Start by marking “Fortunes of Blood (Thomas Briggs #1)” as Want to Read:
Fortunes of Blood (Thomas Briggs #1)

Fortunes of Blood (Thomas Briggs #1)

Fortunes of Blood is about an ex-FBI agent whose life was tragically turned upside down with the death of his partner and close friend. Knowing a leak in the bureau was the direct cause of his friends death, he has turned his back on the powers that be and leaving the agency far behind. Thomas Briggs now lives his life by the old adage, An eye for an eye, and now being a ...more
Paperback
Published July 20th 2018 by self-published

To ask other readers questions about Fortunes of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fortunes of Blood

Start your review of Fortunes of Blood (Thomas Briggs #1)
Píaras Cíonnaoíth
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An action-packed crime thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat!

Author V.M. Tackett weaves an action-packed crime thriller with intriguing twists and turns that will easily captivate the readers attention from the beginning. The author paints a creative and shadowy tale of crime and corruption in a very vivid and convincing way. In addition, the characters are drawn with great credibility and conviction. Its a fast-paced novel an action-packed crime thriller

Thomas Briggs, a former
Marythios (AkaSusanne )
This was a good book it was high octane from start to finish. The story kept me engaged it was also fast paced reading. Thomas Briggs was a one man wrecking crew. His special training made him the perfect person to clean the mob house out. My only complaint to the story is I thought the relationship to Thomas and Stefanni was rushed. I believe in love at first sight but even with that relationships take time to build trust and to me this part of the story could have been fleshed out more making ...more
Divya Mahajan
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fortunes of Blood is an action packed fast paced thriller from start to finish like a Schwarzennegger or a Statham movie. Never a dull moment in the entire story.
The story starts with Thomas Briggs an ex FBI agent now an mercenary for hire, searching for his partner and best friend's killer and soon the plot thickens gets a job to rescue a kidnapped young girl.
The job which seems straight forward soon becomes dangerous with both authorities and mafia gunning for him as well as to continue n the
Ioannis
Oct 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Many thanks to @BookTasters and the author for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have mixed feelings about this book. It's like I watched a very good action movie but with amateur actors. The characters were a bit flat and at times they overreact.
But...
This is one of the most fast-paced books I ever read. It's full of bullets, killings, explosions, from the first to last page. I felt like I put Red Bull in my coffee instead of water!
I don't know if I read this
Rhonda
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast paced thriller with surprising ending. Plenty of action.
Rachel
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thomas Briggs is an FBI agent or he was. A witness handover has gone wrong leaving Briggs as the sole survivor; the informant and his partner both killed. Wracked with guilt he sets out for revenge.
Leaving the FBI behind Briggs becomes a gun for hire. All while still trying to find the person responsible for the death of his best friend and partner. Briggs is close to finding out who that person is but is hired by the mob when one of their own is kidnapped. We learn that Thomas Briggs wasnt
Sean
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely enjoyed reading this book. From the moment I started, I quickly connected with each of the characters from the main protagonist, Thomas Briggs, to Stephanies Gilano, daughter of reputed mob boss Giovanni Gilano and the object of Briggs's first job. The story, which is set in Atlantic City New Jersey, opens with Briggs and another FBI agent, Nick Levine, attempting to bring in a mob witness, Vinny Vitali, to testify against the Gambetti crime family. Things quickly go sideways after ...more
Jai
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fortunes of Blood features a stirring action-packed crime thriller that's sure to grip you from the get-go. Brilliant writing, hilarious character dynamics and picturesque action scenes are what makes this stand out among books of the same genre.

Story-wise, I found it a bit predictable. It has the classic formula of a revenge-driven ex-FBI agent turned hired gun who falls in love with a sassy mafia heiress amidst the rescue mission. But it was written well that despite the cliché tropes ticking
Temitope
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fortune of blood is an action packed crime triller that will keep you on the edge of your seat. It was a captivating and interesting. It is a book about crime, revenge, love and betrayal that you won't be able to drop till you read it till the end. I enjoy every page of the book. Thanks to @booktaster for the free read.
Yolisa
Jul 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fast paced thriller with Thomas Briggs as the super valiant man of the moment.He is invincible,he enjoys a good challenge.Former FBI agent with a serious vendetta against the East Coast's biggest mafia: Gambetti family.
He is asked to rescue a young lady and all hell breaks loose. Wherever he and this girl are,danger is right around the corner.
So much fun to read.
Victor Bookworm
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a crime thriller which has kept me on the edge of my chair! The book was the magnet and I was the steel. The Best crime thriller I have came across so far. Just grab you copy and all will be ....until you read back cover.
Angela Valente
Jul 06, 2019
V.M. Tackett
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
V.M. Tackett
Dec 27, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Stacy

• Ring Shout
  • The Survivors
  • Splitter
  • Piranesi
  • Blue on Black (Harry Bosch, #14.5; Harry Bosch Universe, #20.5)
  • IT'S A DISASTER! ...and what are YOU gonna do about it? (5th Edition)

News & Interviews