Jump to ratings and reviews

First Comes Love #5

From Thailand with Love

I’m a gold-digger.

No, seriously, uncovering treasures is my job. My mission was going great until she showed up, and we got stuck in the jungle―with only one tent!

Travel photographer Winter Knowles and archeology professor Logan Spencer dislike each other at first sight. Stuck together into the wild, these two unwilling teammates will bicker and banter their way through a laugh-packed treasure hunt.

After years of searching, a new mapping technology has given Logan a clue to the location of the legendary Lost City of Gold. A discovery that could make his career. So the last thing he needs on this life-changing expedition is for his team to get distracted by a pair of long legs.

When Winter accepted the assignment on a tropical island she didn’t sign up for a brooding team leader who’d clearly prefer to run a boys-only club. Never one to back down from a challenge, Winter is ready to show him she’s no damsel in distress.

But when a treasure like no other is uncovered and ruthless enemies will want to keep it for themselves, it’ll be up to the two of them to save the day. Left alone to fight in the jungle, they will soon discover their lives might not be the only thing at stake—their hearts could be too.

All Logan has to do is to get the gold and get the girl. Easy, right?

Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime.

A STANDALONE enemies to lovers romance packed with danger, action, and comedy.

From Thailand with Love is part of a series of interconnected romantic comedies but can be read as a standalone novel as all the other books in the First Comes Love series.

Perfect for fans of Sophie Kinsella, Lindsey Kelk, and Lauren Layne.

205 pages, Kindle Edition

First published February 25, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Camilla Isley

22 books1,898 followers
Enemies to lovers, small-town rom-com

Camilla is an engineer who left science behind to enter the whimsical realm of romantic fiction.

She writes contemporary rom-coms. Her characters have big hearts, might be a little stubborn at times, and love to banter with each other. Every story she pens has a guaranteed HEA that will make your heart beat faster. Unless you're a vampire, of course.

Camilla is a cat lover, coffee addict, and shoe hoarder. Besides writing, she loves reading—duh!—cooking, watching bad TV, and going to the movies—popcorn, please. She's a bit of a foodie, nothing too serious. A keen traveler, Camilla knows mosquitoes play a role in the ecosystem, and she doesn't want to starve all those frog princes out there, but she could really live without them.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
58 (9%)
1 star
24 (3%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 98 reviews
Profile Image for Berit Talks Books.
1,999 reviews15.7k followers
March 2, 2020
An adrenaline pumping, heart pounding, action packed romance.Adventure, Romance, monkeys, secret cities, hidden tunnels, treasure, machetes, mercenaries, mud, gold, insects, rescues, and humor. Wow Camilla Isley this was unexpected! This was so much more than a enemies to lovers romcom. The story starts off innocently enough Winter catches Logan chasing after a monkey who has confiscated his phone. Oh and did I mention that Logan was naked? Then Winter finds out that she will be spending the next month working with Logan, who seems less than pleased. Logan is an archaeologist and Winter is a travel photographer, they will be traveling through the jungles of Thailand looking for a lost city of gold. The story had my heart racing as Logan and Winter fought to survive. This book was very heavy on the adventure, but I have to say I was all in. Winter was a bad ass and Logan wasn’t too bad either. Even though I didn’t always feel the chemistry between them, I think it kind of develop organically and by the time they got together it really worked. Another winner in this fun series and I’m really looking forward to the next one!

This book in emojis 🐵 📸 🐲 🔦 ⛺️ 🩹

*** Big thank you to the author for my gifted copy of this book. All opinions are my own. ***
Profile Image for Syndi.
2,799 reviews617 followers
April 5, 2022
From Thailand with Love reminds me to be thankful that I am not a big fan of outdoor type. That is including camping and hiking for treasure hunt. Miss Isley made the book short. Only 6 hours long. Because of the short story, she did not elaborate on the hate chemistry between the Winter and Logan.

Despite that, I still enjoy the banter. It is so cute and funny. The inner dialog from Winter cracks me up. It certainly give me some sort of entertainment while doing my boring job desk. From Thailand with Love is a romance (enemy turns to lover) with a mix of Indiana Jones.

