Start by marking “The Werewolf's Dragon Defender (Supernatural Suburbia, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Werewolf's Dragon Defender (Supernatural Suburbia, #2)

The Werewolf's Dragon Defender

(Supernatural Suburbia #2)

A werewolf who’s been running from his past…
meets a dragon shifter who wants nothing more than to protect him.

Life hasn't been kind to Tommy. Abandoned by his parents as a teenager after being bitten by a werewolf, abused by the alpha he turned to for help, and, most recently, having to deal with the after-effects of a hunter kidnapping all by himself, it's no wonder he wa
Published January 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Werewolf's Dragon Defender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Werewolf's Dragon Defender

Start your review of The Werewolf's Dragon Defender (Supernatural Suburbia, #2)
Rachel Emily
*happy sigh* this was just the perfect amount of fluff, fated mates, a bit of insta-love, a little dash of danger and conflict, and a happy ending.

Tommy is the werewolf babysitter that we met back in the first story, who was kidnapped along with one of the kids. Michael, a dragon shifter, was one of the cops who rescued Tommy and Aria, and he is instantly smitten with Tommy and his dragon wants nothing more than to protect him and call him theirs.

I loved how smoothly this story flowed. Tommy w
Susan

I think I liked this just a bit less than the first book. I wanted Michael to be a bit more growly, to be the big bad dragon that he was, but then all the time.

Tommy is a 23 year old werewolf with no pack. He was bitten when he was 17 and then started living with his abusive alpha werewolf boyfriend. When that boyfriend finally went to jail when Tommy was 18, Tommy could finally started living his real life.

He is now a nanny and babysitter for several children in the supernatural commun
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I liked this story just a bit more than the first one but was not pleased with the abrupt ending.

This upped the danger for sure and I liked that aspect of it.

Question though. Did I miss Michael telling Tommy what he was? I feel like that didn’t happen.

It was still an easy, breezy, beautiful quick and sweet read with the perfect dose of mates and insta-love but that ending just, grrr!

I can’t wait for the next one though. Can’t wait!

~nikki the recovering book addict

Oh! This was so sweet! I really like Tommy and Michael sounds absolutely macho. Yum! 😜 For me, this story was better thought out than the first book. I just wish Michael was able to bash whatshisname’s face in. Grrrr!!
Tinnean
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet, and I'm looking forward to reading Leon's story and then Henrick's.
Lee Todd
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute story with a little bit of suspense. Tommy is the werewolf that needs defending and Michael is his dragon defender. To be honest this didn't have a particularly "paranormal" feel to it for me, which was a little disappointing.
Slow burn fated mates story
JoAnn
3.5 Stars

Short fluffy read that’s very simple and sweet.
Kragthang
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-paranormal
Fast paced suspense story with a slowly developing mate-bond relationship. After reading the first book I wanted to know more about Tommy and in that respect the second book didn't disappoint. It was awful to see him hurting and afraid almost the entire time. At the same time it was nice to see how gentle Michael was with him.
There were a few things I didn't like though. The editing was rather sloppy. Then I was surprised that after all the trauma therapy wasn't mentioned once and everything jus
Kathryn Manzella
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Werewolf's Dragon Defender by Riley Rivers is a paranormal shifter romance. Tommy is a werewolf running from a dangerous ex and Michael is a Dragon shifter who swears to keep him safe. There is a bond between them but Tommy isn't sure if he can trust it.

I love Tommy and Michael. They are great characters. A protective Dragon and a kind and good-hearted Werewolf. Their story is entertaining and sweet, with just a touch of drama. Definitely a good book.

I received an advanced reader's copy of
Joscelyn Smith
Very enjoyable

Tommy and Michael were wonderful characters, I loved how protective Michael was toward Tommy because he certainly needed someone in his corner. All in all a great second installment in the Supernatural Suburbia series.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*
Toofan
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
Predictable cliche with some editing problems and a few plot holes.
Wandering Reader
Unfinished work, hanging plotline, childlike adults and bland descriptions of places & people.

Save your three bucks for a latte.
Deirdre
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so poignant and full of angst. Not everyone is taught to believe in the concept of Fated Mates. Or they have had horrible relationship experiences where someone who wasn't tried to claim he was his fated mate. And sealing or attempting to seal /confirm their link with multiple painful biting attempts, which luckily for Tommy the mating mark never took. Yet they left the Omega traumatized with threats of consequences if he objected to the many bites. A very agitated and angry Alpha w ...more
Meg
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. It is more of a romance with some suspense thrown in than the other way around, IMO. This story has many different types of shifters that live peacefully with each other.

Tommy can't catch a break. Just when things start falling into place, his world is turned upside down yet again. Michael is a police inspector who is involved with the first of Tommy's troubles, and when trouble comes to call again, the two are reunited.

There is an immediate pull felt by Michael, but Tommy
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟 4.5 stars
🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3

Another winner for Riley!

I really enjoy Riley’s writing style. It’s so effortless and easy to read and it’s so easy to get lost in the world she’s created. As you may know, I love wolves and shifters and add in a Dragon shifter and I couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen!

