Start by marking “Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)

Violent Delights

(White Monarch #1)

In the de la Rosa family, old grudges run deeper than loyalty, and betrayal is a three-letter word: war. But this feud isn’t between enemies. It’s between brothers. And I’m the prize.

I was born a princess among criminals. An untouchable among thieves. Heiress to a life others have killed for, and one I'm prepared to trade for my freedom. I vowed not to leave without Diego,
Published March 19th 2019 by 518 Books, Inc. (first published March 18th 2019)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |

ONE GIRL CAUGHT BETWEEN TWO BROTHERS!

Book 1
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |
Blurb:
I was born a princess among criminals. An untouchable among thieves. Heiress to a life others have killed for, and one I'd do anything to escape. I vowed not to leave
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description
I signed up for an early copy of this book for two reasons. One, Jessica Hawkins is a new "to me" author, and I have set a challenge for myself this year to read many more "new" or new "to me" authors. Two, I also thought this would be a good book for my "stepping out" challenge since I am not a fan of love triangles (nor trilogies if I am being honest). Two birds with one stone as they say. (lol)

description
Needless to say, I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into and I'd be lying if I didn't say I wa
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 "Look What Loyalty Got Me" Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

-The lessons I'd learned too early in life. Trust no one. Never draw a weapon unless you meant to kill. Loyalty didn't guarantee loyalty, even to your own blood. Anyone, even the most loyal disciple, could turn.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Natalia Cruz grew up in Mexico as the princess of the Cruz cartel. She lived a life full of wealth and status others would kill for. She was an heiress shielded from the dangers all around her. She'd been sheltered, and then as a
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicVIOLENT DELIGHTS: Is the first full length romance novel by new to me author J. Hawkin's in her 'White Monarch' series. Spoken mostly from Natalia's POV with one chapter each from Cristiano and Diego's POV's.

As far as mafia reads go, for me this was a slow burn, but the plot was engaging enough that it kept me glued to my ipad throughout. Mafia reads are my go to kind of reads, they offer dark, gritty, intricate plots and even though this one was slowish at the start it did pick up and moved
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
I HAVE LOST MY MIND OVER THIS BOOK.

LOST.
MY.
FUCKING.
MIND.

I mean... HOLY SHIT! Holy freaking shit. This is the book of the year for me. THE #1! It barreled over all of my favorites. I'm declaring it the winner. It was OUT OF THIS WORLD. I can't believe how good it was. I can't wrap my head around it. I mean, WHERE DID THIS STORY LINE COME FROM? It rocked me to my core. Undeniably addictive. Every word forces you to pay attention. The characters are commanding and demanding, bold and cunning, smart
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Just remember- No monster thinks of himself that way. He's just living by a different code than yours".

Talk about a delicious slow burn!! Violent delights will have you begging for more while trying to fan yourself of pure stripped down sexual tension. Add in the imminent danger, forbidden touches, and the question of who’s playing who, you’ve got yourself a heck of an introduction to a new series that is sure to make it a lasting impression.

Natalia Cruz grew up in a different world than m
Jemima

Author: Jessica Hawkins
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 19, 2019

54523870_10156590816399022_5684947733803171840_o.jpg

I'm telling you, Everything this woman touches turns to gold. I am obsessed with Jessica Hawkins books. I love every book she has ever written and Violent Delights is no different.

"I was hooked" would be me underplaying my excitement. I cannot believe how well written this book is. I felt like my brain was like a child in a candy store. I had moments where I was won
The Book Bee
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW: 4+ STARS
"Some things can't be taken. Some things must be given."

Yet again, another winner. SO worthy! Jessica Hawkins' words can totally make me mad in one instance, yet she has the ability to immediately soothe me with her next words. Seeing all the intricacies that are weaved so deep within this story makes me excited for the possibilities for the next two books - my head is already spinning!! I have so many thoughts running through my mind, and so many questions to correlate with th
Elle Kennedy
Available Now! Violent Delights by Jessica Hawkins is LIVE. Start this heart-stopping, jaw-dropping, lip-biting series today. Fast-paced...slow-burn...and the perfect amount of angst & steam. Set against the dangerous backdrop of Mexican cartels, two alpha male brothers go head to head—but only one can dominate.