Overall a entertaining story.

4 stars
Profile Image for DJ Sakata.
3,006 reviews1,736 followers
March 5, 2020
Favorite Quotes:

I can’t help not liking the man; he honestly gives me the creeps… he’s retained all his military bearing: buzz cut shorter at the sides, lean muscled body, and a hard face marked by a livid white slash. The ominous scar cuts from his left eyebrow to halfway down his cheek. And he probably enjoys frightening children with it in his spare time.

I try to resist, but quickly give in. Grabbing the ever-present camera dangling from my neck, I stealthily snap a few shots of my sweaty, muscular colleagues. Then I check the results on the small screen on the back of the device, and chuckle to myself. These pictures would look great on an erotica novel, probably one called something like: “Taken in the Jungle by the Three Archeologists.”

I’m not getting out of this tub for anything in the world. “I’ve ordered dinner,” Logan says. I don’t reply. “Burgers and champagne.” Okay, now he’s got my attention.

Did I overshare? Maybe I overshared. But when I’m nervous, I talk. When I’m tired, I talk. When I’m both, I crash into TMI land like a cannonball.

My Review:

This tale was more action-adventure than I was expecting but thankfully there was also a bevy of amusing accidents and observations as well as a budding romance to put a smirk on my face. I enjoy Ms. Isley’s deft writing style, wry humor, and colorfully written character descriptions. This busy volume to the series features an archeological expedition finding peril in the hot and sticky jungle filled with ravenous insects, and I’m still feeling itchy and dehydrated just from the highly evocative descriptions alone – I’m so suggestible!

Profile Image for Finitha Jose.
292 reviews48 followers
February 29, 2020
Wow! this was a surprise. When I imagined an enemies-to-lovers romance packed with adventure, I was not expecting it to be a life and death situation. Yes, that is how I found myself hunched up over my kindle with a heart about to burst . . . on a work night. Phew!
To be honest, the chemistry between Winter and Logan was not convincing enough for me at the beginning, probably because of the amount of time both spent secretly ogling each other's body. Infatuation at first sight? Definitely. Not a fan of those. But everything changed once the secret city is found and thus began a compelling and exhilarating story bound to keep us on our toes.
Looks like Winter is not only a good shot with a camera, but also smart with a gun. Attagirl! I should have expected that considering the stand she took against her evil twin in the last story. The girl is not lacking guts. Logan is not bad either considering his hilarious bargaining skills with the monkey . . . ha! I cannot end this review without mentioning Archie, our golden boy. Each time you make an appearance, there comes the laugh. Can't wait to read your story in the next book.
If you are in the mood for a thrilling romance to spike your adrenaline levels, go ahead and grab a copy. You won't be disappointed!
Profile Image for Nursebookie.
1,947 reviews299 followers
February 25, 2020
I Love an Amazing Enemies to lovers romantic comedy trope. This one sure gave me all the swoons and I devoured it!

Winter Knowles is an archeology professor and a travel photographer, out for an adventure of a life time. Enter Logan Spencer who is out to make a name for himself by using a new technology to find some long lost gold. Winter and Logan bumped heads right from the start and they definitely hate each other.

This is the fifth book in the First Comes Love Series by Camilla Isley. There is nothing more fun to read than a book filled with adventure, lots of action, a bit of heated banter and amazing dialogue to a romantic and funny happily ever after story. Isley is a wonderful writer that knows how to keep your attention focused on this thrilling ride of a read.

I loved the exotic location that adds to the drama of this fun romcom read that was definitely hard to put down. This book had me at times laughing out loud! I loved the characters, the mischiefs and the amazing ride this book took me on.

I really enjoyed this one and I cannot wait for the next installment. Highly recommend!!
Profile Image for victoria_tonks.
310 reviews
April 16, 2020
1.5 stars, because I have read it after all.

