Start by marking “Vortex” as Want to Read:

Vortex

Constant spinning, round and round and round, temperatures rise and fall from stifling heat to chilling cold, emotions run high in anticipation of what will happen next… there’s a fine line between surviving a tornado and falling in love.

A close encounter with a tornado, during the final months of her doctoral studies, jogs a lost memory to the surface. Desperate to relive
Published January 31st 2019 by Abalos Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Vortex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vortex

Heather Bass
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from this author and she blew me away. I absolutely love a good romance story with some suspense but this book exceeded all my expectations. I was hooked on this story right from the start. You can’t help but to fall in love with these characters.

Elaina Adams is getting her doctorate in a very dangerous field. She is a storm chaser and she absolutely loves it. Elaina gets a feeling that a tornado is coming her way and she needs to help the public. She is tryin
Angela
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

WOW! I don’t quite know what I was expecting from this book when I started it, except that I knew it would be good, just as all Ms. Packard’s other books have been- but this far and away exceeded all my expectations and then some. Vortex by Kimberly Packard has just become one of my top 5 reads this year! I know that there is still a lot of the year to get through, but I am certain that come December, it will still be part of the top reads of the year- it’s just that compelling, edgy, mys
janet havrilla
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. It had a lot of ups and downs besides tornadoes. Very engaging. Very twisting and overall a wonderful read
Lisa
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibbb-year-3
By Kimberly Packard
Rated 5 stars!!

Wow I really had to step away for a moment after finishing this book. My emotions were all over the place. In fact while reading I ran through some crazy feelings. This is an amazing book that has many front facing features. I assumed it was about storm chasers (which it is) but there are other sides that come forward that had me whirling around trying to figure them out. I loved the idea of this book. It’s about the ultimate thrill that is crazy and scar
Debi
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vortex by Kimberly Packard

5 Stars

I think I've read almost all of this authors books and I love them all, this one might just be my favorite so far.

Storm chasers are always fascinating to me and although it scares me to death Im thankful we have those out there willing to risk their lives so that our advanced warning systems are in the places they are.

This was no different than the rest of this authors books with the easy flow of the writing and the unique storylines. I loved the “twist” in this
Laura Furuta
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By: Kimberly Packard
5 out of 5 stars

The story Vortex by Kimberly Packard is a wonderful book that I enjoyed reading. The story is both emotional and takes you on a high-speed ride with storm chasers. It at times had me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. I loved reading about the character of Elaina Adams. She is strong, independent, and has a determination to get her doctorate. A memory has been awakened when she has a close encounter in a storm. She now finds
Maura
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
VORTEX starts like a popular movie about tornadoes. I was comparing and thinking the whole book was going to be this way, when, much like a tornado, it took a turn and shifted completely. This is absolutely its own high energy/unique story.

This is the story of relationships and following you dreams. It's very descriptive and multi layered. There are things that are not as they appear. It has some interesting movement along the way and held my attention.

The dog and his human's connection was so c
Kerry Baker
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vortex by Kimberly Packard is a book unlike any I had read before. The plot was different from most of the books I have read recently and that captures my attention and kept me hooked.
Part of what had me so fascinated with this book is that I just couldn’t imagine anything that would prompt me to do what Elaine does. And yet at the same time I felt like I was right there with her making those decisions, chasing all those storms.
This book takes you on such an emotional journey. It’s been a while
Gail Guerrero
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
VORTEX BY KIMBERLY PACKARD

Four Stars

Nope I couldn’t do it. I would refuse to do it. I couldn’t imagine someone asking me to get close to a tornado or hurricane. I don’t understand the thrill people get from being in danger. Elaina must have had a death wish. She was too eager to go into the middle of a storm. I didn’t like the way they put Heath’s life on her. She didn’t deserve it. But people say and do a lot when they grieve. Elaina has a lot of emotional and mental baggage and it made her str
Bobbi Wagner
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It is my favorite by this author yet! It is fast paced, creative and pulled me in right from the start. I loved how the creative characters made me feel as if I was right there in the story. This is a story of finding who you are, family and love. Elaina is a storm chaser and Seth is a meteorologist. What happens when they meet starts a twister of a journey that I couldn’t put down. I loved their chemistry and they made the story into what it is. A must read!
Ruthie Jones
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vortex by Kimberly Packard is jam packed with surprises. Just like a twister, Vortex shifts and twirls at lightning speed, and nobody is exempt from scrutiny and heartache. As doctoral candidates, Elaina and Heath, her best friend and academic partner, are putting the finishing touches on their dissertation on tornado genesis. Chasing a few more storms will give them that final data, but nature has other plans.

Vortex is more than a budding yet volatile romance between Elaina and Seth, a young ne
Jenni Bishop
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vortex by Kimberly Packard is a uniquely different story and one that I really enjoyed reading. I absolutely love Storm chasers and the whole thing scares the sh*t out of me but fascinates me immensely. I imagine it’s a tough job with so much risk, yet thrilling at the same time and this book was just how I imagined the chase would be. The story flows easily and is fast paced. This story is a really intense read and is definitely pulls at the emotions. I was on the edge of my seat many many time ...more
Eda
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is about storm chasers with a cast of characters that run the gambit, from nurse to gambling tour guide. They all take an active and meandering part in the story, which was written with skill and talent. It was an interesting read especially when the author describes the storms and close calls. Very thrilling. Elaina is a doctoral student, writing her dissertation on tornados with her best friend and fellow doctoral student Heath. With paranormal elements, it’s a twisty story that kee ...more
Lyndsey Fairley
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vortex by Kimberly Packard
4 stars

While I commend those who do this, I could never be a storm chaser! I myself live in tornado alley but have thankfully never been in a tornado.
I found myself reading so fast as I needed to know what happened next. Very fast paced and definitely wasnt expecting some things that happened.
Heather Lovelace
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was an unexpected delight. Emotional and riveting, I found myself sitting in the front seat with storm chasers. The details allowed my imagination to run wild. The characters were relatively able and realistic. Packard does a wonderful job creating this universe and these characters.
Rita
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a unique book. I really enjoyed the plot. The main character was very interesting and exciting. The storm chasers was unusual too. I enjoyed the entire book. The author is quite talented and has quite an imagination. She has put together a great story to read!
Elizabeth Otvos
Michael Hurt
Mya Murphy
Angelica Dimeo
Feb 19, 2019
Kimberly Packard is an award-winning author of women’s fiction. She began visiting her spot on the shelves at libraries and bookstores at a young age, gazing between the Os and the Qs. Kimberly received a degree in journalism from the University of North Texas, and has worked in public relations and communications for nearly 20 years.

When she isn’t writing, she can be found rollerblading, doing a