Start by marking “Stranded with His Boss (Amber Falls #1)” as Want to Read:
Stranded with His Boss (Amber Falls #1)

Stranded with His Boss

(Amber Falls #1)

Holiday at home, check. Snowstorm, check. Hot boss ... check?

Ford Erickson didn't plan to take his hot, and very rich boss home for Christmas. But when an incoming snowstorm grounds flights and there are no vacancies in the small town of Amber Falls, Ford finds himself in close quarters with the aloof man he’s been lusting over.

He’s bound to make Santa’s naughty

Published January 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Stranded with His Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded with His Boss

Start your review of Stranded with His Boss (Amber Falls #1)
Nic
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute

A very cute, adorable characters, quick easy read. A story of family belonging and allowing yourself to find and receive love!
Eugenia
Jan 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Cheesy and formulaic. Even a manties angle couldn’t save me from skimming over the trite dialogue or rolling my eyes. I would have DNF’d had it not been a challenge read.
Shelby
Oct 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 22%.

Really cheesy, fast set up. Sawyer is coming off more sleazy than sexy to me.

The writing really isn't doing it for me. I think Sawyer's appearance has been described 2 or 3 times already.... though everything seems to be told multiple times. He has been described as "the definition of" something 3 times in the first two chapters. There is a lot of telling.
Faye K
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku-read, 2020
A good start as it seems Sawyer was suck in Amber Falls over Christmas.
A great romance for Sawyer and Ford falling in love with Ford being employed 5 months ago. Sawyer was stuck without a room or a plane flight. I didnt love this as some scenes confused me. A sex scene was not included but skimmed over.
I loved the ending of this and had to giggle at them after the taxi ride scene. A good HFN ending.
• snowed in Christmas
• boss & employee relationship
• hot chemistry
• lace panties
When Ford 23
Linda
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet romance with a slight edge in a snug, snow-filled Christmas 🎀

4.5🌟stars
Really well put together romance with a blizzard, Christmas and cozy family connection. Sawyer, the wealthy real estate entrepreneur who connects with younger man Ford, was my favorite of the two leads, largely because of his upbringing and the poignant notes his lonely lifestyle and thoughts of his mother bring to the story.

😍The romance of stolen kisses, a nighttime sleigh ride and sharing private memories and dreams f
Maureen
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a really cute story, adorable mc's, and Fords parents were absolutely amazing and supportive. It was a cozy, quick read, I'm already on the follow up book and enjoying that too, my first with this author and I'm impressed. I've read a couple of 'stranded by a storm' stories, always enjoy that premise, in this one Ford and his boss Sawyer are sweet and tender and it's almost insta-love, which I like as well. Anyone reading this you should read the next one, it's longer, much more meatier ...more
Ephraim Aquino
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So I gave this one a try because I liked Holding on to his Manny

I get that this is a short story and it needs to establish something between Ford and Sawyer for the next book. But one thing I would like to read is their relationship before the being-stranded-event even happens.
Kendra T
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, co-workers
I liked Ford and Sawyer. I thought they were sweet together and I enjoyed reading about them. I did feel like the story was too easy at parts and glossed over what I thought were big pieces of them, like Sawyer is his boss but there was really not much in the way of office conversation or drama. Overall, though, this was sweet.
Shelley Chastagner
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-it
4.5 stars! I enjoyed this sweet Christmas romance. Lots of feel-good moments. I loved Ford's parents; especially his mom and her attempts to push him and Sawyer together. When the pivotal moment in their relationship came, I cheered at Sawyer's choice. ...more
Denise GremoryKohta
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet read!

This is the perfect Christmas read. Gives all the warm fuzzy feelings we want at that time of year without all the drama and stress. I’m sure that’ll be in the next book lol.
Ida Umphers
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Who cares that it is April, I love a good Christmas romance any time of the year. In my Christmas romances I want to find roaring fires, snow, sleigh rides, low angst and a happy ever after. This book has all that and more. It was so sad to realize just how alone Sawyer really was and to see him open up and thaw under the love of Ford's family was really wonderful. Poor Ford was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He couldn't leave his boss stranded with nowhere to go over the holidays but he ...more
Lindsay Hardin
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet, fun and fluffy romance that features an age gap, boss/employee and forced proximity trope. What’s not to love when these three elements are combined? As much as I loved Ford’s character Sawyer is the character that most resonated with me. There’s something about damaged characters that overcome adversity and still show vulnerability that just do it for me. I definitely recommend the book to all contemporary romance lovers.
Audrey Pott
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this storyline, words flowed, loveable characters, little angst, laughed out loud humour and very romantic. The blurb says it all, Ford’s mum and dad were awesome and made Sawyer most welcome. So much chemistry between them the sensual intimate scenes were breathtaking.

I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book for my honest opinions of which I’m under no obligation to do so. I definitely recommend this book and can’t wait to read the next book.
Lizzie
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet - Just What I Needed

This was my first Rheland Richmond book, and I loved it! I fell in love with Sawyer and Ford immediately. And I adored Ford's parents and their "meddling." I became so invested in the characters. I wish the book had been a little longer or there would have been a prologue showing where Ford and Sawyer were a few years down the road. Truly looking forward to the next book in the series.
Kitt
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this sweet, low-angst Christmas story. Sawyer, especially, touched my heart, because no one should be facing Christmas alone. Fortunately for Sawyer, he ends up stranded in Amber Falls, and Ford invites him to spend Christmas with him and his folks. Plenty of sugary sweetness and found family in this book, and I loved watching Ford and Sawyer forge a deeper connection.

