Start by marking “The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)

The Bridge Kingdom

(The Bridge Kingdom #1)

What if you fell in love with the one person you'd sworn to destroy?

Lara has only one thought for her husband on their wedding day: I will bring your kingdom to its knees. A princess trained from childhood to be a lethal spy, Lara knows that the Bridge Kingdom represents both legendary evil - and legendary promise. The only route through a storm-ravaged world, the Bridge
Published August 13th 2019 by Context Literary Agency

To ask other readers questions about The Bridge Kingdom, please sign up.
Danielle Jensen It will be coming out first as an audiobook (Audible Originals in October 2018), with the ebook and physical book to follow. I don't have details on…moreIt will be coming out first as an audiobook (Audible Originals in October 2018), with the ebook and physical book to follow. I don't have details on the release dates for those editions just yet, but I will share them when I do.(less)

Danielle Jensen
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book was so much fun to write – pure entertainment with its action, intrigue, and steamy romance! And I hope you all feel the same way when you read it!

Unlike my other novels, The Bridge Kingdom is NOT Young Adult. Please shelve as New Adult Fantasy, Adult Fantasy, or Adult Romantic Fantasy. The characters are 20 (Lara) and 25 (Aren).

TW: Profanity, explicit sexual content, alcohol consumption, and violence.

For those of you looking for spelling of character names and places, I have a guide p
Helena of Sparta ✰
Oh no no no no no! It CANNOT end like that! I’m actually crying. I’m heartbroken. How am I supposed to wait an entire year?! Bloody cliffhangers,ugh. And to think I almost didn’t even pick this up. That’d have been a shame.

This was PHENOMENAL and my favourite Danielle L. Jensen book to date.

Hate-to-love romance? Check.
Plotting and scheming? Check.
Princess turned spy and assassin? Check.
Honourable and broody love interest? Check.
Political intrigue? Check.
Bloody and deadly battles? Check.
E
Elise Kova
I LOVED this book. Heart-pounding romance and intense action wrapped in a spellbinding world. I was hooked from the first page!

So excited it's now available in paperback, hardcover, AND audiobook formats!!
Stacey is Sassy
I’m glad I found this new author to me…

The first chapter of The Bridge Kingdom had me grinning. I knew deep down it was a little sick that I was grinning because there were murder and mayhem all around. But, I saw (heard) beyond what I was supposed to see (hear). With my fingers crossed, and my heart pounding, I hoped that this evil creature could be a chameleon.

Happy dances…I found an epic tale!!!

Our heroine is portrayed as an intense, greedy and self-serving woman whose ambition leads her on a
Ann (annreads)
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW THAT WAS UTTERLY INCREDIBLE
I’m calling it, this book may be one of the best and most refreshing things I’ve read in all year! To say that I loved it would be an understatement, since I just finished it and already want to read it all over again *new favorite alert🚨*

I’ll try to write a review as soon as possible, but know that you’re totally missing out if you don’t pick up this one!

5/5★★★★★
Erika (The Nocturnal Fey)
THIS IS ME AFTER I FINISHED THE BRIDGE KINGDOM:

Full review soon
Melissa
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy cow! What a ride this story was! This book (as of now) is only available as an audio book. I have never ever experienced an audio book like this one. Never. I was terrified to finish it. Seriously. I was terrified. I knew what what going to happen. It was obvious from almost the beginning what was going to happen. And I did. not. want. to. hear. it. Not at all. I got about 90% finished, and I had to turn off my audible app on my phone because I was making myself sick with worry. And then I ...more
Katrin D
This story wasn't bad, just...mediocre. The setting was the most unique part by far and if there's anything worth the time spent reading/listening to this book, this is it. The rest: the premise, the love story, the plot, they were all quite predictable and cliche.

I honestly don't know if I'll continue the series, but I guess we'll see once the second book comes out.
Christa
Enemies to lovers fantasy romance