I hate to give this author such a low rating - I like this series and have read all the books so far. They are usually a safe bet and exactly what you can expect from the genre – a nice, fluffy afternoon read. This one seemed to be no different (apart from being rather more action-packed) and, until about 60% and despite some reservations, I thought it was a real page-turner. And then it all went downhill pretty fast, spiralling into absurdity and ludicrousness.

Reading books like this, I am always willing to suspend my disbelief and overlook certain inconsistencies – but there are limits.

OK, so tl; dr: the characters are one-dimensional; their relationship(s) have no substance, and the plot, especially in the second part of the book, is far too absurd to follow. The book is rather like a really bad Netflix romance. I have returned it for refund.
Profile Image for Sara.
124 reviews109 followers
March 2, 2020
An enemies to lovers adventure extravaganza. I adore to read love hate relationship books, but toss a thrilling adventure in and this novel has jumped to one of my all times favorite.

There was humor, action, tension, romance... this story really had it all!

I loved how feisty Winter was, how she didn't take any nonsense from Logan. And Logan was my kind of brooding, gorgeous hero. And best of all, his sidekick and best friend was just as charming and will be the leading man in the next novel! I can't wait to get my reading paws on that!!

Highly recommended, not for the faint of heart.
December 24, 2022
Nothing makes me more sad than rating a Camilla Isley book this low, but good god. These characters were insufferable, and that's putting it nicely. I just don't think this companion series is for me.
March 9, 2020
Disclaimer: I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to RaRa Resources and Pink Bloom Press for this free copy. All quotes in this review are taken from the Advanced Reader Copy and may change in final publication.

Again, I have been getting really awesome contemporary romance novels from RaRa that I wouldn’t have even thought to look for if it wasn’t for this company, so thank you again so much for this opportunity. And again, here’s another contemporary romance novel that really surprised me in how much I actually enjoyed it because I was not expecting it.

I also wasn’t expecting this to have so much action too? I mean sure, we gotta give some action to romance novels that aren’t in your typical city locations (London, New York, etc.) or your English countryside that I’ve been reading lately. Again, nothing wrong with those romance novels because sometimes you need to just have a little comfort in your settings like that, something that you’re used to reading so that you don’t have to have your imagination wander too far when you just need a palate cleanser. So imagine my surprise when this contemporary romance got pretty damn heated, and not just in the sexy sexy way that we all like to see.

I mean, if you’re trying to search for the Lost City of Gold, you know you’re going to have some trouble chasing after you. Even if you’re trying to just not fall in love with the one person on your team that you apparently don’t like. It happens more often than we think, and I think that this book did a great job of keeping me entertained and in this journey.

Profile Image for Rachel Gilbey.
2,694 reviews495 followers
January 29, 2020
Action and adventure wrapped up in a fabulous rom-com. Complete with an initial "meeting" that involves a naked bum, and a monkey! What on earth more could you ask for from a book.

This latest book was everything I could have wanted from a Camilla Isley story based on the title and a whole lot more besides.

It's a fabulous setting, twists I didn't see coming and it actually had my adrenaline pumping at points as I wondered how they would escape the situation they found themselves in.

I loved how Winter and Logan hated each other initially, while at the same time feeling the undercurrents of something more.

The writing pulled me right into the middle of the action, and I was so hooked I didn't dare read the last bit on a tube as I feared where I would end up myself!!

And I'm delighted to hear that my favourite secondary character from this book, will be given his own story next. I can't wait.

I love all these interconnected stand alone books, from an author who never stays unread on my kindle for long!!

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
Profile Image for Camilla Isley.
Author 22 books1,898 followers
Read
October 9, 2020
Available wherever audiobooks are sold...

An Enemies to Lovers, Adventure Rom Com
Thrown together on an expedition to find the legendary Lost City of Gold, photographer Winter and archaeologist Logan are instant enemies. But as they journey through the jungle together — and their treasure hunt takes an unexpected turn — the line between love and hate begins to blur…

What I love most about this book: I finally got to go on a treasure hunt!
Profile Image for ItaPixie.
993 reviews78 followers
February 25, 2020

From Thailand With Love was so sooo nice and when I turned last page I wished there was more to read.

