far and if there's anything worth the time spent reading/listening to this book, this is it. The rest: the premise, the love story, the plot, they were all quite predictable and cliche.

I honestly don't know if I'll continue the series, but I guess we'll see once the second book comes out.
shre ♡
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
[4.5 stars]

THAT ENDING. I can just TASTE how good the next one is going to be and it huRTS.
Cindy ✩☽♔
Rating ~3.5

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Is it a tad predictable and filled with some typical tropes? Yes.

But those tropes are done well enough that I truly did not mind.

*Review to come*
flavia
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LARA AND AREN HAVE MY HEART IT'S NOT LONGER MINE BUT THEIRS
Kendra Cusworth
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
4 stars

Since she was five years old, Lara has been raised to be the stealthiest spy, the deadliest assassin, the loveliest seductress, but, most importantly, to despise the Ithicanian Kingdom and its king. Now Lara is twenty, and the Ithicanian king calls upon the 15 year treaty, in which a daughter of the Maridian king is sent to Ithicana to marry their king. It is her mission to make him fall in love with her so that he tells her all the secrets of the Bridge Kingdom, then she can secretly
Maria Elena
Im currently lacking the words to form a coherent sentence without sounding like a deranged fangirl but THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING! The world-building was very originalI loved reading about the intricate politics and how it all revolves around the control of the bridge. But what I especially loved were the characters and the romance. Lara is the sort of badass female that I adoreintelligent, strong, reliant on not just beauty or physical prowess, but on all her assets. Arenhonorable, magnificent ...more
Bright Star
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2019

This book took me completely by surprise! I mean, the plot sounded interesting but I didn't think I would have loved it so much! It had everything I hoped for: enemies to lovers, enthralling story, an unique worldbuilding, a bit of politics and many twists. I wish I had already the sequel because with that ending the waiting now will be endless.
Kilikina
DNF at 34%

This saddens me, but I can't get into this :( I was really hoping to love this, and I'm not.

I might pick it back up another time? But for now I'm gonna stop here.

__________
How am I just hearing about this book NOW?!?! This sounds amazing!

• Promise of Darkness (Dark Court Rising, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Fortune Favors the Cruel (Dark Maji, #1)
  • Shadow Knights (Knights of the Realm, #2)
  • When Wishes Bleed
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • Cold Queen
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • War of Hearts
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • Blessed be the Wicked (Dark Maji, #2)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes #2)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy #1)
  • Twisted is the Crown (Dark Maji, #3)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
Danielle L. Jensen is the USA Today bestselling author of The Malediction Trilogy (Angry Robot), the Dark Shores series (Tor Teen), and The Bridge Kingdom series (Audible Originals). She lives in Calgary, Alberta with her family.

I would love to be your friend on Goodreads!

The Bridge Kingdom (4 books)
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom #2)
  • Untitled (The Bridge Kingdom #3)
  • Untitled (The Bridge Kingdom, #4)

News & Interviews

“Alive isn't living.” 0 likes
“Even if I'm a goddamned fool for it, there will never be anyone but you.” 0 likes