This book follows werewolf, Tommy’s story who was an additional created in book 1 of the series. What happens in book one is mentioned but not too much so could be read as a standalone but
Claudia Lezár
3,5*

PLEASE READ MY RATING SYSTEM!!!

To my ratings:
A 3,5* is clicked with a 4* but in review marked as 3,5*:

5* - very very good and rare (it would be a Blow-Away-book like ‘Jesse's Smile’ or ‘Joey’ from Angelique Jurd, ‘Save the the kids’ series
from EM Leya, ‘Love’s Tethered Heart’ from C.L. Etta or ‘Liberty’ from Seth King),
it's like an A+

4* - very good and will be often reread and is a WOW-book with interesting plot and surprises (like most of Andrew Grey books and Davidson Kings 'Haven Hart'-se
Claudia Lezár
3,5*

PLEASE READ MY RATING SYSTEM!!!

To my ratings:
A 3,5* is clicked with a 4* but in review marked as 3,5*:

it's like an A+

Sabella
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tommy has not had an easy life but he has worked hard to create a full life for himself. Between being abandoned by his parents after being bitten to leaving a relationship that was harmful to himself, he found his niche as a caregiver. Then he is taken and he meets Michael upon his rescue. As his past comes back to haunt him, Tommy finds himself falling for Michael and is trying to figure out exactly what he feels for him. Michael, at the same time, is trying to make himself believe that there ...more
Dixiecowgirl
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

Delightful and engaging story with a bit of drama creates a lovely romance. i loved these characters and how nicely the author made them three dimensional. The story-line flowed nicely and the writing was great.

i loved the lives that these men had, they already had people and a flow to their worlds before they met and that made it better for me. I loved the little touches in this story that gave both of them depth. Tommy and Michael feel a special connection, but don't rush into it and that mad
Virginia Lee
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is second book of the series Supernatural Suburbia. We get to see more of Tommy and Michael.
This book was very well written with all the difference of shifters. When one also seems to fall on bad luck and see themselves as protector of others. Will these fated mate reunited to build on their bond. You will get some on the edge of your seat suspense with that twist of love mix in. If you happen to love to read about shifters then you need to check out this book. Highly recommend that you re
Mike
Draconian measures taken

Sweet, short, and fluffy shifter fated-mated m/m paranormal romance novella.

Tommy the young werewolf manny is rescued from the hunters b6 Micheál the Dragonshifter cop in book one. I book two, Tommy’s abusive Ex returns to town and so he seeks shelter with Michael. The comfort and safety permeate their interaction as the Ex leaves hi calling card to threaten the young wolf. Fear, threats, mating pulls, safe scents, stalking, and jealousy all permeate the
Leticia Bushong
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I loved this book as much as the first. The only disappointing thing is Tommy didn't find out what type of shifter his mate was. Michael was a shifter also, but even though he knew what a mate bond was he s seemed clueless with his mate. I'm the end it was a good book even though I felt like a few things were missing the details.
Marianne Kirby
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delightful but short

This breezy romance between a werewolf abuse survivor and a protective weredragon is a very quick read - almost too quick at the end. The characters are lovely and I wouldn’t have objected to spending more time with them overall.
Bran Zesti
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second book in series, just as good as the first one. I'll be read both again.
Keith
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
It’s OK

A short story, with a fairly simple story line and acceptable character development for the length of the story. Ends on a positive note.
Robin L
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
So romantic, a very sweet.
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute second installment in this series. The relationship was a bit rushed considering the circumstances but still a fun read.
Ashley
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

I liked this one more than the first in the series, although I liked that one as well. This is just so sweet! I read it all in one day.
LaNomada
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this one a little more than the first one maybe because there was a little more angst.
Tanja Glavnik
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would have loved more with the dragon, but I loved this anyway!

• All Kidding Aside (Magical Mates #1)
  • Hell to Pay (Hellhound Champions #2)
  • Next to Nothing (The Chosen One #3)
  • Give Him Hell (Hellhound Champions #3)
  • Stop at Nothing (The Chosen One #5)
  • Chasing Fate (Copper Creek Shifters #1)
  • Nothing Gained (The Chosen One #4)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Mate (Forbidden Desires, #3)
  • Hell on Earth (Hellhound Champions, #1)
  • Parker's Silver Lineman (Chosen #10)
  • Sweet Nothings (The Chosen One, #0.5)
  • Blondie’s 1998 with a Goat (Chosen #7)
  • Sack of Gold (Welcome to Morningwood Omegaverse, #4))
  • Awkward Smiles (Chosen #11)
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • Containing the Alpha Dragon (Alpha Dragon Brothers #1)
  • Ball Drop (Welcome to Morningwood Omegaverse, #2)
Riley Rivers has been writing since they were a wee thing and aspires to be That Person who regularly sits in coffeeshops with a laptop and knows all the baristas. They are well on their way to achieving this dream.

Subscribe to Riley's mailing list to get updates on books!

Supernatural Suburbia (4 books)
  • The Werewolf's Nymph Neighbor (Supernatural Suburbia, #1)
  • The Werewolf's Virgin Vampire (Supernatural Suburbia, #3)
  • The Werewolf's Brash Bear (Supernatural Suburbia, #4)

News & Interviews