I've enjoyed to follow Winter, a travel photographer, and Logan, an archaeologist, in their adventure to discover an ancient city of gold in the Thai forest.
Our main characters hate each other on the spot but a difficult time in an old temple make them reconsider their positions and they call a truce.

You can always count on Camilla Isley for a cute and funny story and a pretty and colourful cover, she is a guarantee.
I'm very much looking forward to next book in the series with a certain good looking viking as a hero.

Copy kindly provided by the Publisher/Author

Profile Image for Natalie.
34 reviews
December 12, 2020
"𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑙, 𝑙𝑒𝑡’𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑡 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑎 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑑𝑖𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙, 𝑎𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑢𝑎𝑙 𝑉𝑖𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑎’𝑠 𝑆𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡 𝐹𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑤—𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑘, 𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑦 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑠𝑡, 𝑙𝑒𝑔𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑚 𝑡𝑜 𝑒𝑛𝑑."

"𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦, 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑔𝑠. 𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑, 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑡 𝑠𝑢𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑛’𝑡 𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑜𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑒𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑚𝑒."
Yikes, yikes, yikes. I couldn't finish this, like wow.
Profile Image for Adele.
831 reviews
February 27, 2020
Ohh this was such a fabulous page turner of a read! From Thailand With Love is book 5 in the First Comes Love series however, each book is a standalone story based around an enemies to lover romantic comedy theme.
I've read quite a few of Camilla Isley's novels now and she writes stories that you fall in love with and you instantly become friends with the characters and are silently cheering them on.
I loved this storyline in From Thailand With Love; we have one feisty, beautiful, talented lady who is confident with her capabilities and then we have a man who's still feeling bruised from his last break-up when he disobeyed his own ruling of mixing business with pleasure.
Winter Knowles is a photographer and she's currently in Thailand for her next assignment, an assignment that's been kept secretive but she feels she's about to embark on a remarkable journey photographing detailed evidence of something that could become the start of an adventure of her lifetime.
Dr Logan Spencer is an esteemed archaeologist and he has been researching a forgotten hidden city within the depths of the jungle in Thailand. He's desperate to prove his theories correct and all his dreams of success lie on this project. Logan has put together a team of experts to join him on his journey and he's met all of them apart from his photographer. Enter Winter Knowles, a vision to the eyes and one Logan believes will become a nuisance and distraction to the team. So first impressions don't go down well but as the mission commences Winter proves she is worthy of her place on the team.
However, as the mission takes on a dramatic turn the relationship between Winter and Logan becomes a battle of survival of their lives and of the ever growing chemistry that is sizzling between them.
An addictive, adventure fuelled romcom that will have you turning the pages desperate to know what happens next. Loved it!
Profile Image for Sydney Abel.
91 reviews3 followers
September 15, 2020
A whole heck of a lot is crammed into 218 pages!! Gave me Indiana Jones mixed with National Treasure vibes.

It was actually hilarious the amount unfortunate events that continued piling up on Logan and Winter. For having a group of angry, gold smuggling, pissed off ex special forces officers shooting/chasing after you... Winter and Logan seemed pretty chill. The part where she starts to sunbathe... I’m sorry but how and why. Just galloping and laughing in the water while these psychotic soldiers are hunting you🙄It really made me uncomfortable when they chose to flirt with each too - literally during every single life and death situation encounter. But, I know its meant to be a rom com.. still just so unrealistic 😂

Overall, this book is the ultimate cheese, but I was flying through the pages!

Super eventful and fun story:)
Profile Image for Debby *BabyDee*.
1,121 reviews57 followers
May 15, 2021
This is the second book that I've read by Camilla Isley. I love the enemy to lover trope that I thought had its fun points that occasionally brings a smile to your face. On transition it was a bit slow for me. The brutish hero was annoying and the heroine was a bit too childish.

Narration by Carly Robins was okay and was hard to follow as the toggle between character voices sounded a bit too much alike.
Profile Image for Donna Maguire.
4,308 reviews102 followers
March 20, 2020

I loved the cover for this book, it is lovely and really catches your eye!