Rtc
~~~~~~~~

I’m looking forward to reading this when it comes out in print/ebook format. I have nothing against audiobook readers (they were a game changer for my blind grandmother) but my mind can’t focus on just audiobooks.
Lalu☽
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliantly told story of war and kickass women! I need the sequel NOW!
Sheharzad ⚘
Aug 23, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
A princess trained to be a lethal spy is sent to marry the king of an enemy realm. But complications arise when she finds herself falling for the man she was raised to destroy.
ugh, yes. this is one of my favourite tropes and i will never tire of it. besides, october 2018 ain't that far away either!!
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
I LOVED The Bridge Kingdom! Had the awesome opportunity to read early and I can tell you the audiobook will be EPIC! Lara is so fierce and Aren so... *swoons*. You need this book in your life!
Fae Crate
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOW MUCH LOVE CAN I ANNOUNCE TO THE WORLD THAT I HAVE FOR THIS BOOK.

Okay so this book is HAWT and LOVELY. This is a slooooow burn romance that builds so much tension that you feel like a rubber band pulled at it’s max. I was rooting for this romance so hard you guys. The ship has sailed and gone around the galaxy and back for this couple. They both deserve love and DECENCY in their lives and deserve it from one another.

The world building of The Bridge Kingdom is beautiful and lush and full of
Kilikina
How am I just hearing about this book NOW?!?! This sounds amazing!
Cait - GoodeyReads
Second listen: August 2019 - STILL LOVE IT. STILL BROKE MY HEART AT THE EXACT SAME MOMENT. I need book two desperately.

MY NEW FAVORITE BOOK.

BLOG || INSTA

No really, I’m serious.

Without a doubt this is my new favorite new adult fantasy romance.

First, the ANGST between these two had me melting. I LIVE FOR ANGSTY ROMANCE. It’s an enemies to lovers trope with the crux being a marriage because of a treaty. These two have never seen each other and know very little (and incorrect) information about each
Breanna
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Edit 8/21/19: This was so worth the wait!

I've only been waiting F O R E V E R for this to finally come to print! 👏🏼👏🏼
Samantha (The Biblophage)
The first chapter will have you hooked. After that, it’s nonstop until the end. I loved every minute of this. Danielle L. Jensen is the next rising star in both young adult and adult fantasy. Can’t wait to read more from her and specifically this series!
Jessica {Litnoob}
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my sweet baby Jesus how the fuck can a book break me like this????

Dude honestly this was a wild ride and I don’t want to give any spoilers because I want everyone to read it. Seriously, you need to read this book. But I will tell you guys all the things that make this book so worth the funds.

The world building is amazing. We start out knowing as little as Lara does about the world, we have some tales whispered negatively about others but we learn in real time with the queen and it’s something
Joanna Bennett
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'd say 4.5

I am going back in forth with my emotions for this one but that ending went out with a bang!

Full Review to Come.
Tamara Envie
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recommendations
5 ⭐

This book.
It has been a while since I've been so engrossed in a book, but The Bridge Kingdom sucked me in from the very first page.

I'm still way not over this, so this review will be short, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but seriously, if you are currently stuck and need a new fantasy book to read with a fierce female protagonist - pick this one up!
Lady Jane
One of my favourite books for 2019 thus far! Just wish we had a date for when the sequel is coming out.
Levie
Almost DNF @ hour 4:26:50. And many times after that.

I would call this a diet fantasy. Which is neither good nor bad, simply a preference. If you loved Throne of Glass and favored Aelin over Celaena than this is for you. That being said, I do think the characters were a little less compelling than I would have liked.

I had a huge problem with the language used. The way people spoke and the way things were described was like a blend of medieval and modern language, which was jarring for me as the
Thalyta Haiden
Oh.
MY.
GAWD.
I had read Stolen Songbird by Danielle waaaayyy back when it first came out, and although I liked it, it wasn't my favorite reading.
But this.
THIS.
THISSSSS.
I have been searching for really good fantasy that would help me write my own novel, and this . . . this was it. This triggered all my emotions, all my senses, my imagination . . . the dialogue, the characters, the setting, the plot are all gorgeous. This is going on my favorite book read ever right next to Diana Gabaldon's Outl
Hannah
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The intrigue and plot of this book is up to snuff with the fabulous Malediction series.

I enjoyed the political scheming and slow burn romance immensely, but I grudgingly gave it a 5. The more, ahem, racy moments she included were not my cup of tea and the writing would have been much improved without it.

Still, Lara’s journey may be one of my all-time faves and I can’t wait to see what she does now unleashed.
Christine Spoors
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
I’ve been meaning to read one of Jensen’s books for years, so when I saw this on audible I was so excited. This was such a fun fantasy and I absolutely loved it from the first chapter!!

Instead of chapter titles to begin each new section, the audiobook has the sounds of thunder and pelting rain. It’s like a storm raging throughout the audiobook which was such a nice touch. It really helped me fall deeper into this world.

I always find that when I listen to the audiobook I sort of forget a lot of t
 Simply Sam ツ
This was one of those books that I kept reading because I had hopes for a big payout...unfortunately, I don't think it delivered on that front for me. This was in large part thanks to Lara. She started off kind of intriguing, but that interest kind of fizzled from there. I did not find her at all believable as a threat or as some big, bad assassin spy. She kind of bumbled her way through everything, starting with her wedding and ending, well at the ending. Aren, on the other hand, was pretty gre ...more
Suz
Plot pacing devices that are dependent on the leaders of countries not speaking to the people in their lives or each other. Melodrama. Gullibility. Nobody being trustworthy. Nobody has integrity. Everybody over reacts emotionally. It was a bit like watching Trump on Twitter.

I didn't love the ending either.

That said, it was engaging enough (like the train wreck from which you can not look away) and I'll probably listen to the second one since it's a duology. I liked it well enough to want to know
Annie
Aug 24, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5

Surprisingly fun to read! Didn't realise it was a relatively recent release, I was expecting something a little more 2010 romance-fantasy from this. A bit predictable, but I honestly really liked the world and most of the characters. The romance (to be expected) was good and fun and slow-burn which I also wasn't expecting and i lowkey ended up loving it. The ending bugged me a little bit but i'll for sure be picking up the next book when it's released!!
Emily (moonlight&moths)
Am interested in this book because it has one of my favorite tropes? 100% yes.
Will this book live up to my high expectations?
description
˚✧₊⁎ѕαи∂у⁎⁺˳✧༚
Even with the cliffhanger, I couldn’t stop myself from storming out the office and look for book 2. What irritated me most was the constant interruptions from family. Unfortunately, work is work. This isn’t a instant love thing. This was truly a Romance novel for me. No need for kisses or ...stuff. You know it’s there.

Bummer. Don’t know what to do now.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Seven Devils (Seven Devils, #1)
  • Shatter City (Impostors, #2)
  • Untitled Standalone
  • Untitled
  • Skyhunter
  • The Half King (Untitled, #1)
  • The Lovely and the Lost
  • Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • The Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • What Monstrous Gods
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • Incendiary (Hollow Crown, #1)
  • The Harp of Kings
  • The Other Side of the Sky (Untitled, #1)
  • Sword Catcher (Sword Catcher, #1)
Danielle L. Jensen is the USA Today bestselling author of The Malediction Trilogy (Angry Robot), the Dark Shores series (Tor Teen), and The Bridge Kingdom series (Audible Originals). She lives in Calgary, Alberta with her family.

I would love to be your friend on Goodreads!

The Bridge Kingdom (2 books)
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom #2)