I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving this honest review.
Violet  Marshall
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in The Amber Falls Series. This book has good writing and was an interesting read. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters charming. The characters were developed and thought out. Sawyer and Ford are the MC’s of this book. I can recommend this book as a good read. I voluntarily read an advance copy of this book for an honest review.
Xochitl
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As other Ms Richmond’ stories, the story of Sawyer and Ford is cute and endearing. This boss/employee relationship that finishes when both fell in love with the other and starts their forever is uncomplicated and makes a relaxing reading. I’m waiting for the promised next books in the Amber Falls’ series!!! 🙏🙏🙏
kathleen
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Stranded with His Boss is a delightful story to get lost in. With sweet, adorable MC's this is a quick, fun read. A boss/employee romance, Ford and Sawyer find love during a snowstorm. These two quickly give into their attraction during their time together. Ford's parents are extremely lovable and bring a lot to the story. I'm looking forward to the next book! ...more
Nicki
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute read of Ford, a local boy who falls for his hot shot boss, Sawyer.
Sawyer is stranded over the Christmas holidays due to bad weather and ends up staying with a Ford and his family which is perfect for him since he has a crush on the younger man!
It’s a sweet read with some really lovely moments in it, a few tender moments and lots of love.
Donna
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you think getting stranded with your boss over the holidays is bad then falling in love is even more complicated. I loved reading Ford and Sawyer ‘s beginning it had the love and the holiday theme and Amber Falls gave a warm welcoming feeling which made Sawyer realize what he’d been missing out on.
BookloverIAM
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a great beginning to a new series. Sawyer and Ford are great together. The parents are such great secondary characters and the glimpse of Wyatt so makes me want to read his story. Can't wait to delve deeper into Amber Falls one book at a time. ...more
Raven
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great start to a series. I absolutely loved the characters and storyline. The town was sweet and seemed like the perfect place for a lovely series to take place. I can’t wait to see what’s next. This author was new to me. Now I’m hooked.
Stephanie
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sawyer and Ford are so cute and sweet together. This is such a great Holiday story that really gets me ready for the holidays. This I story just makes me so happy and I can't wait for the next one in this series. ...more
Louise
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The sleigh ride!

A love story of a man, Sawyer who finally meets his soul mate. Snowed in over the Christmas break, not able to catch a flight out nor find a hotel his Assistant offers him a bed at his parents home.
Katie Bugs Kindle
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent holiday book

It was so good very little angst feel good book. The only thing missing which I hope will be another book, after several of this series is written would be a follow up or a Christmas wedding.
Carole
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A darling m/m office romance

Ford works for billionaire Sawyer. Stranded in Amber Springs, Ford’s home town, at Christmas, Sawyer is stunned by gloving welcome he gets. He found home when and where he least expected. Fast, fun, sweet and adorable.
Sheryl Howard
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great Read

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I had the pleasure of reading both this one an the next back to back. They well written and I honestly cannot wait to see how the series develops.
Readingbks
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! What a great way to start a new series! I’m hoping for more books about Ford and Sawyer!
This is a must have, you won’t be disappointed!
J
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome start to a series, but I hope we get to see more from Ford and Sawyer.
Marjorie Williams
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet💋

This was a cute read. I love Christmas romances and this fit the bill. It had a good storyline and characters. Fords parents were perfect.

• Puppuccino (Bold Brew #2)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Praise Me (Naughty or Nice #5)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Keep Me (Naughty or Nice, #7)
  • Dirty Forty (Friendship and Desire #1)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Want Me (Naughty or Nice #4)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Punish Me (Naughty or Nice, #6)
  • Catch Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #4)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Hold Us (Naughty or Nice, #3)
  • Body and Soul (Vanguard Towers #3)
  • Ranger
  • Cup of Joe (Bold Brew #1)
  • Tempt Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #5)
  • Fix Me (Tattoos and Temptation #2)
  • Twist Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #6)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Love Me (Naughty or Nice, #1)
  • Free Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #3)
  • Stud (Four Bears Construction #5)
  • Touch and Go (Vanguard Towers #1)
Writes Omegaverse as Skye R. Richmond.

For as long as she can remember Rheland had her nose stuck in a book, getting lost in the world of someone else's creation (She still does). Her love for writing came from her love for reading. She could never have one without the other.

Writing was always a hobby and a cathartic experience for her. There are many stories lost to the never to be completed or pu

Amber Falls (9 books)
  • Forever With His Boss (Amber Falls #2)
  • Holding On to His Manny (Amber Falls #3)
  • Falling For His Neighbor (Amber Falls #4)
  • Buttering Up The Baker (Amber Falls #5)
  • Claiming His Best Friend (Amber Falls #6)
  • Unraveling His Soldier (Amber Falls #7)
  • Finally With His Rancher (Amber Falls #8)
  • Schooling the Principal (Amber Falls #9)