Start by marking “Nothing Personal” as Want to Read:
Nothing Personal

Nothing Personal

Nova Lane is having the worst week possible. Her latest relationship ended while on her much-needed vacation, then upon her first day back at work, she learns that her beloved boss has quit – and despite having worked so hard for it, she’s not being considered for his position.

Who is being considered for the position is none other than Kessler Rocha. Her ex-coworker and e
Published December 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Nothing Personal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing Personal

Christy
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4 stars!!

photo IMG_2811_zpskcqu4rgj.png

Nothing Personal is on the lighter side for Karina Halle. It’s an enemies to lovers/workplace romance/second chance romantic comedy that kept me smiling.

Nova Lane’s life is not going as planned. First, her current boyfriend cheats on her while they’re on vacation… then she comes back to work only to find that her boss up and quit and they are temporarily replacing him with her ex-boyfriend. It’s a job Nova deserves but Kessler is being brought in for it. She is not happy. Kessler bro
Dri ✰
Dec 28, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 16%

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

So, I think I'm lacking this kind of sense of humor, because despite trying really hard to enjoy it I can not seem to find it funny... actually, quite the opposite. Annoying, meaningles and plan. The MC’s are so boring that I can not relate to any of them, precisely the heroine, she’s very very veryyyy annoying. And what the matter with the sweat thing? Ugh, just gross.

Sorry, “nothing personal” but this one here is not for me.
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

‘NOTHING PERSONAL’ Is a full length stand alone romantic comedy novel by Karina Halle. Dual POV’s.

Nova Lane has been handed the most shittiest card in life at the moment, firstly on vacation with her boyfriend things drastically go down hill, coming home and jumping back into work she learns that her superior had up and quitted whilst she was away, thinking it was her time to step up and jump into the position she’s
Debbie Oliphant
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This was an easy, breezy, laugh-out-loud, read. Very funny, and enjoyable.
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a fun read! I laughed out loud on more than one occasion, and I really liked the H. The H's son was super cute, and his interactions with him were sweet. I do wish that we had more actual scenes with the h bonding with his son, but the few scenes we do get were great. I struggled with the h. I liked her quirky ways and how she was with the H's son -- but I didn't like how she could turn cold so easily. I also was left with a few unanswered questions in the end
mich
I was going to DNF this but then I picked it up again and actually ended up finishing it. The story never did get me completely invested. The backstories of the characters are pretty dull, and the characters themselves weren't compelling at all. I was never able to warm up to Kessler in particular, as his character pretty much sucked. Nova was just okay. They didn't have much chemistry to me.

For a romantic comedy, I didn't think this was funny at all. It just wasn't my kind of humor I guess. I
London
Nope. Hero breaks up with heroine and then a few days later has sex with the receptionist at their workplace. Disgusting pig.

They’d been sleeping together for months and the heroine was in love with him but he didn’t love her and didn’t want commitment.

“The things I wanted then weren’t love and security, they were cheap thrills and hot sex with different women. I loved being with Nova but I didn’t love her back then, and that was the truth.”

Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'My level-ten heartbreaker' Stars!
ARC provided by the author via Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.

Karina Halle strikes again with this sweet, funny and off-the-charts hot love story! Probably my last read of 2018 and I am very happy to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nova, Kess and Hunter stole my heart with all their moments together and I am sure, if you are a fan of Karina's lighter works, you'll enjoy Nothing Personal too.

So, Nothing Personal is a standalone novel and it b
Carol
Dec 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
This is billed as :
** A new standalone romantic comedy**
but the blurb sounds all drama.
Curiouser and curiouser!
I am pretty sure that I will read this one.

Hope it truly is a rom-com, she does that so very well. Remember "Smut".

Smut
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I laughed my ass off! Gah, if only that were truly possible.

But seriously, this book is hilarious! It was nothing like I expected, but exactly what I needed at the moment. A good old laugh out loud funny rom com. The "Leprechauns", cock, and geckos alone, were worth the price of admission!

What I loved:
The main characters - an slightly uptight heroine, laid back hero and sexual tension you can cut with a knife.
I'm a sucker for a cute kid.
I love second at romance!
And the secondary characters we
Sofia Lazaridou
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Nothing Personal is not a romantic comedy. There were no comedic elements to the story and at some point, I was just disgusted and I am not talking about Hunter popping in the kitchen. It's just a second chance book and it didn't work for me, but not for the obvious reasons aka them sleeping with other people and then saying that they never got over each other.

I shall begin with the good stuff. I liked the flow of the story and despite having some elements that were not my thing at all, I read
AJ
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Another great read from Karina Halle! Fun, funny and sexy with fantastic characters and a sweet, swoony second-chance-enemies-to-lovers-romance, I loved this one!

Nova works in marketing for a Hawaiian-based hotel chain and after learning that her boss has unexpectedly resigned, she is expecting the promotion that she has been working so hard for. But that’s not the case, and she’s horrified and enraged to discover that the new guy who will be her boss turns out to be the man that broke
Betul
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Whether you protect yourself or not, when you fall in love, it's going to hurt."

