Start by marking “Rivalry of Runes: A Savannah Sage Supernatural Thriller Book 2 (Seattle Paranormal Police Department)” as Want to Read:

*** THOUSANDS OF READERS HAVE FOUND A HOME WITH THE PARANORMAL POLICE DEPARTMENT. GET YOUR BADGE TODAY! *** Not everyone has the guts to take on rivaling wizards... Two powerful wizard clans are on the brink of war. When one of the leaders is assassinated, blame flies in the face of the opposing faction, igniting a flame of accusation that threatens to leave Seattle in ru ...more
Published January 4th 2019 by Crimson Myth Press

To ask other readers questions about Rivalry of Runes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rivalry of Runes

Barbara
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sage is at it again. As she has set up herself as the destroyer of all she touches, she has gained a reputation in the PPD and city wide. She also doesn't like to listen to her chief, even when it gets her into trouble...well only if she knows she's right and that is most of the time. Now she is out to keep a war from starting between the two wizard factions in the city and nothing is going to stop her. Not even the ridiculous Titus, who is her immediate superior...well he thinks so anyway. Thre ...more
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Seattle PPD is back in action with Rivalry of Runes. In this adventure, the A team is as egotistically obnoxious as ever. The fae are still a thorn in everyone's side. The chief makes some progress toward not being a total jerk and Sage manages to not whine about the boulder sized chip on her shoulder every other paragraph. The action is fast paced and the nefarious plot is tricky enough to be truly interesting. I can honestly say that I enjoyed book two of this particular portion of the ser ...more
Scott
Excitement abounds within

Savannah Sage returns in another suspense, detective thriller. Having a reputation isn't easy nor is having a team to lead like she does but unexpected wizard battles and a threatening war between two mighty wizard clans threaten to rip the city into two.
Sage thrust into the confrontation with the chief breathing down her neck and it seems a horde of unknowns out to kill her just makes this a better adventure for us all.
A great character and I'm finding a better read t
Sara Branson
The game is afoot...

In this second installment of Savannah Sage and her Seattle PPD team, she must try to keep another wizard war from tearing the city apart, all while juggling her parents’ expectations, her Chief’s disapproval and the rest of the department looking down their noses at her and her team. Can she keep this war from starting and keep her sanity in tact? It’s not looking good, but Savannah Sage never gives up...she will stop this war, or start another one trying! Grab your copy tod
Dana Audette
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A real page-turner! I loved this book!

Rivalry of Runes continues the exciting adventures of Savannah Sage as she rushes around Seattle trying to keep the city safe from battling clans and avert disaster before it's too late. I enjoyed the non-stop action and the way Savannah uses her wits and magic to thwart her enemies at every turn. This book is snarky, exciting, and will keep you guessing what Savannah and her team will do next. A must read for everyone.
Larry Tushman
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Starting with the murder of the head of a wizard clan, Sage and crew are stuck averting a full out wizard war. Through the murder investigation and protection of clan runes needed to elect a new head, the D Team face utter chaos, contradictory questions, and new heights of collateral damage. All while trying to unravel the true mystery underfoot.
An absolute riot of action and humor that will leave your head spinning.
Penny Noble
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this second book better than the first. We get to see more of the team in action, but no, they still aren’t getting any respect. We are also getting to know the team better, and I like what I see. Savannah is still a little bit of a mystery to me, and I can’t wait to find out more about her. Again, this one was filled with non-stop, fun action and snark. Another fun adventure from the PPD team and I can’t wait to read more! Highly recommend this fun and engaging series!
Petesandry
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Savannah Sage is back destroying Seattle whilst attempting to avert an all out Wizard Clans war. The B Team are still finding themselves as second class cops in the Seattle PDP having to battle their colleagues and boss as well as the bad guys. Plenty of laughs as is expected, some more detail on the crew including Savannah's family and a couple of twists make this second book as good if not better than the first. A suitable cliff hanger sets up book three and I for one can't wait.
Bennah
Mages be crazy!

Savannah Sage and her crew are tasked with protecting sacred tunes. Of course, she is not getting much cooperation, so she and her team must improvise...and they also have Lurch, the killer teddy bear.

This is the second installment in the Savannah Sage PPD series. Just like the first books there is a lot of snarky humor, awkward situations and a lot of fun
Sharon Harradine
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There's no rival for this great read

Another great instalment from John Logsdon and Eric Knowles. Savannah Sage is on protection duty trying to stop two rival wizard covens from destroying each other, while trying to work out who is really behind trying to start the war between them, by solving a murder.
Elizabeth Dawson
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Second Savannah Sage book picks up with Savannah And her team still working in the basement office of the Paranormal Police Department. With lots of familiar characters not forgetting her pink teddy bear Gollum she once again has her work cut out for her. Another well written book from John P Logston had me laughing out loud.
Audrey Cienki
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Savannah Sage is definitely developing into one of my favorite characters. And having worked with a couple of people just like Titus, I can definitely emphasize with her work situation. I cannot to find out more about her boss.
You have to read this book. Great plot. Interesting characters. Really? Werepenguins?
I must warn you though. This book causes uncontrollable bouts of laughter.
Jen Stubbs
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
More trouble afoot in Seattle. Savannah tries to keep war from breaking out between rival wizard clans. In her usual fashion, things get broken but ...you can read it for yourself. I highly recommend that you do. I can't wait to hear more from this branch of the PPD. Much funny in between issues!
Wendy Schindler
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awesome!

What a great and fun read! The ribald banter is perfect and well timed. The mystery is solid. There are a lot of characters to keep track of, but it's managable. The gender bias was fairly close to spot on!
Well done!!
Carolyn Fielding
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Savannah's still trying to bond with her rather difficult team, and is constantly hindered by her chief and the A Team. Two rival wizard clans are on the brink of a magical war in Seattle and it's down to her to keep them apart. An exciting and imaginative read with some great humour at times.
Jeremy Bright
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Great series and fun reads. The shared universe gets more detailed with every book. Can't wait for the next book
Nicnotnicola
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super read

Thoroughly enjoyed this latest instalment. Usual mix of humour with a bit of intrigue and excitement. Wonderful characters as always.
Liz  Christensen
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
👍🏻👍🏻
Lurch is a scene-stealer! I can't wait to see what he gets into next...
Edwina Spencer
Jan 18, 2019
Nicki
Mar 06, 2019
Lyla Kerr
rated it did not like it
Jan 12, 2019
Mar 04, 2019
mac
Feb 21, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
John P. Logsdon is a former game designer, producer, and software engineer who shamelessly digs into the deep recesses of his mind to bring forth oddball characters and hilarious plots. He writes primarily in fantasy, urban fantasy, and science fiction, but he's also dabbled in cozy mystery from time to time. To see John's vast library of laughs, visit www.johnplogsdon.com.