I found this was a really easy story to read, the author set the pace and tone for the book brilliantly and I loved the setting. She really brought the story to life for me I was happy to relax and just let her take me away with the story - I could almost feel the sun as I was reading!

It did make me giggle at times when I was reading it as myself and my husband really didn’t like each other when we first me so it was great reading the interaction between Logan and Winter.

I really enjoyed this one - it is 4 stars from me, it was a lovely story, well written with some fabulous characters – highly recommended and another fabulous story from this author!!
Profile Image for is it me? am I the villain?.
156 reviews6 followers
August 29, 2020
Well, wasn’t this book a huge disappointment.

What I expected this to be: a fun rom-com with some exotic and dangerous journey through the jungle and a pair of witty main characters.

What I got: a slow and mostly boring journey through a not so exotic described jungle with a sexist man and a woman with child-like behavior.

Let’s start with Logan.

This book basically starts with a hot view of his ass, so we all know he’s physically perfect. Of course he is *eye roll*. But being physically beautiful isn’t important at all when you’re a sexist prick, which he is, and we can notice that since his very first POV: “With weeks of heavy trekking ahead of us, bringing a woman on board was a terrible idea.” He then excuses himself saying he doesn’t have anything against women since he and his ex girlfriend went on journeys together but after that: “But a few bad experiences with mixed-gender teams afterward have taught me what a nightmare having a slow, whiny, drama queen on the payroll can be.”

Like ok so you’re telling me professional women that are specifically hired to do expeditions CAN’T act civilized or ethical in their jobs? Of course, because we women can’t be anything but drama queens.

As if this wasn’t enough sexism, he also added: “Plus, having one woman join a team of eight men is going to be an unwanted distraction on its own.” Ah, now I get it. This isn’t about the women, then. This is about your men who are incapable of being ethical in the presence of females and of course have to act “manly” and try to seduce them. Isn’t this funny. Because his so respected “best friend” is the first one to jump to her jugular and see her as a sexual distraction instead of focusing on his fucking job.

Some advice, Logan: next time hire real men, not monkeys.

Oh, but wait, if you thought this was it, you’re wrong. He had some more bullshit: “I hope at least she’s ugly. Or married. Less chance of my team falling over themselves trying to impress her if she is. I have enough problems without adding yet another to the mix.”

At this point, you may think this asshole perhaps will have some redemption and change his mind, so in that way you could (barely) excuse his behavior. But no. Of course that shit won’t happen here. All we see is how he develops a crush on Winter and then proceeds to focus on seducing her even though [little spoiler next] they’re being followed by a bunch of ex G.I. JOE fuckers who wants to kill them. Anyways. He never really respected Winter, he just softened about her because he had a crush on her or, should I say, fell in love with her. I’m actually laughing right now.

Now, Winter.

I don’t really have much to say about her, but I can tell you I wanted to strangle her from time to time. She isn’t as despicable as Logan, but she is childish and kind of stupid, if I’m honest. And let’s not talk about how she called him “Satan” in her mind (because that’s so hahahaha funny omg 🙄) or how she fell in love with him even though they’ve known each other for a fucking week and half of that week she barely got to know him. Or about how she somehow developed a STRONG friendship with Logan’s best friend to the point she caressed his cheek sister-like even tho he tried to seduce her. CRINGE. You can notice the poor girl is shallow. She’s more like a meh, she’s not worth the effort character, so let’s just leave it there.

And finally, let’s talk about the story.

This had A LOT of potential here. We’re talking about discovering a fucking LOST CITY OF GOLD whilst heading into a dangerous expedition through the jungle. But no. We see nothing of this. There were no dangerous natural encounters, nor any glory when they actually found the fucking city. The descriptions were vague and not espectacular as you would think, the important pieces of the story were basic and boring. Camila decided to focus more on Winter calling multiple times Logan “Satan” than on the plot itself. Very disappointing.