Laura- BookBistroBlog
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Violent Delights (White Monarch #1)
By: Jessica Hawkins
4.5 Stars!!!

Wow!! Just WOW!!! Jessica Hawkins has set us up for quite the ride with this first book in the White Monarch series! I bit my nails and twirled my hair nervously while devouring page after page of this great book!!!

Trust no one.
Never draw a weapon unless you meant to kill.
Loyalty didn’t guarantee loyalty, even to your own blood.
Anyone, even the most loyal disciple, could turn.

Natalia is the mafia princess. Her family has taken
Sarina Bowen
Whoa. The ARC fairy brought me something totally different from Jessica Hawkins. I can't wait to see what happens! Violent Delights by Jessica Hawkins is LIVE. Start this heart-stopping, jaw-dropping, lip-biting series today. Fast-paced...slow-burn...and the perfect amount of angst & steam. Set against the dangerous backdrop of Mexican cartels, two alpha male brothers go head to head—but only one can dominate.

Read
Jessica Hawkins
Mar 19, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Available Now! Violent Delights is here, and it's: heart-stopping. Jaw-dropping. Lip-biting. Start this new series that's fast-paced...slow-burn...and the perfect amount of steam—plus all the angst you expect from me. Set against the dangerous backdrop of Mexican cartels, two alpha male brothers go head to head—but only one can dominate.

“Hands down the BEST book I have read this year…6 million stars!”—Angie’s Dreamy Reads

Betul
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

I absolutely love the cover of this book, and the blurb piqued my interest immensely. I have read a lot of romance books featuring organized crime groups, and some of them I ended up loving and others were a bit of a letdown. It started getting harder and harder to discover new gems in this subgenre. I am happy to announce that I really enjoyed Violent Delights. This was mainly because of the intriguing characters and plot, and especially Cristian
Chayo
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beyond 5 Stars!

Jessica Hawkins is one of my favorite authors...I say this because she never fails to disappoint me! She's not called the Queen of Angst for nothing. And Violent Delights is proof of that!

This is book 1 of the White Monarch trilogy.
There's intrigue, mystery, power plays, deception, loyalties are tested, doubt and confusion, love, and then there's a growing passion! But there is so much more than that I can't describe because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Read it to find out
K. Bromberg

-S♡
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 6-stars, favorites
★6 Stars! Violent Delights... Is
my new obsession and by far one of the best and most memorable books I have read this year! It's complex, gripping, intense and twisted, powerful and deceptive, dark, dangerous and sinful!
Rating: { ★★★★★★ }
“This is a game, Natalia, and you have to play—or you’ll lose. Learn your lesson should someone care enough to teach you. And never doubt that you are a prize to hold tight”

description

“The truth is in you like a heart. Like blood in your veins. Like bones”

Ohh, how I fell
Berry ♡ Nice
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so happy and super beyond excited for the rest of this series.
This book was an amazing introduction of all the characters. Many characters and especially Diego, Natalia and Cristiano.

I did NOT expect what I got from this story #Great Yes, I was stoked to read it and once I found myself in their world I couldn't turn away. The setting in Mexico was a nice change. Jessica Hawkins IMO did an amazing job with the Spanish that is used throughout.

“Once a man gets a taste of power, his need for
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
A sweeping tale of tumultuous love, set against the backdrop of vicious world of Mexican cartels. They're bloodthirsty people low on tolerance of betrayals and treason.
A heady saga of power hungry men and what they won't sacrifice to grab it. Love...Life....Loyalty!!
“Once a man gets a taste of power, his need for it surpasses hunger. It’s a sickness that demands more.”

description

Dark grey clouds of murder and treachery hang low and growling over the entire cast of characters.
Each character suffers and I
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
I am literally in dangerous love with this book.

THE ACTION.

THE SUSPENSE.

THE WHO CAN I TRUST.

THE LOYALTY.

FAMILIA.

THE LUST.

THE LOVE.

I devoured this story. Jessica brings it so hard with this born into drug lord story.

You start this book with little girl Natalia walking into her parents bedroom with one of her “childhood friends” pretty much standing over her mother’s dead body. That’s just an appetizer of who can i truly trust. What really did happen?!. Natalia grew up with these two frie
Tiffany Johnson
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Team Cristiano stars!