Nothing Personal is a fun and sexy second-chance single parent romance. I absolutely love these tropes, and it being written by one of my all time favorite authors is just the icing on the cake. This book was fast-paced, but not in a way that it felt rushed, but it just had a very smooth flow and it was easy to read. The reason for why Kessler and Nova broke up was re
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
 photo 02E11EA3-591E-42FB-A952-C92EA6A3F9E4.jpg

Another fantastic read from Karina Halle! Her signature style of heat and humor mixed with some emotional points made Nothing Personal another favorite!

RTC
Gaufre
Jan 06, 2019 marked it as sample-says-no
DNF 12%

Dialogues:
"No takesies backsies"
or
"When did he start impaling you with his tree trunk?"
or
"He's a DILFOAH, Daddy I'd Like to Fuck Often and Hard"
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I don't read a lot of rom coms because, if i'm being honest, they don't make me laugh. They're often more silly than funny and I just roll my eyes more than I giggle. Well, Karina Halle's Nothing Personal made me LOL over and over. It was cute. It was seriously funny. It was smart and sharp and witty without ever feeling over the top or forced. I enjoyed every single second of this book and I can't recommend it enough.

The whole vibe of Nothing Personal was EVERYTHING I needed right now. Taking
Anita
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This has some great lol moments. Quick read
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5-4 stars

description

Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 Supernova CROWNS

Nothing Personal by Karina Halle is a bit a departure from her typical work, but it offers up a host of LAUGH OUT LOUD moments, sizzling chemistry, and a second chance romance that will make you smile!

Nova and Kessler are incredibly likable characters. They each have their outlandish moments, their quirky characteristics, but I found them to be endearing. Like most of her couples, these two have incredible chemistry. Anytime they touch is explo
*Dee's Reading Time Matters
Loved this one! This is my first time reading this author and boy was it too funny... a workplace, second chances hot read!
Zairobe25
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
2,5⭐Nada sobresaliente, uno mas del montón y un poco aburrido en mi opinión.
Ali
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Meh, this just wasn’t for me. She came across as weak and a bit pathetic. He came across as an arrogant, self absorbed dick. I didn’t see much depth in either of them - or growth, despite this trying to be portrayed. It just didn’t work for me. Neither of them displayed any sense of the professionalism that would be required for their roles in order for that side of the story to be believable.

The characters seemed shallow and I didn’t like them.
Nancy The book junkie
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to come!
Kahea
***5 ‘Leprechaun’ Stars***

This book had it all for me!

A little bit of sweet, a little bit of angstyness, a good dose is smexy and ton of laughter and a whole lot of heart which when it was combined with some great characters - as well as a few unique stars who stole the show - and it being set in my island home...well, this one was all kinds of goodness that had me devouring it in no time flat and wanting more!

I have to say, Nova and Kessler definitely took me for a wild ride, a fun one overal
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
Are you looking for something fun to read? Look no further because this romantic comedy from Karina Halle checks SO MANY of my favorite boxes:

✔Enemies to lovers
✔Second Chance
✔Office Romance
✔Single Dad
✔Super sexy times
✔Laugh out loud, hold your belly and bend over moments!

Nova is my favorite type of heroine. She is driven, focused and a seriously hard worker. She is a woman of color trying to make it up the corporate ladder and after working her ass off, she apparently gets passed over for a prom
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Nova has just returned from a holiday in Las Vegas that did not turn out as she expected. She was in a relationship when she went and returned single. Things are about to keep going downhill for her though… She returns to work to find out her boss has quit so she has a fleeting moment of hope that she will finally get the promotion she has worked so hard for.

Her bubble is popped when she is informed she will in fact have a new boss, one she knows very well. In fact, he is her ex – not just your
Alaina
UGHHHH.. this book was interesting but then got meh.

Nothing Personal was one of those books that I wanted to dnf at times. I tried so many times to likes these two, Nova and Kessler, but I just couldn't. The beginning of this book was interesting enough but at like 40% I was just so freaking bored.

In all honesty, I liked Nova better than Kessler because of her sarcasm and her back bone.. but other than that.. this book wasn't really for me. I'm very happy that this book was free on KU because I
RentasticReads
4.5 Sweat Monster stars

Before the year ends, Karina Halle sure brings us the perfect read to cap it all off.

Nothing Personal just hit all the right spots for me—it was flirty, funny, sweet and so refreshing with the vividly descriptive flair I’ve always loved when it comes to this author. This book wasn’t just a rom com that will have you laughing out loud either—it was also a second chance, enemies to lovers, single dad, and office romance all wrapped in a bright pineapple bow.

Just get ready
Mandy
More of a 3.5 but I’m feeling generous so I rounded up. The romance wasn’t all that swoon worthy. But I liked the story and the characters. Laughed more than once. It was overall a sweet read but nothing too memorable. I did really like that this takes place in Hawaii though! That was pretty cool and made this book different than stuff I’ve read before in terms of the setting aspect.
Rejane
Dec 28, 2018 marked it as not-interested
I lost interest in this author’s books “ a lot of books ago”. The blurb for this is not appealing and it sounds like immaturity is going to reign, specially from heroine’s side.
#thankyounext 😉
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 45 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of win ...more
“I know I only have you like this, in this moment right now, but even just a moment with you is enough. Anything more than that is too good for the likes of me.” 1 likes
“Every cell in my body is begging for her, wanting to know what it’s like to have her heart. I want her heart, to possess it, to protect it and never let it go.” 1 likes