Start by marking “Ruthless River” as Want to Read:
Ruthless River

Ruthless River

(Men of Mercy #6.6)

Laney was a woman on the run. Her ex-husband, who just happened to be a cop, had a penchant for violence and, after Laney took their daughter and ran, he had a promise for revenge. She'd made a new life with a new name and had plans to stay hidden forever, but even the best laid plans go wrong… Forced to rush her daughter to the hospital Laney's location is revealed.

Laney
Published (first published June 6th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Ruthless River, please sign up.
Catherine The original publishing house went out of business(? not 100% certain but that is a best guess). It is being reissued as Ruthless River at the end of…moreThe original publishing house went out of business(? not 100% certain but that is a best guess). It is being reissued as Ruthless River at the end of January 2018.(less)

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
My.... My..... My.... and HOLY SHIZ is what I said after I read this story. I needed more from this novella because let me tell you I loved Riser. Riser is a big badarse alpha male that will protect whoever needs to be protected. I felt bad for Laney and her daughter though because abuse is NEVER ever okay but to be abused and then have to go on the run with your child and have to change your whole life is scary but that is Laney's life and she does what she has to in order to protect herself an ...more
Coco.V
Jul 25, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/25/2019)! 🎁
Erica
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by the author, I can see me quickly becoming a fan though. I want to go back and read this series in order from the beginning after meeting Riser.
When Riser lands in the ER and sees a woman struggling to get her child medical treatment he immediately steps in. He knows how to deal with the no insurance no treatment docs and sets them straight getting her little girl the help she needs. Unbeknownst to him he also brings danger right to their door.
It's his fault Laney's psyc
Zsa
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You are going to have to suspend all sense of realism is this fast paced story. Aside from that there is drama, action, and chemistry. A woman hiding from a man who abdicated his duty to serve and protect. Laney's ex abused her, she took her child and disappeared. Riser comes to Laney's aid while at the hospital. From there this quick read takes off. I would have enjoyed a longer, more fleshed out version of this story.
Michelle
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
Short, sweet, adventurous, just perfect little escape.
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Lindsay Cross does it again as she continues to surprise me with amazing stories. Riser Malone may be a mountain of a man, but he sure had the softest heart among the men of Mercy. I'd love a piece of Malone, please.

Riser helped out a lady in need after he saw a doctor callously ignored Laney's pleas to check on her very ill daughter. Little did he know that Laney was actually on the run, hiding from her brutal cop-husband. Laney's identity was compromised when Riser took it upon himself to hel
Cathy Geha
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riser’s Resolve by Lindsay Cross
Men of Mercy #12

Babs
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This happens to be the 12th book in the Men of Mercy series. It also happens to be the first book I have read from this author. The story involves Riser, Laney and her daughter Lily.

Riser over hears a doctor refuse treatment to Lily as they have no insurance. Riser helps and Lily gets the treatment she needs. He still feels guilt over another woman who got kidnapped under his watch.

He vows to protect Laney and her daughter but can he do that this time around?

What I liked most about the book? Ris
Cathy Geha
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Riser is in the emergency room after a bar fight that took place in the previous book. He sees a woman with a sick child, realizes he knows the woman who is being given the insurance run-around, steps in to make things right and then is sucked into a situation that requires his skills-set and also impacts him emotionally. What started out as him being helpful ended up putting Laney in danger again but also provided the perfect situation for a romantic suspense novella. It is a quick read with a ...more
Dana
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am always drawn to military romances. They are one of my go-to's when I want to read about an ALPHA man saving a woman.

Ms. Cross did not disappoint with any of that in Riser's Resolve. Riser took care of Laney and Lily when they both needed him the most: getting them away from Laney's husband.

This is my second book by Ms. Cross, I look forward to reading more.
Debbie Eyre
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is just awesome! A fast paced read with a storyline that will have you on the edge of your seat! Filled with suspense this is Laney and Riser's story and it not only keeps you on your toe s within the twists and turns but also is heartfelt and well just makes you keep your fingers crossed that they get their HEA! I am loving this series!
Laurie Gyd
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving hot alpha meets his match

Hot alphas with a kickass attitude towards a damsel in distress, danger, real life issues, that plot does it for me. Nth is is a great story, Riser-military, and his lady have been dancing around their attraction for months. So when he sees her several towns away with her little girl, who's suck and the doctor is giving her grief about treating her, he has to step in. Excellent story.
Dawn
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! I love all the Men of Mercy books. Riser's is no different, I love his too.