Cartels, brother vs brother, young love, murder, secrets, a virgin, and an ending that will leave you with your mouth open and wanting more...do I have your attention yet?

I'll be honest, I was a little apprehensive going into this one because cartel romances are hit or miss for me, with typically the darker ones holding my interest more than others. I trust Jessica to always give me a good story, but could she write a cartel romance that would work for me? YES, yes she c
Serena

LOYALTY! LIES! DECEPTION! INTRIGUE! SUSPENSE! ANGST! TENSION! I. COULD. NOT. GET. ENOUGH.

HOLY HELL! What did I just read? This book had me on the edge of my seat because I just didn't see so many things coming! It was sexy and mysterious and the tension between certain characters incinerated me from the pages and I just. NEED. More.

I loved this heart-pounding introduction to the White Monarch Series and I cannot wait to learn more about Natalia, Diego and Cristiano! I loved ALL three character
Shayna
“𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮’𝐝 𝐠𝐞𝐭. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞.”

The queen of BEAUTIFUL ANGST is back, my friends, and she is bringing it HARD! 𝗩𝗶𝗼𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗗𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀, book one in Jessica Hawkins’ 𝙒𝙝𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝 series, was captivating, intriguing, exciting, and incredibly addicting! I’m absolutely HOOKED! I’ve been seduced in the best way possible and there is no going back. It’s no secret that I’m a slave to her words, but I haven't been this pumped for a brand new series in quite a while
Penny Reid
Mar 19, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

Luna Sol
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
What a ride Jessica Hawkins has brought us on with the first book in the White Monarch series, Violent Delights. I was on edge from beginning to end, I'm still on edge after I finished and I can't get enough of this story. I loved it so much. My mind was trying to figure out what happened, what was about to happen and never did I get anything right. Passionate and romantic, Natalia Cruz, the only daughter of the Cruz cartel empire. Diego and Cristiano de la Rosa, my goodness what a journey with ...more
Devney Perry

Ilsa Madden-Mills

Frances
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW.
I'm speechless.

I want to cry, rage, and swoon all at the same time. My goodness!
This is a very different story - my very first cartel crime book - and I was so hooked it's not even funny. It was so hard to put down.
It was fantastic.
Jessica Hawkins, you truly wrote an incredible, intriguing story. And that twist? Dios mio!!

I'm going to finish by saying two things:
1 - I cannot wait for book two,
and,
2 - WELCOME BACK ;)
Mandi Martinez
WOW!!!! Just when I think Jessica Hawkins can't get any better, she introduces us to Natalia and the world in which she lives. One fueled by uncertainty, violence, betrayal, and love. But who's love; that of her long time best friend, Diego? Or Diego's brother Cristiano, loyal soldier and protector turned outcast and being hunted for his betrayal?
This book was so well written, it had my attention from the very first page and held it throughout the entire book! I read it in one sitting, literall
Coco.V
Feb 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
GORGEOUS COVER!!! 💕💕
Anne Milne
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a way to kick off a new series Jessica has done it again on totally hooked. There was nothing I didn't enjoy about this story. For me mafia books have to grab you with the sense of danger and intrigue and boy oh boy does this one have it.

Natalia is the princess the prize that Diego and Cristiano are fighting over but there is more at stake. Family honour, competing cartels, murder and betrayal is present throughout the story. Who to trust who to believe Cristiano or Diego I'm not sure but
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • Tinsel (Lark Cove, #4)
  • Cruel Fortune (Cruel, #2)
  • Just One Week
  • Red Hot Winter
  • The Tiger Catcher (End of Forever, #1)
  • Only Work, No Play
  • Million Dollar Devil
  • Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • My Life in Shambles
  • When August Ends
  • The Edge of Us (Crash and Burn #2)
  • What He Never Knew (What He Doesn't Know, #3)
  • Hear Me Now
  • The Hookup Handbook
  • Worth Fighting For (Warrior Fight Club, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.3)
  • The Son & His Hope
  • Iron Trophy

White Monarch (3 books)
  • Violent Ends (White Monarch, #2)
  • Violent Triumphs (White Monarc, #3)