The whole book they’re warned about venomous snakes and exotic animals attacking them and shit, but as I said, we never see any of this. The author preferred to use a stupid thorns bush so this idiot sidekick fell on it, flat on his ass (because this also is hahahaha so funny omg). Girl, use your imagination. I’d rather have him bitten by a venomous snake, the jerk deserved it. Not to mention that he was almost dying because of an infection and let’s just imagine if he actually died and in Hell everyone asked him how he died and he’d be like “I fell butt-first on a thorns bush”.

And, oh, one last thing that annoyed the shit out of me was the insta-love and Logan’s different behavior because of it. One fucking week and they’re saying “I love you” as easy as you would say “can I have ketchup please”, like such things actually happen between grown adults. And Logan suddenly being more worried in hugging and consoling Winter instead of helping his moribund best friend (his only “family” now) like ???? Bitch are you for real.

Anyways, sorry for my messy review but this actually annoyed me. Can’t believe I finished it, let alone spent my time on it. I blame the quarantine.

Don’t read this, it’s awful. 1/5 stars.
Profile Image for Curious Cat.
31 reviews
September 2, 2021
It was a cheesy romance, filled with every cheesy romance trope ever. But it was still a fun little read, if you fancy sth like that from time to time. It just felt really... Hollow for me. Hollow but entertaining, if that makes sense?
Profile Image for Rachel.
474 reviews53 followers
September 14, 2021
I'm going to talk freely aka there will be spoilers.

First off this is my third Camilla Isley book (all audio) and it's the first one to get all five stars. After listening to Opposites Attract and To the Stars and Back I expected From Thailand with Love to be just as fluffy and witty as the others. Obviously it would be an enemies to loves trope (that's, like, Isley's thing right?). What I wasn't expecting was the adventure. The audio blurb does not let on to that little aspect of the story. But, the adventure part was great. It was a twist I didn't know was coming and honestly it's 100% what took this book to five stars.

See, Winter and Logan's instant hate wasn't completely sold on me this start around. And, though it was still witty and there was still banter, I felt like Winter jumped to calling Logan "Satan" pretty quickly.😂 Granted, he is a total tool in the immediate beginning when he's doing that whole "no woman on my team" bruiting thing.🙄 This once was less fluff and more action. Anyway, you have enemies to lovers and a search for a Lost City of Gold turned capture/escape plot. It's like YA Love and Olives meets Camilla Isley and they bond over their love of the National Treasure movies. 🙌🏻 It's fucking fantastic.
Profile Image for Carla.
5,726 reviews121 followers
February 26, 2020
4.5 Stars: This was a fun story. It was a romance, there was some humour, lots of adventure, some suspense and action. Right from page one, I was hooked. I loved Winter's character. She was gorgeous, but she was also smart, talented, wicked funny, quick on her feet, loving and independent. Me, in a prettier package. 😃 All kidding aside, she was a great heroine in this story. Her hero, was Logan. An arrogant, quick to judge, smart, handsome professor of archeology who was leading the expedition to find the lost city in Thailand. You just know they are going to get together, but the tension leading up to that was well written. I enjoyed the witty dialogue between Winter, Logan and Archie, Logan's best friend and team member. Winter got along with all the team, except the security team who kept to themselves, and easily became friends with them all, except Logan. This was definitely an enemies to lovers trope, with sizzle. The story itself was a bit of an Indiana Jones story, in fact Winter refers to that several times in the story. Being trapped, chased, and lost added to the suspense and adventure. I really enjoyed this story, the plot, the characters and the outcome. If you like a romance with adventure, suspense, humour, and just a little bit of angst, then this is the story for you. I received a copy of this book upon request. The rating, ideas and opinions shared are my own.
Profile Image for Charanya.
178 reviews27 followers
February 29, 2020
Disclaimer: I love Camilla Isley books. The lowest star I would give would still be only a 4

Now on to this one, first let me get it out of the away about how thrilled I am about Archie getting his own book! But the blurb for it was disconcerting because it sounded like a normal rom-com. I have to adjust my expectation after the intense, action filled book 'From Thailand, with love' turned out to be!