Laney has been working at the bar in Mercy and is skittish, clearly a side effect of trauma. (That is from a previous book.)

Laney is now sitting in the hospital with her very sick little girl, Lily. When Riser hears her voice he steps in as the doctor is refusing to treat Lily since there is no insurance. Riser puts a stop to that immediately. But the background of why is unknown to Riser and the doctor. And w
Christine C
Laney is a young mom with a 3 year old daughter who is very sick. The hospital ER is denying treatment since they have no insurance. Riser is a military man - Special Forces, SEAL, Ranger, something along those lines but he's evasive about that when Laney asks. He makes the doctor examine the little girl, who needs an emergency appendectomy. in the chaos, a nurse tells Riser that Laney didn't fill out all the paperwork so he uses information in her wallet to do it for her, thinking he is helping ...more
Michele Gay
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Meka L. Rascoe
This story had so much potential. I loved Riser in the previous stories and looked forward to learning more about him. I don't mind if there’s insta-love, as long as we get some background and a good story to go with it. This one could have been so, so good, but everything happened too fast. I think Riser deserved a story that spanned more than just a night.

Riser comes to Laney's rescue when she has rushed her daughter to the hospital, and the staff is refusing treatment because she has no insur
Darlene
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He needs to be ruthless to protect an innocent from her abusive ex…

Despite the fact that RUTHLESS RIVER is a fast-paced, page-turning story (I so wanted more of this story) - it still gifts you a beautiful and heart touching story for Riser and Laney, and her beautiful daughter, Lily. RUTHLESS RIVER Bk 6.6 in the Men of Mercy series, delivers high speed suspense, drama and intrigue… this time the stakes are extremely personal, rather than a Task Force Scorpion assignment.

Get ready for Riser, no
Kristen Johnson
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riser's Resolve was a quick read, but full of action and heart.

Riser still feels guilt over losing the woman he was supposed to protect, even though they got their man, knowing she's still out there somewhere having suffered bothers him. So when he comes across single mom, Laney, in an emergency room, he can't help but to assist her and her child. When he discovers the secrets she's been hiding, there's more he needs to do, but Riser's determined to protect her and get her through it.

Laney doe
Teresa
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**I received a copy of Riser's Resolve from the author and Foreward PR & Marketing in exchange for a voluntary and honest review**

Riser's Resolve by Lindsay Cross is book 12 in her Men of Mercy series. I've had the pleasure of reading each one and have to say that she just gets better each and every time. This story features Riser and Laney and her daughter Lily.

Riser still feels the guilt from the loss of a team mate in a fire fight and also Caroline Cotter but when he sees Laney holding a
Rebecca Austin
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-author
Laney Browder, 25, keeps her life very quiet but when she needs to have her 3 year old daughter, Lily, to the hospital she is ignored until Riser Malone comes to her rescue.

Riser Malone is a man who lives with regret regarding a woman he couldn't save, Caroline Cotter. When he realizes that Laney needs some help he gets her the help that her daughter needs. But when Riser makes a mistake that puts Laney in danger he knows that he needs to do everything he can to keep her safe.

Will Riser be able
Paula
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riser's Resolve by Lindsay Cross is definitely a stand-alone. Fans of the series will love seeing Riser fall head over heels, something he vowed never to do. For those who are not familiar with the series, this is a great way to meet one of the team. Other than a couple of other brief appearances by some others this is strictly Riser’s story while he is home from a mission. The overall theme concerning a now decreased villain and a kidnapped woman is mentioned but is not part of the story.
Riser
Toni
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this series a lot...I would love it and give it a five star rating if it was better edited and proofread.

First the negatives:

Extra words, missing words and wrong words sometimes make these frustrating reads. There's a lack of consistency that I find incredibly annoying. For example, in the "dossier" at the beginning of each book, Mack Grey is listed as a captain. However, throughput the series, he's a colonel. Sometimes his name is spelled with a k, sometimes without. Sometimes Riser's la
Dana Busenbark
In this Men of Mercy Novella, I was pleasantly surprised by what I read. It definitely fits in with the rest of the Men of Mercy series of books. Watching as a woman and her child are sitting in an emergency room, getting no response from a doctor because she cannot produce an insurance card with her sick child on her lap, Riser steps up and talks to the doctor. What does he say? What happens after his 'conversation'? Why is he even there? Who is he there with? What is going on with the Men of M ...more
Nikki Brooks
What a fantabulous crossover between two of my favourite military romance authors!

Laney is a caring mother, on the run protecting her daughter (and herself) from the fists and temper of her abusive ex. Complicating matters is the fact that he is a cop and has tarred her as a kidnapper! She has escaped his clutches so far but when her daughter is in need if urgent care she finds getting help is a bit of a struggle.

Reading Addict
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read almost all of the books that Lindsay Cross has written. She has a distinct writing style and Ruthless River was another good book in her Men of Mercy series. Ruthless River is Riser's story. He's one of the team members and has been quite the loner throughout the series. His confidence has been shaken since Caroline Cotter was taken under his watch. Even though it wasn't his fault he continues to blame himself. While at the hospital getting stitches for a knife wound, he runs into La ...more
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
**I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book**

I absolutely love anything Lindsay Cross writes and Riser's Resolve just further proved that this woman can write nothing wrong in my eyes!

Laney will do whatever it takes to protect her daughter. On the run from an abusive ex who has the backing of the police force never guaranteed an easy life for these two. But when a sickness puts her daughter in the hospital she knows it's only a matter of time before her ex finds her and comes ru
Pat
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Riser Malone. Riser never got over his mission failure to protect a woman, Caroline. Now he mets Laney, a woman on the run from her abusive ex-husband who is also a cop. When Laney is forced to take her daughter to the hospital she meets Riser who is also there in the ER seeking treatment. His protective side comes forth when he sees that she is having trouble getting her daughter seen by a doctor. Riser is determined to help this woman, especially since he still feels guilt ...more
Nikki Brooks

Enter Riser. He has been crushing on Laney for a while. She tended bar at is favourite watering hole but he always knew she was a forever kinda girl and just wasn't
Pat
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lorie Barnes
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Truly, Lindsay Cross never disappoints! Riser and Laney are two of my favorite people in this world that Lindsay has created. Riser is still so distraught over what happened on a mission a year ago that he's almost completely disconnected from everyone around him, except on a surface level. Laney is doing everything she can to hide herself and her daughter from her abusive husband. When the two meet in a hospital where Laney is desperately trying to get care for her daughter, without revealing w ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Romance Retreat: Ruthless River Cover Reveal! 1 9 Jan 18, 2019 08:01AM

• Rejecting the Prince (Royal Secrets #8)
  • Assassin's Soul (Angel Crusades, #1)
  • Rescuing the Prince (Royal Secrets, #6)
  • The Pursuit of Mrs. Pennyworth
  • Visionary New Years (Paranormal INC, #1.5)
  • The Marriage Pact (Loving an Aldridge, #1)
  • Tempted by the Viscount (A Shadows and Silk Novel)
  • Ruthless (Nomad Outlaws Trilogy, #1)
  • His To Master and Own (Miami Masters #5)
  • Secondhand Hearts (Peak City Romance Book 1)
  • Unorthodox Chemistry (The Unorthodox Trilogy #2)
  • Mystic Realms: A Limited Edition Collection of Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Romances
  • From Geek to Greek Billionaire
  • Searching for Gertrude
  • Friend Zone (Friend Zone, #1)
  • Abigail
  • Rush (The Riptide Series #1)
  • Ignite: 5 (Bolt Saga #5)
Lindsay Cross is the award-winning author of the Men of Mercy series. She is the fun loving mom of two beautiful daughters and one precocious Great Dane. Lindsay is happily married to the man of her dreams – a soldier and veteran. During one of her husband’s deployments from home, writing became her escape and motivation.

An avid reader since childhood, reading and writing is in her blood. After y

Men of Mercy (7 books)
  • Redemption River (Men of Mercy #1)
  • Resurrection River (Men of Mercy #2)
  • Reckless River (Men of Mercy, #3)
  • Ravaged River (Men of Mercy #4)
  • Revenge River (Men of Mercy, #5)
  • Relentless River (Men of Mercy #6)
  • Cord's Chance (Men of Mercy #7)