To be honest, I was skeptical when I read the blurb for this one last year but I was in for a good surprise. I thought finding the claimed lost city was going to be the meat of the book but the real story began after that

Some of the plot twists were a bit too convincing but I found myself not being able to put the book down till I got through with it because I was invested. Logan and Winter moments were both intense and sweet the author's romance writing shines through there. Logan is your standard gruff with a playful side lead, Winter is no damsel in distress she came with better plan of action at times of crisis and intertwined within the adventure is a beautiful romance. Some might complain of less romance and more action but this book made for a good change of pace in this series.
Now for Archie and Summer :D I am not sure if Summer is good enough for Archie but I guess we will find out! ;)
Profile Image for Vikkie.
489 reviews28 followers
February 24, 2020
Wow Camilla Isley has done it again. This is another absolutely wonderful and delightful read. I have not been able to put this one down and it has been a superb read.
I have read all of this series and have eagerly and impatiently waited for this one. I definitely have not been disappointed.
Fantastic plot ✅
Wonderful characters ✅
Amazing author ✅
This is a book which literally has it all. It has been utterly impossible to put down and I have devoured this in just a few hours.
This has been a gorgeous and heartwarming read. I’d even go as far as to say this may be my favourite of the whole series.
I am definitely in the Camilla Isley fan club and already excited to see what the future holds. This is without a doubt a five star rating from me. Although, this is one of those books which deserves more.
Profile Image for Tiffany  (Bluestocking).
414 reviews12 followers
April 11, 2022
While the adventure/action was superb, the romance seemed misplaced. I never felt the chemistry between Logan & Winter. They spent 95% of the book bickering like children. They were both stubborn and unreasonable which was annoying. The romance was forced and haphazardly thrown in throughout the story. They are literally running for their lives, in the jungle, yet they pause long enough to not only hook-up but also sunbathe(Winter)…really? Also Winter to quick to take offense at everything Logan said so I couldn’t buy into the whole “I love you’s”.

Action/Adventure-4 stars Romance-1 star

Content: Clean, Kissing, Mild innuendo, Moderate language (1 F-word) Off page intimacy.
Profile Image for Dedra ~ A Book Wanderer.
959 reviews63 followers
August 31, 2022
3.25 stars. I so wanted to love this one. I’m a fan of Indiana Jones and Romancing the Stone so I was excited for the premise, but it didn’t quite meet the mark. It WAS entertaining, but it was hard to get past Logan’s sexist remarks in the beginning. It’s a quick read, though, which made it perfect for a readathon.
Profile Image for January Newbanks.
49 reviews4 followers
March 14, 2022
Recommended on several blogs for lighter fare with a strong sense of place. Dead wrong. Descriptions (uninspired as they may be) could have been for any tropical location. The story was blah too. Love story really stilted and uncomfortable.
Profile Image for M.
97 reviews
August 29, 2021
3. Not alot of deapth but a quick, easy, fun and light-hearted read.

Love the concept.
Enjoyable scenes.
301 reviews2 followers
March 28, 2020
I really loved the setting, would have wanted to learn more on the discovery, instead of having a big chunk of the book on the escape.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for K..
3,543 reviews999 followers
November 9, 2020
Trigger warnings: violence, whatever the heck counts as...

This is not at all how archaeology works. Like, not even a little bit. Archaeology is not about going out and finding a lost city full of treasure and making sure you get your name in the newspapers for finding it. Archaeology is about what you do *after* you find the lost city full of treasure. And if your plan isn't to, like, excavate a cess pit or a midden, you are not a real archaeologist, my friend. You are a treasure hunter. (Source: my archaeology degree)

Anyway. The romance in this was...abrupt but otherwise fine. The plot was utterly ridiculous but also exactly what I expected when I read the blurb. I nearly rolled my eyes out of my head at the notion of twin sisters named Winter and Summer, but whatever. This was basically just...fine. I guarantee I will forget everything about it inside a month. But hey - it's set in Thailand and therefore ticked a box for one of my reading goals this year, so I'm going to go ahead and call it a win.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 98 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.